starting Monday 5/1/15

This topic contains 739 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by  Pat from SC 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 740 total)

• Thanks for the tip Kirsty. I was using emoticons so I’ll try again without them. I was just going to say that tomorrow is my first fast day of week 2. I found week 1 fairly easy but that may have been the novelty factor which could be missing next week! I managed not to eat until 2ish and then ate some porridge with almond milk. I also measure out 100ml of milk (17 cals) to use in my drinks and when that has gone I drink green tea and diet coke. Mushroom omelettes and salad are my usual tea with plums or strawberries and that leaves enough cals for a packet of French fries in the evening when I get the nibbles! Reading all your posts has been really helpful so far and its great to read the success stories. I lost 6lb in the first week which I was so pleased about but I have got a long way still to go. Good luck everyone.

Hi all, hope you had a good weekend. Started week 2 today, fasting tomorrow. My other half has decided to join me now. Both his and my parents are also doing it so I think he’s seeing the good it’s doing. I’m slightly worried though because he’s a builder and it’s very physical. He’s self employed so can’t rely on others to pick up the physical side when he’s fasting. How can I get him to get enough energy and nutrients on fast days?

Well done to everyone on week one completed! It will take a few more weeks before I can say I’ve got the hang of this and it has now become a habit. I started last June and gave up within a couple of weeks so this time I’m focused. Good start last week , lost 3lbs, but oopsy it all went on again as I ate what I wanted to for the rest of the time.So …. Starting again today and stuck to 500 and I will stay within the healthy range on non fast days.

Just one question, can you eat carbs within the calorie allowance on fast days or is it better to stay clear of them?

I’m in Ireland

Hi everyone, well started off with a really good weight loss, 3kg, only to weigh this morning to find I had put 1/2 kg on, I know its not a lot but feel very disheartened.

Has this happened to any one else?

On my non fast days I am sticking to 1200 cals (only short 5.2in) so don’t think I am over eating.

Thinking of trying 4.3 this week to see if I can kick start some weight loss, any thought would be welcome.

In rainy Australia

Hi All!

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a wonderful weekend–but I drank way to much wine when wine tasting and ate way too much, but it was a good birthday! Today I am back for my fast.

Nicky08–I was down 2.6lbs (about 1kg? I think) and now I am back up half a pound from my original starting weight! šŸ™ But I probably should not have weighed myself after a weekend of indulgence… I have set my new weigh in day to Fridays–Mondays are WAY too discouraging! I might move to a 4:3 but I am doing things one step at a time… Next step is to actually get my a$$ to the gym!

This is a great group–very encouraging! I want to lose at least 20-30lbs in the next 6 months, so I may have to step it up!!!

I am in Southern California. šŸ™‚

Hi guys, I started the diet yesterday and stuck to under 500 calories. I will do the same today. Iā€™m 18, 11.7 stone and 5ā€™5/6.. Any idea how much weight I could probably lose in 2 weeks?

Hi lusherx and welcome:

Can’t answer. Weight loss is a long term project, not short term exercise. You can gain or lose two or more pounds a day regardless of whether you eat a lot or none at all.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. Number 4 will explain the math.

Good Luck!

Hey Lusherx,

I am quite similar to your situation. I am also 18 and am only two weeks into the diet. I am about 5’7″ and weigh 68kg – want to lose about 8kg. I find that overall I am losing weight but I fluctuate MAJORLY over the week. Like I’m talking 3 or so kg. So really I think its better to just weigh yourself right after a low day because that’ll show you the effort you put in payed off. Let me know how you are going, I would LOVE to have a 5:2 buddy šŸ™‚

Miranda xx

Thanks Simcoeluv! & thank you miss hickey, it’s nice to have someone who is the same age! I will weigh myself on Wednesday then. I’m really hoping to get down to 10 stone xx

This forum is brilliant, so much support.

So i fasted yesterday and i am also going to add wed and thurs this week, will weigh in on Friday so will let you know if it has worked.

Nicky

First weigh in – yo! 3lbs down and 15 to go! An inch off the waist (ok water so what) so that is a grand inducement to persevere!!! Well appreciated a cheese(chose leerdammer as hopefully better) with heaps of rocket in a ciabatta roll on Sunday! Oh it tasted so good and well deserved after a day of housework ( more like winter grime clean!). But other than that have been good on non fast days as well as the Monday n Thursday! Still dry too…… But that is wavering – but reading this blog means I am not th only one!
    Well done one and all and good luck everyone. Oh happy days ho ho!

First weigh in too loss of 2.5 in six days struggled with fast day yesterday headache all day but I will persevere only 53.5 lb to lose slowly but surely x

Well done on the losses and welcome newcomers
    Yesterdays fast was good I felt hungry around mid evening but resisted temptation.
    Going to make a WW bolognese today, it tastes delicious and low in cals compared to the one I normally make, I’ll just be sensible with portion control instead of piling my plate up.
    Good luck everyone

Hi all. Yesterdays fast went really well again im finding them very easy i think this plan is perfect for me because i would often go a whole day without eating until dinner but then for dinner i would have a massive platefull of fatty food then snack on chocolate and crisps in the evening that habit has now completely died im feeling fab with tons of energy im loving it. Started this at 11 stone 4. Goal is to get to 9 stone by July.

Hi all – hope we are all well this morning.

Yesterday’s fast went well – managed to sustain myself on water and herbal teas all day. I made a bolognase sauce with tinned chopped tomatoes (80 cal per can) lean mince (458 for the whole pack), garlic, mushrooms, and pepper. It made 3 servings, so I had a third of it – I served it with a handful of slim pasta (20 calories) and a side of broccoli – not sure about the calories but can’t have been more than about 40/50. Then I had an Options Hot Chocolate and a small celebrations Mars chocolate. I also cracked at about 10pm just before bed and had a water biscuit with a bit of low fat soft cheese which I was disappointed in myself for, but overall it was ok I think.

Weighed myself again this morning and despite having eaten whatever I wanted this weekend, (albeit I did work out twice for an hour each time) I am down another pound. Takes my total loss to 4lb which is very pleasing and hope I manage to keep it up.

I am not fasting today but will going to the gym and fasting on Wednesday.

Good luck to those fasting today, we can do this!

HI Kristy I definitely notice a difference with my energy levels too. Loving it so far!

well done little dragon!

Thanks Yvonnek07 – how are you doing with your fasting? What are your goals and how is your progress?

Im doing good so far Littledragon. Im on my second week. Three fasts down. Found last one the hardest for someone reason!

I am not weighing myself at the moment. Might leave it a month. I am feel much less bloated and more energy.

I have a holiday booked for June so hoping to be slimmer by then. Have a good bit to lose though

Wishing you all the best – I need to book a holiday so that I have something to look forward to and work towards! Where are you off to in June?

I havnt weighed myself either Yvonne. I didbefore i started and im waiting a month before i do. Well done Little Dragon on your lose. Love hearing how well everyone is doing

I don’t have enough will power to avoid weighing myself – I tend to weigh every few days just to keep an eye on things!

Im off to France to a campsite with the family. I cant wait now as we have never been abroad as a family!! Its something to look forward to for sure.

Oh good Kirsty I wasn’t sure if I was making the right decision but I know sometimes in the past if I didn’t lose one week I would fall of the wagon totally.

I live in Ireland btw šŸ™‚

This is my second week of 4:3 and I am not having any issues on the fasting days so far except I maybe am finding sleep a little more difficult but hopefully that will correct itself over time (and maybe with added exercise). I just drink plenty of water and green or white tea during work and eat when I get home.

Am going to make a recipie I saw on Lorraine last week- turkey chilli with cauliflower rice – later on. Their website says it is under 500cals a bowl but I will tot it up exactly later on and see. This isn’t a fast day for me anyway but still trying to be as good as I can. I am looking forward to a creme egg later though!!

Yvonne have a wonderful time camping in France, definitely something to pitch your weight loss to (excuse the pun, haha).

You guys are definitely right to not weigh until the end of the month. The only reason I am doing this is because I want to track things every few days – I am hoping for a good loss in the first few weeks then expecting it to slow down a lot later on.

I did quite well on the fasting diet last year but ended up becoming despondent because i plateaued and didn’t lose anything for ages, then the pounds crept back on and I sort of though well what the heck and started eating everything in November and December and I was almost back up to my starting weight. Keeping an eye on things helps me stay on track. I had considered 4:3 but 5:2 I did it once last year and struggled, so I don’t think I will do it this year. 2 days of fasting is enough for me.

LoLoMo i live cream eggs yumm!! Im thinkin of adding an extra fast day since i find it quite easy will do 5:2 this week then a 4:3 next week and see how it feels šŸ™‚ Yvonne thats good you feel better not weighing yet. Where in Ireland are you from?

I would like to be able to not focus so heavily on the number on the scales but having dieted on and off for years I am very attached!! It doesnt help that we keep a set in the office…we’re up and down on them all day, everyday. I know thats probably extreme but I feel, like Little Dragon, more able to keep a track and eye on things weighing at least every couple of days.
    I’m from Ireland too- Donegal, where it is snowing today!

Hi guys Im from Meath. Working in Dublin. Yes lolomo my mother lives in Donegal and she text me this morning about the snow! She lives in Donegal town. So glad there has only been a little bit of snow in Meath today! Not a fan of driving in it. šŸ™‚

LoLo Mo im up North near Belfast had a bit of snow today but not heavy. Altho its supposed to snow during the night so might be heavier i hope not i hate snow

I am battling exhaustion at the end of a fast day… Is anyone else having this issue? I fell asleep last night at 8pm, woke up at 10pm and couldn’t sleep again until 2am. šŸ™

Hi thrivealive can’t say I have had exhaustion although I did have headaches yesterday, I tried to drink plenty to keep hydrated but it didnt help much. It will be worth it if I can shift some weight though.

Hey thrivealive. I had the same thing on my first fast day but I found that mine went away. Might sound silly but I found that a bit of meditation before sleep helped it. I listened to some music and just laid still on my bed taking some really deep breaths. I found that it kind of relaxed me and got me ready for bed.

Thanks guys! I had my 3rd Fast Day yesterday and I can’t seem to kick the exhaustion!!! Hopefully I can get used to it soon.

I am finding it difficult to sleep as well, its a pain as apart from this feel really great.

My sleep has definitely been disturbed. I am taking a bit longer to fall asleep and am waking up intermittently during the night and earlier generally. I’m hoping that if I add in some exercise (I try to do as little as possible at the minute becuase I can’t stand it!) I may find it helps a bit.

Hi everyone, I had my first two fast days on Monday and Tuesday just gone. I’ve also gone to then gym, but have noticed a definite disturbance to my ability to get to sleep. I also have a very sore throat, maybe I haven’t drank enough?

Hi, I’ve also notice a difference in sleep. I tend to sleep better on a fast day, than a normal day. I’m on my 2nd fast day this week and I’m thinking about fasting on Friday as well as I’m going out both Saturday and Sunday. I still can’t believe after a little struggle last week how easy this diet is. It helps massively with everyone’s support in the forum šŸ˜‰

Absolutely chuffed to find that I’ve gone from 11.7 stone (from Sunday) to 11.2 stone today!! So happy and will definitely be continuing with this diet. My aim is to get to 10 stone, and I am more motivated than ever now!!

Hello everyone can you believe its the middle of week 2. 4th fast tomorow šŸ™‚ i havnt eaten today yet have been super busy and just now grabbing a quick coffee. A few things i have noticed is my appetite has gone down loads since starting this. I get some tummy pains on eat days which is strange and get very bloated after i eat but i put this down to my tummy shrinking hopefully. I havnt had no trouble sleeping at all but i find im always freezing especially on fast days. The positives so far is i have heaps more energy im feeling happier always in a good mood which is great. Havnt weighed yet but some of my clothes had got a bit tight after christmas a blouse that i loved was gaping at the buttons but not anymore its fits again so im chuffed.

Hi all. Im on my second fast day of the week. Finding it ok so far. I have found I am colder on fast days and also I am quite tired in the evenings. But I have been sleeping really well! So that’s a plus as I hadn’t been sleeping well before. Good luck to everyone fasting today

Hi Kirstya86, I know what you mean about being freezing. It’s already very cold here in Cyprus (coldest it’s been for 10 years) and I am wearing gloves while I write because I can’t maintain any heat on a fast day. They say that being colder helps you to stay slim but I can’t function when I’m cold, that’s why we moved here.

Afternoon all how is everyone doing? I am fasting today, and it’s going ok so far, almost home time and waiting for 6pm with eager anticipation! Had a delicious non-fasting dinner yesterday of chicken, vegetables and halloumi cheese and a bit of chocolate and hopefully counteracted that with an hour of gym beforehand!

Was still 4lb down as of this morning but hoping to drop another pound by the end of this week. I could tell that my digital scale was wavering between 10.9 and 10.10 so hopefully today’s fast will put that pound to bed!

I’m fasting today too but am doing fine food wise (aided by fact I had root canal treatment this morning!!). Have just had plenty of water and some soup when I get in.
    Kirsty I agree about apetite decrease. I had my Lorraine’s turkey chilli and cauliflower rice (minging by the way) last night and was stuffed after it. It was only a small portion too. Am very pleased with this development as I am usually a greedy eater.

Has anyone been watching Horizon the last couple of nights- ‘What Diet is Right For You’ programme. It’s very interesting and a group of dieters (named Constant Cravers) have been put on 5:2 by the experts. Will be watching again to see how they all get on.

HI guys. I am fasting today too. I have found it ok. Bit tired. Think ill be in bed early again today!

I too really enjoyed my dinner last night and didn’t snack yesterday which was good šŸ™‚

Yes I watched the first episode of the programme too lolomo and will watch the second tonight. The thing I found interesting was in relation to not eating carbs on fast days. Are you also not eating carbs?

Hi Yvonnek07

I think I would find restricting carbs a bit too much. Although I rarely would eat bread (maybe one slice a week on average) and I don’t like potatoes, I love, love, love rice and pasta. Have switched to brown varieties in recent years but definitely would miss them if I gave them up. I think maybe the people on the show are off them to speed up the weight loss but I can’t see how it would be sustainable for most of them in the long run.

Well done lusherx that’s a great loss.
    I’ve been watching the Horizon programme too, very interesting.
    I’m doing well with my TDEE so I hope to have lost a little on Friday.
    Fasting again tomorrow so I am going to enjoy a garlic chicken wrap later, I think my appetite has lessened, that’s to say my portion size is smaller than I would normally eat and I’m not hungry later on. On the other hand maybe I’ve just stopped being greedy and I didn’t need all that food in the first place.

Hi lolomo ok that’s great! I don’t eat white bread really either but I eat basmati rice and pasta. Just wondered if I had missed something. Thanks šŸ™‚

Hello folks

Just to chime in, I’ve been watching that too – I watched the first ep last night on catch up, I’ll be watching the second one tonight (and catching up with Broadchurch as didn’t get a chance to watch on Monday!)

I love Broadchurch Little Dragon great show šŸ™‚ i havnt seen the documentary il maybe watch them on catchup. I dont eat carbs on fast days but thats just my choice i enjoy them on other days tho. Thats whats great about 5:2 as long as im within my TDEE carbs are fine but i do eat a lot less than before.

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading all your posts this week but I’ve been off work not feeling great so haven’t joined in. So far this week I’ve tried to fast Mon and Tues but not made it through the day so instead I’ve had low cal days. I’m back to work tomorrow so will be fasting and hopefully will either stay the same or lose a wee bit by weigh in on Friday.
    I’ve also been watching the Horizon programme on catch up and found it very interesting. I did the online test which showed I was a constant craver which means this diet is ideal for me. I like the fact I can more or less treat myself on non fast days which more than makes up for the 2 fasts and it’s easy to tweak depending on what you’ve got planned that week.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 740 total)

You must be logged in to reply.