The First 3 months

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dimples0523 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Today is exactly 3 months since I started 5:2 and the results are incredibly satisfying. I’m now 197.5 lbs, down 20 lbs and BMI of 32.0, down from 35.6. More enjoyably, I feel great! I was with my family for my dad’s 81st birthday this past weekend and they all said I looked great. I smiled and am smiling now. All this for 2 days of calorie restriction. You’d of thought! My goal is 155 lbs and now I firmly believe I will be that in the future. Wow 155…what will that feel like? The best is yet to come!

Hi Tim, your story really struck a chord with me. In the spring I was wondering if I could ever lose 10 lbs, but short of catching some nasty, long-lasting stomach bug I didn’t see how that was going to happen.
    Now I’ve lost 22 lbs and I also firmly believe that I can decide how much I should weigh and I can achieve it – and as you said “All this for 2 days of calorie restriction”. I think another 12 lbs will be enough, but I’ll see when I get there. What will it feel like? We’ll find out! Good luck to all of us.

It’s the best diet or way of life, I have ever been on.

So easy….. two days to restrict what you eat, and don’t over indulge the other days, a few treats, a few wines, a piece of cake, what you fancy, carefully over the other days.

My treat tonight….fish and chips….lovely

Hello Symba, I started the FD on 07/10/2013 have decided to try my best with 4:3 do you find fast days easy or difficult? am 5ft 8in and 85 kilo,really want this to work and become a way of life.

Hello,

I have tried the FD twice but struggled as, usually around 2.30-3.00 pm I start to feel very naseous, shaky, sweaty and dizzy with blurred vision. I have always suffered these symptoms to some extent if I leave large gaps between meals. On a visit to my GP I mentioned my symptoms and also that I was trying the FD. She expressed concern regarding my symptoms and suggested that the FD diet may not be suitable for me and I should try the GI diet instead. She has also sent me off for a fasting blood glucose test to rule out diabetes. Feeling a bit gutted as I really want to try the FD diet again. Wondering if I can go on it if I do have type 2 diabetes.

Tim, I started on July 8 too. I agree with the comments about how easy it is. I don’t follow the exact rules but the results are breathtaking. I’m fitting into clothes I’ve not worn in years. I’ve now upped my goal to reach what I weighed decades ago at 30 yrs. I eat low carbs on all days as calorie counting has never worked as well for me. Am not weighing myself because daily fluctuations have messed with my head in the past. Planning to get on the scales in December. I don’t even measure regularly, relying on clothes as proof. However I did lose 12 cm (5 inches) from my waist in 12 weeks, which is extraordinary.

Sooze, good luck with your tests. Today I received an interesting YouTube link, which you might find helpful. It features a Swedish doctor interviewing an American doctor who reversed his own diabetes with low carb eating. I subscribe to Diet Doctor, the Swedish doctor’s newsletter – he’s all about the benefits of Low Carb High Fat (LCHF).

It is so interesting that even now the medicos are not being taught about carbs. As they say, there’s no monetary gain for the pharma industry and so many company groups with vested interests in marketing carbohydrates. I find this information coming from doctors very encouraging.
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-cure-type-2-diabetes-2

Heather

Hi Davidb17,

I have been doing the 5.2 since the end of July with my husband. I have managed 14 lbs and husband I think about 17 lb. We find the fast days quite easy, sometimes a bit hungry in middle of day but usually have some more water. We usually try and keep busy or go out as we are retired then can’t be tempted to eat food. I must say we never ever eat anything other than the 500/600 calories allowed.

Our daughter is on the diet she started after seeing our weight loss, she is sometimes naughty eating a bit of chocolate or birthday cake at work, on a fast day but she is swimming and losing weight, she is nearly at her first stone but has more to loose than us. So it is working for her she knows she will have to get stricter if the weight stops moving. Again she says it’s the best diet ever. It works in her lifestyle.

Good luck David.

FastinginBerlin, Yes the what will it feel like is something that I look forward to. It’s been too long since I was at my goal weight and it’s hard to remember what it felt like. Of course with age comes wisdom and experience so the feelings will not be the same as all those years ago.

Symba7, How were the fish and chips?

Soozemack, Let us know of your results if you want to. It seem here is an enthusiastic group of motivated people who are more than willing to support our fellow “Fasters” through thick and thin, no pun intended.

Heather, I too am not strict on the rules but for a few, like 2 non-consecutive days, and no fasting on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I do weight myself often with the idea that the numbers are just numbers. I will not focus on them as they are a snapshot just like a picture. They can never tell the whole story.

Best of luck everyone. Today is my fast day with the Friday Feast day within sight. I call it a Feast Day because there is celebration to be had. Everyday is a special occasion….well maybe not everyday, but most. Perhaps I’ll break out the Lenox and Waterford tomorrow…

Be well,
    Tim

Yes Tim,

The fish and chips and bread were very lovely, not forgetting one glass of red wine but after tomorrow’s weigh in I may feel different! or not…..they was worth it.

As we say we won’t beat ourselves up, push on for another day, it’s a new way of life…..

I love reading all the stories everyone posts. Been on this diet since the end of August, wish I started before I waited to read the book. So far down only 6 pounds but very optimistic and it is very easy for me to stay with it. First few days I felt lightheaded but that stopped. My husband started it and did it for a few weeks but found it too hard. I feel my clothes fitting differently already. I told my dr about it but she knew nothing about it and didn’t promote me doing it. Hopefully when I see her again in a few months and after a blood test, the results will prove it to her! I don’t fast two days in a row and never on weekends. I was drinking Propel (which had nutrients and no calories) during the day til I noticed how much sodium was in there and have since cut back.

I can’t thank Dr. Mosley enough for helping us all!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.