Starting 10 August 2015, any1 wanna join?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Starting 10 August 2015, any1 wanna join?

This topic contains 46 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Jules75 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)

• Hello.

Targeting to lose 11 kg/24 pounds by December 2015 w/ alternate week of 5:2 and 4:3. Gonna start with 4:3 first.

CW: 67.5kg
    GW: 56.5kg
    H: 166.5cm / 5″5

Anyone game?

Yes 24pounds, definitely. I’ve been 5:2 ing since the end of May and only lost 6lbs because I eat like a pig on my NFD’s. And, just come back from hols having gained 4lbs so raring to go. I’m also 5’5″ but 11st 6 at the moment so aiming for another stone off as first goal as I’m 40 in December. Also got a presentation coming up at work for a long service award so head down, elbows in from here on in so I can at least feel better for the ceremony and photos even if not at goal. Keep me posted, would love to hear how you get on, x

Hello Jules and 24pounds,, welcome, I started 2 weeks ago so I am new to 5:2 relatively, I weigh in today and I lost 4 lbs, yipeee! I am really excited about this, my FD are Monday and Friday, so far I only have headache once in a while when fasting, but know I am drinking a lot more water on FDs and that helped a lot, keep on fasting. Bye

Hi peruvian, congrats on your 4lbs! Such a good start, well done you. Today is my first day of fasting after my holiday and I’m actually looking forward to it!, I feel ‘clean’ and in control of myself. 24pounds, please let us know how your first day goes tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Hi My first day tomorrow also. My goal is to drop below 10stone. I have jewellery my husband bought me last time I did this several years ago (got below 10stone that is)and I want to wear it again. For some reason my head won’t let me wear it while I am above this weight. Initially a stone loss would be good that will take me to 9 stone 7lbs.
    Trying 5:2 for the first time would be good to have support as we go through it not sure how I am going to feel. Good luck all

Hello from Singapore. I started 4:3 two weeks ago. I fast on Mon, Wed and Fri. I put on 1.3kg the first week and 0.6kg the second week. Heading in the right direction as I learn not to overeat on days that I don’t fast.

Height: 1.64m
    CW: 72.8kg
    GW: 55kg

I’ve been on various diets for the last two years and have lost 21kg so far. Unfortunately, I have not been able to stick to any one particular diet. I’m hoping that this diet will lead to a permanent lifestyle change.

In the last two weeks, the main difference the diet has made to my life is an increase in energy level.

Hi everyone,

I am also doing my first fasting day today. I’m starting with the 5:2 and see how I get on. I’m 5’2″ and have recently started feeling uncomfortable in my tight jeans and feeling a bit sluggish so thought it’s time I do something about it!

Going ok so far. I have started feeling hungry towards the end of the day, but have been drinking lots of water which is helping. Looking forward to chicken and loads of vegetables for dinner!

Good luck everyone!

Hi all…

Thanks so much for your support!!!

My first day of fasting as usual makes me quite hungry actually. But then only for a short period of time because I forgot about it. At dinner, I tried to not overeat but I think its quite successful because a day of fasting actually makes me full quite quickly.

Ive been aiming to drink at least 2 litre a day. Im usually not a big drinker. And I try to do yoga every morning…

Tarsier girl, you mean you lose 1.3kg on the first week of 5:2 diet?

And margil, how did you find your first day?

Well nearly at the end of first fast day. The food thing wasn’t too bad but i obviously have a problem with caffeine. Massive headache when i didn’t drink tea. Sorted it though. Will just have to get used to black tea on fast days. Or coffee of course, always drink black coffee so that will do it. Enjoy your food tomorrow everyone.

Starting tomorrow. Have tried before but was not true to 500 cals per fast. Hoping to lose at least 12lbs by end of year. Will be good to see how others are progressing.

Hi all,
    Would love to join. I am a seriously failed dieter but think this is going to work for me. I am on my 6th fast day, so week 3 and down 5 pounds. I do my two days consecutively as I just want to get them out of the way so I don’t have to think about it. This is what really appeals to me…I can live my normal social life and still lose weight. I want to be able sit down with my kids and have a bowl of pasta occasionally without freaking out that I am breaking my diet. I also don’t have the time/energy to focus on dieting everyday. But I can manage two a week. I am aiming to lose at least 10 kilos by Christmas 2015 if not 15. Wouldn’t that be lovely. I have been carrying this extra weight too long!

Hi 24pounds, I actually put on 1.3kg on my first week of 4:3. I put on weight my first two weeks and am now on my third week. I’ll know by this Saturday whether I’ve done better this week.

One pound loss after fasting yesterday. Interesting to see if it survives normal eating for the next 2 days. Monday and Thursday will be my fast days. How did everyone else do. Is anyone else obsessive about weighing themselves?

Hi Margil, I weigh myself daily.

Hi from Australia …. I’d like to join too. I’ve only just started … Today was my first fasting day. My goal is to lose 14kg and I’m determined to give it my best. I do a lot of gardening and exercise on Wednesday with a group. I also walk daily; not too far yet but will increase slowly. Tuesday and Thursday will be my fasting days

Hi all.

I weigh myself daily too :)… its a good motivation earlier but probably not a good idea later on if we ever hit a plateau. I did a diet before and hit a plateau for quite a while before losing it again…

Aliah janeone and dancingowl, welcome to 5:2 And good luck…

I hope we all manage to carry through this diet and see good results by xmas 🙂 (fingers crossed)

Good morning, I am in New South Wales. I was doing two consecutive fast days but failed last night when my husband was made redundant so we had pasta and wine…so I have to do an extra fast day on Thursday…Still since beginning two and a half weeks ago I am down 2.5 kilos so I can’t complain.

Yes I weigh myself daily and only stop if off track! I am very good at giving up 3 weeks in so I have to get through the next two weeks. Its also frustrating as I am still 3 kilos heavier than I was this time last year so I almost feel I am not losing ‘real’ weight…

Hi janeone,

Sorry to hear that… 🙁

Yesterday was a very diff fast day. I experienced very low energy so I decided to eat rice for dinner. I prefer to have 1 big meal on my fasting day around 5pm so that I dont get hungry in the middle of the night…

My weight are now around 66.5 to 67kg. It fluctuates quite a bit.

Im planning to do an update every week to see how im going.

Hows everybody else?

Hello,

I would like to join your group. I currently weigh approx. 82kg (180lbs) which is my highest non-pregnant weight. I would like to lose 18kg and get down to 64kg. I used to be much thinner pre-pregnancy, but with my PCOS, I think this weight may be more realistic and yet still falls within a healthy BMI.

Thanks!

Thanks for letting me know i’m not the only person who jumps on the scales everyday although i haven’t this morning! My second fast day. Don’t feel hungry so far and am now off to work. Will see what i feel like at 2pm. Good luck to everyone else who has a fast day today. Lets compare notes tomorrow.

Morning all, thus begins my 3rd fast day after holiday………..weighing everyday but still not settling on a lower number 🙁 still, onwards – my birthday (40th……shhh!) is on the 16th December so it’s full steam ahead. Would love to be 10st, dipping into the 9’s by then, which is also pre baby no 2 weight. Positive thoughts fellow fasters………hope you all have a good day, I’m off to finish my green tea. X

Hi, I have started on 10 August as well.

I have a family history of diabetes 2 + high blood pressure, so that is one of the reasons and the other one is to loose 10kg.

I have not weighted myself yet, will do that tomororw morning after my second fast day today.

So far so good, fasting is not too difficult and I am fasting Monday and Thursday. I noticed straightaway that for me skipping the breakfast is very easy, I then have a light soup lunch later than usually and around 300 kcal dinner late in the evening.

I just want to congratulate all you newbies and to tell you that this 5:2 stuff really does work. I’ve been fasting two days a week since the end of April without fail. I try to keep a lid on it the rest of the week, and sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. When I eat too much on my non-fast days, I don’t lose anything, or don’t lose as much, that week. A couple of weeks I have gained a bit back. But overall, I’m down 22.5 lbs since April 28, and I’m very happy about that. I have another 15 or so to go.

Sometimes fast days are really hard, sometimes they are easy. Mostly they are in between. But the important point is that if you stick with them, you are doing it right and if you go overboard on a non-fast day, there is always tomorrow.

So welcome, and good luck!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Day 2 fast is going well and i hope a can be as positive as you in a few weeks time.

Mary! 22.5lbs is a wonderful achievement, well done! 4th fast day today after holiday, super excited to weigh in tomorrow. Haven’t stuck to any diet on my NFD’s (which I’m sure has hampered my progress) but I have felt a change in how I feel about food on normal days so progress all round. Very proud of myself for sticking to fast days despite children being on school holidays, even days out with the kids have been fast days.

Happy Monday tomorrow lovelies, may it be the start of an excellent week, x

I’m in!

Incidentally, my first ever day on the diet was August 10th.

I started at 145.5 lbs. That would put me at almost exactly my goal weight by December.

Here’s hoping we can all keep it up and have some spiffy new clothes for all the holiday parties!

Hi all,
    Mary that is amazing. My weigh in day was today and I couldn’t brave it as I had such a bad Sunday. However I think I have been pretty good today and under 500 cal. I have discovered the ‘slender’ noodles and at under 10 cal they help bulk a dinner out. I had with stir fry, chicken sesame soy And they weren’t too bad. Has anyone else tried this?

Perhaps we can start swapping filling but low cal meals. I am thinking a poached egg on toast and a calorie controlled frozen meal for dinner tomorrow. I find it easier to do the two days in a row than break them up.
    I find I am really scared of failing on this diet. Feel like my will power lets me down.

Mary…when you had a big over eating day did that ruin the weeks effort?

Hoping everyone has a great week.
    Jx

Janeone, I made this last night for supper. It was really filling, and about 300 calories:

https://five2andme.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/what-i-ate-egg-stuffed-peppers/#more-13

Hi all…

My update. My weight is basically around 66.8kg now..

I finished 4:3 last wk n im doing a 5:2 this week. I kinda eat a lot of carbs on the weekends than usual So I was like 67.2kg at the end of the day…

Mary, wats ur starting weight if I may ask?

amy, we are around the same weight now.. lets do this by xmas!

I dont really cook jane1 :(.. i normally eat outside…

Hows everybodys weigh in so far?

Btw amy, wats ur goal weight?

Hi Amy,
    That looks great. I would have thought that was closer to 200 calories, 250 max…

I think I am going to stick to a ready made soup tonight where someone else has counted the calories for me! Dont trust myself yet. Danger time will be cooking the kids dinner….

My goal weight is 120 pounds – I would love to be a size 4US (8UK and AUS)

I think you’re right Janeone – it would be closer to 200 – I might sprinkle with cheese as a treat next time.

I’m lucky that I don’t have to cook for anyone else when I’m fasting. I live with my boyfriend, but make him fix his own supper on those nights.

I’ve been struggling with it myself but in the last month I’ve shed almost 10piunds and feel great. Think it’s a combination of exercise and convenience in cooking healthy meals. Everyone has different requirements though when losing weight.. I am a big foodie so I’ve always been inclined to snack a lot. I bought the slimming world magazine lately and they have these products called the actifry on special offer. Quite good for convenient cooking and for things like stir fries and healthy curries. Link is here – http://www.homeandcook.co.uk/slimm...
    x found it really helped changed my eating habits too.

Hi lightweight,

I think the link you posted is incomplete. Would you min checking it and posting again? I would really love to check it out.

Okay everyone, time for updates:

I started 1.5 weeks ago (August 10 at 145.5 pounds (66kg), I am now 140 lbs (63.5kg), meaning that I’ve lost 5.5 pounds or 2.5 kg!

What about you?

Hi, Janeone,

When I first started 5:2 a big overeating day between fasts didn’t add pounds, but it probably slowed me down. Now it seems to cause me to gain. I think it’s because I’m getting closer to healthy weight. I try to keep a lid on it on my non-fast days now.

24lbs — not telling my starting weight until I’m finished losing!

I am happy with a loss of three pounds. Works out at a pound for every fast day. Now starting my 4th fast day and really hoping that this loss is maintained. The three fasts i have done have all been so different it will be interesting to see what today is like. Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Wow Amy – impressive!!!

Time for my weekly updates.. im around 66.5kg now… hows every1?

Afternoon all, today is a happy day! Lowest weight so far on 5:2. Progress still agonisingly slow but this is my doing as I wont ‘diet’ on NFD’s. Having said that I have really noticed my tastes changing In the last two weeks, I don’t seem to crave anything! Weird. Still, this is the longest I have stuck to anything in at least 9years with the best result so I’m sticking with it.

Start weight 11st 8.8lbs
    Current weight 11st 1.2lbs
    Goal weight 10st 4lbs (pre baby no 2 weight, slimmest time of my adult life)

Wishing you all a fruitful week, x

Well done. Keep up the good work. I have lost 6 pounds so far, after three weeks(6 fast days.) I have also noticed that my eating habits are changing. I have less cravings, eat less on non fast days and feel full much more quickly. So far so good.

Well I am on my 5th week of 5:2 and am down 3.2 kilos so pretty happy with that. I have also had one week where I didn’t manage a full 2nd fast day but pretty happy with this. Now the next 3 kilos…and then the next. I am taking in month by month and I figure 2 – 3 kilos a month is realistic even if not as fast as I want. Whilst I am aware I am on a diet on non fast days I have had some big days with parties wine and cake! So its the least painful of diets I have tried…so far. Just hope the progress keeps going.

Well done everyone on the weightloss.

Hi… this week im about 65.5kg. However, on sunday I had a really huge dinner and til 65.7kg.. had some wine too…

yea. I hope I will lose 2kg per month as well. Been dg yoga in the morning…

Hows every1? Happy to hear we r all losinh so far…

How are we all coming along? We are at the four week mark today!

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 2 pounds this week, for a total of 9.5! I can’t believe how quickly the weight is still coming off (https://five2andme.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/weigh-in-week-four/#more-104)

So I have 14.5 pounds to lose by December for this 24 pound challenge. December 1st is 12 weeks away, so I would need to lose 1.2 pounds a week on average to make it. That’s going to be tough. I know that my weight loss will slow down at some point soon.

We never did say at what point in December we had to lose these 24 pounds by… Maybe we should say by Christmas instead…

Well I had a not so good week last week and only did a day fast. So going strong this week and will manage my 2 days in a row. I am overall down 3 kilos after 6- 7 weeks of this but two weeks were only 1 day rather than 2 so trying to refocus…I want to be down at least another 5 kilos by xmas.
    I am finding it slow going though:-(

My week wasnt that great. I basically eat less everyday rather than doing dg alternate days where I eat more and less the next day…

My weight is currently 65.1kg…

I hope I can lose a lot more by xmas too 🙂

Hi guys. Mine is now fluctuateing bw 64.5 to 65
    How bout u all

Blimey, I think you all must weigh less than me! I’m 11st 0.4lbs at the moment which is my lowest so far but I’m still fasting two days a week without fail. Maybe weightloss is just slower for some of us? I don’t calorie count in between fasts but have cut back on the bad bits of my non fast days. I have been challenged to not weigh myself until the 24th of October (party to attend!), which I think may actually do me some good. I always weigh on a Friday and that kind of sets me up to binge over the weekend if it stays the same or goes up, however slightly……so, resist I will until 24th of October and will report in then. Would still love to hear how everyone else is doing. Have a good week everyone, x

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply.