The 45 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 45 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

This topic contains 152 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Chocolatier 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 153 total)

• Fast Day today..tired and haven’t drunk enough, but have supper all prepared; shredded veggies in light tomato sauce and the ‘slim pasta’ noodles range, only 27 cals a packet and no junk in it but feels like a proper meal. I get it from Holland and Barratt, often on a 2 for 1. Any one else come across this ?

Hi Emm never heard of the slim pasta.Can you get it from anywhere Else? No Holland and Barrett here.Thank you.

Hi Chocolatier,
    Sorry don’t know of anywhere else but the company is called http://www.Slim Noodles.co.uk
    I think H And B have a website as well. No carbs and organic ingredients, plus 4gms fibre !!
    Good hunting..😀

Hi Emm oh lovely thank you.I will look on the Internet.

Hi fellow fasters, I’m loving reading about all these losses, chocolatier and sp, you’ve spurred me on again. It’s amazing how uplifting it is to read about these successes. I fasted on Monday, with not too much trouble, only gets tricky if I’m around food too much after tea, its like I’ve opened the flood gates and I’m so weak at that point, I should maybe consider doing a water/tea fast, that might actually be easier overall. Hmmm, food for thought!!! Again!! 🍰! Anyway, fasting again tomorrow, then weigh day Thursday, so I’m on full throttle till then. Emma the skinny pasta sounds great, ill give that a shot. Courgetti pasta is great too, if you enjoy the full feeling a carb would normally give, which I do, good luck everyone xxx

I love courgette pasta as well , you’re right about the taste..and like you it’s the evening that gets me…but almost done for the day. Love my tea, can’t give that up !

That skinny pasta sounds great. Haven’t seen any in Australia. Will have to look out for something like that here. I do love the courgette pasta too. So yummy and low carb.
    Fasted yesterday, scales have new batteries and finally a loss! !! 400g, almost 1/2 kg and I’m so happy! Fasting again tomorrow and feeling so happy to be on the move again! Yay!
    Good luck everyone let’s all keep it up! !

Hi everyone, yey!! Lou belles, 400grams off, you’re on the move again. Very happy for you! I’m fasting today, had a few rumbles earlier whilst making the kids lunch but it’s passed now thank goodness. Did 10 minutes HIT this morning too, happy fasting everyone. X

Hi, everyone! I have been reading you all’s posts and can’t say how proud I am of the collective progress.. I went down from 64.2 to 63.6 last week. Not huge, but passable for sure.
    I have lately been feeling quite demotivated, can’t say why. For the longest time I’ve been hitting a plateau everytime I drop down to 64. This time I know, I’ve done well so far but I’m scared of standing on the scale and not noticing any difference! If I can get down to maybe 59 in this round, I’d be so grateful. I am not being careful about what I eat on NF days lately, so that too needs some check!
    Wish you all, all the best! And keep the success posts coming guys. You all are such an inspiration!

Ais is so great to hear from you. I understand about not being as motivated. But that is a great loss for last week. I think a half kilo is a great loss and you did better than that. It is really hard if you ate a bit stuck. I hope you stay below the 64 and keep moving!

I’m fasting again today and hoping to move down even a little more on the scales. I hope everyone who fasted yesterday had some downward movement on the scales!

Good luck everyone and keep at it. We can all keep it up and keep losing!

Having a total crisis day today. 🙁 It’s the second FD of the week and I’m feeling really rough – queasy, headache, cold…. Weighed myself this morning and had gained weight so I’m feeling generally quite miserable today.

I know I shouldn’t post such a miserable post but am really struggling today.

Awwww sp, that’s hard going, why don’t you fast tomorrow and just reign in on calories today. Look after yourself and don’t beat yourself up about the scales. Just stick with it, but remember this diet is Soo flexible, so take advantage of it and allow yourself some more calories today. Just keep posting, that’s what it’s here for, we can’t always be positive, that’s just not realistic! We’ll all be looking for support at some point, so honestly post away if it helps x

Just a quicky, I weighed in this morning!
    Lost half a lb. Not what i was hoping for but still at least its a loss. Today is the day I always stuff my face, so I’m really going to make every effort to eat consciously.
    Happy fasting folks, x

Well done Mrs…..you have lost that’s the main thing.Even if it’s not what you expected.Keep going.Eventually your stomach shrinks so you can’t eat vast quantities of food.I find I like to eat tasty foods that perhaps I haven’t tried before . I love rocket salads at the moment.
    Will be fasting tomorrow let you know how I get on.

Well done Mrsgettingthere – from me too.
    Thanks for your message of encouragement. I went for a short walk for my lunch break and the fresh air seems to have helped a bit. Your positive support helped too – so thanks. I will see how the day goes and try not to panic too much about it.

Thanks chocolatier, really looking forward to the shrinking stomach part!! Think I might join you in another fast day tomorrow, stepping it up a notch should help x

SP13, sorry to hear you’re having a hard day, so glad it has improved a bit with a walk. I find having some broth or bullion is great when I’m not feeling the best, the one I have only had 13 calories a cup.
    Mrsgettingthere that’s still a loss which is great. You’re moving in the right direction. Good luck with tomorrow’s fast. And you too Chocolatier.
    I’m fasting today though about to go to bed now. I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning and hope for a loss to break free of my plateau, I’m so ready to move on.

Another day done lou belles, well done! I totally forget that we’re all over the world. I’ve probably read and forgotten but could I get an idea of where we are and what we’re about and do? Just if anyone wants to! ☺
    I’m 35, married and live in north England, I have four children between 7yrs and 2yrs. So not working at the moment. I qualified as a nurse, so that’s probably what I’ll be doing at some point (but I’m putting it off to be honest) don’t want to seem nosy but thought it might help when chatting between posts. Xxx

Thanks Lou Belles. My day is certainly improving, which is great.

Glad to introduce myself a little, Mrsgettingthere. I’m 43, married, and live in Denmark (though I am British). I have three children; one aged 15 and twins aged 14. I am a keen (if slow) runner with 13 marathons and 1 ultra under my belt – though I am just starting up again after 6 weeks with an injured knee (from walking round a garden, can you believe?!).

Hi Mrsgettingthere .I am Married 62 years old and have 2 son’s one 30 and the other 28.I am retired so have plenty of free time.I live in the UK east Midlands.

Thanks sp and chocolatier, so lovely getting a bit of background, hope your day continued to improve sp. I’m definitely going to be fasting along side yourself, chocolatier, so here’s to a successful fast tomorrow. night x

Yay!! So happy when I got on the scales this morning! Finally a loss and a good one! 69.8kgs!! 1.1 kg total loss this week! So happy to finally be moving and off that nasty plateau I’ve been on for about six weeks! Anyway, obviously pretty happy here.
    Good luck everyone who is fasting today, I hope it goes really week for you all.

Lovely to hear a bit about you Mrsgettingthere, SP13 and Chocolatier.
    I live in Tasmania, the island down the bottom of Australia. On a few acres only just in the country. With my husband and three children, who are 12, 10 and 8. I’m 37, not working full time. I do the local markets here and was quite busy helping with an elderly friend until a few weeks ago when she passed away. So I have more time on my hands and trying to work out what I want to do. Still super busy running my children everywhere but trying to find out some things about myself and what I want to do, and a big part of that for me is losing these extra kilos I have been carrying around. Feeling happy to be taking control of this.
    Good luck everyone and keep up the great work. 😆

Brilliant Lou Belles.You sound really busy with your family.Tasmania how lovely I expect your weather is a little warmer than ours here in England although it’s your “Winterslow. I really like this diet as it’s the only one that works and also has health benefits as this is the main reason I’m doing it . Believe me I’ve tried slimming world weight watchers etc…..
    Fasting today…no breakfast just plenty of black teas which I drink on non fasting days too.Don’t like milk in my tea.Looking in my recipe books deciding what to have for lunch.Defineatly something with rocket vine tomatoes and a touch of salad cream!Good luck Mrsgettingthere with your fast today.Will weigh and measure tomorrow.

Thanks Chocolatier, it’s pretty cool here in Tasmania at the moment, although further north is much warmer. We went to Queensland to see family last month and it was lovely and around 20 degrees celsius which is just delightful for winter. It snowed here a couple of weeks ago, but we do live in the hills.
    I hope your fast day went well/is going well? Your planned lunch sounded lovely, I love rocket and vine tomatoes, yum.
    Have a great day and good luck to you all fasting. It has been weird for me just doing the two fast days this week after doing three a week for the last couple of months. It’s funny that going back to two fasts this week is the week I’ve finally left my plateau. I think I’ll just do the two for now. So much easier too.

