The 45 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 45 Day Weight Loss + Exercise Challenge

This topic contains 152 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Chocolatier 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 153 total)

• Alright everyone! After the success of our 30 Day Challenge, here’s a round 2.
    For anyone who wasn’t with us in round 1, the rules are simple.
    You start your 5:2/4:3(whatever suits you) today (15th July), stay consistent and continue it till 31st August along with some light exercise of your own choice at least thrice a week.
    Down below comment with what you weigh today and then every week you comment on this thread to let us know how much you’ve lost the past week, you can also comment everyday to tell us about your exercise routine for that particular day or your calorie intake for the past 24 hours, long story short, consider this thread your motivational log book with real people supporting you on the foreground.
    Let’s kick in, everyone! All the best!
    Looking forward to having my partners from phase 1 and more people join me!
    Cheers.

Hi, I just read your last challenge thread. You ladies are amazing 🙂

So, I’m excited to join, weigh in, and be active. My fast days are Mondays and Thursdays, but I’m known to add a third one frequently. I like the feeling that I can if I want, and if I don’t, I still feel like I accomplished my goal of doing 5/2, so no pressure.

Start weigh 133.6
    current weight 133.6
    goal weight Aug 31st 123.6

Activities 40 min brisk walk daily, HIIT 3 times per week

Hi I’m back in!
    Glad to be a part of this again.
    Had a great holidays and thankfully haven’t put much back on despite the lack of fasts and some holiday eating! Only half a kilo.
    So starting again at 70.9 kgs. I’ll do my measurements soon so I can compare at the end of the challenge.
    My fast days will tentatively be Mondays and Wednesdays as those days work for me. Then I can add a Friday if I feel like it. But I’ll adjust as needed.
    I’m going to continue with my HIT and I want to start running again, but I’ll be a work in progress.
    Just hoping to continue making progress towards my goal of 63 kgs.

Hi, I’m a newbie to the forums but been doing the 5.2 diet since 23/11/15..not weighed but measured myself,.started out an english size 16/18 and now a 14/16..now feel in need of bit of moral support..lost 12.5ins the first 2 months, 8ins the second 2 months and then only 4 ins,.would love to be a size 10/12 for my sister’s wedding next year..easy peasy you may say but am struggling on my non fast days to steer clear of the ‘naughty’ things..am thinking I need a reward for enduring 2 days fasting..although I don’t struggle on them or feel hungry…have bought some weights for my exercise routine as I have MS and aerobic exercise is a no go..looking forward to being part of this and hearing your stories and encouraging each other..good luck everyone

Hi,

I have just registered on this site. I hope it’s not too late to join you. I have tried 5:2 a year ago and had a good result (do not know how much I have lost but felt better and my clothes started to feel baggy). I’m starting with 110 kg and plan to fast Monday and Thursday. For exercise will start walking on a daily basis as at the moment i do not practice any exercising. My aim would be to loose 5-7 kgs and I am planning to add a third fasting day to my routine in a couple of weeks.
    Good luck to Everyone!

Hi AisS94.and everyone.I am back in.Just found the new thread.
    My back to back fasting days today and tomorrow. Pilates class on Tuesday.Really loving this strengthens your core.Resistance training on Thursday.Try to walk every day for at least half an hour
    Good luck everyone.
    My start weight is 187 pounds.

Hi Everyone. Even though I have been following the 5:2 diet for about a month, this is my first time on this site. I would like to take on the challenge.

Start weight: 12 stone 8lb
    Current weight: 12 stone 3.5lb
    goal weight: 31st August 11 stone 10lb

I walk at least 30 minutes every day; swim twice weekly and try to do at least one exercise class (usually zumba) once a week.

Good luck everyone

Hi all, just seen this thread and thought the goal looked really achievable, is it to late to join? I started the 5:2 diet almost three weeks and have been weighing myself on Thursdays.
    I’m 5ft 3″
    Start weight 11 stone 7 lb (30th June)
    Current weight 11 stone 2 lbs
    August 31st goal 10 stone 7 lbs

I will continue to weigh on Thursdays and post my results. I’m fasting today and Wednesday, I’m trying to make conscious food choices through the week on non fast days and just enjoying food guil free on weekends. Not doing as much exercise as I’d like but will try to do more. Good luck everyone, and great idea xxx

Hi all, just seen this thread and thought the goal looked really achievable, is it to late to join? I started the 5:2 diet almost three weeks and have been weighing myself on Thursdays.
    I’m 5ft 3″
    Start weight 11 stone 7 lb (30th June)
    Current weight 11 stone 2 lbs
    August 31st goal 10 stone 7 lbs

I will continue to weigh on Thursdays and post my results. I’m fasting today and Wednesday, I’m trying to make conscious food choices through the week on non fast days and just enjoying food guil free on weekends. Not doing as much exercise as I’d like but will try to do more. Good luck everyone, and great idea xxx

Hi and welcome everyone! Glad to have more along for the ride.
    I fasted yesterday, Monday, it was good to get back to it after my two weeks off fasting. Sadly hadn’t shifted any weight on the scales this morning though but do find that normally comes after second fast for the week.
    I thought I would go easy on myself. I had been saving all my calories for dinner so I could have a longer fast and one bigger meal. I thought getting back in I would just have a few cups of homemade soup at about 100 cals a cup as needed but ended up lasting until 4 pm when I had soup then an omlette. So happy it was easier to get back into than I expected. Actually looking forward to fasting tomorrow and hoping to see some movement on the scales on Thursday!
    How are you all going?
    What works best for you on fast days?
    I think it’s when we share that we really help each other. On fast days especially I love to read the forums to see other people’s success and what works for them to keep motivated.
    I have been doing my hit workout 6 days a week. It’s only 20 minutes but I have been doing it now for almost three months and really feeling like my body is much firmer which is such a great feeling.
    Would love to hear from you all. I hope things are going well and you are all making progress.
    Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?
    I fasted again Wednesday and the scales the next morning were kinder and I’m down from 70.9 to 70.4 kgs. So I’m happy with that. I decided to add a third fast today. Just really want to get below 70 and keep moving.
    Hope your FD’s and NFD’s are going well?
    How are you going Ais?
    AliciaDalicia and Lennasar, how were your Monday and Thursday fasts?
    Pammy,I hope you’re doing well and trying to reward yourself in a more helpful way! I totally understand though.
    Chocolatier, how did your back to back fasts go?
    Margmy, how are you doing?
    Mrsgettingthere, I hope your fasts went well and your weigh in too!
    I hope everyone is seeing some movement after the first week!? Looking forward to hearing how you are all doing!

Hi all

I know I’m a little late but I would like to join if I may?

Start weight 10 stone 3
    First goal 9.10
    2nd goal 9 .3
    Final goal 8.10

I’m 5ft 2 and 50 early next year.
    Fast days Monday and Thursday this week

Hi all!! AliciaDalicia, pammy359, Leenasar, margmy, Mrsgettingthere and MrsPepperpot so so glad to have you join us in this challenge… Hoping we do great and achieve our goals even if it takes a while!!
    Lou and Chocolatier, how wonderful to have you guys back… Was really looking forward to it…
    Lou, I fasted over the weekend and did better than I had expected! I had gone from 65.2 to a 66.6 over the vacations! But I checked my weight today and I’m down to 64.2!! How awesome is that?! If I can get below 59 KG soon that would be my lightest in a long time.. But then again I still have to lose about 19 KG to get to my goal weight. Fingers crossed though.
    I will try sharing any recipes if I can soon too.. For now, because I had such a long break I wanted to start with simpler stuff on my fast days so went for an egg sandwich and lots of tomato soup! Will let you and this thread know what I have this week.
    All the best to you all!

Lou and Chocolatier, just saw the old thread and feel so bad for realising I didn’t make the presence of this second thread clear enough! So glad you guys found it, though. Wish this website would come up with a notification system, like Facebook! :p

I started 5:2 a while ago which lapsed, and the weight is going up..and up. Ive been single for years and now in a new relationship (great) but forgot about the going out eating and weight gain thing (boo). Do you mind if I read along and join in my own way ?
    Today is a fast day, I’ve done yoga and 30 min jog so hoping this will lick start me.
    Any advice welcome !

Ais that’s a great loss! So good to see a nice drop like that, really helps to keep you motivated and feel like you are getting there!
    So great to hear from you again.
    Did you know that you can subscribe to receive emails from the thread? That’s what I did.
    Emm you are most welcome. Join us and do what you can. That’s really what we are all doing. I have found reading how other people are going really helps me keep my motivation up. And it’s really good to share how you are doing as we are all in the same boat to some degree. I don’t know anyone except on here who is doing the 5:2 so it has been so great to be able to get ideas and support on here. Good luck and we’re here to support you.
    I fasted yesterday and will fast on Wednesday too. Couldn’t weigh in after Fridays fast as the scales battery is flat! Will have to replace it.
    Good luck everyone.

Hi Emm!! Lovely having you with us! I hope you rock those goals, girl!!
    And Lou, will try out the email notification system now.. I knew about it but never tried it.. Haha

Thanks AisS94, going to fast for second day in a row…here goes…. !

PS How do I change password, my laptop does it automatically but phone doesn’t and the password I was given is FAR TOO LONG !

Hi everyone, I had my weigh in last Thursday and dropped 1lb so new current weight is 11 stone lb. I’ve purposely not posted anything, as I’ve had the worst willpower since my weigh in (as in the Minute I was off the scales) and I’ve ate almost everything in sight. 😱 I really didn’t want to discourage anyone our put stodgy carbohydrate thoughts in anyone’s mind. Annnnyyyywwaaayyyyy! It was my daughters birthday today and we’ve had our cake and fill of junk food so I’m officially back on it. I’ll fast tomorrow and Friday and be extremely mindful when eating on nf days. Well done everyone else for all your deterioration, I’ll post my weight on Thursday 😞😡😈 shamefully, but promise not to be discouraged and aim for a decent loss next week. Xxx

Ooohhhh bad typo determination not deterioration!!! X

Sometimes we have to allow ourselves to have the cake, the birthday, the fun without the guilt. Thursday and Friday, go for it !
    Ive just had my second fast day although think I have gone over the 500..why do boys get another 100 ? Anyway, we shall see tomorrow on the scales.
    Its interesting but the idea of hunger is worse than the real thing, I haven’t felt hungry although (I’m a nurse) have noticed all the sweet treats on patients tables !

Hi emm, I just had a look and you can change your password by going to your profile by pulling down the tab on the top right. Under profile there is an “edit your profile/ change your password” to click on. I hope that works for you.
    Regarding the extra calories for men. It is really dependant on a few things. If you go to tracker and put your details in it will tell you your TDEE which is how many calories you can eat according to weight and height and exercise etc. Then to work out how many you get on a fast day by dividing it by four. Some peoples tdee is lower than 2000, if they are quite small it could even be in the 1400’s which means they have a much smaller fast day allowance.
    This will give you more information on it.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/
    I hope the weigh in goes well. Great job on your two fasts. Don’t worry to much if you went slightly over, you still did great and just try to stay under next time. 😉

Mrsgettingthere, don’t be too hard on yourself. These things happen. The great thing is exactly what you are doing and just getting back on to it! Good luck with your next two fasts.

Hi all, Well done emm, working shifts at best is difficult on the appetite and will power, but add in trays of chocs to the equation and its a real tester! Like Lou Belles said, going over slightly will not impact too much, so well done for sticking with it, how did the scales react on the 27th?
    Thanks for replying Lou Belles, I was so disciplined yesterday and thankfully must have undone some of the calorie damage, I was weighed today and I have put on 12 oz which is under a lb, and honesly I was expecting at least 2/3 lbs on so I’m all go for a decent loss next week. I re-measured today and have lost 8cm from around my hips/waist/bust and thigh so going in the right direction-phew!! Good luck everyone and I look forward to reading all your posts throughout the week. Think I’m getting a little addicted to reading in this forum! x

Hi everyone.Sorry not spoken lately but no emails were popping up so didn’t realise people were chatting.Have rectified that now.
    Previously was doing back to back fasting but have moved on to Monday and Friday now.Was finding the BBC too difficult to sustain. Still doing pilates once a week which I love.Thursday resistance training and walking every day for at least half an hour to an hour.i am fasting today as we went for curry night which is on Thursday.The weight loss is slowing down now and I am down to 185 pounds now.As long as it’s not going on that’s the main thing.

Hi Lou Belle, thanks for the advice, i know have a much easier password ! Chocolatier, your exercise regime sounds great. Its lovely to have this support, esp as the weekend is looming and tendency to go a bit mad.
    So, fasted two days, 3 pounds off and today my 3rd exercise class so I think I’ve completed the goal. I do struggle with the weekend though, decided no alcohol..which will inform better decisions !
    Happy Friday Ladies, and gents if we have one !

Ladies….4 lbs not 3 ..woo-hoo.. !!! so chuffed x

Hi everyone

I’m a very late arriver and hope I can join you. I came back from my summer hols on Monday after having re-found 4 of the kilos I had lost since March so I am refocussing my efforts. Monday and Thursday were fast days this week and have already given a loss of 1.5 kilos. I still have about 9 kilos left to reach my goal.
    My exercise plan is currently 3 weekly runs (7km, 7km and about 15km)and I run or walk to and from work every day (about 3.5km)

I take in zero calories on my fast days but do not count calories on my non-fast days (though I do think about what I am eating and drinking). I am an avid reader of the forums – especially on fast days when I gain so much enthusiasm and courage to carry on. (This was especially true this week with my first fasting week after three weeks of holiday)

To recap:
    Start weight 25/7: 65,5
    Today’s weight 29/7: 63,9

Wow emm, that’s an amazing loss! Nothing like a good drop in numbers to keep you motivated.
    Welcome sp13, you sound like you really know what you’re doing, I’m the same on fast days in that reading though the forum and seeing other people’s achievements really helps to spur me on.I’m not exercising as much as I’d like , but I’m walking plenty with my children (summer holidays) and doing bursts of exercise at home as and when I can. I’m fasting today, as I had only one decent day last week, that cup of tea always taste nicer on a fast morning!
    Good luck everyone and anyone who is fasting today xx

Mrsgettingthere, that’s great that you can see a good loss in your measurements. Also that you recovered from your low willpower day. I totally understand, it’s great that it didn’t turn out as bad as you expected on the scales! I’m hoping for a god loss for you next week. 😄
    Haven’t been really sure what to write here myself. Fasted Monday, Tuesday was under tdee although had some carby foods, fasted Wednesday, got the scales working again on Thursday to find 70.9kg which I was Monday last week before I fasted. So five fasts and probably one day just over tdee all the rest definitely under. Anyway so fasted again yesterday, drank three litres of water to makesure I was flushing anything out and this morning 70.9! Maybe my scales are stuck!! Ha! Anyway I think I am in a plateau or something, have basically been this weight since week two of last fast challenge, in the middle of June, and have been doing 4:3 to budge it! I will look again at what I could be doing better. I was hoping to 4:3 down to 68kgs and then back to 5:2. But it’s harder to do 4:3 for a long period of time, especially without a lot of results. I still have 9kgs to lose, which is almost 20 lbs. Anyway I’m not giving up, just hoping I move of this plateau soon!😆 Not going to worry too much. I’ll just have a lovely weekend under tdee and might check my measurements in the morning to see if there is any change there too give myself a lift! 😉
    Good luck everyone and happy weekend!

Hi Lou Belles

Are you measuring yourself too? Sometimes weight stays the same but the body changes. Plateaus are a complete nightmare but they do pass. I am rooting for you.

I have never tried 4:3 although I have been tempted. It sounds pretty hard.

🙂 Good luck and have a great weekend.

Sorry I totally missed those last few posts, not even sure how and had somehow unsubscribed myself from the emails. All fixed now though!
    Emm, awesome job!! 4 lbs that is amazing. So happy for you.
    SP13, welcome and what a fantastic loss for you too! 1.6 kgs, that’s excellent. I agree with you and Mrsgettingthere about reading the forum when you are fasting as it does really help keep your motivation up.
    Also I got on the treadmill this morning which had been the first time for ages so I’m pretty happy with that. Have been doing my daily HIT but a quick run(only almost 10 minutes) this morning was really good. It has been so cold here that I have seriously been lacking motivation.
    Also sorry for some typos as I mostly use my phone and don’t realize is been auto corrected into something else. 😆

Thanks SP13, I have been measuring irregularly and am keeping a note so I will measure in the morning. I know I will eventually move just hoping to see that soon. The funny thing was when I went on holidays a few weeks ago I didn’t fast and was still 70.9! Also some holiday eating! So can’t complain about that! 😃
    4:3 is good to do for a short period of time, but I think it’s hard long term. I never meant to do it for this long. Probably I’ll go back to 5:2 next week.

Hi Lou belles, i feel so sorry for you! Plateaus can be so frustrating, so even harder to stay motivated, so just dig in and keep at it as you’ll push through it before long. I know this sounds slightly neurotic BUT have you tried weighing yourself holding something heavy(couple tins of beans etc) then immediately after you’ve put them down. My scales used to get a bit lazy when the battery was on the way out, and they never recognised sight differences unless I made them notice a vast change. Just a thought, also made sure you’re weighing in the same scales, in the same place at the same time, in roughly similar clothes (neurotic again, I know), good luck!! X

Thanks Mrsgettingthere, I like how you think. I’ll try that next time. Don’t know if I’ll do it tomorrow or after my next fast. My battery in my scale was getting flat too so maybe it fits! It kept saying low then stopped. I was going to get new batteries but when I checked to see what type they looked like they needed to be pushed in properly, so I did that and it’s working again, although at 70.9. Maybe I’ll just get the new batteries as well!
    I really appreciate your support. It’s nice to feel like your not alone in this. 😀

Well done Emm.This diet does work.I just think I’ll have my treat tomorrow if I am struggling on a fast day.I have discovered turkey mince I mix it with salt pepper cajun spice grated onion garlic and plenty of turmeric.Mix well roll into walnut sized balls and flatten then fry each side in a little olive oil . I’ve just had this for lunch with a salad of rocket basil cos lettuce vine tomatoes small baby cucumber and red onion.ieven had some said creme sprinkled lightly over.Followed by a cup of black tea.211 calories for my lunch.
    Highly recommend Mynetdiary.an app I downloaded on my phone.Its free and let’s you keep track of your calories exercise weight and measurements.Please try it and let me know what you think.i love it and it’s helped me a lot.

That sounds really delicious Chocolatier, just shows if you give it a little thought..i need to get organised. I downloaded MyFitness Pal a few days ago which I think is the same thing…

Oh great Emm. I use mine every day.Itsso useful.The logo looks like a bright green apple.Let me know what you think when you’ve tried it out.

Hi everyone. Just to let you know how I am going.Fasted yesterday weighed today 185 pounds same as last week.All measurements are the same except I have lost an inch from my waist which is a positive.Have walked every day this week only going up town and going around the shops but I know I can do this….so something you do everyday is worthwhile. Hope everyone had a good week.

HI all,well done chocolatier, an inch off your waist is brilliant! I’m fasting today, just enjoying a coffee now whilst the mayhem of of summer holiday activities begin to unfold around me. We’ll be busy today so that always helps, good luck everyone fasting xxxx

Hi Mrs. I am fasting too today.Had 3 cups of black tea already having a walk up town about 11 to get spinach eggs mushrooms and vine tomatoes for lunch.Having the Greek salad for tea.On your fasting day the food tastes so delicious.Good luck with the fast.

3pounds on over weekend..didn’t go too mad….wine calories I guess, fasting tomorrow, exercise and salad plus one juice smoothie today . Good luck everyone !

Great job with the Monday fasters. I thought I would shake it up this week and didn’t fast Monday and am fasting today instead.
    I have bought new batteries for my scales so hoping that will help. Hoping to leave my plateau behind me soon. 😀
    Good luck everyone today whatever you are doing.

Just weighed in.Lost 2 pounds great as I was at a standstill.
    Did lots of walking yesterday and really stuck to the 500 calories.
    Pilates class today for an hour.Just had a lovely breakfast tortilla homemade raspberry jam stilton cheese pastrami goats cheese and black tea with a little sugar.
    Will be fasting on Friday.
    Keep going ladies.Since I started this diet in June I have lost a stone (14 pounds) so it does work.
    Have 2 more stones to lose.

Well done, Chocolatier. That’s fantastic. 14 pounds since June is amazing.

I weighed in today too and have lost ½ kilo, which is about a pound so I am happy too. Aiming to be super careful until my next fasting day on Thursday.

Have a great day

Hi SP thank you .Happy for you that you have lost too.Keep going..

Wow Chocolatier that is great!!
    2 lbs is a great loss and the 14 lbs in the lady 2 months is just fantastic!! Hope it keeps moving for you.
    SP13 1/2 kg is great! That is so great for you. Keep it up!
    Hoping I can join you both with a loss this week!

14 pounds is stunning…and motivating on this wet Tuesday, love reading all the posts.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply.