The 45 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 45 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

This topic contains 152 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Chocolatier 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 153 total)

• very usefull post thak you.
    Unlike other diet program, the 3 week diet does not require detox or liquid diet. It involves using real foods that not only taste great but also help losing weight. There are no detox juices, special teas or diet shakes required in the program. http://3-weekdiett.blogspot.com/

I did it!!! I lost two pounds on my first week of the fast and wasn’t totally miserable. I am sure some of that is water and I didn’t lose any inches on my waist, but it looks like my arms have more definition. So, that is hugely inspirational. This week has lots of social time, so will need to be super diligent about being mindful. I am going to get back to my work out routine as well this week. I worked out a little less last week to conserve energy.💪🏻

Fantastic job Dill! So great to have a nice loss to keep you motivated. The inches will come off too given a bit of time. Keep up the great work, it is harder when you have more social things on, but that’s the great thing about this WOL is that you can swap days and be mindful other days without having to miss out completely. You can do this.

I’m fasting today. I’m aiming for a water or liquid only fast, but if I can’t make it will just go back to my normal fd allowance. I really want to do it though.
    Really enjoying the feeling of having lost weight the last couple of weeks. Clothes are sitting better, not feeling bloated. I really want to keep this up and I will!
    Good luck everyone this week.

Thank you! Good luck to you! Hang tough. 😉

Fasting today.Looking forward to it as over indulging at the weekend.Having a skinny breakfast at lunchtime.Linda McCartney vegetarian sausage vine tomatoes 1 portobello mushroom and a poached egg.282 calories
    For my evening meal white crab meat cantaloupe melon chilli rocket coriander and mint fresh root ginger and lime juice 173 calories.
    Will do btb fast this week.
    Good luck everyone.

Good luck everyone who is fasting today.
    My Friday morning weight, a bit up after night out in London is the same today so no weekend extra weekend weight gain which gives me a head start for the week. So, off again !
    Chocolatier, what a fab sounding menu…Lou Belles, good luck you sound so determined !
    Fogot my tape measure today so I could get work mate to measure me..but will.

Happy Monday everyone !

Happy Monday from me too.

Fast day for me, which is extra good after a slightly extravagant weekend. Started the day with a short run into work and am planning to run home too. Water and black coffee only for me today (though your menu plan sounds lovely, Chocolatier). Feeling positive and happy. Found myself looking forward to today’s fast!

Good luck everyone!

Hi guys! Okay so here’s what happened. Last week I went down to 62.8 KG and was so happy but now, as my exams are coming nearer and my stress levels are increasing I couldn’t do my weekend fasts last week and have been binging. I have some exams next week and some really important ones about a month and a half from now and I have no idea what I’ll do and I’m officially freaking out! I really wanted to be below 60 by the end of this round but I don’t even know what I’ll do anymore!! 🙁

Hi Ais, you poor thing. You sound really stressed. It is really hard when you are under a lot of pressure. Don’t be too hard on yourself right now. You have been doing a great job losing. Congrats on the 62.8! You have got to look at what you can do? If you can’t do the 5:2 like you normally do what can you do? Can you do different days or even one day? Can you just give yourself a break and come back into it after the stress has calmed down? You have exams in a week or so then a few weeks before the next lot. Can you get back into it after these first exams? You do what you feel you can. Just know that many people here understand. And although you have your goal for this round, it’s not a quick fix and you can still be working towards it if it takes a bit longer.
    Anyway just know that we are here to support you. Good luck.

I hope everyone fasting today is going well? Chocolatier your menu for the day does sound delicious. I hope you enjoy it. Yum! Good luck Dill, SP13 and Emm. SP13 do you always fast without any food? Maybe you have already said that, but just interested in what works best for different people. I’m about to go to bed and have stuck just to water today, even though my 11 year old made brownies, and the two hours around dinner I spent thinking about what I want to eat tomorrow! Though I’m not thinking like that now. Just feeling a bit chuffed with myself that I have done it, and hoping for some pleasant side effects tomorrow on the scale!
    Well, good luck and good night, or good day for all of you. 😉

Hi Lou Belles

I find that water fasting (or black coffee fasting!) works best for me. If I start to eat, then I find that I am hungry the rest of the day no matter what I eat. Much better that I eat nothing. Plus I always think to myself that if the worst comes to the worst, I have enough calories to eat a little dinner in the evening if I can’t manage. I have only ever done that once – just the thought that I can if I need to is enough for me.

well done with your fast day, Lou Belles. I’m impressed by your steadfastness in the face of home made brownies.

