Two months on 5:2

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  2-Big Al 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I have been doing 5:2 for two months now and have lost 11 pounds in weight and an inch off my waist and neck. The biggest change I have found is that I am eating a far healthier diet and I have never eaten so much fruit and veg. Also found that I have realised how much I used to eat out of habit. I would eat lunch because it was lunchtime but not because I was hungry. Now I’m more inclined to only eat when I really need it and it’s usually fruit rather than sandwiches from the cafĂ©.
    I would have liked a bit more to have come off my waist but it seems to have dropped off my face first as I’m definitely thinner around the chins and cheeks.

Well done. I doubt that you have lost 11lbs off your face though. Try measuring yourself and then you will have an idea from where it is dropping off. Well worth the effort. I am maintaining now. Have been for 18 months.

Well done Big Al, and well done on the weight loss. I too find that I seem to want better foods on the non fast days. Long may that continue!

thanks for the positive comments. Eghamhigh you’re right it can’t be 11 lbs off the face only. I have had to make another hole in my belt but it seems more noticeable around the face. Onwards and upwards, I’m sticking with this from now on, I don’t seem to be able to eat as much as I used to and that’s got to be a good thing.

Hi Big Al
    Well done, Ive been doing it a couple of months and am averaging a lb a week which doesnt sound much but if its a lb of fat it is!
    I only weigh myself once a month,same scales same time,Ive noticed some of the neurotics seem to weigh themselves all the time which seems mad if youre only losing a lb a week!
    Ive noticed I feel the cold more on a starving day so its probably easier if youre in Australia!
    To my surprise Ive found I can do a reasonable amount of exercise, 2 mile jog, without fainting or worse! on a starving day.
    If youre old and grossly overweight like I am dont give up on exercise, i couldnt jog 2 lamposts,100 yds when I started but within 3 months could do 2 miles But dont jog downhill or it ****s up the knees!

Hi Grrr, I’m old and grossly overweight and have been doing more walking. I’ve also noticed feeling cold on fast days. I’m in UK so when it’s been a cold day and I’ve been fasting I just stayed indoors. Well done on the running, afraid it’s too late for my knee as that is knackered.
    I might switch to a fortnightly weigh in, I do every week at the moment and it’s a bit discouraging when you don’t lose anything.

Typical I mention I feel the cold on starving days and today I get hot sweats!
    Im also more ratty/grumpy

Weighed myself today, I’ve lost a stone by doing 5:2 and I don’t feel like I’ve been on a diet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.