thighs buns weightloss

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tina321 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi ladies I was wondering am I the only one with this problem. I started the 4’3 diet end of August. My weight then was 75kg I’m happy to say I’m 67 kg now.
    My quiery is I’m not loosing weight from my hips and thighs. I want to loose another 10kg to reach my bmi goal. I’m only 1’52 cm tall. Does any one else going through what I am..appreciate your feed back.

Hi Tina. You’ve done so well with your weight loss. Well done. From experience that’s the last place I ever lose the weight from. Unfortunately it seems we can’t spot reduce. I think it’s just a question of keeping at it. Another 10kg is a lot of weight and you’re bound to shift some from these areas eventually. Are you exercising too? That would speed the process up. Good luck.

Hi Ali, I go to the gym 3x weeks and I do spinning once week and 2 x body shape. Along the way picked up muscle injury in my right shoulder which stopping to do my upper body workouts. I see slot difference round the stomach area.. but not round my thighs.. are you going through this ?

Hi Tina. I’ve always carried more weight on my hips and thighs. Even when I’ve lost considerable amounts of weight in the past, I end up being a smaller version of the larger me! I think it’s down to genetics. I only have to look at my mum and sister to see this. They are cursed with the same shape. I guess the answer would be to keep fasting and exercising until you achieve the hips and thighs of your dreams. But in my case this would have a dreadful impact on my face and chest. I’d end up looking like a witch with a skinny pointy face and bony chest. For me it’s a question of balance. I’ve come to accept that I’ll never have supermodel thighs and that there’s nothing more ageing than a skinny face! But as long as I can fit into my size 12 jeans, I’ll accept the fact I’ll never have spaghetti legs!

Hi all
    I had been thinking of starting a topic on the same issue!
    Agree that genetics play a big part with our body shape, and I guess we should be grateful that our excess is around hips and thighs and not our waists…???
    I have done a little research on this, and so far all I have found are exercises that tighten thigh muscles and the glutes. But not sure if that will help with the large amount of fat deposits on top of them (I feel that 80% of my body fat is on my thighs). 🙁
    (Also I can’t do any of these exercises at the moment as I am recovering from a knee reconstruction and none of them are suitable.)
    So it probably is just a question of acceptance, and choosing clothes that accentuate all our good features 😀
    But if anyone else has some tips, I would be glad to hear them 🙂
    Cheers
    Sassy
    PS Suggestions, other than exercise or surgery or long sleeves, for bat wings would also be great, but I fear that the story will be the same!

Oh dear, it seems that we are never going to be happy with what we have. I have the opposite problem! I have only just started 5:2 but am always watching my weight. For me the first place it comes off is the butt and thighs but it takes so much longer to shift from the waist… even in the first week of fasting I’ve seen nearly 2cm disappear from the hip measurement but nothing at all from the waist.

Good luck with it and I hope the next 10kg all comes off your butt for you 🙂

@kimg
    ” it seems that we are never going to be happy with what we have. ”

It’s often occurred to me that men can hide excess weight with clothes much more easily than women can.

May not seem fair.

It just may be that the bigger the size of the man, the more presence is commanded.

As a man, I feel that I can model better behaviors in eating and fasting.

Firstly Well done..

I’ve found the pattern of weight loss has changed (at least for me) over the past 4 months…

First few weeks I lost several inches from my waist.. then that stopped until about a week ago .. betweeen this I lost it from all over the place… I’ve now stopped loosing it (I think) from other places (upper arms, back, thighs etc).. keep going am sure it will go but expect you may be loosing it from other places first.

will think about it, because is not my problem now, but used to be.

Thanks ladies for the feed back, I too lost a lot weight from stomach area..I see difference on my face and arms to, I’ve lost round 2 cm from hips where’s I lost 6cm from waist. Just wished hips and legs was better result to. I’m patient and I know if continue with my 5′ 2 and stick to 1200 cal to 1500 cal I will achieve my goals. Ladies good luck and stay in touch. I will report back on my results in months time. X

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.