AisS94 – don’t panic. Do what you can and accept that this is a difficult time right now. Beating yourself up about days you haven’t fasted won’t help. Tomorrow is another day. Your education is the important focus. Good luck.

Almost the day done and hoping for results tomorrow, ‘courgette surprise’ with Slim Noodles, whizzed up veggies, cooked in tomato passata, some spices not bad and a BIG plate of food. Well done everyone who fasted today..enjoy reading your posts.

Well done Emm, and everyone who fasted yesterday, or maybe it’s still today for some of you.
    SP13 thanks for telling me about what you do. I think I’m a convert! I went to bed not feeling hungry, I only had water the whole day but 3.5 litres. I woke up feeling great and still not hungry! I only ate about 45 minutes ago which made it just shy of 40 hours. My favorite part though was standing on the scale this morning and seeing 68.5 kgs!! So happy to be moving and that’s a 600gm loss since Saturday. I’m sure it will go up a bit but to get such a lovely new low is just fantastic. Normally my first fast of the week just seems to bring me back to where I was after my last fast, so really thrilled.
    Those of you who are struggling, just keep going, I was on that plateau for over 6 weeks despite 3 fasts a week. Not moving and feeling really frustrated, but now I am moving and finally meeting the goals I originally made. If I had of given up I certainly wouldn’t be here now, still with a bit to go, but almost halfway now, and I know that I can so it! And so can each of you. 😃

Well done Lou only water all day!Amazing.Perhaps I should try it.
    Struggled yesterday as had a headache that wouldn’t go away .Took a pill in the end.Thankfully no headache today.
    Lost 3 pounds on the scales so definitely fasting today too.
    Pilates class today which I love.
    Everyone’s doing great.Emm the courgette surprise sounds good.i need to get one of those gadgets that make veg into spaghetti!!
    Keep going girls.Just think if I wasn’t on this diet I am sure I would have gained a stone or more.

Well done Lou Belles. I also drink lots and lots on my fast days and it really helps. Well done on your weigh in success.

Chocolatier, sometimes I struggle with headaches too if I get behind on my fluid intake. Glad to hear your headache has gone again. Great job too – 3 pounds lost.

Emm, I hope you got good results today.

I had my fast day yesterday and weighed myself today – no further downward movement for me yet. I hope my second fast this week will bring some result.

Well done everyone – and good luck today if you are fasting.

Great job Chocolatier on the 3lbs! I hope the headaches stay away.
    SP13 I hope you have a loss next fast, that’s what normally happens for me, no loss or very little on first fast of the week.
    I hope Emm and Ais you are both doing well too. And anyone else?
    Fasting again today, it fits in better this week. Trying for another water only. It’s 3 pm here, so not too much longer. 2 litres of water down, more to go, I find that really helps.
    Have a great day everyone.

How did you water fast day go, Lou Belles?

Something weird happened today. It is not a fasting day and we get breakfast and lunch in our work’s canteen (by the way, it’s really fantastic, restaurant standard food. We are very lucky). I went to the canteen for breakfast this morning and took the usual – very small wholegrain roll, low fast cheese spread topping, home-made flatbreads made from seeds and nuts, a small bowl of yoghurt with a small sprinkling of ground nuts and oats. I enjoyed the yoghurt and the flatbread and then part way through the roll I thought…. I don’t really want this. I’m not hungry. I don’t need this….. and I threw the rest away.

I normally LOVE my breakfasts and enjoy them completely. Often I am tempted to go up again and get another serving but of course I never do. Just the fact that I didn’t want to finish my plate was a whole new experience.

SP13 that’s so great that you have seen a change in your appetite. I have had a similar thing and it’s so great to see a change. Sounds like a pretty great work canteen.
    I’m still going on my second water fast. Almost 6 pm now, so not too much longer.

