Wanted to lose more pounds than i could! Help me out;)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Wanted to lose more pounds than i could! Help me out;)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sjd 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hey, I’m new and looking to lose some more weight. I’ve been using a guide called ‘venus factor’, which you can check out by visiting
    https://tr.im/19uoz
    I’ve lost 10lbs using it so far in the last 3 months.

So far the course has worked for me and they offer a pretty awesome guarantee, so I think it’s worth the $47.

Before that I’ve tried the Paleo Diet and the South Beach Diet, as well as the ‘starving diet’ which I know now doesn’t work.

I’m here to learn some more and try to get healthier alongside losing weight, so my question is: what do you recommend in terms of food not to eat, as well as a healthy eating cycle?

In my opinion, if you have to pay for information on the diet, then it’s probably a money grabbing fad that won’t work at all or at least won’t work in the long run. Do you mind me asking why you’re not continuing with the diet you paid for?

In terms of health, high fat foods and processed foods are best ate moderately and sparsely. I’m not a person that will cut out any food, because I love food way too much! So everything in moderation is good to eat, there is no food you shouldn’t eat.

A healthy eating cycle depends on the person. I find 5:2 a healthy eating cycle for me. Some people find eating the same amount of calories a day is healthy for them. Some people like 4:3 or alternate day fasting. Some people follow other specific diets, like yourself, and that could work for them. A healthy eating cycle depends on the person, and any cycle is healthy as long as you’re eating enough for your body and getting enough nutrients.

Good evening NatashaRebecca,

Thank you for your input. I was introduced to this diet by a friend of mine. I’ve managed to pay for it, so im surely not going to let that go to waste. Just wanted to hear a few ways on how to change my eating cycle, that was the main point of the post.

I completely agree with you when you say, “I’m not a person that will cut out any food, because I love food way too much!” I have the same problem, but i just can’t seem to stop myself from having JUST ONE MORE! πŸ™‚

What do your daily (500 Calorie intake days) meals consist of? That seems a little scary 5 days you can have anything you want and then 2 days of the week you have to control your calorie intake no more than 500. How do you do it?

Good evening NatashaRebecca,

Thank you for your input. I was introduced to this diet by a friend of mine. I’ve managed to pay for it, so im surely not going to let that go to waste. Just wanted to hear a few ways on how to change my eating cycle, that was the main point of the post.

I completely agree with you when you say, β€œI’m not a person that will cut out any food, because I love food way too much!” I have the same problem, but i just can’t seem to stop myself from having JUST ONE MORE! πŸ™‚

What do your daily (500 Calorie intake days) meals consist of? That seems a little scary 5 days you can have anything you want and then 2 days of the week you have to control your calorie intake no more than 500. How do you do it?

jleone,

it is a little scary the first several times. I’m on my 4th week and tomorrow is my 8th fast. I’m a little scared today. What I’ve learned though, is that I’m less hungry than I think I’ll be, and I can go way longer without eating than I thought. I have learned that i’ve always been a little (or a lot) panicky when I feel even a little bit of hunger, but that when I do feel hungry it hasn’t gotten to the point where I think I might eat my own arm. I am still working on not over eating on my non fast days, but am getting better each week. So far I’ve lost 2 pounds, which is 2 pounds more than I’ve lost in the last year of working out like a maniac and restricting whole categories of food.

I’ve tried two ways of eating on fast days. The first is to have a smallish snack around 2pm (150 cals) and then a small dinner around 5 (350 cals); the second is to have nothing but tea and mineral water until 5 and have a good sized dinner of greens and protein. The second has proven very doable and actually very manageable. I have found when I have a snack earlier in the day, I’m hungrier for the rest of the day. You will have to experiment and find out what works for you. Don’t get me wrong, you will feel hungry, but, if you’re like the majority of people on this forum, you’ll find it’s manageable. Finally, if you’re super nervous about being able to make the day, allow yourself a couple of trial days, or weeks, where you try it out while giving yourself permission to have something if you just can’t make it. My guess is that you’ll be surprised at how you can and then each fast day after that will be a little easier.

One strategy that I’ve used is to rate my hunger every hour, or so, on a scale from 1-5, with 5 being eating off my arm. I find it helps to keep a perspective on my hunger. So far I have never rated over a 3 (only once on the second fast day) and it went back down after a little while.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck and trust that you are strong enough to do it. As Michael Mosely says, “it’s only one day”. You can have the snickers tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Sara

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.