Starting Monday 25th July 2016 need a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Starting Monday 25th July 2016 need a diet buddy

This topic contains 51 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Bubbles67 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)

• Hello 😊 Im starting 5:2 today and im excited and motivated for the journey. I have done 5:2 before and was very successful i lost 2 stone (28 pounds) and reached my goal and managed to maintain it for a year until i got into a new relationship and it all went out the window. It happens to the best of us new relationship, lots of eating out and sitting in with takeaways the weight soon crept back on. My partner is amazing he loves me no matter how big i am and my weight gain doesnt bother him at all but im bothered by it i dont feel like myself anymore so i decided enough is enough and im back on the wagon and really excited about it 😊 Im 5ft 2 and current weight is 11stone 4 pounds and thats quite large for my small frame my goal is to get back to 9 stone 😊 My TDEE is 1600 cals so fast days i will be eating 400 cals. Today is my first fast i will be fasting mondays and thursdays

Hello! I started today also but for me is my first time on 5:2. So, I don’t know if I’ll manage but I’m positive.
    Today went well, 481,5 cals says my cronometer. I’m 1.69m and 63 kg. I gained 1 kg this year and I don’t like the way I look. My TDEE is 1626 cals.
    Hope for the best!

Hello Mixiriel 😊 Glad your fast is going well πŸ‘πŸ» mine has went great managed 387cls and its 10:30pm so day is nearly over yayyyyy

Hello IrishGal29 and Mixiriel.
    I have done the 5.2 before but found “life” got the better of me also! Whenever I planned to do something about my weight/health there was always an occassion to go to or an excuse!! I am now needing to lose 3 stone as I am 12st 8lbs at 5ft 2.5″ tall. Today was also a new start for me too! Any tips on simple meals and sugar alternatives that taste like sugar I would be grateful for. The hardest thing I found was not knowing how much to eat of basic foods,I tend to stick to Rice and chicken or fish, not sure whether I should eat rice? I started the day(10am) with a poached egg on toast and with a scrapping of butter then about 2pm had a necturine and then at 5pm had rice with a homemade veg curry. Also I need my cups of tea with a little oatmilk but also tsp sugar(2 cups so far) ,the rest of the day I drink spring water with a slice of lime(tip from Buttonboots) Hope some of this is helpful,next fast will be Thursday.

Hi Bumbles πŸ‘‹πŸ» im the same with my coffee i had 4 cups today but i leave enough calories for them as i cant go without it. The easiest way for me to fast is to eat nothing until dinner imnot really a breakfast person i never have been but by lunchtime i get very hungry but i can cope ok with it at dinner i had a bowl of tomato and chilli soup with a few small crackers and an apple 😊

I’m starting today too! I’m 5’6 and need to lose about 20 -25 pounds. My first fast day is going alright so far. πŸ™‚

Hi IrishGal29
    I too don’t like to eat till later in the day but by lunchtime I get very hungry on a NFD(I have been known to grow two heads)so as on previous FDs in the past I will have a high protein breakfast(always poached egg on toast) about ten or eleven in the morning which usually see’s me nicely through to 5pm. Today has gone very well and looking forward to keeping up to date with your progress,will report back thursday. Happy Fasting.

Yes Bumbles looking forward to seeing how we progress 😊 Hello ambelamps glad your fast is going well 😊 Im glad you guys have commented and we can support each other along the way😊 Im off to bed now very happy that my first fast is nearly over πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Thanks Irishgal, for starting this thread. Hi everyone! Hoping to join u guys for my first day on 5:2 tomorrow. I did lose some wt just before Christmas on this plan which is really difficult for me- hypothyroid. But I don’t want to dwell on that. I did it well before and I can do it again. Looking forward to getting to know u all better. R any of u exercising? Have a great night. XO 😚

I’m starting today too! I’ve fasted before and was very excited about the weight I lost, so I know this program works. You just have to get into a pattern and hold it. My issue last time was controlling my negative attitude on fast days. I honestly don’t even see it coming until my colleagues start asking if it’s an eating day? I try to fast on Monday and Thursday; unfortunately we have an important department meeting on Monday afternoon, just went my hunger is the worst. I would appreciate any suggestions to help me get through these meetings.

I am in my second week so not too far ahead of you. Fortunately I am now retired so work and meeting foods are no longer a problem. A couple of things that I have found helpful …I try to hold off on my first meal as long as possible. I usually work out in the mornings and for me that works as appetite supressant. I also have many projects that I utilize as distractions and thinking about food. I have several post it notes around reminding me that hey, I can always eat it tomorrow! I also plan my week and meals ahead of time and if I remind myself verbally that the kitchen is closed for the day as well as brush and floss I am less inclined to head to the cupboard or fridge. Love this avenue for seeing how others do…WE CAN DO IT!!

Hi Ifast2, what r ur goals? Wt loss? Better health? Did u read the book or watch dr M on youtube? Could u possibly focus on the benefits ul get by doing this? As for colleagues? I wouldnt tell them. I have to bring my own food everywhere bc of food issues. After a while, no one even notices. As for ur mtg – why not shift ur fast to another day? There r 6 more to choose from.just a thought. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just decide what u want & go for it.

Good morning everyone and Hello to Joyful Jules, Ifadt2 and laraejen πŸ‘‹πŸ» some great tips for fast days Laraejen thanks for sharing think ill give the post it notes a try good idea. Ifast2 i agree with Jules you can do this and if thursday is a big day in work then maybe choose another day to fast this week instead 😊 As for exercise Jules im fairly active i walk a lot and have a 6 year old son to run around after lol its proven that exercise doesnt really contribute to weight loss Diet is the most important. I think im going to go to the gym to tone up once iv reached my goal.

Hello everyone, I started 5:2 yesterday. I have done it before but didn’t get down to my target weight due to a job change. I need routine which is something you don’t get working in a shop, especially with only a half hour for lunch. I hate having to ‘wolf’ down my lunches. As I’m not much of a cook, I’m doing all my meals from the original 5:2 FD book. They are quick to do and with items normally in my fridge rather than having to shop for loads of foods that I wouldn’t normally buy. I have got to make it work this time as I will be 60 next year and I’d rather get there slim than overweight.

Hi Moonstone28 and welcome 😊 I have never tried using the 5:2 recipe book i bet there is some tasty fast day meals in there. Im not much of a cook πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and i hate veg πŸ™ When i say veg i mean broccoli, green beans that sort of thing i love salad tho and peppers. I have written down some tasty and fairly healthy non fast day meals that i enjoy i find swapping a few things makes a big difference and worked for me last time. Like swapping creamy mash potatoes for a baked potato that sort of thing.

Hello everybody!
    Today is NFD for me and I wonder if I have to count the calories… In general I tend to eat less than my TDEE. It could be a problem for not losing weight? Thanks

Mixiriel if you dont need to count calories to stay within your TDEE thats great. You dont have to eat your whole TDEE either its just a number not to go over but being under is fine 😊

Thank you, IrishGal! πŸ™‚

Hi everyone. I just started the fast and it’s going well. Want to lose about 20 lbs. I’m excited to have a place to check in. I am realizing that I’m not that hungry, seems like eating is a habit. I feel a bit nervous when it’s “time” to eat and I don’t eat! I’ve been drinking water instead. Anyway, good for all of us!

Hi Lennab if not eating at all on fast days works for you then do it. There are a lot of fasters on this that do water only fasts so its absolutely fine. Just wondering when you all are planning to weigh yourselves? Im thinkin of every friday morning after my second fast thats what i done last time. I wont weigh myself this friday tho ill wait until next week and then every fri after that

Hi Irishgal….you can also try subbing mashed cauliflower for your mashed potatoes especially if you are trying for less “white stuff”. It is a great substitute. Also there are plenty of ideas out there for using Cauli instead of rice. I have also made Cauli “bread” and I make a great cauliflower soup. Just some ideas you might want to check out…

Thanks Laraejen i wish i could try those but i cannot stand cauliflower πŸ™ Hate it with a passion lol im not cutting out carbs anyway i didnt last and reached my goal i will reduce my carbs tho and try healthier options. Cauliflower sounds like a great thing to experiment with i wish i liked it

Okey dokey….😎

Well fast day no2 is here 😊 Hopefully it will go as smoothly as mondays fast. Good luck to any of you guys fasting today ❀️

I started this week too but am trying the alternate day fasting. So far, so good! I have at least 25lbs to lose but I wanted to do it through fasting because of the additional health benefits reported.

I’m also doing Slimming World but will use this for my non fast days. So, this is how I’m doing it at the moment:

Fast day – start fasting between 4 and 6 pm and break fast at the same time the following evening. I’ve chosen not to eat but just drink tea, coffee, water and diet soft drinks.

Eating day – break fast between 4 and 6 pm and eat until the same time the following day (obviously not continually :)) Aiming to stick to slimming world type recipes but allowing things like olive oil and butter because I’m fasting too… we’ll see how that works out!

On my second fast day and only two and a half hours till I can eat again – quite enjoying it although definitely needing the toilet a lot more. Also, not at all hungry and just grab my water if I need to.

When I had an eating day yesterday I found I couldn’t eat as much – anyone else feel less hungry? I thought I’d want to eat so much more!! I’m going to check my weight every Wednesday night at slimming world, fingers crossed!!!

Ci1979 hello πŸ‘‹πŸ» i also dont feel overly hungry on non fast days and so far i havnt ate up yo my TDEE im averaging around 1200cals on non fast days and my TDEE is around 1600 so im very pleased. Todays fast has went great so far i survived on coffee until dinner and for dinner i had a very large salad with wafer thin cooked ham and boiled egg total calories so far is 397 and i wont eat anything else today. Hope everyone else is doing well

Hi all! I have to remember the time diff. I’m in the US – EAST COAST – SO I’ve had lunch so far. Glad u guys r not too hungry on non fast days. I try to keep a tight reign bc I can easily bounce up & down all week wo a net loss. My Fast days r usually Tues & Thurs but I’m flexible. I also weigh every day bc I react to soo many things, SMH, πŸ˜• I know. Tues morn wl be my wkly weigh in.
    Irishgal, congrats on ur son- i KNOW he keeps u busy. For me, i have to exercise or nothing happens. Enjoy the rest of ur nite! XO

You too Jules 😊 Have a good day

Hi Irishgal29 and all fellow 5.2ers

Day 2 has gone very well so far.Started day with coffee(dash milk and 1 sugar)10am breakfast of poached egg and 1 slice toast,warburtons non gluton/wheat as I bloat out and hold water(may need to rethink as this has happened today,maybe to much salt in the bread!!) Homemade Spaghetti bolognese sauce made with lots of veg for tea. It sounds like you Joyful Jules have a simiar problem to certain foods as me. Its funny but I feel very full much of the time to ,only had tummy rumbles about 4pm. Had tea late 7pm as had to work today,its normally a workfree day. I will put of weighing myself till next week like you Irishgal. Glad you are finding the fast day easy too! Goodnight Everyone

So good to hear no one else is feeling too hungry on their fast days. I just weighed myself and I seem to have lost 3lbs since last night!?! Is that usual? I saw somewhere people writing about initial water loss and that it usually settles down to 1 to 2 lbs a week after the first week or two.

How much have others lost in their first week? Hope that’s not a cheeky question!! Just want to have realistic expectations πŸ˜†

Glad your doing well Bumbles and it will be exciting next week when we both finally weigh ourselves 😊 Ci1979 yes your right the first weeks loss will probably be a little more because of water loss the average weight loss on 5:2 is 1lb a week although it could be more for you because your doing slimming world as well. i havnt weighed myself yet im waiting until next Friday and then will weigh every Friday after that. Im feeing good this morning after a successful fast yesterday maybe going to allow myself a small treat this weekend 😊

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

I was wondering if everyone is going to post their weigh ins each week? I’d really like to have somewhere I can do this so would people mind if I post my weigh in each Thursday (weigh in on a Wednesday night). I’m hoping it will keep me honest and if I have a bad week it would be really good to have the support as well.

Good luck for today and especially the weekend!!

Yes i will be posting my weigh in every week 😊

Hi everyone,
    Freezing in Cape Town! Not an ideal time to say goodbye to hearty meals, but the journey has to start. Have lost 36lbs in the past using my own fasting regime. Never realized that there was any science behind what I was doing. It seemed so counterintuitive! After readin most of the guideline of 5:2 I am delighted to have a platform to share and access for moral support.

I weighed 114lbs on the 25th.

I have 27 lbs to lose and would love to be part of your journey as well.

Until next time xxx

Angel888, I am I reading your post correctly? You currently weight 114 lbs, and are trying to get down to 87 lbs? Or is there a typo somewhere.

Oh no! Apologies! Converting kilograms to pounds😳 I weighed 176 lbs on Monday and my goal weight is 143.

I.e. Weighed 80kg goal weight 65 kg.

Xxx

Lol i was thinking the same πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ damn typo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Hello Angel and welcome glad you have joined our little thread ❀️

Thanks so much.

Lived in Ireland for 4 years. Know how hard it is not to eat loads of lovely fabulous food over there. Memories of stews and lovely restaurants in Dublin!
    Xx

Hi all, well I am a bit dissapointed…on the scale this morning and not an ounce lost with two weeks of 5/2 done….I refuse to get discouraged by this but I was hoping for a better result. I track my food on the “My Fitness Pal” app and don’t overeat on my regular days (1200-1800 cals ).. Any advice only this particular problem? Or should I even be thinking it is a problem and I should see the scale budge at some point?

Hi lara and welcome:

If you are eating 500 or fewer calories on your diet days and your TDEE or less on your non diet days then you do not have a problem. This may help you understand what is going on: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

ANgel, that’s a relief. I thought we were aiding and abetting an eating disorder.

Dont lose heart Laraejen im sure those scales will move at some point. How do you feel? Are you feeling trimmer? I have a friend that loses weight very slowly but loses lots of inches. Also if you are exercising maybe your fat is turning to muscle and muscle weighs more but is leaner. Honestly tho my friend has only lost 10 pounds in 6 months but her before and after pics look like she has lost 4 times that amount. We are all guilty of focusing too much on the scales and i would for sure feel the same if i were you but try to hang in there 😊

Angel lol yes its hard to resist those stews and hearty meals we have here but my will power is strong at the moment heres hoping it continues

Thanks for your comments IrishGal…I think I “feel” lighter but maybe that is my spirit feeling the effects of intermittent fasting…it does seem to do that which is a great result. I also like that I am spending less on food which helps in retirement, I rarely loose hope in any of my endeavors and this will be no exception!
    Also, this week it is too darned hot here (Seattle, WA) to want much besides fruit and vegs…😎

Hi Irishgal and all fellow 5.2ers

Well, where do I begin……My weight lose has actually resulted in a 1 pound gain!!! I however feel marvellous and my stomach is definitly reduced and my energy level’s are up! So something is happening. I have started to excercise on my bike,only 25 minutes once last week and this week but upping it to twice a week from monday,also I have found the energy to go out in the garden ,yesterday for 3 hrs and today 1/2 hr. Hope you all see some results,whether weight loss or feeling better! Will report back next week.x

Friends, I made it through my first week with 2 entire (no cheating)fast days! My weight dropped a little, but I know it will pop right back up if I stop. My goal is to take off 10lbs and after this week I have 7.5lbs to go. Fasting is hard, but the results are worth the pain. Isn’t it amazing to wake up the morning after a fast day and feeling great, zero hunger with an incredible sense of accomplishment? Going into this weekend my goal is not to overeat to the point I gain back all of the weight I’ve lost. I’m not a great exerciser, I use my treadmill once or twice a week, but have been trying to get my 10,000 steps daily, just walking around.

Thanks you all for the encouragement! Onward to the weekend!

Wow that’s great!! I feel the same after 11 days of alternate day fasting. So much less bloated and weirdly my moods are better!?
    I weighed on weds and had lost 3lbs so pleased with that as I don’t have a huge amount to lose and find it really hard to usually just lose 1lb!
    Really enjoying this change of lifestyle, hope it’s going well for everyone else πŸ™‚

Hi Everyone.
    Just wondered how you are all doing?
    I have’nt been able to excercise today as not feeling great but I have managed to count and measure my calorie intake more accurately.I will leave my 25 minute bikeride till tomorrow afternoon. Best to do any excercise when feeling ok as last time I went out feeling like this I ended up feeling even worse! I hope to achieve 2 rides this week(we will see)but I wont be defeated….:)

Hi IrishGal29 and everyone else.

I have just started bu want to join your group.
    There seems to be a few 5 2’s here…I mean 5 foot 2″..ha ha, me too.
    My goal is to loose up to 40lbs, but planning it in 5lbs targets.
    I will be 50 in December next year so want to be able to wear something stunning.

I am fasting Monday & Thursday like others here. We should have a weekly weigh in.

Who else is on Facebook, I would be happy to host a private group for us.
    https://www.facebook.com/WendyEManning I live in Portugal with my husband and 2 teenage boys.

Bubbles67

Eu quero! me inclua no grupo do FB – Anaide Maria Baggio Flach

Sou Brasileira

Obrigado!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply.