UK Mommies- Let's shed the baby bumps!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
UK Mommies- Let's shed the baby bumps!

This topic contains 165 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Zopf 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 166 total)

• More information on 16:8 of anyone interested. It’s still within the same way of life as 5:2 but it’s just condensing you eating into 8 hours of the day.

Example:
    Eat evening meal on Monday at 7pm then don’t eat after your meal before bed. the next day on your Tuesday fast wait until at least 11am until you eat. So you’ve fasted for 16 straight hours. Thi means missing breakfast and using cals for a light lunch and an evening meal. Also you need to finish eating by 7pm.

It can be adapted to suit your work day or life style. Main idea is only eating your fast day cals in 8 hours of 24 hour period.

good work continue

First day today…my plan:

Breakfast – coffee
    Lunch – apple & orange
    Snacks – water/green tea
    Dinner – a yummy M&S Count on Us ready meal (cajun chicken & fettucine)

Already struggling with temptation – I am a teacher and my work is full if cakes and biscuits!!

xxxx

Right so at the weigh in on Friday I was still 10st 6 which means no loss for a few weeks and I’m annoyed!! Completely my own fault as I haven’t been as dedicated as I should be being.

I went for a long run this morn and it’s really motivated me to try for a 2 pound loss on Friday so I’m going to go all out this week!!

How have the rest of you been doing? Katie – how did your first fast week go?

Laura – how are you doing? Feeling more motivated this week? x

Hi! I lost 1.5lbs last week which was great considering I had Domino’s pizza, birthday cake and even an Indian Takeaway…

Not my usual but had a lot of birthday’s and a leaving party last week!

Also didn’t make Metafit this week either.

So day 1 fasting today got all my food prepared! I must admit the M&S count on us/Balanced for you meals are fab for fast days!!

xxx

Hello all!!!
    I have just posted on another thread and then found this one.?
    My DD was born in June, I tend to eat healthy and didn’t gain much through pregnancy though always pile on the lbs when breastfeeding? Just crave sugar and I lose control on my portion size,
    so now DD has started solids and I’m sorting myself out before it gets worse.

So 3 weeks on its become easier I have lost 4 lb (approx 14lbs left to go.)
    I fast mon and thurs and I eat healthy the rest of the week I do allow my self to indulge on a Sunday.

So far I have not noticed any difference to my milk, is anyone else still feeding?

Thanks.x

I’ve stuck for another week too Jo. Well done Katie on your loss.
    Sticking at it and hopefully will see a good result in Friday.

Welcome to Nat πŸ™‚ I hope you find out thread useful. We share our weighins on Fridays and any useful tips and thoughts. Good luck.

Have a good week everyone x

Morning everyone, hope you have all had good weeks.

So weight in this morning…. 10st 3.
    A loss of 3lbs which I’m very excited about!! Not really sure why (I had a massive pizza last night!) but I have been being very good on non fast days and done 3 runs this week. Feel good as I’ve stuck for quite a few weeks so glad the scales are moving again!

Nat…. Just read your post, I’m not feeding anymore but I think I remember seeing another post somewhere about a girl that was feeding and it was fine, didn’t affect her supply. I would imagine it’s just important to drink lots of water on fast days as you won’t be getting so much from food.
    Anyway it sounds like you are doing well already!

Laura/Katie Hope you have got a good result on the scales

Jo x

Weigh in day πŸ™‚
    A lb loss for me this week at last. Hopefully it’ll continue. I’m happy with slow and steady just got a bit frustrated with the yoyoing.

