Total Newbie!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi, just joined the site, going to do my first fast day on Tuesday so just thought I’d introduce myself!

Hello, I am also newbie and I am glad I am not only one whos just starting.

Have you done any slimming previously? I’ve been to slimming world and managed to lose over 3 stone but with going back to ‘normal’ eating its started to creep back on! Hope this will work out better for me as only doing 2 fast days will suit my lifestyle better.

Many of us here have experienced repeated failed diets. They don’t work because, once we lost the weight, we returned to what you call ‘normal eating’. 5:2 is a way of eating for life. We have to learn to eat for the weight we want to be. With 5:2, we’re not deprived yet, over time, fasting shapes our food preferences and portion control. Before you do anything, I highly recommend reading Dr M.’s ‘East, Fast, Live Longer’ book. Good luck!

I never been on diet more than week but few years ago I lost 15 kg because I just lost appetite. When I look back I realize I was fasting unintentionally by eating very small amount of food few days of week. It was spontanious. I ate everything but I had phases when I would eat barely nothing for few days and after that I would eat normal. I wasn’t dieting but I lost 15 kg in one year. My health was perfect. I stopped having seasonal allergies for few years, tonsilitis went away, didn’t have flu. Until I gained back 10 kg and now I am again sick every month or two.

thinatlast is correct: Fasting is not a temporary diet, it is a Lifestyle. Embrace it for life and the weight will stay off.
    graciamona, that’s amazing about your health as a result of unintentional fasting. Can’t says that has happened to me, but I’m generally pretty healthy anyway.
    donnam, sure hope this works for you, too. Yes it is wonderful not to have to diet 5 days a week. That’s what appealed to my husband who lost 40 pounds. But it pays to eat in moderation the other days for best results.

Fast Day today for us: Smoked Salmon/Leek Baked Eggs for breakfast and Thai Butternut Squash Soup for dinner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.