What I did 1 year ago today

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
What I did 1 year ago today

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hello everyone

Today I am feeling very proud, 20th Feb 2015 I was in The Freeman Hospital, Newcastle waiting to go to theatre for surgery. Why am I proud?

I had my left kidney removed. It then went on a little journey to the RVI, Newcastle to be transplanted in to my, then 17 year old, stepson. I had various tests to ensure I was healthy and lost around 21lbs in weight. I wasn’t on the 5:2 when I lost the weight, mainly from exercise and eating healthy.

My stepson has grown in to a healthy young man gaining much needed weight and even grew 2 inches in height. Last weekend he celebrated his 18th birthday.

This has been a very rewarding journey and made me look at myself and my life. I try not to stress over things I cannot change. I feel so much more in a good place. If today hasn’t gone well I no longer beat myself up over it. Bounce back tomorrow. The time has come for me to lose the last lot of weight and get to my target. My journey will most likely follow that of a roller coaster but that’s life.

Today I celebrate my life and all it means, I celebrate the life I gave to a very sick young man and I celebrate life in general. A beautiful thing that we all need to embrace and enjoy.

Whatever you are celebrating today, or any day, I wish you well and thank you for taking the time to read this post

You should be proud. A gift of a life and normality in life is something that should be celebrated and valued above anything.

Congrats to you and to him. Long life and good health.

Wow BuzyB, that was such a wonderful thing to do. I don’t know if I could ever do that.

Congratulations to you and your now healthy stepson.

Bronx

amazing story – I have so much admiration for you!

I am a Guiding Leader and on Monday I will be celebrating ‘Thinking Day’, when we think on our promises and about our sister guides/scouts worldwide.

What a wonderful thing you did. Giving life to another person.

You should be very proud of yourself helping someone to live again.

A year down he is now a healthy young man with his life before him.

Well done on your 21 lbs weight loss and you possibly think of life in a very different way.

X

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.