Starting this week

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello all 😊 This is me just setting out. I have been cutting back since start of Jan and lost 14 lb with diet and exercise. But I have another two stone to go and a 15k race in July.

I know it isn’t sustainable without a real change. So here goes… I’m planning to fast on Sunday and Tuesday which are the start and middle of my working week. Not bothered about breakfast anyway so planning a salad lunch then a dinner I can eat with my son (rice or pasta for him but not for me).

Wish me luck!!

Good luck, LindsayGil. Is there enough protein in your menu? It helps you to feel fuller longer. For example, some salmon and egg in your salad at lunch. Some chicken or other lean protein at dinner.

Dinner idea: Prepare 2 servings and add a side of rice or pasta for your son.
    Baked White Fish with cheese: 145 calories 5.9 g fat 0 g fiber 33 g protein 0.2 g carb 129 mg Calcium PB GF Another winner from the Fast Diet book.
    6 oz firm white fish fillets such as haddock or cod 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated Your choice of vegetables to add up to 125 calories: ½ cup pickled beets [74 cal] 3 oz green beans [26 cal] ½ cup peas [62 calories] ½ cup carrot coins [12 cal] 3 oz broccoli florets [30 cal] 2 oz parsnip, sliced as coins [42 cal] 1 cups salad greens + ½ tsp lemon juice + 1 tsp olive oil [48 cal] 3 oz tomatoes [15 cal]
    Heat the oven to 400 F. Put the fish in an oven-proof dish which has been lightly smeared with olive oil. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables of your choice.

Here’s another:
    Red Beans & Rice: 295 calories 1.2 g. fat 13 g. protein 57.5 g. carb PB GF This is the old classic recipe for the ‘perfect protein’. Once we were afraid that we wouldn’t like it, since it sounds bland, but we do like it. Yeah, you’re right, the carbs are way out of control, but these complex carbs are really good. HINT: This is enough for 4 servings! Either have a gathering or cut the recipe or freeze for later.
    1 and 3/4 cups brown rice, cooked ½ cup celery, chopped ½ cup sweet yellow or other color pepper, diced 1 cup onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced ¾ cup crushed tomato oregano black pepper 1 and 3/4 cups red beans, drained and rinsed [Goya brand is very good] ½ cup green beans or peas
    Cook the rice. Saute the celery, pepper, and onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Add the tomato sauce and seasonings. Stir in the red beans and heat through. When the rice is done, add 1 and 3/4 cups to the mixture. HINT: if there is extra rice, it freezes well. Serve with the cooked green vegetable.

These sound great. Thank you for going to so much trouble. I think you are right about protein. It adds up so quickly it’s almost easier to miss it out, but a mistake to do so!
    I found the fasting easier than I thought (Tuesday is so busy I don’t really get time to eat so I saved my salad for dinner) but ate sweet potato curry at dinner, which means less protein.
    I LOVE baked fish, especially salmon, so I’m going to do your recipe. Also, adding beans works with a lot of things so I’ll try that too.
    Thanks for the encouragement, 🙂

If you like salmon, you’ll love this:
    Salmon Roasted with Tomatoes: 288 calories 14.5 g fat 2.9 g fiber 27.6 g protein 7.9 g carbs 268 mg Calcium PB GF One of the earliest meals we made when starting the Fast Diet, this recipe hails from the Fast Diet book in a slightly altered form. Still a favorite. Quick and delicious.
    4 oz salmon 10 cherry tomatoes [5 oz] 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated ½ cup green beans or 2 oz sugar snap peas seasonings to taste
    Spritz a small oven-proof pan with olive oil or non-stick spray. Put the salmon in the pan and sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Arrange the tomatoes on/around the salmon. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Meanwhile steam the green vegetables. So easy. So yummy.

Glad your Tuesday Fast went well. Keep on keeping on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.