Finished my btb fasts.On the second day didn’t feel hungry.The and waited till 6 30 to have my evening meal.Enjoyed my food that day.Did not lose anything the second day but I am satisfied with the 3 pounds the previous day.
    Still have a lot to lose.Planning to stay with my sister in the South of France in May June next year.So I am aiming for my target weight then.This programme is for life so all remember that.
    SP13 great news it does change your appetite and I can no longer eat the vast quantities of food I used to.Also I think twice about snacking between meals now You can soon bump up the calories that way on a non fast day.Good fasting everyone!!
    The way I look at it anyway fasting for one day for the rest of my life should be easy.

Fantastic job Chocolatier with your btb. 3 lbs is still a great loss, and you may still have a delayed loss. That’s great you have a goal foe your weight loss, I think it really helps keep you motivated. And how lovely to be with your sister in the south of France! Delightful. You can do it!
    Just weighed in after my second water fast. 68.1 kgs, so another 400gms totalling 1 kg even since Saturday, so I’m super happy with that! Also I’m done for the week now, so just mindful eating, I really don’t want to put back on my nfd’s what I have lost on my fd’s.
    So I’m really happy here. Actually after all my plateau weeks it seems like a dream now, like it’s not real. 😄

Hi Loubelles, ok “nd fast day (500) yesterday and think thats 3 pounds off this week..as ever the weekend looms but am starting from a better place.

Emm, that’s excellent 3 lbs loss! Great job! Keep it up and I hope we can all keep control of out weekend so we can make further losses next week!!
    I hope everyone fasting Thursday is doing well. I think you are all still on Thursday, it’s Friday morning here. Good luck and keep it up everyone!!

Yes still Thursday..just ! Have tried to keep on track with Thai take away looming with boyfriend and his boys… Family BBQ on Saturday (although big rain forecasted after oodles of sun).. and third bit of exercise tomorrow. Happy Friday everyone…😀

Well done emm on your 3lbs. That’s great. And Lou Belles, well done on your good week too.

I had gained 200 grams this morning after my second fast day but I have lost 1cm from my waist and 2.5 cm from around my tummy since last week. I suspect that my added sport of swimming may be giving me muscle mass instead. I have also had “slow tummy” issues this week.

Either way, I am still feeling positive and am actually wearing a dress that I bought last year but was too small. So something good is happening somewhere.

Have a great Friday and a lovely weekend.

SP 13 great news on the shrinking waistline.Wearing clothes that didn’t fit correctly last year is always a bonus.Thats what I mean looking forward to most.I have a wardrobe full of clothes some that are too tight and some even with labels still on.Thats another goal to get into those clothes and have the pleasure of wearing them.Looking through them I have some pretty dresses.

SP13 that’s great on measurements lost even though weight wasn’t. It’s really the best way to tell and if you are exercising so much you must be doing a lot of toning up. So glad you are feeling great in your dress.

How did everyone’s weekends go? I stayed under tdee but it could have been heaps better, I ate some junk so hoping all my hard work had not gone to waste.
    I’m fasting today, trying another water fast. So far so good, it’s almost dinner time so just to get everyone else through that. I really need to work on making sure my nfd’s are much better. More clean eating and lots of veg. I always feel better when I do. This week wasn’t the best for that though.
    Good luck anyone else doing Monday fasting. I hope it goes well for you all.

Hi Lou Belles.You yes I’m fasting today Definitely over indulged over the weekend.Fasting today and tomorrow as going away for a short break on Wednesday on the coast so hope to do plenty of walking by the sea.Really looking forward to it.
    Today will have my skinny breakfast at lunchtime and some sort of salad in the evening.Happy fasting !!

Chocolatier excellent job. I hope the btb fasting goes well and that you have a wonderful holiday. Walking by the sea sounds devine. Good luck.

I am with you both and fasting today – water and black coffee only.

My weekend was a bit naughty with the odd glass or three of wine but the scales were kinder to me than expected this morning. So I am feeling hopeful about my weigh in a little later this week. I think it was helped by a couple of good runs – one on Friday where I must have been fat burning because it felt like very hard work and another, slightly longer run on Sunday.

Have a good day – and happy fasting.

How did your fast days go Chocolatier and SP13? Mine went well, stuck to water fasting. Sadly the scales showed I have put on weight since last week!😕 1/2 kilo since last that or 100 gms since last Monday. But I’m not totally suprised. I have had too much rubbish, although kept under tdee. Also started weight training last week on top of my usual 20 minute hit workout. All sorts of muscles have been sore, so maybe I’ve built a little muscle and maybe holding onto some fluids too. Who knows. I’ll keep going though. Finished my fast at lunch time today so did 40 hours. But didn’t stick to my healthy food plan. So want to do better next nfd. Was planning to fast late in the week but feeling yuck right now after dinner so going to give it another go tomorrow.
    Anyway good luck everyone and hopefully you are all doing better than me with cutting out junk!

Still on my 2nd fast day.Just going to pilates class then home to a skinny lunch.Veg sausages egg tomatoes and mushrooms. Some kind of salad for tea.
    I don’t know if my scales are working properly as it looks like I’ve put weight on this morning!!
    Will weigh myself tomorrow. Still this diet is sticking with me for life as I still feel a lot fitter than I did in the middle of June.
    Looking forward to the start of my holiday so no fasting days until next Tuesday when I get home.

How did it go Chocolatier ??

Not too bad to day.Starting well then by 2 pm felt very nauseous. Had lunch then my son came round and had dinner about 6 mainly veg.
    Will see what the scales say tomorrow

Just weighed in.Success after a tough day yesterday.Dropped 2 pounds.Hopefully don’t gain too much on holiday.Love fish and chips and also ice cream but definitely having them.What else do you have by the sea !!

Good morning

Well done Chocolatier – and sorry to hear you had such a tough day. Reading these posts helps I think because you know you are not alone and that tough days don’t last forever.

Lou Belles, never mind. I tend to go a bit up and down but as long as the general trend is downwards, it’s all positive. As you say, muscles being sore wont’ help. Healing muscles store water for repair (so I am told).

Had my fast day Monday, which went really well. Tuesday morning weight was down a bit (had gained last time) so I am trying really hard to be good. Next fast day is Thursday. I have to catch the train at 05:27 and am home late with meetings all day so hopefully my mind will be kept off food all day.

Chocolatier well done! That’s great to drop 2 lbs! I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Enjoy your fish and chips and ice cream, you might not eat as much as you think. I enjoyed whatever I wanted on my holiday but found I didn’t eat that much of anything and didn’t really put on any weight, while still enjoying them all.
    SP13, I agree it really helps to be able to read what others are doing on here. So glad your fast day went well and your Thursday fat sounds like it will be under control, it is so much easier when you are really busy!
    I’m fasting again today, just a few hours to go for the day. I’m really finding it pretty easy to water fast once I decide to do it. Though it’s hard to not eat with my family, I have been picking busy days and do extra meals ahead of time, which had been working well. I think I’ll stick with the water only for now or at least one a week. Hoping there is a loss tomorrow but not confident as was almost 2 kgs up this morning which has to be the exercise as I really haven’t eaten enough yesterday to put that in surely! Anyway, I’m feeling sore muscles everywhere so actually pretty pleased about those workouts. Hopefully I will just drop again at some stage. I might do Friday a normal 500 cal fast to help out a bit more. Would really love to even get back to the 68.1 I was last week. My big goal is to do a really good nfd tomorrow. No junk, just lovely real food!
    Good luck everyone.

Hi everyone! How are the fd’s or nfd’s going?
    I fasted yesterday, another water fast. It was quite straightforward really, which makes it easier. I think eating nothing means you don’t have to think about it at all. Just my never-ending challenge to drink enough water! Sometimes I feel like I will drown from it all!😉 I’m trying to drink at least three litres on my water only fast days, especially having started this new weights workout. But I try to time it around not driving around, which I normally have a couple of hours of in the afternoon getting kids from and to and from again! I don’t want to be making toilet stops!😆
    Anyway, on the scales this morning down to 68.8 kgs, which is still a fair bit up since last Thursday at 68.1 kgs. But considering yesterday morning I was at 69.9 I’m very happy. I do want to get down again but think the weight training has messed that up a bit, but I’m feeling stronger already after just over a week of it so I’m happy with that. I wouldn’t mind those scales that tell you the muscle, fat etc break down of your weight. But mine don’t do that.
    So will probably fast again tomorrow as planned. Am being pretty good so far today nfd which was my goal, hopefully I can continue for the whole day. Actually feeling incredibly full from my lunch and may just have a very light dinner.
    Good luck everyone! 😆

