The other 5 days

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stratford fitness 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Six weeks ago I cut out all the rubbish from my diet, reduced my wine intake to just once a week, and I have just completed my third fast day on Saturday. I have found that I am just not that hungry on the non fast days. This goes against the theory of 5:2 and I am worried that my metabolism will be affected. My appetite has completely changed which is great, but, like I say it is a bit worrying. Tonight I am having a light meal and a hot chocolate just for the sake of eating. Today I had one banana, and handful of sugar snap peas and a teeny teeny bit of spaghetti with olives and tomaotes. It is such a small amount of food! On the good side, I can see a difference in my waistline which is great. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

sadly not ! I still feel hungry even on non-fast days and am still loving food. hence the reason that no other diet has ever worked for me, I just love cooking and eating !!

but I am more aware of what I eat, and try to be good even on non-fast days. although it is difficult when cooking substantial meals for my very hungry 11 year old son….

however, I have cut out the wine completely which is a massive step for me, and oddly I don’t miss it at all, scarcely give it a second thought whereas before I was walking in the door from work and pouring myself a glass….

I fast every day now (just change the amount of calories I have on 5 or 2 days respectively) so I’m well used to pushing through hunger pangs & I’m sure I could probably not eat at all if I wanted to any day now, as I’ve very rarely actually felt ‘real’ hunger for the past several months.

I never do eat absolutely nothing though because although I may not necessarily ‘need’ to eat because of hunger pangs, I still WANT to eat because I enjoy food and I know that once I have something on a non-fastday I WILL want more than just a little snack, so I never have much trouble reaching 1500-1800 worth of calories in 1 or 2 smaller meals late in the day.

I don’t know if this is good or bad but it works for me and I know that I am consciously in control of fueling myself, rather than just eating because I get one little tummy rumble and can’t handle it.

A colleague of mine regularly does (and actually is doing at the moment) 10 day fasts, 3 or 4 times a year. A year ago, before I got into this lifestyle I might have thought that rediculously extreme and impossible for myself. Now, I think it sounds like a great detox of mind body & soul (which is why she does it) and could imagine working up to that myself if I decided to but at the moment I just don’t want to and the 5:2 is giving me everything I really need health-wise, so I don’t feel the need. Hunger really is a state of mind most of the time for me now and I love having control of the fueling situation.

@tomtommum
    ” still feel hungry even on non-fast days and am still loving food. hence the reason that no other diet has ever worked for me, I just love cooking and eating !!”

There is much emotion attached to food, such as love.

Perhaps it’s a different definition for me.

Eating is feeding.

Food is fuel.

I do enjoy eating when in the company of others. I now realize that it’s an emotional need that I’m satisfying at that moment. Many times when alone, I will go to a restaurant to eat just to be around people and to greet the staff as friends. Sometimes, I’m not totally hungry when I do this.

I want to take the emotions out of food when I’m alone, so that I can save those emotions when I’m with others.

I’m experimenting with this attitude still.

Hey thanks for all your responses. It’s amazing that everyone has their own different reaction to fasting. I have been feeling pretty motivated but this morning….and I was just about to say something negative, but I’m not going to!!

Here’s a great article on Intermittent fasting 🙂

http://stratforduponavonfitness.co.uk/intermittent-fasting/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.