Hi all.Weighed in have stayed the same in weight.Overall since mid June I have lost 5 inches off my waist so that is a positive.Had a lovely day yesterday had crab cantaloupe melon and rocket salad for dinner and a skinny breakfast of vegetarian sausage flat mushrooms and vine tomatoes and an egg.Walked to town twice for 2 hours.so may get a loss on my next fasting day.How’s everyone else doing?

Hi all.Don’t normally do this but just weighed myself this morning and have lost 2 pounds.I weighed myself on Saturday after my Friday fast and had remained the same.So being curious I stepped on the scales this morning. Really pleased.Instead of being 14 stone something in the middle of June I can now say I’m 12 stone something!!!
    Still have a long way to go but should reach my goal weight by April next year.
    Health wise feel so much more agile.Walking every day to town.Sometimes twice a day as the weather is so good.
    Hope everyone is okay.You are all very quiet.I know you have busy lives as I was at your ages.

Fantastic job Chocolatier! That’s great that you have had a 2 lbs loss. Fantastic that you’re making great progress towards your goal. Interesting that the loss wasn’t the next day, but a couple of days later. Honestly there doesn’t seem any rhyme to it all sometimes. Sometimes you lose and sometimes you don’t and can be doing the same thing.
    I’m not fasting again until Tuesday. Had a lovely dinner out last night for a friend’s birthday though didn’t go overboard.
    Keep up the good work.

Hi everyone, well done chocolatier, good for you! I’m ready for another fast tomorrow, had a really nice weekend of tasty foods, and managed to go to the cinema without any chocolate (a definite first) and didn’t feel deprived what so ever – amazing!!! Keep going ladies!!! Xxx

Hi, i’m a nurse living in South of England, no kids just miniature sausage dog ! Lovely to read a bit about us.
    Have to say , feel so dispondant that my weight is the same as last Monday after weekend of a few treats (not mega crazy) and some wine..does anyone else have this pattern. Essentially I feel back to square one.

I haven’t had the best weight loss week either and also weighed in the same today as last Monday. Fast day today though and am just planning to keep on going – the weight didn’t come overnight and it won’t disappear overnight either (that’s what I keep telling myself).

I also keep saying to myself that even if I don’t lose weight, I am doing something very good for my body.

Good luck today if you are fasting. 🙂

Success or failure doesn’t come from the tyranny of the scales, but from a decreasing waistline. Are your clothes looser? Have any of your measurements decreased? Remember that you may be shrinking from areas that you just don’t measure, which is where the clothes come in. I once spent a month with no movement at all on the scales…but lost 7 inches all over!

Thanks SP13 and annette52. I am fasting today..OH YES..rice cakes a go-go. I haven’t measured myself at all this time round so maybe I should.
    I’m interested to know if other folk have the same weekend experience, as long as the trend is going down.

Made it ! 500cals …. thanks ladies for your support. 😀

Hi all!
    Well done Mrsgettingthere with no chocolates at the cimena! I think it is all these little choices and changes we make that change our habits. So keep it up. I also think that even when we are making good changes some of the time it is still am improvement even when we don’t do it perfectly.
    Emm and SP13, I have also had the same thing happen. It is super frustrating and you feel like it was a waste in a way,but it wasn’t! I agree with Annette52 as well that there are other ways or bodies change. I have also found that sometimes we are just a little stuck,in my case I lost very little in measurements while my weight plateaued,so it didn’t seem like I was losing anywhere. But if I stopped what good would that do me? I would never get any lower,and would just go up again. Now after weeks of being stuck I am finally moving again and so happy I stuck with it! 😀 It is frustrating and hard though.
    Planned to fast on Tuesday, (today), but didn’t feel much like eating yesterday so decided to fast Monday instead. So glad that one day is done. I do wish that the first fast of the week resulted resulted in a loss, I feel like it just catches you back up if you’re lucky!
    So good luck with everyone fasting or not fasting. I’ll weigh in after my second fast day.

Just did my very first fast day, and I lived.🙃 It actually wasn’t horrible and knowing this will likely be the hardest week, makes me optimistic. Thanks to all of you who are sharing success stories and for your positive attitudes. It’s nice to have a realistic preview!

Welcome Dilllikethepickle, congratulations on your first fast! I agree the first week is the hardest. It’s the thought of having to miss out, the actually missing out for one day isn’t that bad and does get easier. When I first started I would tell myself I could have the things I was wanting while fasting the next day and then wouldn’t even feel like them when tomorrow came! I hope it’s the same for you. Good luck and keep it up. It really works and is so simple.

Just to add for those of you not measuring your statistics. Some weeks I have stayed the same weight but my measurements have decreased.For example I started this diet mid June and have now lost a whopping 5 inches from my waist.l can almost run upstairs now instead of pulling myself up and gasping for breath.So ladies keep going it’s not always about the scales.
    Happy fasting and here’s to better health.

It’s so nice to hear all the words of encourgement and about how well you are doing. I will start measuring more regularly and see if those numbers show progress.

Feeling much more postive despite a not-so-great weigh in today. Will report after my second fasting day on Thursday. As you say Lou Belles, what would be happening if I wasn’t fasting? That’s a scary thought.

Hi all, fd today. Just had some soup for dinner and ate some strawberries a little earlier. Feeling really good.
    Good luck everyone.

Hi! How is everyone doing??
    Finished my second fd yesterday but have decided to do a third btb. So fasting again today. I did weigh in this morning but hoping today’s fast will nudge me just that bit lower. So will weigh in tomorrow and record it then.
    How are your fasts going? I hope you are all getting good results?

Good morning (at least here in DK)
    My second fd today to weighing tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed this week is better than last week. Feeling good and postive today.
    Have a short run and (drum roll, please) a swim planned for today. First time I have been swimming for years (if you don’t count lazing round in a pool on summer holiday).

Good luck on your third fast today, Lou Belles. And good luck to everyone else too.

Hi SP13, I hope the rest of your fast day goes well and that you do have better results this week. I hope the run and swim go well, they sound great.

Going to bed now on my third fd for the week, I have been good but remembered why I don’t love btb. The second half of today I spent thinking about all the food I want tomorrow! Hopefully I won’t feel like it all when tomorrow comes!

Yay! Weighed myself this morning after btb fasts and another one on Monday and down to 69.3 kgs! Was really hoping to break the 68’s but happy all the same, especially after my long plateau, it is so nice to be going down! Interestingly I weighed myself yesterday after the two fasts and was sitting on 69.5, so I only lost 200 gms yesterday. I didn’t drink enough water though which also helps and I do think you lose better on non back to backs as you are fasting for longer with the sleeping time too.
    Also didn’t binge this morning though did have a piece of grainy toast and a hot milo, which is sweet and has some milk, though not as strong as hot chocolate. I was feeling a little whoozy this morning which I think was not having enough water and not the limited food.
    So a loss of 500 gms. Hopefully I can break into the 68kgs next week.
    Good luck everyone. I hope the scales are kind to you this week.

I just did my second fd and it was much better than Monday. It was way easier since I ate a healthy dinner last night, I didn’t wake up hungry. I’m not due to weigh in until Sunday, so not sure if there has been a loss, but I feel good. :).

Great job Dill!! I’m glad it got easier. That makes it so much easier to do. I hope you have a nice loss on Sunday, it really gives you a bit of a boost!

Thank you! Just ordered some bone broth for the Keurig at work. Thought it might be good to have on hand. 😀

Well done Lou Belles. That’s a great loss – and well done for managing such a hard fasting week. 3 days in total with 2 btb… blimey.
    My second fast day of the week yesterday – also walked 3.5km, ran 8.5km, cykled 8km and then went swimming for half an hour. (First time swimming in years, so not huge distances covered and many breaks)

Weighed myself this morning and I am at 63.1kg. That’s slow progression but a huge improvement on last week.
    25 July: 65.5
    29 July: 63.9
    4 August: 63.9
    12 August: 63.1

Lou Belles, 3 days wow… had a treat in London mid week which has thrown this week, and now the weekend..trying not to get dispondent. Will take on the tip of measuring myself. Feels like one step forward..two back..BUT my choice whetehr to have wine tonight and I’m not going to …try to eat a salad when out with bf !

Wow SP13, you had an amazing day yesterday. So much exercise, that’s really impressive. I’m glad you have had a nice loss, 800 gms is great! It’s always especially great when you have stayed the same the last week! I’m really happy for you.

Emm, keep going! You can do it! You will get results, just not always when you want them! But they will come if you keep going.

Trying to be very mindful with eating this weekend so as not to undo my hardwork.😉

Good luck everyone and I hope you all have a lovely weekend with mindful eating too.

Stepped on the scales this morning after a nfd, though really tried to be mindful, also drank 3.5 litres of water after not drinking enough the day before and waking up feeling dehydrated. Anyway I’ve gone down another 200 gms to 69.1 kgs! So that was a really nice suprise and some great motivation to be mindful again today.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply.