What to do for salad dressing?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
What to do for salad dressing?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  skinnycute 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Hi.

What does everyone do for a low-cal salad dressing? I love salad and can happily eat a giant salad that has minimal calories, but I don’t want to ruin it by putting on a high-cal dressing. I usually make my own dressing with my own oil and vinegar and a packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian, but that has far too many calories in it.

Any good make-your-own options? Or store-bought?

I love salad, but I don’t want to eat it “naked.”

Thanks.

Sometimes on fast days I’ll put some balsamic vinegar on my salad. About 30 calories per tsp, or something like that.

Thanks!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Lime juice, chopped coriander, little brown sugar to sweeten, chopped chilli’s in it.
    Add fish sauce for a fish dressing.

Melinda in NC,

I love Ranch dressing, but not the calories. So I fill a plastic bottle 1/3 full of light Ranch, 1/3 of lemon juice, and a 1/3 of red wine vinegar and shake it up really good. It covers a salad or cooked veggies really well, without hardly using any dressing and it goes a long way. Very tasty!

Balsamic or lemon juice.

I make my own raspberry vinegar using sugar substitute, I love sweet dressing on salad. Otherwise, red wine vinegar, lemon or lime juice and a little bit of sweetener, or the vinegar is too harsh on my throat. Oh yes, and lots of chopped coriander really moves a salad up a notch 🙂

Thanks, all! These are great ideas and will try them out.

One teaspoon (5 ml, i.e. 5 g) of olive oil = 45 kcal, good for skin, hair, brain 😀

A dressing for salad or marinade for meat

half fresh chilli deseeded
    1tbsp grated root ginger (size of top 3rd of small finger ish)
    2tbsp soy sauce
    lime juice (or lemon if preferred)
    2 tsp e.v olive oil/cold pressed rapeseed oil (optional)

I am a fan of the Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing. 35 calories for 2 TBS.

I totally agree! Love salad veg but not dry! I have started using Sainsburys be good to yourself thousand island, also their honey and mustard. I carry it around with me in small bottles for use any time!

Where do you buy lite ranch dressing??

Love these ideas….especially the ones with lime juice and chilli.

Hi Melinda I like wee splash of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic, squeeze of lime juice and grated lime zest. The lime makes it taste really zingy.
    I can eat loads of salad if it has a nice dressing on it.
    Elaine 🙂

I use this…..

45ml (3 tbs) fresh lime or lemon juice (you can use orange for a bit more sweetness)
    grated rind of lime or lemon
    10g (1 tsp)clear honey
    5ml (1 tsp)whole grain mustard
    5ml (1 tsp) toasted sesame oil
    small pinch sea salt
    3 or 4 grinds of black pepper

shake together

10 cals per teaspoonful

Well, even though a tbsp of olive oil weghs in on the budget with about 90 kcal, I ofttimes use it for my salads nonetheless. That’s due to the reason that I have carrots or paprika in the salad and the ycontain vitamins like A or E. Those are liposoluble which means your body needs some kind of fat to be able to retrieve those vitamins.

I think this whole diet is about leaving healthy and when I jump on salad, I want to get the most benefits out of it.

I ofttimes also work with fat-free yogurt for dressings:
    100g 0,1% fat yogurt
    1EL lemon or lime juice
    any kind of fresh herbs, chipped in small pieces
    1 teaspoon of olive olive

If it is to less to coat a whole salad, just add some low cal vegetable stock.

Enjoy.

HI guys, Thank for all of your tips. I’m glad i went in this forum, I’ll try one of this days to do a salad.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply.