Stuck

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mixed 9 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I have been on this diet for five weeks. In the first two weeks I lost an impressive 6lbs, but since then I have got stuck on 12 stones! This gives me a BMI of 27 which is not bad, but ideally should be a little less. However, despite my best efforts of dieting and exercising, I seem incapable of shedding more pounds. I wonder if I should simply accept that this is my true weight, and not try to lose more?

Hi M
    ” I wonder if I should simply accept that this is my true weight, and not try to lose more?”
    NO. You can get down to a BMI of 25 or 24 if you want. I have been stuck a couple of times too. You just need to examine more carefully what you are eating and drinking and how you are fasting. I have extended my fast to 36 hours and I am sure that will help me and you. I start my fast some time between 10pm and midnight and today it is nearly mid-day (in Spain) and I have only eaten an orange so far after a full day on diet yesterday. We are entertaining friends tonight and are having German-style cheesecake for dessert. I can behave for a reward like that. Next week I might do 3 days fasting. My aim is to get to a position like Michael Mosley, where I just fast one day per week. I exercised more than I have done for a long time last week including on diet days and feel much better for that too. Keep a self-critical attitude to your diet and you will win.
    Oh. and keep busy – mentally and physically.

Thanks Mark – Yes, I was thinking about extending my fast into at least part of the next day which should work. I do walking and swimming most days, so can’t really add to that. Interested that you have experienced being ‘stuck’ too.
    Enjoy Spain and your friends tonight!

As Mark suggests, you need to look at what you are eating and drinking. My bet is on eating too much on non fast days which is a common issue as most of us are overweight because our idea of normal is actually overeating.
    A fast day should start after dinner on for example, Sunday and not end until you eat on Tuesday. There are many on here who don’t break their fast before lunchtime after a fast day, and many who don’t eat before lunchtime on any day.
    I’m sure if you count calories for a week and check your TDEE you’ll find you’ve been eating too much and will be able to make the necessary changes.
    If you’ve not calculated your TDEE yet go to the top of the page and click on “how it works”
    It pays to under estimate your exercise or eat less than your TDEE.

Good luck.

Hi Mixed and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week. You are right on that average.

Just keep doing 5:2 correctly and you will be fine. You might check numbers two and three in this post for a bit more information: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thank you simcoeluv for your encouraging reply and interesting links.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.