Type 2 Diabetes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I started this diet principally because I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and put on Metformin. Neither the drug nor the disease appealed to me and after seeing Michael’s Horizon I thought I’d give fasting a go. Initially I did a 4 week low calorie ( about 850 a day ) diet and then moved onto the 5:2.

The results were so startling that my GP thought I must have failed to fast properly before my initial fasting blood test. ( But I had! )

I have been on the 5:2 for about 5 months now.

2 weeks ago my fasting blood sugar test shows I have dropped from about 7.5 down to 3.5. My GP has taken me off Metformin and I am no longer diagnosed diabetic!

I have also lost 3 stone since March and about 5 -6″ off my waist and had to throw out 4 large sacks of clothes that are now way too big. My general health has improved markedly. My life long asthma has improved so much that my drug intake is cut by 75%.

I’m on this for life. I firmly believe fasting allows your body to repair itself.

If you want a quick weight loss diet, you’re barking up the wrong tree. It doesn’t exist.

5:2 does work and it’s changing my life.

Thanks for the programme and book guys.

Bob, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your improved health. I have to say you will be an inspiration to some posters so be prepared for other supportive posts.
    Good luck with the rest of your life and health.

Hi Bob, congratulations on the amazing results! Your story makes me look forward to my fast tomorrow. Best wishes to you for a continuing good health.

bob

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

WOW

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r the success in the reversal of this disease!!!!!!!!!!

u should b part & please share w/ us on this post below

the when where what how long how many cals foods menus? etc

etc on ur great journey

please i welcome constructive criticism on my type2diab
    journey & w/ all

there r 4 pgs on this post it would b nice 2 combine under 1 thread so we don’t get lost in the shuffle

reversing type 2 diabetes & the fastday lifestyle

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/reversing-type-2-diabetes-the-fastday-lifestyle/page/4/#post-13907

again u must b so so proud

wishing u continued success!!!!!!!!

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀

oops 4got

u may call me usa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.