Success Stories!

This topic contains 152 replies, has 103 voices, and was last updated by  StrangerOnTheShore 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)

• Hi All,

I have been on 16:8 for 2 weeks and happily lost 3kg. I am 5’2 and my starting weight was 64kg.
    I do not have time to do exercising during my fasting period, but I go to gym every weekday within 8 hours which is non fast.
    Looking forward to see my weight at 55kg…!!!

I can’t tell you how excited I am about this new way of eating! I’ve been living the low carb lifestyle for 4 years now and it’s been pretty great. I was able to loose around 30 lbs (sorry, I’m American) and maintain my weight pretty well. I started out at like 185 and got down to where I was fluctuating between 155-165. I always thought I’d get a little lighter and get a little smaller around the waist, but it never seemed to be happening. I even do old school Jane Fonda and Jazzercise workouts every day of the week and do kettle bell weight training 3 times a week and walk my dog everyday!

I had read a little about intermittent fasting before, but I saw something pretty early on in my research about it not working for women or causing fertility problems so I abandoned that idea. Then I went on a vacation and went “carb crazy” as I call it, and gained 10 lbs that would. not. budge. Even when I was being super strict about my carbs.

So I started researching again and thought since I don’t want to have kids anyways, who cares if it messes up my fertility, lol (and the research of fertility was with rats, so it might not apply to humans anyways). I found this site and I can’t even tell you how happy I am! In 5 weeks I’ve lost those stubborn 10 lbs and gotten even lower than I expected! That with having 2 carby treat meals a week to boot! This way of eating is so great, I can still have the things I was missing, but I don’t even want to over eat the way I did before. And after I’ve eaten dinner and my dessert, even if I get “hungry” for a snack, it’s so easy to be like, “meh, I’ve had enough food for today, I’ll eat again tomorrow.” I never thought I could ever get to this point! It feels like magic!

I do a 500 cal fast on Mondays and Wednesdays, and then do an “eating windowish” thing where I just skip breakfast on the feast days and eat a little more for lunch and dinner, staying at or around the TDEE. I have no fear that I can eat like this forever going forward. It works so well for me and keeps things so simple, and I do feel energized and efficient! Thank you for everyone who posted before! When I was starting out and nervous it really helped to read all the forums.

My success story is that I am finding it more and more easy to do my Fast Days. I am getting much less hungry and I don’t get irritable any more.

This year, I managed to do some Fast Days during the Christmas period, which meant that I actually LOST weight during the holiday season. Now that is a MIRACLE!

These days, I am now able to go until 4pm without eating. This is great as it means that I can have more food during my tough period, which always occurs between 5pm and 7pm.

I used to have to eat at 10am as I used to get so hungry!

Some of my tips:-

1. Only eat protein and fat on Fast Days.

2. I find it easier to cope if I measure out in advance all of my food for the whole day. So when I eat some of my food allowance, I can see how much I have left for later. This really helped in the early days when I could only get to 10am without any food!

3. I don’t eat any carbs / sugar / chocolate the night before. I only eat protein, fat and veg for my evening meal the night before. (However I do have wine or other alcohol the night before!). I find that I get much less hungry on a Fast Day if I have prepared well the previous evening.

4. If I am doing a Fast Day whilst out and about, I pre-cook an omelette. (4 eggs, 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil and throw in some veg such as tomatoes OR spinach. Then I put the sliced omelette in a tupperware and eat it whilst travelling etc. This makes it very easy to stick to.

Lastly, one of the reasons I like the 5:2 so much is that I really do eat/drink anything I want on the other 5 days, but still lose weight! Guilt free :0)

The stories are so inspirational. I am going to incorporate the 5:2 diet into my already successful 1700 calories per day diet. I do find that a couple of people here are going way too low on their calories on non-fast days. This is not healthy and will make it that much harder to maintain. The non-fast days are supposed to be the way you will remain your weight after reaching goal with perhaps one fasting day a week. Your body will be used to this calorie level day after day to keep the weight off. I just thought I would mention this. We all want to reach our goal weights, but it should be done in a healthy way.

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)

You must be logged in to reply.