12 stone 3

Hi All,
    well done for your losses! my scales also dropped for me last week with a loss of 3lb though I had a 24 hr sickness bug so I’m hoping to maintain last weeks loss this week,
    Milk still seems fine even after being ill, I have personally found combining 5:2 and 16:8 helps to Kickstart weight loss when hitting a plateau I tried this a few times before my pregnancy.
    How do you all eat your 500? I tend to save them up and eat in one go usually in the evening so not hungry going to bed.
    Goodluck all for Friday
    Nat.x

Awlll dam!!!! I screwed up today worked so hard up till diner time then miscalculated the calories of my fish cakes ? had 2 instead of one thought it was too good to be true whilst eating them, and then to top it off (quite litterly)the large glug of olive oil on my salad sent me way over the 500 calories?
    I really am terrible at calorie counting!
    Dreading tomorrow now.
    Good luck all.
    Nats.x

Hi all

10st 2lbs today so a loss of a pound this week. Hope everyone else did ok. Nats – I’m sure I regularly go over 500! I’m rubbish at calorie counting too, I always round down instead of up, but I’m sure a few calories here or there doesn’t matter too much!!

x

P.s mini goal for me now is to get under 10st by Xmas! x

Hi ladies,

I use myfitnesspal for calorie counting. Id struggle to do it without that.

I’ve lost 2lbs this week which puts me at 12 stone 1! So happy to be nearly at the next barrier. Going to keep at it and try to be well into the 11 stones by Xmas.

I was strict this week and ate well on most of my normal days and only 400 on fast days.

Laura x

Hi Ladies,

I am not from UK sorry, but was hoping to join your lovely group as I really need some motivation and, yes, accountability with my weigh ins.

My name is Sveta and I am from Australia. My boy is almost 20 months and I am struggling to shed off my baby weight. I was at the top range of my normal weight before pregnancy and gained quite a bit after. I am now 12s6 and hoping to get to 9s5 if I manage to stick to this diet and not binge on non fast days. I generally eat healthy and try to excercise but tend to binge on yummy meals which my husband tends to cook for most of the nights. Plus red wine is a killer too, so I am seriously cutting down on it too. I found excercise problematic as I feel very tiered all the time. I think it might be not enough sleep, so that’s a big issue I need to address as well.

Sveta x

Hi Sveta

Wellcome aboard! As you will see from above we weigh in on a Friday. Are you starting this week?

I think we probably all feel your pain on the tiredness front, it makes it so hard to motivate yourself to do exercise and also makes you want to eat everything in sight (maybe that’s just me!) Good luck for the first week, hopefully the scales on Friday will get you motivated!

Jo x

Hello Ladies,

It’s Friday here already, so I guess I will be the first in with my results. Jo, thanks for your lovely welcome note. I am like you in that sense…feel totally hungry after excercise and need to have a lot of willpower to stop gulping food. It’s dry very tricky. I have ‘t found balance threre yet. Though must say I managed to go to the gym this Wednesday and was unexpectedly given a complimentary Jurlique facial treatment voucher by gym staff. Definitely feeling more motivated to go to the gym now:)

I have started my fast diet on the 16th of October with weight being 12s9 and waist measuring 104cm.

Today my weight was the same as last week 12s5 (it remained the same now for two weeks), that’s why I was reading forums in search of motivation and support. Felt very disappointed as the scale was not moving as fast as I was hoping it would. My waist however is a different story. It measures 98 cm today which is 1cm less than the week before. All in all I have significant visual improvement of my waistline. The weight loss seems to be sluggish though. I dropped two kg in the beginning but stuck on the same weight for two weeks now. Anyone experienced the same issue? From my reading the forums and articles it seems to be normal and it’s super important not to call it quits. That’s why I started measuring my waistline weekly.

Looking forward to hear all your stories and sending everyone many well being and weight loss vibes from Australia.

Xxx
    Sveta

Sveta

Morning ladies and welcome to Sveta. I can definitely identify with slow weightloss but over the long term you can still make a lot of progress.

I’ve had a lot of compliments this week after my 2lb loss last week. I think it’s starting to show in my face. That felt nice.

My husband has been away most of the week so I stayed with my parents so found it more difficult to be strict. Managed one full fast day.
    Unfortunately put 1lb on πŸ™
    12 stone 2 xx

Good morning everyone and welcome sveta,
    I haven’t long joined in either. 1.5lb loss this week for me. I’m at the tail end of weight loss only 9lb to go, I’m averaging a 1.5 lb loss a week. I tend to cook complicated meals from scratch and cook for the 6 of us so calorie counting is so difficult, I basically survive on tea and water all day maybe a small glass of kefir if I get really hungry then at around 7pm I break my fast with a normalish dinner I tend to substitute the rice for cauliflower rice and spaghetti for courgettes I find this cuts a lot of my carbs and calories down,
    I seem to be able to fast for a long period of time but as soon as food hits my mouth I find it hard to stop even when full, I also associate eastenders with chocolate lol.
    Sveta how are you doing on your day offs? Also are you drinking lots of water?
    Hang on in there, it took me a while to get the hang of fasting and I’ve plateaued so many times,
    Laura and Jo are you taking measurements aswell?
    Goodluck all for next week, the run up to Xmas begins lol.xxx
    Nat

Morning everyone. I’ve been away this week so no fast days and a serious amount of eating and drinking… It was amazing!!

Weigh in this morning 10st 3 so 1lb gained from last week which doesn’t surprise me at all. I have to say that despite really enjoying all the food and wine being on the diet has made me far more concious than I would have been before, don’t think I stuffed myself in quite the same way!

Sveta, the weight sticking but inches not is very normal, I have def stuck at the same weight for weeks but you can see my body shape has changed and as Laura says over a period of time the scales do come down eventually!

How is everyone feeling about Xmas? Looking in my diary I have lots of things coming up so I think it’s going to be harder to keep the weight loss going, too many temptations! Going to try though, off for a run now although it sounds like a hurricane is blowing outside so not sure how far I will get! x

Hi lovely ladies, I hope you are all doing great. I am honestly so thankful to find you and you keep me going in a way as I know I will need to report on how I am loosing or not losing weight every week:)

Well thanks for support Laura and Jo. As you mentioned and I happen, I definitely hit a plateau unfortunately. This week I weigh:

12s6 (was 12s5 a week before).

I haven’t done any gym work as I’ve been busy with chores arranging for christening for our ds and a party. Been eating quite a bit too and had some wine. So in a way glad I did not put a lot. I managed to have 2 diet days and then kind of pigged out during dinner on fast days. I did feel sick from overeating but could not stop myself. What to do?! Any suggestions how to NOT overeat? Thinking maybe I need to have psyllium husk drink before dinner in my fast day? To give me that feeling of fullness?

Laura, I drink a bit but not enough I think. Also I have problems with calorie counting. It’s a tricky thing. I loved the suggestion about cauliflower rice and spaghetti courgettes. Overall to be honest I am considering cutting out carbs and go easy on butter and olive oil on my non fast days completely. As I must be consuming way too many calories on my non fast days. I assume that’s why we plateu?! I have lost 13kgs in the past before I got pregnant by purely cutting out carbs for 4 months. I ate 3 carb meals a week only and it was a treat. Anyone had experience with it?

How do you guys control calorie intake on non fast days? Any suggestions on this and how not to overeat?

Xxx

Sveta

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a good week. I was 10st 1.5 on Friday so I’ve lost the pound I put on and a bit more. Have to say I’m finding it much harder to keep up the momentum now we have hit Xmas! Hard to find two days to fast, Monday’s and Tuesday’s seem to be my only days where I don’t have plans and I don’t want to fast for two days in a row as I often feel light headed the morning after a fast anyway. So doing today and if I can’t do another one this week will just put it down to Xmas and start again after Xmas!

Sveta, in terms of over eating I completely understand how you feel, I love carbs and have to try really hard not to overeat. I don’t think there is any magic formula, you just have to be really strong and think I will not eat loads on my non fast days as that just erases all the hard work of fast days. It’s hard as the whole point of this diet is that you don’t have to calorie count on non fast days but the reality is that we do really! All of us have over eaten which is how we got here so our idea of a “normal day” of eating clearly is off and so we do still need to count cals. I do use my fitness pal when I remember but also question everything in my head before I eat it and I think that makes me think more about the type and amount of food I’m eating.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings!

Jo x

Sorry for late replying. I stuck last week so 12 stone 2. This week is going ok so far.

I’m feeling similar jo now Christmas is only 10 days away it’s getting harder to be strict. I’m going to carry on this week and try to make healthier choices over festive period. It’ll probably be maintainance rather than major weight loss now until new year.

Hope you’re all well xxx

Hi all I’m averaging 1.5lb loss per week, but literally every other week I’m coming down with one illness or another, does anyone else get aches and pains the day after fasting?
    Sveta it is so hard to stop eating on a fast day lol so I save all my calories up and have 1 large meal full of lots of veg and low in carbs, I then go to bed with a full belly,
    Well I’m almost there 6lb to go, I’m gonna fast next week still around Xmas just to hopefully not gain, gonna be hard few weeks with hubby and kids at home,
    I hope you all have a lovely Christmas.xx

Hello fabulous ladies of UK!
    Jo and Nat thanks for moral support. I am taking it all in and this week:

12s4

I was questioning all I ate on non fast days and did not overeat on fast days. Plus I am kind of doing this non-carb thing (though I had a treat meal of beautiful handmade ravioli with ricotta and spinach tonight). Just a treat! I am noticing the weight is magically falling off quicker with less carbs. There is definately something in it. I realise it’s not sustainable long term but for quicker weight loss result it might be not that bad, providing of course I don’t eat crispy cream doughnuts every day on my non fast days after I reach my goal weight! Ha ha ha
    Well next time I report, it will be after Xmas. So I am wishing you Merry Xmas and to be good so that Santa brings you a nice gift:)
    I will try to be good despite all temptations:) I must admit it’s a little bit easier here in Asutralia, as Xmas weather is very hot and we tend to have cold prawns, cold ham, salads and fruit for Xmas lunch. But my Pavlova is a calory bomb of course:( And Xmas pudding with custard and bandy sauce is a killer too. But once a year we can eat it all I think! (Wink wink)

Xxx
    Sveta

Evening all.

10st exactly today which im really happy about, feel like that is a good point to be at just before Xmas! Going to try to fast on Monday next week but think that will be the only day I am able to do. Not going to stress about it though, will enjoy Xmas… Just hopefully not too much!!

Hope you all have a lovely time, good luck if you are planning to carry on fasting next week, and if not just enjoy the time off!! Well done for all the weight got rid of in 2015… Let’s continue in 2016! x

Lost a lb this week so back to my lowest weight of 12 stone 1. Happy with my year of weight loss. I’ve lost over two stone and got to pre pregnancy weight and then loss some more. Going to try and fast Monday and Tuesday but then enjoy christmas and new year without going mad.

Speak to you ladies in the new year. Relax, enjoy and be merry πŸ™‚

Hi guys!

I know your all half way through your weight loss and having a break over Xmas but I was thinking of making 5:2 a part of my new years resolution! So I was hoping I could join you little group in the new year for some hints and tips?

I’m 25 and my daughter turned 3 in Oct and I have been struggling with a yo yo weight for a long time now. Last year I did slimfast/ tesco ultra slim and loSt 2 stone but I failed over Xmas and now am back up to 13st 4 lbs. I really want to go back down to my size 10/12 figure as I’m maid of honour at my sisters wedding in Sept and I feel this is my last hope.

Hoping I can join in the support ladies.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and new year!

Hi all and welcome catrin080990 (sorry not sure of your name) but I hope you find 5:2 works for you and that you reach your goals before your sisters wedding. I also hope you all enjoyed Xmas and wish you all the luck for 2016.
    The last I looked I had gained a lb I completely did not follow my plan to fast over the Xmas period lol, actually I find fasting whilst my kids are on there school holidays impossible!
    I may have also accidentally became addicted to chocolate again after nightly raiding the kids confiscated selection boxes,whoops!
    Oh well at least the kids are healthyπŸ™Š
    Back on it tomorrow I know it’s gonna be a hard one 😁
    Nat’s X

Hi ladies,

Hope you’ve all enjoyed the holidays. I certainly did with a 18month running around!

