Struggling….!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ChetSinger 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there everyone,

I hope you’re well. I was wondering if I could please have some advice…

I’ve lost 7.5kg of mainly fat since May 2016, and am happy with that. I’m not looking to lose anymore weight, I weigh about 68kg and am 5.10, 43 male. I train hard six days a week and teach a spin class once a week (I am a personal trainer):

I do three big full body weight sessions, three 60-85 min cardio sessions (I mix it up) and sometimes on a Sunday (gym rest day) I’ll do a 7-8 mile walk with the dog. I teach spin once a week too. My work these days is more desk-based.

My diet is strictly wholefoods only and 90% vegetarian. I eat tons of veggies, a little fruit, oats, sugar-free muesli and I supplement with PhD Diet Whey. I drink water, black tea or black coffee (no sugar, sometimes stevia).

My BMR is 1600.

I wake at 5am, eat at 5.15am and train at 6.30am. I train best fuelled up so I have about 1200 cals at breakfast, train hard and don’t eat again til 9pm, when I have veggies, about 400 calories. So I always stay in caloric deficit. On cardio days I’ll take on a lot more calories, but I still end up under my BMR.

I weigh and track my food with the Fat Secret app.

My issue is that I get terrible dizziness, I feel miserable sometimes and my movements like walking etc slow down. I find myself finding myself feeling hungry straight after I eat, I can’t wait to eat again, I just get so hungry but I never give in. I do feel like I’m suffering and I don’t think it should be like that.

On Saturdays I have a clean refeed and probably end up 200 calories over my BMR. My weight is fluctuating between 67kg and 68.4kg.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

The usual cause of dizziness in someone who is healthy is dehydration. Do you drink enough water?
    You say your diet is 90% vegetarian so the next thing to do is check if your diet is balanced, are you getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs?
    Maybe you should see your GP to check that there isn’t an underlying medical issue.

Hi Amazon,

Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it.

I do drink quite a lot of water and I get a lot of fluid from my vegetable intake. I think my protein may be a little low but I’ve done some research and I’m going to change to 14:10 (without upping my calories) to see how that goes.

I take multivits and get a lot of micronutrients from my diet.

Chronic dizziness can result from a wide variety of reasons, from benign to serious. Not all of them can be self-diagnosed. I suggest you visit a doctor about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.