Weight Loss Plateau

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi,

I’ve been doing the fast diet for about 2 months and had been loosing about 1kg a week until about 3 weeks ago, now I’m not loosing any weight at all. Will this change? Am i doing something wrong? I am starting to get frustrated and disheartened and wonder wether to continue further with the fast diet.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Hi KGO,

Even though 3 weeks is a good amount of time, I saw many people who had their weight loss halted for about 4-5 weeks and then jump started again.

If its the time that you had hit the, nightmare of all weight losers frustation, plateau, I suggest to re focus on the aspects of your food on the fast days as well as non-fast days. Couple of things to put you on track would be to, increase the fast days by 1, so if currently you’re doing 5:2, change that to 4:3. Also you can try to reduce the calorie intake of non-fast days, say a bit, by another 500 cal. Sure, these methods have worked out for people and goanna do the same magic for you too.

All the very best 🙂

Hi kgo and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about one pound a week over time. You are doing fine.

This thread has all of the information about plateaus, why they happen, and why you get large initial weight losses and then stall for awhile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet. Just scan through the posts and you will find your answers.

Good Luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.