What excercise do you do with your dieting?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
What excercise do you do with your dieting?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  griffil4 9 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I ask because I usually do 40 mins on the treadmill at a fairly fast pace – I am post op on a knee injury, so I can’t go any faster atm.

However this week I have felt really ill, epilepsy woes, will cutting out excercise for a few days ruin my 2 pound a week progress?

I am still staying well under my tdee, and never eat back my excercise calories.

Your TDEE calculation takes your exercise into consideration so there are no calories to “eat back”

If you are sick then you need to give yourself time to recover. If that sets your weightloss back by a couple of lbs it isn’t the end of the world. When you are feeling better, maybe you could add and extra FD for a couple of weeks.
    I hope you feel better soon.

I actually always calculate my TDEE with no exercise – so it doesn’t take it into account, mainly just because I like to see the calories burned on my tracker – and it is easier for me when days are uneven.

It is something my old personal trainer told me to do when I was super ill one summer.

Thankyou 🙂

I have been a runner for nearly a year and I alternate my fast days with running days, I think I would make myself ill if I do both on a single day. I also find that after a fast day it is better that I eat throughout the day and do a run in the evening as otherwise I cant complete my run and it wipes me right out.

Being healthy is more important that missing out on 2pounds. You have more time to lose that weight. If you need to take a bit of a break from running, then take it. Ive injured my leg (running) this week and Im wondering if its best that I don’t fast this week so I can get more nutrients to help it heal. I haven’t decided yet, but if I miss this week, I just start again next week. There’s no pressure to this diet. I love it! Go easy on yourself. 🙂

As the weather warms up, I’m out doors cycling when my schedule permits, usually 55 miles on Saturday and 70 on Sunday, plus a few 30-40 mile rides on weekdays if I can fit them in.

If I don’t go out on the bike, I go to the gym and do an hour of HIT training on the Stairmaster, Marpo Kinetics rope machine and the Expresso bike.

I haven’t been doing anything but walking the dog on my fast days, anywhere from 2 to 5 miles depending on the weather.

I haven’t tried cycling on my fast days. If I go on group rides we’re usually pretty fast, with sprints up to 35mph or so. I don’t think I could handle it on 600 calorie. I might try it once just to see what happens. As long as I don’t pass out I guess I’ll make it home 🙂

I have done 8 or 9 miles on fast days pre-baby – it is totally do-able and also helps the fat burning along. Not doing anything much these days though and can report my weight loss has remained the same, exercise or no exercise! Can’t explain the maths behind that…!

I did no exercise at all for the first 6 weeks and lost about 2lb a week. Have now started a strength and cardio program and carried on with my 2lb a week loss. I still have my exercise set at “sedentary” and don’t eat more to account for any exercise I do.

I’m fasting and marathon training but find I’m ok to run on a fast day but rubbish if I do a long run after a fast day, obviously no glycogen left in muscles, so adjust your training and exercise according to what you are doing, just listen to your body.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.