Starting the 5:2 to fix my health

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi All,

My name is Zac. I am starting the 5:2 diet after a disturbing visit to my doctor.
    You can follow my journey on my personal blog http://www.bn-ro.com which I hope to keep updated pretty regularly.

Hi everyone,
    I was reading about this Fast Diet and I wanted to give it a try. My motivation is that I want to lose weight. I used to be 220 lbs 7 years ago when I got married and the weight increased gradually and the amount of my activities reduced due to family obligations and life style.
    I started my diet 10 days ago to fast everyday except the weekend. I don’t eat anything from 10:30 pm to 7 pm the next day. 20 hours of fasting and 4 hours of eating window. I only drink water and 2 cups of coffee on my 20 hours fasting days. The first couple of days it was difficult but gradually it got batter and I wasn’t thinking about food or eating. After the first week I weighted myself and I was down 5 lbs but since I have gained all back again when i weighted myself again today. I am still fasting as usual of my 20 hours not eating.
    anyone has any suggestions I could use?

Wow Mory! You managed to fast for 20 hours for 5 days in a row? This is truly amazing that you have such strong will power.

I too have just started the fast diet but had a false start a few weeks ago. I thought fast diet was about eating 500 calories within 24 hours, 2 days a week, and didn’t do the fasting bit. I read the Fast Diet book last week and found the information very useful and have started properly this week. Now I’m very aware of what and why I’m eating and have lost weight even on non-fast days. More importantly I believe this is a long term sustainable life style change I can achieve.

My suggestion to you is to read the book, then you can decide how to adjust the diet/fasting.

All the best.

It was manageable but my goal is to lose weight and so far the results hasn’t arrived or noticeable. I don’t want to stop it and would want to continue with the fasting but if it doesn’t give me results I would have to change something. Not sure why the results hasn’t been noticeable

Hi All…

Fasting is two days a week working to eat more normally the other days…it is a way of life long term not a diet…it also has the health benefits…it’s stopping having processed foods and sugar, lowering your potatoes, bread, pasta and rice…eating as healthy as you can..

After a while..maybe 6 months..you could throw an extra fast day in to kick start a plateau for a few weeks…listen to your body..

Doing 5 days fasting a week I would think isn’t doing your body any good at all..as Phoenix says read the book and get an understanding why we are doing this…

Good luck to you all…you could easily loose 2 stone over 4 months but it is a way of life! Take it slowly..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.