Really good. I fasted yesterday. My intention was to eat egg white omelette for breakfast, soup for lunch and the tuna white bean salad in the recipe book, but I was teaching a class all day and didn’t get to the omelette until noon. I ate an apple instead of the soup. Actually felt really good all day and the salad was delicious. I was at a music festival last weekend and did some serious calorie damage, but still managed to lose a pound from last week’s fasting. Excited to see what the scale gods have to say on Monday! 😉 Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi everyone, it’s coming up to the end of the challenge in the next couple of days. I hope you’re all doing well?
    I fasted on Friday, not a water fast, just a normal under 500 cal one. Water fasted yesterday, Monday, and am back down to 68.4. Nearly where I was a couple of weeks ago, hoping to get down below 68 next fast, but can’t really know how my body will lose, doesn’t seem to do what I want when I want it! 😉 Did lose a little around the waist and feeling really good from my new workout, tighter and firmer, even though I’ve got a few kilos left to lose. So will fast Wednesday or Thursday and do my challenge total after that.
    Good luck everyone 😄

Just back from my hols.Had a fabulous time lots of good weather and lots of walking by the sea.
    You were right Lou Belles.You didn’t eat as much as I thought.Bought an ice cream and believe it or not couldn9 eat it all!.It was self service in the hotel restaurant so was able to choose and didn’t pile my plate high like some people there!!.Must have walked at least 3 miles every day and took the stairs instead of the lift sometimes.Fasting tomorrow and Wednesday. Not been on the scales will go on after my fasting.

Fantastic job Chocolatier on not over eating on your holidays. I really think that is one of the great side effects from fasting, really resetting your appetite. Glad you had a lovely holiday. Good luck with your btb fasting and hope the scales are kind to you on on Thursday!

Hello ladies! I got done with my exams just about recently. Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to fast properly but I will make up for it soon.
    I also plan on doing a third round in November. I’ll be free of exams and that way I’ll be able to join you inspiring ladies in this amazing quest of shredding extra pounds..
    For packing up this challenge I’ll write my last weigh in as my final weight for the round, i.e. 62.6 KG! I’m sure I’ve gained back a few pounds in the past week or two but I’ll reverse that soon!
    Thank you so much for sticking around with me and each other. I’m glad we found partners that inspire us and that we can inspire in achieving all that we aim for!
    Stay happy, healthy and smiling! ❤

Forgot to say whilst on holiday went Into Marks and Spencer to get measured for a bra.Unbelievable 4 inches smaller size so that proves the inches are coming off.Also couldn’t resist going on the scales this morning and haven’t put any weight on.Happy with that.

Chocolatier that’s fantastic!!! So happy for you! That’s really the results you want!

Ais I hope your exams went well! Nice to hear from you again. I’m sure you’ll be back into it again and losing again soon. It is really hard with extra stress. Good luck!

Hi everyone, last day of the month and challenge yesterday for me in Australia. Completed my second water fast yesterdsy to finish off the challenge.
    Started this challenge at 70.9 kgs weighed in this morning at 68.4 kgs. So down 2.5 kgs. I seem to lose well for a couple of weeks then plateau for a while. I also think the weight training has messed with my weight loss, though I’m really happy with the other results from it.
    Did measurements too and lost 2.5 cms off waist, 3 cms off hips and 1 cm off each thigh. So very happy with that.
    My main goal was just to keep moving downwards towards my goal, which is definitely happening, I have gone down a belt notche since I started this challenge too.
    I hope you all have been able to keep going and I’m looking forward to reading about your results wach one of you.

Hi all!!
    Hoping to hear anyone else’s results. It’s not always easy or consistent, but would love to hear how any of you have gone. 😀

Hi all.I have maintained the same weight this time but will still persevere and hpoe to reach my goal weight in April next year.
    I have gone down 5 belt notches he’s since mid June and my clothes look so much better on. Lou well done.

Chocolatier great to hear from you. Staying the same idea much better than moving up in weight, so consider that a success! You also went on a holiday and stayed the same which is fantastic! This WOL is changing how you eat and decisions you make about food. I think keeping your weight the same is a really important part.
    FIVE belt notches since June is very impressive! You certainly deserve to congratulate yourself on that! That’s a big change to your body in two and a half months. You are doing great! I know you can keep it up and reach your goals. You’ll get there!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply.