starting after new years!!

This topic contains 396 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Jilly R 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 397 total)

• Hi milena:

The lady that explained it to you did not factor in the fact that one unit of body fat contains about 13% water. If you work the math then, it comes out to about 3555 calories. The problem is that there are no tools to measure the energy precisely, so it has been rounded down to 3500 for reasons no one seems to know.

The lack of precision in calorie numbers in both fats and other foods, not to mention the genetic differences in all people, is what makes weight loss so variable. It is also why depending exclusively on numbers generated by calculators and fitbit type things is often a mistake, and why it is necessary to compute the numbers at the start, but adjust when ‘you are doing everything right’ but still not experiencing the results you expect.

i’m confused by the math here in the caloric guides being posted. I’m not trying to be difficult but I truly don’t get the calculations you’re using

I know my TDEE and BMR, I can’t figure out where the rest of your numbers are coming from.

Sorry but I’d need a step by step to follow that.

I’m 185lbs ish my BMR=1598, TDEE=1917 BMI=29

I fast twice a week for 36 hours water only zero calorie intake and during the 5 NFD I stay within my TDEE

By my calculation so a weeks calories to maintain would be 1917*7=18149
    I have two fast days of 36 hours each water only zero caloric intake. My caloric deficit is 3834 (1917*2) so I would lose over just a pound a week. That’s not quiet accurate because on two of those days I only eat one meal but it’s close enough for this.

I’m not getting where you’re getting the extra numbers from?

Just eat to your goal weight TDEE and you’ll get there.

If you are staying within under your TDEE and fasting twice a week and NOTHING Is happening, no weight lose, no body dimension changes (hips, stomach, thighs, bicep, or neck) then you need to drop your TDEE everyone is different and the calculators don’t allow for that. You have to learn your own body.

I do believe that on 5:2 stalls invariably happen. It can be frustrating to go weeks with no apparent changes. Persevere and keep on adhering to the 5:2 pattern and it will happen. I had a stall where nothing happened for 3 weeks, then lost 5lbs in one week. I didn’t change a thing.

If you find you have to drop your TDEE by 50 a day to faciltate change do so. The calculators don’t KNOW your body, you do or will.

simcoeluv again hit the nail on the head while I was busy being long winded

Good morning all
    Thanks for the recognition guys..I really needed a boost yesterday!
    I have contributed on and off to these kind of threads for a few years now, and notice at times there may be one contributor who seems to get left out often in others’ comments. What tends to happen is that they then stop contributing, which I find quite sad. I know it isn’t done on purpose and as threads get more and more people posting to them is pretty difficult to address everyone. Perhaps it’s just something to keep in mind.
    I wish the 2.5kgs was all fat, IN IT, but alas mostly water. Still a loss though. It meant I didn’t put on as much as I had feared over the Xmas break.
    Well done on that great loss, annah7. 4.5kg in one week is incredible. We have a new leader among us in the weight loss stakes!
    All of these numbers and calcs does my head in too (and I’m a bookkeeper!). I tend to agree with QuietOne, ‘just eat to your goal weight TDEE and you’ll get there.’
    If it isn’t coming off, decrease the energy in, and increase the energy out.
    Happy days everyone. Saturday morning here and a beautiful, sunny one at that.
    My daughter and I are off to the Sunset Markets at a park opposite the beach (we are in Newcastle NSW) later today, where they have stalls of food/art & craft/clothes/jewellery etc , live music and pretty coloured lights, tables and chairs for folks to sit and enjoy the ambiance.
    Take care x

Thank you, KrysK, for the praise. It was over 1.5 weeks though pretty neat still. Quite chuffed though prepared that it might stop any minute and totally stall for a while. we all have been there.

Well done to all of you for any/all weight loss and to be honest, just for being here as that’s already a major step in the right direction.

You are all blowing me away with your calculations – I’d err on the side of caution with getting too caught up in it and just stick to being ‘sensible’ but ‘having a life’ on the 5 days and then the 500/600 calories on the fast days. Reducing alcohol is an easy way to do that as it also takes away the stimulation for crisps, nuts etc, and then the desire for chocolate later.

Weather rubbish this weekend despite it being summer in NZ, but it’s an opportunity to get some meals planned ahead for the week and catch up on some movies. Labyrinth with the fabulous David Bowie is on tonight, and we’ve currently got the entire series of Harry Potter movies showing once a week so a bit of Alan Rickman to look forward to as well. Have a great weekend everyone :).

Hello!

Yeah, i’m just going to back away from the numbers, i think. I have never calorie counted before, so this is a challenge in its self, let alone had a deficit strategy!
    I was just interested in weather i was understanding what you were all up to.

I guess the answer is….. sort of.

Also, cal counting seems to be a complete nightmare unless you by things in packets. And i very rarely buy anything in a packet, so it means about 45mins of crosschecking and weighing and looking up online before i can eat anything. No thank you.

Anyway, i am doing something right because i am still on the gradual downward slope. 66.8kg this morning, makes a total loss of 2kg so far for 2016. Very Pleased.

Well done everyone, we all seem to be ticking along at our own paces, the world is our oyster!

xx

Abecedary – well done on your weight loss! It is good to see the scales count down. I agree that findings one’s own way of handling our issues around food is important.

I totally see what you mean with having to count and hunt for the calorie details before you can start. I am trying to tackle the problem the other way round.
    Here is my confession: I LOVE spreadsheets. Currently I am not eating anything processed, so each time we cook everything gets entered into my trusty spreadsheet. I have now almost all the ingredients I regularly use already in there, so I hardly ever need to look up a new one. But if I need a new one, looking up is also quite easy because google can handle a query like ‘peach calories’ and it will spit out the number. 🙂

But not everyone is so nerdy though 😉 and the main thing is that we each find a way that works for us.

For those that use MS Excel and don’t mind doing a little work I used the download from this site.

http://excel-example.com/templates/calories-carbohydrates-proteins-fats-fiber-diary-excel

I downloaded the blank added sheets for all my own meals, soups, and a few other categories how far you go with it is up to you. But once you get things entered for what you eat it’s basically add the date click drop downs and cycle to the next one.

You don’t have to use it all the time but starting out and when you hit a stall/plateau it can be of assistance Yes I am back using it this month as I’ve been finding that I was going over my TDEE on NFD by a goodly margin. It just reinforces choices.

Great loss so far Abecedary, whatever you are doing is most certainly working for you! That is so true about it being easier to cal count when everything you eat comes out of a box, bottle or packet. Eating whole and unprocessed certainly requires more work.

I am with you re the crappy summer so far, JenM. I am in NSW and we have had rain pretty much all week long, with a few 38-40deg days thrown in for good measure!

Love the Excel workbook QuietOne. I have downloaded it and will check it out with interest. I do use MyFitnessPal on my phone which works well for me.
    Gotta be careful not to get too obsessed with this whole tracking business, however. One can get VERY boring to others who aren’t tracking/calorie restricting.
    K

The great thing with 5:2 is that anyone can make it fit. I have a problem staying within my TDEE (I just over eat) so if I don’t figure out what I’m going to eat before I do I’ll have an issue.

Congratulations on the right direction Abecedary keep on with what you’re doing it’s working for you.

Thank you everyone! 😀

KrysK, absolutely! When your feeling really positive and excited about getting heathy/loosing the flab….etc its so hard to refrain from boring people around you senseless!
    Thats one of the things that makes me so glad i stumbled across all you chaps on here because i can get out all my 5:2 nerding/worrying with you, and hear it all come flowing back as well! 😀

And Krys, Anna and Quiet – I am very impressed with your spreadsheet skills!

Next FD for lots of us tomorrow. Keep busy, lots of water and padlock the fridge! Good luck everyone! xxx

Hi All. Reporting in for the start of Week 3.

Beginning:
    Weight: 154.2
    Ski pant measure: 5.5″ between the snaps!!

Week 1:
    Weight 153.2
    Ski pant measure: 4″ between the snaps

Week 2:
    Weight 151.2
    Ski pant measure: 3″ between the snaps

Hoping that I can keep the momentum going and fit into my ski pants in time for my ski trip. 150 lbs has always been a stumbling weight for me – where I seem to fall off any diet I am on and head back in the wrong direction. Will be “Keeping the Fast” this week in hopes of finally breaking the yoyo cycle.

Good luck to all fasting today!

Hi All

Just been reading through the posts and you all seem to be doing really well, so congratulations all round. 🙂

I’m not doing so well. Had a really bad weekend when everything just went to pot and I ate for England – all the wrong stuff as well including lots of chocolate!
    I’m hoping that I’ve now got my head back into gear and I’m trying a fast day today, so send me some positive thoughts please.

If I knew how to do spreadsheets I’d give it a go, but I think I’m going to have to use a notebook to write down all the calories instead. Do they still sell those little calorie counter books?

Hi Everyone,

Coffee – Everyone has a slip (or a bloody great tumble) now and then, the nice thing about this fasting lark is new day=clean slate. Sending you plenty good thoughts! x

And Init – your doing amazingly, you’ll have to by a size smaller ski pants at this rate!

My fast day has gone as it says on the tin, Fast. Cant believe its nearly 6pm already! Even had a project meeting in a cafe today, and had to watch everyone eat fantastic big lunches. I stuck to my tea and focused on the task in hand!
    I am tuna salading tonight and really looking forward to it.

Hope everyones first fast of the week is going well, which ever time zone your in!

Jxx

Not visited the thread for ages. All the number crunching is too complicated for me! hahah I just fast two days, and really I am useless at healthy eating the other days. Am keeping a food (not calorie counted) diary for the other days. And lost 1 lb last week which wasnt so bad as it was my birthday. So 5 down in two weeks so am ok with that. I know I am goin to have to eat more healthily but really dont like food (sounds stupid for a fatty). I am veggie and dont really like the taste of cooked veg. Can munch salady stuff but it does get boring. I look at a recipe and it makes me want to hurl. But pass me the cheese and crackers… and you know the rest. I am sure its all in the mind!
    Upside…. got a FitBit for my Birthday… whoop.

Hi coffeeholic, a bad weekend is just that, only a weekend. Getting back on track will make that little slip a distant memory in short order. Have you tried MyFitnessPal.com? You can download it for free and it has calorie counters and you can even scan Barcodes on packaged foods to get all the nutrition info. It is very user friendly.

Abcd good work on sticking to your fast through the cafe meeting- will try to emulate your resolve at my monthly bridge game this week. Always too many tempting Txs on hand. Really want to fit those ski pants in just 5 weeks. . .

Happy birthday granny Chris and well done on the 5lbs off! I love my fitbit- find it very motivating.

“Keeping the Fast”…love it, InIt lol am seeing great progress there.

As Abecedary (well done to you for being so strong at the cafe), has said, Coffee, we all fall of the wagon..gettin back on is what counts.

After a boozy Friday night, I stayed off the evil liquid all weekend. FD yesterday and kept within 500cals (aiming for 400 tho). After buying a new mattress (what a mind boggling exercise that turned out to be)I took my daughter to the beach and caved with a small piece of fish and a handful of chips. Then some nuts n few choc coated sultana (left from xmas) with a cup of tea after getting home so that was the energy ‘in’ for me for the day.

Sposed to be fasting tomorrow but will be out for lunch plus a picnic dinner (after a walk at least) so I’m not going to kid myself, but will keep portions low and focus on the whole foods.

Then we are off to sunny Brisbane (Queensland) for a few nights so as my daughter can catch up with her dad and his family.

Happy fasting all!
    K

Good morrow everyone – I concur, a bad weekend is just one bad weekend and doesn’t have to mean failure in any way. Just hop up back onto the wagon, have a FD and move on, life is too short to get too stressed.

I also have a Fitbit, had one for about 2 years and they are brilliant – really motivating to at least get to the 10,000 daily steps. Great idea to ‘friend’ other people you know who have them too. I have friends in the US, UK and NZ who have them and it’s fun to see how everyone is doing when the weekly update comes through.

It’s going to be February before we know it and everyone will have a month of 5:2 behind them – you’ll all have this thing nailed by then 🙂

Krysk I am envious of your days on the beach as I slog through the grey,cold and rainy january days here. Good for you to limit the portion of fish’n chips.
    I am starting to worry a bit about the upcoming social events for the next few weeks. So much easier to keep the fast, if one is at home where most temptations have been removed. Since I don’t want to become a social recluse I will have to strengthen my “no thanks” muscle. Or like you, practice portion control which has been an ongoing issue for me.

To all my 5:2 pals…sorry I haven’t written for a few. Friday and Saturday were amazing days; no booze and little food. I for sure lost a little. I felt strong and very proud of myself. Then Sunday went to hell. I had horrible depression from perimenopause and by the evening I needed a pick me up, so a bottle and a bit of red it was, with lots of snacks too. Needless to say yesterday I was very angry w myself and feeling very fat and defeated. I decided to get right back on track and fast today and tomorrow, in the hopes of seeing a bit of a loss on Thursday, and ultimately getting me back in the game. I have also realized that 4 days between fasts is too long for me as I tend to slip back to my old ways. I therefore am going to do 3 fasts per wk as long as I can. My goal is to be at the 5 lb mark by Feb 01, bc I’ve read lots that you shouldn’t really aim for more than 1 lb a week, as more would just be water/lean muscle, so 1lb it is for my goal.
    Today’s fast has gone amazingly and I don’t even know if i’ll even finish the veg soup I made when I got home from work. I was really hungry around noon, but I had a little nap and drank lots of water.

I am so very happy for all of you and won’t list names so I dont exclude anyone. Some of you are doing amazing and I am jealous of the loss, but I know it’s bc I’m not calorie counting on feed days which I refuse to do.
    I have tomorrow off work, so I shouldn’t have a problem doing 2 days back to back. I will check in w you guys Thurs. morn and I hope to have good news. Take care all, and ps, I got my first ski in on Sunday 🎿

Hi suzeyqueue, I think that is a good plan. You have mastered the fast days with ease which is the hardest part of this WOE. I am trying for 2 fast days, 2 lower calorie days, 2 days at my tdee and one normal eating day this week- will report back on how that goes.From all I read on the posts, it takes about 1 month to find the rhythm to this lo calorie/hi calorie plan . . . I should probably say lo calorie/med calorie plan. I do feel for you with the hormonal stuff it is a wild ride. That time in my life is when I really felt out of control, it is much better now that I am in full menopause.

Envious of your skiing. It started to rain here in the mountains so I am praying there will still be some snow left for my ski weekend.

Evening everyone,

And welcome back Suzy. Sunday sounds like it was awful, i’m impressed you respond with 3 FD’s a week! I know what you mean about 4 days being just slightly too long to keep the good feeling going.

Interested to know how your 4 phase routine goes, InIt. What are you aiming for on the ‘lower cal’ days?

I’m not counting on feed days either, just making a note of what i’m scoffing but i’ve definitely noticed my appetite has reduced over all since the beginning of the month.

After FD5 on monday, i was down a little bit more. I cant believe it, really. Loosing weight before has been such a huge mountain but suddenly it feels like a life being 9stone might actually be a possibility not some crazy fantasy…

Good luck everyone fasting today. xx

GrannyChris, I can relate to your veggy-woes … now i week three I thind it harder to get excited about munching yet another salad. Soy sauce to the rescue! Even a small amount really helps for a little bit of sharpness / saltiness. I was thinking to also start experimenting with sauerkraut and kimchi, just for a bit of change and they are supposed to be really good for you..

Annah good for you – onto week 3 for me too!

ABCD – here is my plan for this week.

Fasting x 2 at 500 cal each = 1000-
    Lower cal x2 at 800 cal each = 1600
    Medium cal x2 at 1000 cal each = 2000
    Celebrate x1 at 1500 cal = 1500

Total cals 5100 for the week – which should give just slightly over 1 lb loss and allow me to enjoy my dinner out this weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

Suzy 3 days for me too much, I think slow and steady is best, so what if you have a few extra glasses on a non fast day. I do admire the determination though and how easy you find the fast days.

I agree Annah, soy and fish sauce and a wok are great for enhancing veg, with ginger garlic and onions.

Init – not much of a celebration there, you should get out more🙂

Had nasty carrot and celery mulch last fast day Tuesday, this time going for a margarita without the vodka…couldn’t sleep either with hunger…tomorrow will be easier…

Hi all

That’s a horrible feeling, Nomnominator, not being able to sleep for hunger ..do you drink tea or herbal tea? I always find a cup of black china tea helps keep the hunger pangs at bay (I need to add a splash of milk though, and a smidge of sugar or sweetner)listen to me, I sound like Nigella..haha..

I saw a cooking show the other day and some fish sauce was added to sausages when cooking on the barbie (cut snags open first). Apparently they make the sausage taste more ‘meaty’. I’ve not tried it but intend to.

The temperature the last couple of days has been over 37degC. Very hot and muggy out there now. Even too hot for the beach, in my opinion!

We are off to the airport soon to fly up to Brisbane – back Sunday.
    I won’t be online until next week, so take care all, enjoy fast or non fast days and chat next week.
    K

NomNom – you are sure right that I need to get out more! Sleepless nights after a fast day are rough – I’ve had 2 which left me cranky the day following. Now I eat a small handful of almonds before bed on fast days, 4-6, seems to be enough to keep the hunger monster asleep.

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing great….i am very happy….i have finally seen some good movement….after 2 back-to-back fast days i am down 5 lbs, which was my goal for feb. 01, so those 2 days put me ahead of schedule. I am in it to win it now….I just want to keep my good habits till my next fast on Sunday. For anyone interested, the 2nd day is a lot easier than you think. Your stomach is used to not eating and you make it through no problem. I had to recalculate my calories 3x yesterday to make sure I wasnt overeating, bc I was pleasantly full in the evening. I was hungry first half of the day tho. And for some crazy reason I had tons of nrg last night and super-cleaned my house. wt…i know, crazy. Anyway i am really happy and hope to continue. January 06: 188.2 lbs, January 21: 183.3. Still only 1inch in waist tho.
    I wish all of u a fantastic wkd. Speaking of weather, it went down to -21 the other nt, which made for the chills on a fast day horrible. Take care all, and thx for ur support…and oh yeah, wine night tomorrow!!!

Whoosh! Amazing results suzy.😆😆😆 Cheering you on and will try to replicate your 2 consecutive fast days as I haven’t been able to stick 1 through this week yet.

Way to go Suzy. The visceral fat seems to be the toughest to drop. Keep on keeping on and it will. I’ve bought two new belts in the last year.

Motivation. Find a pair of pants that you can barely get done up. That are uncomfortably tight. But you KNOW you will look great in when they fit correctly. Wear them for an hour and keep them hanging in plain sight. You KNOW you’ll fit them soon.

Thanks for the tips on the hunger pangs.

It wasn’t a margarita but a Bloody Mary I made myself today. Wasn’t bad at all, like supping gazpacho all day.

Curry and couscous for dinner, that’s me done till tomorrow aside from maybe tea and a few nuts

Well done SuzyQ, that’s fabulous news – and to everyone else well done too – nearly at the end of another Fast Diet week and sounds like everyone is coping well and getting into the swing of it. These things take time so don’t stress if it’s taking a while to get your head round it and into a routine – Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that.

Re the night time hunger pangs, I keep a few calories back if I can and have about 200ml of hot skimmed milk about half an hour before I go to bed – more filling than a cup of tea and helps the sleep too. Might be worth a try?

Summer has finally arrived in Christchurch and we’re forecast a warm and sunny weekend. I have new running shoes to break-in tomorrow so if they are OK and no more blisters, I’ll be able to get myself back on track with the exercise to help speed up the weight loss – had first boot camp this week after a 4 week break – ouchy!!

Have a fab weekend everyone, looking forward to seeing all your end of week results over the next few days. For me it was 0.8kg down since my last Friday morning weigh-in – that’ll do nicely 🙂

Awesome loss Jennifer! It is inspiring to hear your results.

Quiet one -good suggestion about wearing too tight pants for motivation, but might result in strangulation,in my case😂😂

Well done everyone 😉 good to see so much support here for each other.

Really chuffed 2nd week in and I’ve lost 1.6lbs and another 1/2 an inch so all good.

I went out for lunch today and eat less than normal and still feel stuffed lol although I still can’t decide what I fancy for dinner as I’m defo not feeling as hungry as I would normally do by this time.

Although I have some drink chilling so that will take most of remaining calories hehe but it is Friday!!!

Hey kelltoch you will be at your goal in no time, well done!

My daughter has been baking this week and the temptations have been very high . . . Chocolate cake, lemon meringue pie, maple syrup muffins, banana bread. I come home from a long work day to find the house smelling of fresh baking, mmmmm, and some lovely treat calling me. I can usually avoid it that evening through flexing my very small willpower muscle, but it is the next morning that I fall to the call. If I start the day with pie (arghhh!!) I am fighting to control my apetite all day. Plus what is up with the calorie counts on these treats!? I mean 340 cal for a tiny slice of cake, not even a satisfying piece!

Took myself bathing suit shopping yesterday-ugh. What is it with those changing room mirrors in the swimsuit section? As I tried on suit after suit under those unforgiving flourescents that show every little ripple, roll ‘n bulge i felt my willpower muscle start to expand a little. I want to feel confident and comfortable in a swimsuit, not be the one person hiding under a wrap. Determined to see this through. Might be a good motivator, when my enthusiasm for 52 is waning, to repeat this exercise.

Anybody else fasting over the weekend?

Fasting over the weekend is too scary for me! 🙂 Its the only time I do alcohol (half bottle of wine). FITBIT is working wonders. Gives me loads of motivation. Lost another 2lbs this week so its now a total of five. Not a huge amount but I am well pleased as I dont count any cals on non fasting days. In it to thin it… brave you for the changing room… I come out of those wanting to run away screaming! hahah

Hi everybody, hope you are all doing great. I’ve had another cpl of bingeing days due to a crappy spell at work, so starting today I’m doing 2 back-to-back if anyone wants to join me. I am actually looking forward to today bc I feel I need a good cleanse. I always feel good on a fast day bc it elevates my mood as I’m doing my body good. I know I need to get a hold of my emotional eating….I just want to get another cpl of lbs off 1st so I’m in a good place mentally. I have a quiet cpl of days, so it shouldn’t be a problem at all. My last fast day I counted 530 cals, so that’s the lowest I’ve gotten it down so far w/o feeling crappy.
    I hope all of you are still doing great. I’ll report in Tues morn hopefully w a loss 🙂

Hi Suzy – i’ll join you in the 2 days back-to back starting tomorrow (Monday/Tuesday), after a dodgy weekend and like you, emotional eating getting in the way. I hope that occasional eating for comfort won’t hurt if I just get straight back into re-balancing (That is the joy of this way of eating…)!
    Good luck!! x

Hi granny chris, well done on another 2 lbs gone. I am down 1.2 lb this week which I was surprised, but relieved to see. Funny I am the opposite to you,I like to track every calorie in and calculate the calories burned on my fitbit to figure out where I will be. That’s the beauty of this WOE we can all figure out a way to make it work for our own idiosyncrasies.

Just read this about weight loss which I liked:

“It’s a slow process, don’t make it slower by giving up”

Hi everyone… have eaten far too much over the weekend. But am I brave enough to do 2 back to backs? I THINK I get through FDs by knowing that “tomorrow I can eat”. But if I fast tomorrow and Tuesday.. eek. I could do with a kick up the arse after this weekend.. maybe Monday I should count cals carefully, fast Tuesday and see what happens. Basically I have chickened out of a 2 day fast already. If it doesnt work this way I will HAVE to do back to backs. There – decision made. Phew, glad you are here to talk to.. hahah..

Love your quote In it to thin it! ps. have started to track walks on my fitbit as well as steps, so I know where to walk to get my five miles in.

Alright Jenn 125, let’s do this! Today has gone fantastic snd I haven’t even made my soup yet AND I cleaned like crazy again. It def helps w my moods :). I will report in tmrw nt @ bed how my 2nd day went so that it may help you on ur 2nd. Grannychris, ur post made me laugh. U r funny. Init, proud of u on more of a loss! Take care all, i am off to do some pilates xo

Hi all…I’m back!!

We had a lovely time in Brissy, although it was very humid, which took some adjusting as we don’t get such high humidity here on the NSW east coast. Quick dips in the lap pool and sipping chilled white wine helped a lot!
    We stayed at an AirBnB property in a great location in the CBD and enjoyed the company of an young English couple plus the girl’s Mum.

I wasn’t too bad with the food (usually only eating 2 meals a day) but there was alcohol and snacks. We did lot’s of walking though, and the house was at the bottom of a steep hill, and we had to walk up it to get to everywhere, so that must have helped, surely!

FD for me today. I won’t do a BtoB as it is Australia Day tomorrow and I have plans involving dining out/drinking. Will do another FD Wed then possibly another day over the weekend. Am gonna make that miso soup recipe that was posted on here.

Granny – how about fasting on alternate days if you struggle doing BtoBack’s? You can eat on the days in Btween. I was doing BtoB’s to begin with then switched to Mon/Wed. Think I’ll give alternate days a go next week after the socialising has settled down a little.

Keep up the great work all.
    K

Gosh that was a lot to catch up on!

Well done on all the losses!

I have eaten like a monster this weekend too, in fact most of last week. Feeling terrible about it!
    I had a fast day last Wednesday and i dont know…. i stuck to within my 500 but it just didn’t feel right. I’m not sure how to explain it. Normally on a fast day i feel good, like i’m doing a good thing but i just felt like i was doing crap…. I cant explain it.
    Anyway, fast day tomorrow morning so hopefully that will be better.

It might have something to do with the fact that i have a very time-pressured job just come my way so i’m snowed under in drawings. I tend to snack a lot more when i’m feeling pressured.

Anyway, it was very encouraging coming on here and hearing from you lot, i am not alone!
    Good luck you brave souls doing back to backs, i will be thinking of you.

xxx

Krysk, glad u had a wonderful time! Abcd, maybe not fast on a stressful work day. I choose easy days, and that makes them easy. And about the overeating….I’ve noticed a pattern where many of us struggle w this, and maybe that is why we are on here, bc we don’t have the willpower we would like to have most days. My binges are directly related to my cycles, another thing men don’t need to worry about, but I Find that this diet is helping w the weight loss that I could never have done before.
    And for all those who think I’m crazy doing two b2b, you’d b amazed at how easy it is bc your stomach has shrunk, and it makes the 1st feed day after almost a tear jerker!! Also, if you can on occasion do a 2day fast, it’ll make ur 1day fast a serious piece of cake.
    Just made my soup now. I’m only at 130 cals so far, weird, and I’ve scheduled fried eggs and toast to dip in for Tuesday!! Yipee 🍷

Hi all, so glad to see we’re all hanging in. I’ve just completed another fast day (assuming the chocolate bar in the fridge doesn’t force itself into my tummy) have altered my regime from three small meals to breakfast and dinner.
    Results so far 😊
    Three and a bit weeks in, eight fasts done, 3.3kg and 10cm gone. Still loving it!

Hi everyone
    just spent ages having a good catch up. It’s really interesting to read about all the successes and challenges. Well done all those who have lost some kg’s and hugs to everyone who needs one 🙂
    I have managed to be successful on my fast days but don’t count calories on non fd’s. I do try to be mindful on what I am eating on those days tho. We had a big farewell party here on Saturday night for my daughter and her partner who are moving to Wellington. It was a great night and I didn’t worry about my eating (or drinking). My reasoning is that this is for life so I want to make it fit my lifestyle.
    Results so far: 3.5kg down over 4 weeks but goal over the next 2 weeks is to make sure it is permanent. I tend to go up and down a bit so I note my weight day 5 of my cycle as that is my lowest for the month😊
    Have a look at this – inspirational

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/motivate-me/76212140/nil-by-mouth-29kg-lost-through-fasting

All the best for the week ahead.

Jenny that lady in the video is amazing…some loss, she obviously went for it full on, her fast days sound a bit tough for me.

I’ve swapped fruit smoothies on a fast for veg juices, celery, tomatoes and carrots, with some Tabasco and Worcester sauce, salt and pepper. Much healthier and savoury…works for me for some days at least.

I think someone mentioned the lidl dark chocolate bars bellarom, 40g, I’m hooked on non-fast days.

Results so far, I’ve been playing a lot of sport and had a good weekend, just felt like being careful for some reason all weekend: after 3 weeks, down from 84.1 to 78.8, so 5.3kg down…a lot of that was Christmas overindulgence though. Some of that is sport related loss also. Reckon I’ll slow up on the loss as think the scales is being overly kind. Dry Jan has helped and nearly over…roll on Friday, I’m having a glass of red on Friday.

Nomnom and JillyR, the weightloss is amazing-very well done!

I enjoyed the motivate me story too, but no smoothies for me -like to chew my calories. Find if I drink them I am still looking for more.

hi everyone,

its hot and humid here in the Waikato; you just want to blob out. Fasting is going reasonably okay, but it has slowed down a lot now in week 3 and I am getting impatient.

I also noticed that when I am stressed at work it is getting much harder, especially when the hours get longer. I noticed it is easier when I am working ‘at work’ instead of working ‘from home’. At home I just want to munch.

I think I am having a moan. Sorry guys. I find this hard right now.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.