This is my last hope

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GoPackGo 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi Everyone, I have always been on the curvier side but I have completely lost control of lots of things lately due to excessive stress at work. Eating has been all over the place, lots of take always and less home cooking, lots of drinking to alleviate the stress (which only makes it worse and make you fat) I have an interview on Tuesday and can’t get into my lovely designer suit anymore and whilst trying it on, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was utterly horrified. It sent me into a deep depression. I looked like my mum and she has recently had a heart attack and been diagnosed with diabetes. I must do something to regain control. So I am going to tell you lovely people my true measurements (I NEVER tell anyone this usually) in the hope it will help me to keep on track and see the benefits. Here goes; I am 5’3, weigh 16 stone and 8 lbs. Gulp. Let’s see how we do. 🤞🏼

Hi Zowie

I’ve only just begun the 5:2 journey myself so I’m no expert!

I think you’ve already overcome the hardest part which is admitting you’re unhappy with your weight and preparing to do something about it.

I’ve read loads of posts on here and found them helpful and inspirational.

Join one of the main threads for support.

Good luck

Dolly x

Hi and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thank you Dolly. I have done my first FD today and it was fine. How have you found it? I am determined to do this and make it routine. Do you eat little and often? I skipped breakfast, had a cup of miso at lunch time and made tuna steak with lots of veg. I’m thinking of doing the same tomorrow too.
    Thank you simcoluv. I shall check out the thread now. It’s always good to read how others cope.
    Feeling positive
    Zowie

Hi there Zowie –

Welcome! I’m hoping that you’ll join (if you haven’t already), the April challenge. The daily comments, tips, successes, fails, and inspiring words really help as you get going on this way of life.

I only started myself about 17 days ago. But in those 17 days, I’ve lost 13/14 pounds. And that was not by any means being perfect. I had a night of lots of drinking; fast food once; ate 3 Reese’s peanut butter eggs over 2 days, etc. BUT …. if you are consistent with your fasts, and eat clean and healthy the majority of the time, this WILL work for you. For myself, at the end of January I found myself at 5’5′ and weighing 200.4 pounds. Like you trying on your suit, it was one of those utterly depressing, smack-you-in-the-face moments. My God, I weighed more than my mother. I lost ten pounds, put 5 back on … and then decided to try this. And I LOVE it.
    I think when you have a lot to lose, initially, a lot will come off, as was the case with me. You have a lot of stores for your body to attack! And that rapid weight loss is such an amazing kick-start and exactly what you need.

Congrats on your first successful fast day – hopefully the first of many. I hope to see you in the April challenge and let’s make April an amazing month for both of us!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.