Managed to do one fast before Christmas then ate and drank as I pleased. Today is my first day back on track and my first fast day. I only normally weigh myself once a week on a Friday but I wanted to know the damage from christmas so on Friday I’ll see if I’ve lost this week.
    Weigh in today 12 stone 5 which means plus 4lb over christmas. Not great but I’m back on it now and we all deserve to relax at Christmas!
    I’m fasting today and Wednesday and maybe thursday too. Going to have a really strict week then back to normal plan next week.
    Weigh in friday xx

Happy new year all, hope you all had a good Xmas.

Today was my first fast day too, actually really enjoyed it, I think my body needed a break from the huge amount of food and booze I’ve managed to consume in the last few weeks! i also weighed in this morning to see what the damage was… 10st 3lbs… So 3lbs on, could be worse, could be better!!

Anyway back to it this week, today and Wednesday. Let’s hope we can all get rid of those Xmas pounds!

Hello everyone, I’m just starting the Fast Diet after having my 2nd baby. He’s 14 months old now. I lost weight with 5:2 after my first so I’m really looking forward to it working this time too, but I wanted to hook up with some people in the same boat. Today is my first day and I’m doing well so far.

Hello to catrin080990 and corrected shoe. If you’re happy to share your real first names it gives the group a friendlier feel but no pressure just me being old fashioned. Welcome to our little group thread. I set up this thread last year and we try to log our weight and our loss every Friday. It’s a great motivation as you feel accountable to group. We also share ideas, worries and questions.

Good luck for the new year everyone. I’ve done two fasts so far this week and I’m considering doing tomorrow as well to hopefully have a good loss.

Speak on Friday, Laura x

Thanks for the welcome, Laura. My first name is Nicole. I had my first fast on Tuesday and I think I did pretty well. My next fast will be tomorrow so I doubt there will be any progress to report at your weekly weight in! I’ll post my starting weight on here now and then leave it until next week to post any progress. I’m starting at 14 stone 2 and would like to lose at least 2 stone to get back to where I’m comfortable (and fit into my pre-baby clothes!). Looking forward to being a part of this group.

Friday weigh in. First official post christmas:)

I’m so glad I weighed myself on Monday so I knew how much I’d put on over Christmas and now I feel better as I’ve lost 3 lbs of the 4lbs I put on over the hols really pleased.

Hope your first week back has gone well everyone.

Current weight 12 stone 2
    Loss 3lbs

Well done Laura! Good start to the year! I stupidly forgot to weigh myself this morning, only remembered post breakfast etc so will weigh myself tomorrow morning as soon as I get up as usual.. Hopefully will have lost something!

Jo

Hi everyone my name is Mary I find your group very inspiring – please can I join? I am giving the 5:2 a second try – 1st time round I lost 12lb and felt really positive then my youngest went through months of not sleeping well and I went back to old eating habits as comfort. My children are now 3.5 and 21 months and I feel inspired by reading your posts and your helpful hints to each other to make it work long term this time. My husband did it with me last time and lost more weight faster than me but found it very hard as he cycles a lot and loves large portions so although he is supportive he won’t be doing it with me now. I am 5’5 and 13st12lb which is the heaviest I have been despite always being on the rounded side of life I now feel uncomfortable with my weight and my obese bmi.
    I hope you all had a good new year πŸ˜€

Morning everyone and welcome Mary! I’m also on my second round of 5:2 after having my second baby and have found it fairly easy to get back into it so I’m sure you will be as successful as last time!

Saying that I completely failed on my fast day yesterday! Ended up having a take away pizza last night. My husband got home and I said we were having salmon stir fry and he looked un impressed and said lets have a pizza…. I didn’t argue! Annoyed with myself as I had done well all day. Oh well, next week I shall be better.

Weight today is 10st exactly so a 3lb loss in the last two weeks as I forgot to weigh in last week.

Jo

Thank you Jo! I messed up my first fast day back as had incredibly busy day at work and ended up eating biscuits for extra energy – will make sure I have a banana handy in future! 2nd day went well though and have lost 3lb this week so not a bad start.
    Mary

Hi everyone, excited to do my first official weigh-in on this forum. I’m 13stone2 today so have lost 4lbs this week. It’s been really motivating knowing I have this group to post my weigh-in to, so thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Hi ladies.

Welcome to Mary. I was a similar weight when I started 5:2 in April and I can relate to your feelings. It’s important to feel confident and good about yourself. Ive managed to lose my pregnancy weight over a year with this method. Stay strong and you will feel better for it.

Well done Nicole’s- fab start. Well done jo- 3lbs in two weeks is great and don’t worry we all give in to pizza occasionally:)

Ive lost a 1lb this week so have got back to my pre christmas weight so ready to keep making progress.
    Current weight 12 stone 1.

Hi ladies,

I’ve just discovered the 5:2 diet this week and now this lovely support thread. Hope it’s not too late to join you all. I have a 22 month old daughter and I’m home with her full time. I am 5,5 and weigh 10 stone as of today. Pre pregnancy I was 9 stone and really happy with that. Now I feel constantly uncomfortable and I only fit into my maternity jeans at the moment. I would love to rediscover my old wardrobe! My first fast day will be on Monday and I’ll be trying to stick to Monday’s and Thursday’s. Any tips on not finishing my little ones fish fingers that she doesn’t eat would be greatly appreciated!
    Clair

Hi Clair and welcome. Good luck for your first week.

Friday weigh in ladies. Ive stayed put this week so still 12 stone 1. It’s my mission to get into the 11s in the next week!

Hope everyone has had a good week.
    Laura xx

Morning everyone, hi Clair, welcome to the group. Your bit about the fish fingers made me laugh as I ALWAYS pick at my little ones left overs… Don’t know why they taste so good, so much better than your own fish fingers! Good luck for next week.

Laura- you can absolutely make it to the 11’s next week!

I’m 9st 12 this week so a loss of 2lbs which I’m pretty chuffed with.

How is everyone else on the thread getting on??

Jo x

Hi everyone,

I know what you mean about eating kids leftovers Clair my son eats everything in sight but my daughter often leaves tasty morsels that just can’t go to waste! Both fast days went well this week but then undid all the good with a Chinese (could blame the husband for suggesting it but I went and picked it up!) only 1lb loss this week so 13st8lb now.

Mary x

Well done Mary and jo on your losses

Keep it up ladies! We’re all doing well and hopefully feeling better for it πŸ™‚

Have a good week everyone xx

I’ve completed my first fast day. It wasn’t too bad. The hardest part was preparing all of my daughters meals and not picking. I almost forgot a few times and nearly ate! I was super hungry by the time evening came around (I’m saving my calories for one evening meal) but it was manageable. I’m torn between being excited about checking the scales on Friday, but dreading it too!

Well done on all your losses ladies. Fingers crossed I’ll be joining your losers club soon! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Hi everyone, hope you have all had good weeks.

Weight today 9st 12 so no loss this week, but no gain so that’s positive!

The weather has really messed with my mind this week! Have really been craving sugar again which I haven’t really since I started the 5:2 again. Anyway I caved and ate a bag of cookies in one day and then felt dreadful the next day, lesson learnt… Sugar is not my friend!!

Hope you have all had a successful week x

Hiya
    I know how you feel Jo sometimes I feel like nothing more than a hot chocolate (a proper one not low calorie) with cream and marshmallows but then feel sick for hours after! The cold weather just makes you want to stuff yourself then hibernate.
    I did ok this week 2lb off but still think I could do more on non fasting days.
    Hope everyone had a good week,
    Mary x

Hi all,

Well done Jo on not gaining anything this week!

I’ve weighed in at 9st 11 this morning so a 3 pound loss for my first on the diet. I’m very pleased. πŸ˜„ Although my husband has brought pizza home tonight. What’s a girl to do?? 😜

Good luck everyone else with your results.
    Clairxx

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply.