The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

This topic contains 11,627 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,401 through 6,450 (of 11,673 total)

• Well I saw the physiotherapist today, who diagnosed a case of spine seized up, and did some work on mobilizing vertebrae and gave me a series of exercises. Funnily enough my back was just very stiff and tight when I saw her, but not painful and no clicking at all. Typical that on the day I see the physio the main symptoms are nowhere to be seen! I won’t mind that of course, so long as the exercises do the trick.

I think once it’s settled properly I’ll have to investigate something like yoga, to work on flexibility and full range of movement. I was always very loose limbed and flexible, but I’m definitely losing that (allowing it to go) as I age.

Hermaj,

I would never now have thought about acupuncture for anything other than pain relief, but of course it’s benefits are more wide ranging. Thank you for the reminder!

Back on the main topic…I fasted today. After a slightly excessive (hmm, sugar, think caramel…) and slothful weekend, it was great not to eat πŸ™‚

Sod’s law, Happy. You go for treatment and the problem you hope to be treated for disappears.

For you and anyone who is interested, this explains acupuncture far better than I ever could.
    http://www.acupuncture.org.uk/public-content/public-traditional-acupuncture/what-is-traditional-acupuncture.html

Hismaj began studying and practising Tai Chi/Qi Gong three or four years ago and last year qualified as an instructor. To his disgust, I simply don’t get Tai Chi (not uncommon in people who do brain work, according to my acupuncturist), but we are able to agree that the aims of acupuncture and Tai Chi are the same i.e. to restore the body’s equilibrium. The difference is that he seeks to achieve this actively, by doing all the movements and teaching others to follow, I achieve it passively, by submitting to the acupuncturist’s ministrations.

Did you mention caramel? I don’t have a particularly sweet tooth, but the invention of salted caramel is the work of the devil. Seriously evil but also divine.

I did mention caramel. Not my normal fodder, but when presented with it… Although, I do alternate two Twinings green teas – salted caramel and gingerbread πŸ™‚

Thanks for the link. I may have to submit sometime, just out of curiosity.

Hope those exercises work for you Happy – nothing worse than back problems.

Thanks for link Hermaj, I will check it out.

πŸ˜„

Hi Fast and Lichtle and others

Ready for Lent tomorrow and the sugar free challenge. Today I’ve eaten the last mango and the last of the poached apricots that I can have until Easter Sunday. 🌺🌺🌺
    No fruit juice, no fruit except for a few berries, no sugars or sweeteners of any kind, very little alcohol. This means no bread, or any kind of processed food, as they all have a sugar in them.

I’ve been trying to be totally sugar free for the last week, but haven’t succeeded until yesterday. Last square of dark chocolate was eaten on Sunday. We’re having 30 C days all this week and it’s much easier to fast when it’s hot. 🌞🌞.😎😎

To boost my resolve while being sugar free, I’ve reread the Michael Mosley book The 8-week Blood Sugar Diet. I realise that independent of each other Purple, Happy, Thin and I (and Merry) had all adopted the list of banned foodstuffs while trying to lose weight on 5:2. My motto was no white foods at all. No potato, rice, breads, pasta, sugar, or any kind of sweet stuff. It also assists the speed of weight loss if you have very little alcohol.

If you want to lose weight in a hurry, Dr Mosley recommends 800 calories a day for 8 weeks. The research is there and the average weight loss is greater than 1.5 kg per week. (Over 3 lb per week). You focus on eating leafy green vegetables, capsicums, salad vegetables, fish, seafood, lean chicken, pork, beef, lamb, eggs, some raw nuts, full fat yogurt. Recipes in the book use olive oil, avocado, lemon, pepper, garlic and other flavours like chilli etc. Fats and protein make you feel full.

He acknowledges that the hard part is maintaining the new way of life. Tell me about it. 😏😏

Cheers, Bay

Bay you’ll do it! You’re amazingly committed – look at all the planning you’ve already done!

Best of luck! πŸ™πŸ»

Bay, I salute you!! Anyone else thinking of joining in, please don’t be intimidated: Bay is spectacularly more conscientious than most of us. My version of sugar-free is ‘no added sugar’ – so fruit (intrinsic sugar, lots of fibre) is ok, but commercial peanut butter, for example, has to be carefully vetted by brand to ensure its sugar free – and salted caramel is off the menu, dammit!! In addition, Sundays don’t count (they are always feast days) – though last year Bay (who knows herself and how she works best) decided it was sensible to include them, as it was easier to keep going than to stop and start. You will know your own best way – so if you fancy joining in, even if just for part of the time, welcome on board, and feel free to set the rules you find work for you. ( And Lichtle, if you’re popping in to read this, PLEASE come back and join us!!

I am going to do my best, but it may not be able to be 100% as I’m facing some surgery some time in the next month or so. (Yes, I know – some people will do anything, etc etc…). Seeing consultant tomorrow so shall know more then, and will update. But I promise I’m ‘in’ as far as I possibly can be. And if I can’t manage 100%?sugar-free, it will have to be online clothes buying which goes….(actually that should go anyway – can I manage both at once…?)

I’m not yet in the happy position of being on Maintenance, but when I get there I’ll be bearing in mind this study, which has led to a large and expensive piece of research being set up in Boston. It’s designed to see what ongoing maintenance foods are most effective in keeping up energy and metabolism and thereby reducing the tendency of post dieters to put on weight again. The study used quite a small group. The research project will be very large.
    Here’s the link. If it doesn’t work, Google ‘Cara Ebberling’. She and Dr David Ludwig at Harvard are directing the new project. The study was done in 2012.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120626163801.htm

Thanks, Apricot – and come and join us as soon as you feel ready.

Thanks Carol and Fast. 🌺🌺🌺

I need all the help I can get. I haven’t added sugar or sweeteners to anything in years. However, I still have a sweet tooth, so when someone offers me a lovely home made treat I will have a small piece of cake or pie, except on fast days.

Therefore going sugar free for me means reading every label and knocking out any food that mentions any form of sugar, glucose, maltrose, fructose, sucrose, maple syrup, treacle or honey. It means no white starchy foods such as rice, pasta or potatoes that turn into sugar as soon as you eat them. No fruit juice or dried fruit, all relatively easy to do, as I eat very few white foods and no juices. It also means not having my one glass of wine or beer five days a week. That is harder. It also means no chocolates or other forms of sweet. 😬😬😬

I know that Purple and Thin and Happy seem to be able to treat themselves to one square of chocolate. Not me. However, to my delight I’ve found I no longer like the flavour of icecream, except for DILs home made icecream. One less item to consider.

Fast is right in that it is too hard for me to stop and start being seriously sugar free through Lent. However, I will treat myself to a glass of wine on Sundays. 🍷🍷

Cheers, Bay

Good for you Bay! You’re exercising lots of discipline and dedication. Cheering you on all the way! As you know, I lost the taste for booze following a previous large scale weight loss effort (one of several pre-5:2 where I ultimately gained it all back) and was reduced to enjoying a very occasional G&T. A couple of weeks ago, I treated myself to one, Australia Day I believe it was. I’m very particular about the quality of both the gin and, even more so, the tonic but it tasted like something better utilised in the car battery and I just couldn’t finish it. Disappointing on one level but certainly useful in keeping the weight down. I really don’t miss alcohol at all. But I believe you deserve that Sunday glass of wine Bay. A girl’s gotta have some fun. Is your OH doing this with you?

Hi ladies – I’m feeling really guilty, having just read Bay’s last post, but I think I’m going to have to bail out of then’sugar free’ bit this year, and just cheer you from the sidelines. I learned this morning that I’m facing bowel surgery in the next week or three, preceded by at least two investigatory sessions, and each test / op preceded by a 2-3,day fast, so I think I’m simply going to have to get my nourishment where I can, if I’m not to end up in bigger trouble. I’ll join you again for Advent. And at least I shan’t have to fit fast days round life for the next week or two – it seems they will BE life!
    I wish you well, Bay and anyone else sugar-fasting -I gather the hospital version of ‘fast’ equals a few refined carbs, nothing unrefined, no fruit or veg, so there will be equality of suffering!

Fast, under the circumstances I think you can be excused this year!

So sorry to hear you’re going to have bowel surgery. I understand from several family members that the investigations can be more unpleasant than the surgery itself, I hope that’s not the case for you.

While you might not feel up to the sugar-free challenge, remember that sugar feeds inflammation and don’t go too mad?

Thanks, Happpy – no, shall do my best to sta nutritionally healthy – I’m not looking forward to the loss of my whole grains, fruit and veg. But given the amount of fasting involved – and that my BMI is already on the low side, if pudding is the only think on offer I shall think twice before refusing. Hopefully I can be back on track fairly quickly.

On second thoughts, don’t think twice! We don’t want you wasting away to nothing!

Hi thin,
    Do you ever get called a spoilsport or a killjoy because you don’t drink alcohol? I went off the hard stuff 14 years ago when I stopped smoking. They say that giving up the ciggies makes things taste better. Not so in my case. Red wine tasted like vomit and G&T like something you would use to clean the loo. Also I realised that a drink was something to go with the ciggy and without the ciggy I didn’t want the booze. No one tries to tempt a non-smoker to have a puff, so why can’t they leave non-drinkers in peace.

Fast, very sorry to hear you are facing surgery. Hope everything goes well for you and you’ll soon be back on track feeling as fit as a flea.

Prayers for a speedy recovery Fast!

Hermaj,

Seeing as I rarely refuse a drink, I can’t really comment on the attitude of drinkers towards abstainers… But I find it’s the same with cake. People just can’t understand or accept that you really don’t want a piece of cake… You’re not on a diet are you? One piece won’t hurt you. You’ll hurt so-and-sos feelings if you don’t try it. Arghh, no I’m not on a diet, of course one piece wouldn’t hurt…I JUST DON’T WANT CAKE!!!

Booze or cake, Happy, if we don’t want it we don’t bloody want it, so there! That’s what all these silly people can’t understand. We’re not on some moral crusade.

At least with booze it’s unlikely that anyone would try the emotional blackmail as they do with cake. It’s like saying, Grandma will be so upset if you don’t have a few drinks, get loud and obnoxious and then puke on her Persian rug. πŸ™‚

Sounds like my kind of party πŸ™‚ Only I would never puke on the carpet…!

Hi Fast

Take care of yourself and don’t worry about any old sugar free challenge. You poor thing having to give up fruit and veg. All the best for a speedy recovery. 🌺🌺🌺

I don’t know why, but this year’s challenge is way easier than 2015. Today my first food is lunch of hard boiled egg, white beans, tomato, rocket and avocado with olive oil and pepper and sea salt. Delicious food.

Happy and Hermaj

I must be too ferocious but no one urges me to have cake once I’ve said no. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰. They probably guess that I will push back if they push me.

Cheers, Bay 😎😎

Hi Thin

OH is very slim and has never needed to diet. He loves his sugar in the form of jam or marmalade on toast, and pudding for dinner, and doesn’t seem interested in the info about sugar and dementia. I doubt he would ever consider going sugar free for a week, let alone Lent.

Like a lot of naturally slim people, as he has grown older, he has adjusted the amount he eats without thinking too much about it. Portion size is way smaller than 10 years ago. He now eats around 2.5 meals a day, not 3 as he used to. He exercises first thing every day, and is a very active person.

What I do, I do on my own. On a fast day, I make his dinner and either eat some of the lean protein and vegetables, or have my own soup.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Fast, I’m sorry to hear about your upcoming ordeal and hope all goes well for you. Don’t ever feel guilty about anything.

Hermaj, it’s funny how our tastes change isn’t it? I know, I’m not making a very good Aussie am I, what with not drinking much alcohol and not liking Vegemite. I can’t say I feel pressured into drinking but maybe that’s the circle of friends we currently have – we were possibly the ‘boozy’ ones in the group. It wasn’t until our daughter entered high school, that I started to realise that perhaps we hadn’t been the best role models as every social gathering with the parents of her friends seemed to revolve around alcohol. And plenty of it. I certainly drank more than my share when I was younger so perhaps it’s not a bad thing that I’m giving my addled brain a rest now. I’m relieved that our daughter isn’t at all interested in drinking or hanging out with people who do. There’s a fair amount of pressure in that age group. I still fancy the idea of a sundowner G&T when we go to Africa.

Happy, I agree completely. Why should we have to justify anything at our ages? And anyway, that one piece of cake probably WILL harm you. Sugar’s addictive! The thing I used to feel ‘guilty’ about was those awful ‘party plan’ invitations. It took me until about 40 to stop making excuses and just say, “no thanks, I don’t do party plan”.

Bay, pleased it’s going well for you. I’m sending even more respect your way now that I know you’re doing this alone and with all the sweet temptations in the house. Annoying skinny husbands.

Bay,
    Please can I share your lunch with you? If that’s part of a sugar-free diet, bring it on! I’d have to swap rocket, which for some reason I don’t like, with some other salad leaf, but otherwise every ingredient is among my favourite foods. I tend to tread a bit warily with avocado and white beans, i.e. save them for non-fast days, (now known as reasonably-careful days), because of the relatively high calorie count.
    Thin,
    I’ve never been a great drinker. I’ve probably been completely wasted only about 10 times in my whole life, usually unintentionally, i.e. due to complete misjudgment, and have hated it so much I’ve never ever gone out with the intention of getting completely out of it. I have been known to tip champagne into a plant pot after a few token sips just to be polite.

I have to say on those few occasions I’ve so misjudged things that I’ve got ill, I’ve always managed to avoid making a spectacle of myself by walking to the loo with great dignity to throw up in total privacy. I’m an emetophobe – I hate throwing up (the last interval between incidents was 33 years!) or having anyone else do so anywhere near me. This has always been enough to keep me off the booze and away from anyone who is approaching chuck-up point. Forgive my ignorance, but what is “party plan”?

Forgot to mention – Vegemite. If I hadn’t been used to Marmite, which I love, I might have thought its Aussie counterpart was fine. But comparing one with the other – no contest.

Don’t mention the war hermaj.

Party Plan is where someone who, up until that moment, had been your good friend, asks if you would host a party whereby you have to invite about ten people, who will now no longer consider you a friend, to your home for drinks and nibbles. You tell them there’s no obligation to buy anything, just come along and have some drinks. Your good friend brings along someone on a higher tier than herself with a range of goods that no-one either needs or wants and tries to pressure your mates into parting with large sums of money and, preferably, enrolling to another of her little minions. The more your friends buy, the more value to your hosting gift – which you also neither want or need. An example of this lunacy is Nutrimetics.

Ah Thin,

Yes, we do have the same in the UK. I find them embarrassing and awkward because these days I’m more careful with my money and try not to buy sh*t I don’t need!

Hi Fast
    So sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I do hope it all goes well and is not too uncomfortable.
    P x

Thanks, all, for thoughts and good wishes. Whoever it was who wrote that the investigations would be worse than the surgery – well, I’ll wait till after the surgery to confirm, but I suspect you’re spot on. But this isn’t to moan, but to say hooray for middle-aged women, especially nurses and radiographers who have taken me through a couple of procedures which nothing could make dignified, making them possible and almost normal-seeming by their warmth, care, giggling rudery and sheer humanity! More to come – but if it means meeting more women like this, it will be time, energy and dignity well lost for the experience. ‘What a piece of work is (wo)man’, indeed!

My experience too Fast. The warmth of nursing staff makes all sorts of things endurable. P ☺

Bay, how’s it going? Thinking of you πŸ˜…

Yes, I was thinking about her yesterday Fast! How’s it going Bay?

Everyone has been quiet. I hope it’s a good sign? Hi Carol and Fast. Hope all is well.
    I’ve accepted I need to do 2 proper fasts and very low carb for a few weeks to drop back a full kg and to reduce the spare tyre, if possible. I’m sick of bony me with a flabby midriff!!!
    I’m won’t be joining you on the sugar free, Bay, as I don’t do much sugar (my weakness is too much savoury) and am happy with basic 5:2. I respect you for your strength. Go girl! P 😊

Hi Fast, Carol, Purple 😏😏😏

Sorry to disappoint all you wonderful supporters. I have fallen off the sugar free wagon. Not by much, but enough to disappoint myself. I am going through a sad time at the moment and it has meant that in the grand scheme of things I am allowing myself some slack.

Next week, I intend to begin the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet to assist in getting my head straight again. Once I’m in the routine of mindful eating, I will go back to the ordinary 5:2 fasting.

The BSD has a Michael Mosley book with scientific research, tasty recipes and all round reasons why we’re going sugar free. It also has a website with blogs just like the 5:2. I won’t be joining as this is quite enough for me. 🌺🌺🌺

Thank you for your support, and I’m sorry I couldn’t do 100% sugar free this Lent. I haven’t given up. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ I have had many days sugar free, and will reframe my challenge to get as many sugar free days as possible through this Lent.

Cheers to you all, Bay β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈπŸŒžπŸŒž.
    On my second fast day this week, only coffee and water until soup in late afternoon, and salmon and green vegetables for dinner.

PS. Fast, how are the preparations going for the op?

It’s been so quiet I thought World War III had broken out while I wasn’t paying attention. Sorry, thin, I DID mention the war.

Fast, glad your hospital experience was made almost fun by the warm-hearted, funny women who were with you. I’m not one for hen parties or girlie gatherings, but such spontaneous and unexpected outbursts of “girl power” take a lot of beating.

Bay, it seems we all want a progress report on your sugar free time. I’m with Purple. The sweet stuff I can mostly resist but bring on a bucket of taramasalata – especially the smoked salmon version – and I’m anybody’s. πŸ™‚

I’m afraid I had a dietary disaster this week. I’m lactose intolerant, not so much so that I have to avoid dairy products altogether, but I have to tread warily. Without realising it, in the space of 24 hours, I had several, quite small, servings of cheese – Stilton, to be precise – a tbsp of Greek yogurt, a spot of ice cream…. Guess who felt as sick as a parrot and had to cancel two nice one-to-one evenings out, each with a close female friend. Plus I’ve got a big translation job to be getting on with. Not a happy bunny. Now I’m right off dairy, although I can still use lactose free milk. Serves me right!

Bay, you haven’t “failed” you’ve just adjusted your goals. 😊 Do the “doable” mate. X

Ah salmon, Herm, now you’ve won me…I have some in the fridge….
    I think “The war” Thin was referencing was the Vegemite (superior product) v that other nameless black stuff!!!!! πŸ‘ŽP πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I hear ya Bay! I notice my will power around food still gets affected if I feel sad or depressed.
    Im sorry to hear you are feeling sad. 😞 As Purple says, just a readjustment of goals and we all do that all the time. It’s why this WOL is doable and so great!

You have inspired sugarholic me to look at the MM BSD book. I got a book voucher for Xmas so may be able to put it to good use.

Sorry to hear your lactose woes hermaj, hope you feel better now. Question is – was it worth it?? 😊 the Stilton sounds magic to me!

Just lurking with interest but with nothing interesting to report. Here’s the Blood Sugar website Bay mentioned: https://thebloodsugardiet.com/ Fun to take the quizzes. I asked OH to take it and he sat right next to me and blatantly lied on almost every question. Hilarious. Completely in denial.

You’ll be fine Bay. And Hermaj. We’re all the same people we always were but now we have a toolkit. Sometimes we forget to carry it with us. I forgot mine yesterday, totally stuffed myself silly with a friend’s rum balls. I disgusted myself but today I’ve realised what I now consider ‘stuffing myself’ is nothing compared with how I was in the past. Two good walks with some serious HIT and I’m back under 60kgs.

Welcome to Australia Dr M.

Bay – that’s not failure, that’s sensible understanding that you can only put so much stress on mind and body, and being quite so ambitiously sugar-free while also coping with a sad time is too much to ask. It’s no different from my dropping out pre-surgery.
    Please don’t be disappointed in yourself – you’re doing wonderfully, even to think about starting again. That takes real courage – I hope the same courage, plus a little help from your friends, will see you safely through the sad time and out the other side. And you have my real admiration for persevering after a hiccup.

Thanks for asking about op prep. Haiatus (sp?) at the moment as two investigatory tests were needed – one to check what’s actually happening, one to eliminate real nasties – and the hospital booked them in the wrong order, so I have to wait 3 weeks between them. The second one now due on March 7; op hopefully the following weekπŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ. I’ve just realised that brings me so far through Lent that I could actually restart sugar-free with you. Would some company help? I shan’t be as strict as you (never was!) as I don’t want to go into surgery nderweight, but well nourished and with wiggle room would be good, as I’ll probably have a few low-exercise weeks afterwards. Reached the stage now where I just want to get it done and over!

Ive checked out the link to BSD and it has decided me to get the book. I took the quiz and I got a score of 9′ which is OK but need to keep an eye on CHO intake. I’m intrigued because by the look of the recipes not all starchy CHO is omitted. I just can’t imagine life without some sort of starch at times, plus my weight is very stable and quite low at present and don’t really wNt to lose anymore. I envy you your FD breakfasts Bay, which I think is salmon and spinach? I can have that once or twice a week but not every day. And I love my fruit! That’s probably my downfall. I think I will try the Mediterranean diet that has two 800 calories days per week.

As you say Thin, stuffing ourselves these days is nothing compared to what it was! πŸ˜‰

I’m good thanks Purple, enjoying beautiful summer weather over here, not too hot.

Happy has your back fixed itself?

Hi Carol, Most non fast days my breakfast is eggs of some form with spinach or rocket. Very occasionally I have smoked salmon with the eggs. On fast days breakfast is a cup of coffee.

Hi Thin, Purple, Fast, Happy, Carol and Hermaj
    Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it and feel nurtured by my cyber friends. 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Just finished my second fast day of the week. No food for 24 hours, then grilled salmon, green beans, and mixture of capsicum, bok choy and tomato. Yummy fast day. Off to sleep soon. It was a beautiful 26 C day with a gentle breeze. Perfect weather.

Take care all you wonderful women. Bay β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

Hi Fast

I was thinking I would try the BSD next week after family have gone home, effectively sugar free. Except I think I will continue with a few berries each day, and the odd glass of red wine. 🍷🍷. So I won’t be as strict as I intended. I’ll be doing what’s doable. Hope Samm is ok.

Good luck with all the prep. πŸ’πŸ’
    Cheers, Bay

Good thinking, Bay. Will be thinking of you x

Hermaj, Happy, re our conversation on pressure to eat from others

Yesterday I caught up with friends for a coffee, and it turned into an impromptu lunch with five ladies. Not one of them urged me to eat, once I had said I didn’t feel like eating. It was a fast day for me, but I didn’t actually say that I was fasting. Because the truth was that if I had liked what I saw, I might have chosen a very light lunch. I sipped a mineral water with a slice of lemon, while they ate, and I didn’t feel hungry at all.

I fasted Monday and Wednesday and have lost 1.5 kg between Monday morning and Thursday morning. In preparation for the various family dinners before and after the wake. Good to remember people with a few glasses of red wine, and lots of laughing reminiscences over a shared meal or two.

Thanks all for,your support. Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Purple, you are so right about not being hungry after ADF. I started to cook myself an egg, decided I wasn’t hungry, and gave the egg to the dog. Happy dog. 😏😏 Bay

Lucky dog, Bay. ☺🐢
    And well done on the lunch. If you are in a non eating frame, it is surprising how you can watch others eating, even cook for them and not need to eat.
    Thinking of you over the next few days. X P

Hi Purple, do you remember me from a few months back having problems getting past a plateau which seemed to go on for ever, around 10 months I think….must be a record, but I did have spinal surgery and my gall bladder removed which may have caused the hold up, any way good news is, the back of the plateau is broken. I was stuck on 75K, down from 99.5K and this morning, 71.1K. Thank you to you and your team for the suggestions and support. My body seems to be back in a downward trend again, it tends to come in bouts rather than steadily on a weekly basis, but I’ll accept whatever I get. I’m happy to stay where I am, but if more falls off, with fasting twice a week, then it’s all unexpected bonuses ☺️ Just thought I’d touch base with you and thank you again..πŸ˜‰Xxxxxx

Great news Countrygal!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    I’m so pleased you stayed the distance. Many people seem to experience that “fits and starts” thing. As long as you keep on the straight and narrow, eating less than maintenance, you WILL lose weight.
    I’m glad your medical problems are behind you, too. Give yourself a big pat on the back!!!
    Cheers Purple

Hi All,

I’ve had a busy few days, with barely time to read let alone post.

Carol, thanks for asking, my back is much better than it was. Touch wood… I’ve not popped it out for 10 days or so, and I have got a lot more mobility in the spine. It’s generally achy, but I guess it will just take time. And exercise.

Thin, thanks for the laugh about your OH blatantly lying on the quiz. Mine would do the same. He really can’t see his development was arrested at age 13 πŸ™‚

Bay, sorry you’re having a tough time. You’re still getting good results though. I already do eat quite a lot of Med-style food, but i’m definitely going to take more recipe ideas from the book.

Hermaj, sorry to hear about your sick as a parrot day. Poor you. I must admit I’d be devastated if I couldn’t scoff cheese.

Fast, how very frustrating re: your hiatus. I can well imagine just wanting to get it all over and done with.

I had bread and cake and wine last night, with friends. Luckily today I was in the office, because the urge to eat more sugar was upon me. I had some dried fruit, but managed not to raid the freezer when I got home for the cake I know is lurking in there. Fasting tomorrow, which I hope will be easy as OH is away.

Hi Countrygal, congratulations! I thought for a minute I’d posted on the wrong thread πŸ™‚

Hi P!

Viewing 50 posts - 6,401 through 6,450 (of 11,673 total)

You must be logged in to reply.