Starting this week

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kayjay7712 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Gotta admit I’m a little nervous!! Any tips for a beginner?

Hi KayJay,
    I will be starting tomorrow as well. I picked Monday and Thursday. Good luck to you! I have no advice, but thought I would join this thread, since we are both starting at the same time

I think i will do Tues and Thurs this week and see how it goes.

Ok, day one fasting finished last night. This morning I weighed in 2.4 pounds less. I am sure mostly water, but encouraging non the less. I had 2 boiled eggs, 5 asparagus spears and a small grapefruit at 10 am. For dinner I had 4cups of shredded brocolii/lettuce mix, with 1/2 cup tuna on top drizzled with redwine vinegar.
    No lunch. This definitely sustained me throughtout the day, but I was real busy during the day…that helped! Good luck on yours today.

I am starting 4:3 tomorrow, I am going to do fast days Monday, Wednesday & Friday. I am hoping to go from 160lb’s to around 145lb. I had a baby in September & am now ready to tackle all my excess baby weight.
    Can I ask what calorie level you’re aiming for on fast days?

Thank you

I am targeting for 500 calories or less. Good luck to you and congrats on the baby.

I’m new as well and I started on Monday. I actually thought this was going to be really hard and was a bit apprehensive, but the day flew by and I found that after I’d eaten at night time I was more hungry than what I’d been all day! ( I tried the Tortilla Pizza out of the diet recipe book)

I decided because it was the first day to take a boiled egg to work with me, in case I started to feel a bit woozy! But I didn’t need it in the end and found that the hunger pans went after about 20 mins!

Good luck! x

So far so good. I’ve had a cucumber and an apple. How do you deal with the comments and looks from coworkers? “Why aren’t you eating?”

To be honest, that hasn’t happened. Although, I would probably just say the truth and if that is not something you are comfortable with, then tell them you are not that hungry. I have found my whole life that when I am dieting people say “oh” with somewhat of a jealous feeling. Because weight loss is something most need, but those who are not disciplined get jealous of those who are…so do not take it personally! Be proud that it is you taking the plunge!

Also, Kayjay. Maybe they will want to join you, who knows.

Thanks! I think I will just go with I’m not that hungry, I had a big breakfast something like that. and as was mentioned above. People say things like oh and they are jealous or judge mental.

I just told my colleagues the truth! And actually found that they were really supportive! A lot of them told me about friends or family that had tried this diet and how much they have lost, so actually found it really helpful! You never know it might just give you that extra boost especially if someone else wants to help you along! X

I made it the whole day! Felt nauseous in the middle of the night though, anyone else have that feeling?

Oh No Kayjay, so sorry you felt sick. I take a sleeping pill, so nothing wakes me up usually. Maybe it would help. It is just a generic sleep aid, but works for me. Congrats on making it through your first day!

Thanks! I won’t be able to do two fasts this week due to social obligations (St Patrick’s Day is a big deal for my family…) But this was good “practice” so I know what to do next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.