starting after new years!!

This topic contains 396 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Jilly R 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 397 total)

• Slb, Nomnominator and Jilly…congrats, u guys r killing it!! Annah, it’s totally ok to admit u r in a tough spot. That is what this forum is for; to encourage each other on day by day.
    I tried to post this morning but sth is wrong w my log in. I tried for 20 min before work and was redirected about 8x to my login over and over again. Anyway, I had 2 fantastic fast days. I averaged 520 cals each day and also did pilates. This morning I woke up feeling very proud, cleansed, lean and super healthy, plus at my fitness class this morn I was happier and had super powers I felt. Having said that…..on my weigh-in I was up 2lbs. I am very bloated rt now so I think that’s where it’s from, but the crazy thing is I am totally ok w it bc I feel very cleansed mentally and physically. Plus I dropped 3lbs my last b2b which is a lot, so maybe my bod is just readjusting. I can’t believe I am ok w it. I also taught 7 fitness classes last wk, so could b muscle. I am down 1.5″ waist.
    So……keep up the hard work, let’s keep movin on bc I am. Next fasts r Thurs and Sun. Cheers all ๐Ÿ™‚

Post exercise water retention?

Not sure…It’s partial from my cycle, but also I couldn’t find lo salt broth for my soups, so could also b that. I know I’ll c some movement soon, bc I feel good. Thx for reaching out! At the very least, eating super clean has pulled me out of my depression slump ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done Suzy, you’ll get the benefit over time and have another drop. I was up after fasting on Monday, but I figured I would be. Your waist decrease is great in its own right.

Also had problems logging in earlier, not sure what was up.

Annah sometimes the fasting is easy, sometimes really tough, but it does get a bit easier over time and you really do get used to it.

Hello Fellow Fasters!

I’ve been missing for a few days (health) but have just caught up with everyones posts.
    Most of you sound as though you’re doing really well, and I can sympathise with those who are finding things difficult occasionally – Like I was told just remember tomorrow is another day, a fresh start, and you are not on your own it happens to all of us.

Well I got over my bad weekend and started again straight away, so thanks everyone for spurring me on. ๐Ÿ™‚

My weight keeps going up and down, but the least I’ve lost is 7lb so really happy with that and determined to ‘keep on keeping on’
    Today was a fast day and I’ve done quite well, about 550 cals, and I’m also finding I don’t feel as hungry on NFDs, so things seem to be heading in the right direction. I’ll get weighed tomorrow and I think I’d better get the tape measure out too…. fingers crossed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Depression and mood swings can be caused in good part by what we eat or don’t eat.

Hiya
    gee Annah what about that humidity today in the mighty Waikato!! Felt like melting this afternoon…

I am expecting to face that time when I do everything right but don’t get the result I want, but I am determined to push through it when it happens. The forums are a great source of support when the challenges arrive and there are so many success stories that I want to add to them ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Doing my second FD for the week and it is going well. Have recently discovered sparkling water so have filled up my wine glass and sipping away quietly. Off to Wellington tomorrow so wanted to get it in before I go.
    Hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone and have a great weekend!

Couldn’t resist a mid week weigh- in as feeling slimmer today and delighted to see 149.6 lbs this morning and ski pants only 1 3/4″ from closing. Have finally moved below thatformer bugaboo wt of 150lbs – where I would usually start moving the other direction back up the scale. Gotta love this WOE – though slow, it feels easy to do.

Good luck to all fasting today.

Week 3 ans weightless is 1.4lbs this week with 1″ off stomach woo hoo!

This is awesome as although I’ve done both fast days I didn’t do any exercises as was too bloody cold!!

I only have 1lb left to reach goal of 117 lbs but still have a stomach to get rid of which is my main goal but since starting this diet 3 weeks ago I have lost a total of 2″ which is amazing as I’ve never been able to get it under 20″ with any other diet ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck to everyone who still has fasts to go this week!

Hello Everyone,

I have just completed my first week on the 5:2 diet and reading your posts I feel very inspired to see this through.

I weighed 10st at Christmas and decided that the excess fat had to go. I am in my mid fifties and started to put the weight on directly I reached the menopause, all round my middle, thighs and backside. I was 8st 7lbs before menopause and doing this diet I am hoping to get back to that weight.

A normal day for me regarding meals, would be breakfast, lunch, cake at 3pm, dinner, supper. Sometimes I might have a glass of wine but not everyday. Since Christmas I have cut out the cake at 3pm, changed breakfast to porridge instead of toast, have soup with no bread for lunch instead of another bread meal, cut down my portion size for dinner and reduced my supper. I had lost a couple of pounds by implementing that regime.

I weighed myself this morning and can’t believe the result! I was 9st 7 3/4lbs. I am very pleased with that, and that is only after a week on this diet. I found my first day of fasting very hard but I did not give in and stuck to breakfast and then evening meal totalling 500 calories. I did get a headache and drank hot water most of the day. The next morning I liked the feeling of being empty and not bloated and was surprised that I did not feel hungry. I thought I would be starving, but that was not the case. My second fasting day (doing Monday and Thursday) was much easier.

If the last week is anything to go by, I am looking forward to reaching my target weight and all the health benefits.

Well done jasmine and welcome! Stick with it and you will easily reach your goals. I am completing my 4th week and can’t believe how easy it has been to change bad habits that I have been struggling with for years. I got rid of all the sweet treats in the house too as if it is near, it may be a temptation that I might indulge.

Yay kelltoch๐Ÿ˜„ well done!! Is that a 20″ waist you refer to? I think i my thighs are bigger than that.

Thank you In it to thin it for your encouragement. I shall indeed stick with it as I am determined to reach my target, although I know I shall have difficult days when fasting. When I am watching tv in the evening when fasting, it doesn’t help when all the food adverts come on. It is very tempting to go and find something in the cupboard.

Although this diet states that you don’t have to worry too much about what you eat on non fast days, I find that I am counting calories and watching what I eat. Does anyone else find themselves doing this?

I count everything I eat including tonight’s alcohol lol not that I tend to overeat but for piece of mind that I’m always on the right track

Inittothinit I am down to 27″ waist from 29″ which is brilliant as it’s only taken 3 weeks which I think is good ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hello Kelltoch, yes I am building in some alcohol too, don’t want to go alcohol free. I don’t drink that much, a bottle of wine lasts me nearly two weeks when drinking at home.

I know what you mean about keeping on track. I have been surprised at how quickly they add up.

Hi Jasmine and welcome:

Most people that come to 5:2 are overeating – that is why they want to lose weight. To be successful, the diet requires that you eat to your TDEE or less on non diet days. That means most have to keep track of their calories on non diet days to make sure they don’t overeat like they normally do. A person either learns to do this or doesn’t lose much if any weight on 5:2 and goes away unhappy.

Some people lose weight quickly at the start of 5:2, but that is water weight and the rate of loss soon slows down or stalls entirely. This is normal, and the person just has to stick with doing their diet days correctly and eating to their TDEE or less on their non diet days and they will do just fine. The average weight loss over time for a woman doing 5:2 is a little less than a pound a week.

Here is some information that will help you be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hello everyone, just checking in again.

I got over my foul mood of the week ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looking back, it was a very stressful time at work and I do remember now to have read somewhere that not sleeping enough and stress contribute to whatever-hunger hormone (can’t remember) being present more. I can definitely confirm that. I wanted to snack the whole time. Much better now that I am sleeping more and am working sensible hours again. I think there is a lesson to be learned for me in there.

It is still really warm here so we went for a cycling tour yesterday! Yay, nice and it counts as exercise, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

It is day 25 I am still on the every other day fast and quite pleased with it overall. At least there is no doubt if ‘this’ should be fast day, or any funny ideas about ‘making up for it’ by having another fast day later. Strict rules are good for me in this regard.

I keep a food diary on the computer, where I note all I cook and eat. I have started to write down both the calories and the protein. The protein is important to make you feel full for longer. I try to have mainly foods with low GI (actually GL) value. I still keep track of health markers such as BMI, hip to height ratio, and (newly) ABSI (calculator here: http://absi-calc.appspot.com/). This is a new measure that is very good at predicting health (hm, actually, mortality hazard, which is much scarier). I am at 0.082 and should be at 0.078. Have a look at the paper here: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0039504

The good news, 7kg down in 25 days. 7cm lost on smallest part of tummy (waist?), 5.5cm lost on widest part of tummy (hip). Another 10kg to go!
    On the hip/waist thing above, different pages seem to measure differently on where your blimmin’ waist is…what is that all about? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well done everyone! I so value having all of you here for support!

Hi all, gonna make this quick as i wrote 2 nice blogs this morn and lost my internet
    connection on both-very frustrating. Thursdays fast droppped the 2 lbs i gained last wk so im hopin tomorrows fast puts me back below. I seem to be a textbook case-at the end of 4 wks i had lost 5.5lbs snd ill take that, as the slower the more permanent i believe. Kudos to all of you who have lost more, esp init, kelltoch and of course welcome jasmine. It will get easier. My 1st 3 fasts just about killed me but now they r a piece of cake. Anna congrats on alt day fasting. Im doing 3 per wk for the most part but not counting cals on feed days bc i want to make it a lifestyle.
    I am making much smarter food choices on feed days im noticing and drinking less which is a shocker!
    Well done all and keep up the fantastic work๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Suzyqueue,

Thank you for the welcome, it is good to be part of such a supportive group. Like yourself, I want to make 5:2 a lifestyle, and have bought some cookbooks that have all the recipes calorie counted with the relevant diet information. Hopefully, this will make it a lot easier to watch what I am eating without all the hassle of working out the calories for myself.

Good Luck to us all.

Hi all, reporting in on my end of month results: but first a big shout out to Anna -7kg Frickin amazing! And Suzie 5.5 lbs is perfect, text book perfect๐Ÿ˜Š.

Starting 154.2 today 148.2 only 1 3/4″ left between ski pant snaps . . . I think I can make it to closing them in the next 3 weeks -ski trip on the 3rd weekend of Feb. Fit into my size 8 CK jeans today!!

Starting a new month tomorrow here is a motivating quote I like when tempted to cheat …only cheating myself.

“YOUR BODY WILL KEEP AN ACCURATE JOURNAL REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU WRITE DOWN”.

hiya everyone
    i am new to this diet and will be having my 1st fast day tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips and advice on things i can eat on this diet to curb my hunger?

many thanks

Hi rosy and welcome:

Most people that stick with 5:2 find the easiest way to defeat hunger is not to eat. For newbies, it is best that you eat high fat/protein foods on your diet days and not eat any processed carbs like sugar, cereal, bread, etc. Eating carbs makes you hungry, eating fat/protein not so much. Finally, many find that eating one high fat/protein meal in the evening works best.

Here are some tips that might help you be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi guys, I really hope I see a loss tmrw bc I was just looking in the mirror after my shower and I don’t look any different, still the big belly ๐Ÿ™ I really hope all this starving is working and it’s not just a screw-up on the scales. Today has been a hard fast and I don’t know why….hopefully it’s bc things r shifting. We’ll find out in the morning. It felt like a first day, so I went for a nap this afternoon and thankfully felt better when I woke up, and managed to do pilates then a walk. My big pot of veg soup is simmering and waiting for me.

In it great job, and I love the quote. So true. You can hide in the cupboard and eat a mars bar, but the world will b able to tell.
    Rosy-on my fast days I always eat the same thing so I don’t need to think: 2 coffees in morn w milk, fat-free greek yogurt when hungry then lots of lemon water. Boiled egg for lunch, small steamed chicken breast in the afternoon with a large perrier and once I get home around 6 I make a large pot of veg soup w nosalt broth and that does me. I still make din for the fam but put my plate in the fridge for the next day. Hope that helps!

Hi everyone – not such a good week last week, gained 0.5kg – but then I remembered the very large butter loaded French pastry I’d eaten on Saturday morning (was delicious!), plus going to friends for dinner so extra cheese and nibbly bits etc. Reason tells me that 500g is nothing in the grand scheme of things so I’ll just move on.

Ended Dry January yesterday and found myself wondering if the thought of having a glass or two of yummy chilled NZ Sav was more appealing than the actual drinking of it – especially after having a dreadful night’s sleep (which I know is alcohol related) and hence feeling pretty rubbish this morning. I’m almost relieved it’s Monday and that I won’t be drinking again until the weekend – how weird is that? I guess it just goes to show how the body gets used to having, or not having, certain things.

Some great results on here guys with the first month behind you – well done. Welcome to the newbies too. Have a good week, will look forward to following your posts over the coming days.

OMG my 5:2 friends, omfg…..I wasn’t kidding when I said yesterday’s fast was really tough, like a 1st day, and I wondered if it’s bc my bod was making some serious changes…..well!! I’m down 7.5 lbs!! Lost 2 yesterday!! So month one behind me and went from 188.8-181.3 but still no move in waist, which is my only prob as I’m apple shaped. Where did it go from then?! I was literally starving all day yest but didn’t give in and came in around 520 I’m guessing. I am so happy and needed to c that, so now I’m super motivated and really lkn frwrd over the next cpl of wks to get in the 170’s.

I wish all of u much luck as well. Jennifer, allow urself treat days, otherwise u won’t do this long term. I’m heading to my moms tmrw for a cpl of days and we will drink!! But I’ll b back hard at it Thurs and Sat to compensate. Going for a walk soon, beautiful sunny morn here in SWOntario ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well done, suzyqueue! Really good result to end the first month with. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer – on the beauty of that glass of Sav… I found an interesting article recently. A few years ago NZ was thinking about labeling alcohol with energy info. “Alcohol is one of the most energy-dense things we can consume, second only to fat.” Wow. They recommend thinking of alcohol as food and to be aware of the empty calories it provides. Full article here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/9400602/Alcohol-calories-easily-forgot. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cant believe it’s February already so nearly a full month on here.

Rosy how did your first fast go?

Today’s fast was a bit of a killer as I went out for lunch so guess no more food tonight ๐Ÿ™ but was over 500 i eaten 693 so will have to make sure Thursday’s fast is done at home lol

hiya thanks everyone for there help my 1st fast went well i did better than i thought even coming under my 500 calories.
    suzy my liver went down a treat as i didn’t realise there was so little calories in it. so hope i can stick to this diet as the last couple have been big fails lol

Rather you than me rosy yuck! Although right now I could eat a horse.

I don’t think I will do a fast this way again I am starving but can eat tomorrow so all good.

If you start to cave in just give me a shout!

Well done Suzy, that’s some loss.

Jennifer I had the same feeling re alcohol after dry Jan, and the weekend was a blowout as lost all resolve, but back on the straight and narrow today with another day’s fasting, which was easy for some reason.

Thanks SuzyQ – don’t worry, I certainly have treats – Lindt Sea Salt Caramel chocolate is the current favourite! I agree though, trying to be too strict is doomed to failure, and which is why 5:2 has worked so well for me because nothing is banned. Well done on the loss too, sounds like it’s clicked! ๐Ÿ™‚

Annah7 – that article makes really interesting reading – it’s not like we don’t already know that alcohol is empty calories, but seeing it likened to glass of wine = xx slices of white bread puts it into perspective and certainly helps the motivation to keep it off the menu mid-week, with just a treat on the weekend, and to make sure if I’m going to have something it’s something that I not only enjoy every sip off but also doesn’t leave me feeling rubbish. Interesting Nomnominator that you felt the same after Dry January.

Half way through another week and all going well so far, will see what Friday morning’s weigh-in brings …….

At my moms out of town and goin to bed-barely ate but had the fill of wine i deserved…chat later all of u, next fast thurs…chins up n out!!!
    Annah Nom Jen thx for the awesome support!!

Week 4 check in…

After a messed up fast day I expected the worst but only went from 118 to 118.8 lbs and waist stayed the same at 27″ so can’t really complain.

Ab workouts has jumped up to next level leaving me sore so hopefully that will help next week and will try to increase hooping too.

Although on a better note I woke up this morning full of energy and done dishes, washings, ab workout all before 10am lol

Hi all, reporting in at the end of week 5 – holding steady this week with no weight loss ๐Ÿ˜ข but another 1/2″ off the waist. I can now do up the ski pants snap but they pop open if I bend at the waist. Can I lose that last inch in the next 2 weeks? Will give it my best shot.
    Found I was struggling this week to stay within my tdee and wasn’t able to get in my daily exercise. Daily exercise I find works as a great appetite suppressant,will NOT let it get bumped from my schedule this week!
    Hubby is away this week so will do 4/3 in hopes of getting back on the downward slide.
    How are all of you doing?

Hi In it to thin it,

Just going into my third week and today was a fast day. Found it really hard today. I had breakfast earlier as I had an appointment to keep and it has been nine and a half hours since breakfast. Feel better now I have had something to eat. I have lost about 5lbs in that time and am pretty pleased with that. My stomach is gradually getting smaller, keep standing sideways on in front of the mirror, lol. Still some way to go though, instead of looking seven months pregnant I now look about four. Will I get that flat tummy back given my age? Who knows, but I am going to give it a go.

Hi Jasmine, congratulations on your weight loss-5lbs in 2 weeks is really impressive! I have the same concerns on trimming my silhouette and think I can actually see a shadow of a hip bone starting to appearโ˜บ Hope am not going to stall again this week. I usually don’t eat on a fast day til 1 or 2pm, if I eat breakfast it is desperately hard to stick to the 500 cals.
    Do you eat 500 cals on fast days or 1/4 of your tdee?

Also had a fast day today instead of my usual Tuesday, so I could enjoy some pancakes tomorrow.

Found it tough also particularly the morning which is odd. Watching cookery programmes in the evening also prob not the best idea. My mouth was watering away.

Also agree exercise is great for appetite suppression.

Hopefully a good night’s sleep tonight. Scales is misbehaving but think I’m down as I feel slimmer. Now that I’m having wine again at the weekends, they tend to be a blow out…

Hi guys, it’s been a while, hopefully u guys r all doing well and hanging in there. Well I had way too much wine at my moms and therefore had the hangover munchies for 2 days after. Needless to say I fasted after that to get back on track and today I’m on day 2 of b2b fasts. I should b ok on my weigh-in tmrw. I’m hoping to hit the 10lb spot by the end of next wk which I think will b pretty powerful!! I don’t regret drinking w my family as it was a fantastic visit and the beauty of this woe is u can jump back on it. I’m even getting used to doing my fitness classes on a fast day.

Kelltoch that’s wonderful you woke up feeling fantastic. Remember you may not lose as much, as you will be gaining muscle, so don’t get discouraged.
    Congrats init on the ski pants, and of course u will lose more…look how far u have come! Good luck on the 4/3. I’ve been sticking to 3 fasts per wk and just eating healthier w/o counting cals on feed days and still having a cpl drinks, but other than at my moms I feel I don’t enjoy them as much. It’s such a mental game, not wanting to sabotage all our hard work…
    Great work Jasmine. Yes, this woe does get rid of visceral fat, it’s just slow. Keep on doing what u r doing! Belly is my prob spot. I’m fine in a bikini otherwise, but I’ve always had a paunch since I had my 3 boys. I eat a boiled egg and coffee on fast mornings before I do my fitness class or it’d b too tough otherwise.
    Hang in there nomnominator, your bod is prob just adjusting to the booze cals, but the fact that u feel slimmer, u will see a drop soon. Seems to happen when u least expect it.
    Good luck to all tmrw. My next fast is Wed, then maybe Sat. Sleep tight ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello hello hello!

I got back from the mountains yesterday aaaaand…. I didn’t split my ski pants! Woo!

Just been reading through what i’ve missed with you all. Theres been some amazing losses, well done everyone!!!

I have spent the week away eating like there is no tomorrow. The guy i stay with seriously provides on the food front; Huge breakfast of eggy bread and tea, big hot lunch on the mountain, tea and cake in the afternoon and a 3 course dinner every night. All this interspersed with hot chocolates with whipped cream…… Wow…..
    But what i’m really amazed about is that i am only up 1kg. It was worth it. And to be honest, i was really genuinely looking forward to getting back to fasting.

I fasted yesterday, and it was fine during the day. Tough in the evening though as i stupidly watched Rick Stein’s food adventure in Singapore…. my goodness i was salivating. But i couldn’t avert my eyes!

So, i have missed lots with you all. Sorry i am not nameing names on the great losses, i ‘oooh’ed and ‘aarhh’ed when i was reading through but i didn’t note down who had done what, so just trust me: I’m very impressed with everyone. And welcome Jasmine!

Looking forward to getting back into the flow with you all.

Jx

Good Morning everyone,

In it to thin it, I have 500 calories or there abouts on my fasting days. I have the smallest amount of porridge in the morning and then use the rest of the calories on my evening meal. For the other days I am clocking in anywhere from 1000 to 1400 calories.

Nomnominator, I have watched a cookery programme on a fasting day and realised that it was not going to help me when I was feeling hungry. Pleased that you are feeling slimmer.

Suzyqueue, great you had a good time with your family. I agree with you when you say that you can jump right back on it if you go awry (spelling!) for one day. I went out to a garden centre coffee shop and had a fruit scone and butter the other day. I thought to myself that I am not going to beat myself up over it and cut out another meal. I am beginning to find that this diet can be quite flexible.

Abecedary, well done on getting into your ski pants. It won’t take you long to get back on track after your trip away.

A quick note about fasting recipes, I have to follow a recipe when cooking and found that the Fast Diet book did not have enough recipes in it. I found a book on Amazon called ‘Goodfood Eatwell, Fasting Day Recipes’ by the BBC. It has got lots of recipes and has sections for 100 cals or less, 150 cals or less and so on up to 350 cals. You might find it useful.

Happy Dieting!

Sorry I’ve been missing… health and family and emergencys!

Just a quick check in to say I’m down 10lbs since beg of Jan, despite a few mess ups where food went into my mouth that shouldn’t have! LOL

Everyone seems to be doing well so congrats to all.

How do the rest of you cope with Binge days? I just try to remember that ‘tomorrow is another day’ …. sometimes it even works. LOL

Hi all. I have been reading posts but not feeling terribly motivated to post.
    My weight is slowly going down, but I know I am sabotaging with glasses of wine (mid-week too, ooohhwumah)plus not exercising enough. The weather here has been a bit goofy – hot for a few days then raining like mad. No excuse really. I am on another FD tomorrow anyhow, and doing a walk in the afternoon with a walking group I am a part of. I’ve been feeling quite bloated the past few days as well. Definitely not drinking enough water. I really need to have a stern talk to myself, I think!

I am off on a 3 week driving tour of Tasmania at the beg of April with my daughter (for my 50th birthday) and really wanted to be at least a dress size down from where I am now, which is 7kgs. That means I have about 8 weeks. If I lose 0.5kg every week that will be 4kgs. Not quite there but over half way.
    Think I need some motivating.

Someone give me a kick up the pants please?

Good morning krysk, hopefully i can motivate u. if u do 2 fasts per wk u will lose 1lb roughly. if u do 3 or alternate day fasting, u will b between 1.5-2 lbs. u can get close to ur goal. what i do is choose 2 nts per wk for booze and write them down and stick to them, otherwise id have a ntly drink, which goes rt to ur visceral fat. also adding a daily walk is fantastic, and try and sprint some of it for interval training. u can do this. im fasting today and 2 more before the wk is out so I can hit my 10lb goal early next wk. 3 a wk is no big deal, let me know what u think and gd luck!

fantastic results coffeeholic!! i have binge days, had a bit of one yest, and always motivates me to do another fast. binge days will always b in our lives, which is why we r all on here. allow urself those days, as they r usually triggered by sth, either hormonal or emotional. cheers!

hi everyone, I haven’t posted before but Ive been watching the posts with enthusiasm. I have now lost the xmas weight I gained, around 7 pounds. I am back at 13st 4 which is one stone down since I started in september. I think I have lost quite a lot of fat, as I was a 16 and now I am a small 14. I have lost 4 inches off the waist and 2 off boobs and hips. I fasted yesterday and felt unwell due to time of the month so I actually only ate 400 cals, a record for me. I do three days of sprints and circuits in the gym per week, which tones me up and improves my mood. I have decided to skip a day at the gym today as I feel a bit nauseous, but I am going to make up for it at the weekend. Well done to everybody who is doing their best, pat yourself on the back. and in pursuit of encouraging you all, last year I stopped fasting and exercising, my scale weight was exactly the same but photos and clothes clearly showed I was a lot bigger. so stick at it!!! best of luck everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Afternoon All!

Just read the latest posts.

KrysK, I think we all know where you’re coming from regarding the wine (my downfall is bread and chocolate) Have you thought about allowing for a couple of glasses of wine daily but counting it in with your daily calories, so that your aren’t going over your daily allowance? (Need to take my own advice here!) Maybe if we did it that way we’d decide what was more important to us – good food or treats)
    Suzyqueue, yes I think it’s definitely stress/depression that sets my binging off, and life’s been even more full of that lately, LOL
    Well done on your weight loss, I wish I was capable of doing some exercise, but unfortunately the body’s knackered. ๐Ÿ™
    Welcome Blondie and congrats on your weight loss and smaller body! I agree with you that what we are all after is fat loss and looking and feeling healthier – your inch loss sounds great and must give you a big incentive to keep on.
    Jasmine thanks for the heads up on the Amazon book, I’m going on there now to have a look at it – hope it has some vegetarian ideas, cos goodness knows I need some from somewhere! You sound as thoughyou’ve really got your head around this, which is really encouraging to those of us who haven’t. Thanks

Hi Coffeeholic,

I have just looked through the book for any vegetarian ideas. There are quite a few, here are some of the titles to the recipes: spicy harissa, aubergine and chickpea soup, chickpea, tomato and spinach curry, spicy Moroccan eggs, lemony potato, broccoli and goat’s cheese salad, herby mushroom pasta and crustless vegetable quiche. All the recipes look delicious. There is a picture next to the recipe for every recipe.

There are about 90 recipes, mixed as to vegetarian, meat and fish.

Hope you find something to spur you on.

Hellooooooo

Jasmine53 that recipe book is really nice – thanks for the suggestion as I think part of my problem is I’m getting bored with my FD food routines and need a bit of a boost/change. Had a horrendous weekend as busy clearing out garage, painting etc, which meant the beer fridge was far too nearby, plus being so busy we ended up on takeaways rather than sticking to the planned weekend menu. With that all rounded off with Pancake Day on Tuesday I’m not sure this is going to be a very good week but there’s no point getting stressed about it as that will only lead to more naughty food, plus it’s only one week out of a lifetime.

Regarding alcohol, for me I have to take the approach of drinking on one day a week only as a treat as a few glasses of something almost always also lead to crisps, nuts, cheese, chocolate and pretty much anything I can get hold of, so at least if I only do that once a week I’m giving myself a better chance on all the other days. To be honest, over time, I’ve realised I also feel much better in myself, sleep better, skin better, less bloated, clearer mind, if I lay off the vino, so now when I’m tempted mid-week I remind myself of how I’m going to feel the next day and load up bubbly water instead (or pour a glass and make sure I savour every sip!).

Some amazing results being posted on here, and amazing support too, so thanks to all for sharing. Don’t be surprised if I don’t share tomorrow’s weigh-in results!! ๐Ÿ™‚

That book does sound good Jasmine!

Thanks for the motivation Suzy & Coffee. I reckon it’s best if I just cut out the drinking altogether to reach my goal. SO, I am going to commit to the following:

– walk at least 5 out of 7 days
    – no wine or other alcohol for 2 weeks to start (gotta be realistic) maybe after that have a couple over the weekend. Problem is, if I open a bottle on, say, Friday night, then it needs to be finished by Sunday, otherwise I will want to finish Monday etc. But there are about 6 glasses in a bottle,so that could work.
    – no fried foods/sweets until my holiday

There! I am going to post ea night to report and stay accountable.
    I WILL NOT BE 50 & FRUMPY!

Take care all
    K

Krysk you made me smile this morning. Your comment ‘I will not be 50 and frumpy’ rings a bell with me. I am 53 and feel just that FRUMPY.

I decided that from January I was going to change how I look and feel. I am coming at it from three angles. 1) Lose the weight, 2) colour my hair and 3) try contact lenses again.

Losing the weight is going to plan, so far so good. Today is my fasting day and I am struggling a bit. Looking forward to dinner. I finally coloured my hair and what a difference! My sister has been colouring hers for ages and it looks nice. There is only 18 months between us and she looks a lot younger than I do. She sent me a picture that she had taken at Christmas of me with her phone and although I am not grey all over, it looked like I was. I saw something I didn’t like and that was that. I went out to buy a colour after that.

I wore contact lenses very successfully back in the eighties and early nineties and felt good wearing them. Had to stop wearing them as my eyes became very dry and made the lenses uncomfortable to wear. Went back to my glasses, very short sighted, and gave the lenses a break. I never went back to wearing them and every time I have had an eye test my prescription gets worse. My lenses are very thick and have to have the thinnest lenses available. A conversation with one of my friends (we worked together and both wore lenses and both had to give up wearing them) just after Xmas spurred me on to try them again. She has managed to find a lense that is comfortable. After trying the daily’s, which have not worked because the material is not as good quality as the monthly ones, I am waiting to be fitted with the monthly ones next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will work.

By the time I go on holiday in the summer, I am hoping for that flat tummy, my hair will be coloured and I shall be wearing lenses. I should look totally different. That is the plan anyway.

Jasmine and KrysK you have both made me smile today. I hit 50 last year and like both of you was determined not to be fat or frumpy. I lost weight, ran half a marathon, hooked myself up with contact lenses, and finally went on my dream holiday to Italy. You have to have goals, otherwise what’s the point?

Happy to say I haven’t paid too big a price for last weekend and weighed in this morning 100g down on last week. Doesn’t sound like much but if you’d seen what I ate last week you’d know it’s a good result ;).

From next week I am committing to running a minimum of twice a week plus bootcamp once a week as I’m running another half marathon in May. Target is to be 5kg down by the time I board the flight to Hawaii at the end of May.

Have a great weekend everyone, looking forward to seeing all your updates over the coming days and weeks.

Hi everyone

Had a fast day today which is going well and dared to measure myself: 2″ off bust, 2″ off waist and 1″ off hips – if my body wasn’t knackered I’d be doing cartwheels. LOL
    Posted on another thread so copied it instead of writing it out again….

‘Managed to watch the Micheal Mosley programe for the first time on youtube and to be honest itโ€™s totally blown me away! I knew that this wol was supposed to help with health, but WOW! Itโ€™s just made me more determined to stick with it โ€“ if it manages to do half the things that heโ€™s hoping for then Iโ€™m in it for life. Feel as though Iโ€™ve had my โ€˜Road to Damascusโ€™ moment, and if I feel my willpower slipping Iโ€™ll just think about all those new brain cells that are regenerating. ๐Ÿ™‚ New Mind, New Body โ€“ canโ€™t be bad LOL ‘

I feel more positive than I have in a very long time.. Happy days.
    Stay with it everone.. we can do it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.