Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 676 total)

• Day 1 Canada CD

So glad to be here again! In the healthiest I’ve been in a long time and yes, that brings happiness. Not sure if I’ll fast this challenge. Going to focus on really upping my aerobic fitness as well as my iron levels.

Welcome to all our new members, stick with this it’s a fantastic route to where you want to be 💪

USA Day 1 WFD

Well, I am well into my WF and feeling great. There is something to what everyone says about simply not eating rather than trying to control what you eat. Until I get near the time I will eat again, I really don’t even feel hungry! I am hoping I can keep this up this month because if I can, I may finally reach my goal by the end of March! Good luck everyone in our new month’s challenge!

@michelinme Thank you for the welcome and the link to newbie advice 👍

Day 2, Tasmania, Aus. FD
    Thanks all for your positive comments about the spreadsheet. It is something I wish I could do better & I may do some classes to get the hang of it. I could have such fun with graphs etc.
    I am 66 (67 in May) & live on 50 acres in the bush in Tasmania, with my lovely husband of 48 years. I have 2 adult sons & 3 grandkids (20, 13 & 11) & no longer have a dog. I play golf at least once a week & try to go for a walk every day. We cut our own wood, which is great exercise.
    I gained a lot of weight over 15 years, running a hospitality business & then lost 36kg back in 2007 following a very strict, very low carb, low-cal diet for 6 months. I kept the weight off for years, following their maintenance guidelines, but have regained & lost 5-10kg many times over the last five years. I got back down to my GW doing 5:2 a few years ago & I don’t know why I stopped doing it. This time I’m sticking with it. I don’t eat junk food & have a fairly healthy diet. My husband does the cooking. We both enjoy sharing a bottle of wine at the end of the day.
    I hope to lose 1.5 kg this month, but if I lose 1kg a month each month this year I will be back at my happy weight. I will be away at a golf tournament later this month for ten days. It will be too hard to do 2 fasts that week, but I’ll try adding one the week before & week after.

Howdie, I’m one of those people who jump in ie I haven’t read the whole book yet but I reckon I get the gist and I’m keen to get started so here I am on the forum. Don’t worry I’m still reading it. I have post concussion syndrome and my hubby says my memory is still not quite up to scratch so even though I reckon I feel amazing these days I’m interested to see how the 5:2 diet affects not only my weight but memory.
    I wanted to complete the cognitivefun.net/test/2 test but can’t get it to accept my username and password even though I am following all ‘the rules’. Any comment from anyone?

Day 2 – Japan – WFD #17

I have a cold, so I haven’t worked out. Also is it raining today. I hate working out in the rain.

Seems like there are lot of new people. It is probably a good time to start some fasting and help build up immunity systems.

Day 1 Ohio, US — NFD (64 bites)

Well, even with the wallet recovery February ended strangely. Friday some friends and I went out to dinner and then to a student play. Almost immediately I started to have a reaction to something in the dinner and that morphed into a major GI upset on Saturday. The plan was to make Saturday a FD, and I was able to tough it out until about 6 pm, when I just felt so bad that I made semolina porridge just to help the system settle down. That worked, but then my last week of February was only a 6:1 week. I’m feeling better now, so with any luck tomorrow will be a good Monday FD.

@dykask Hope you shake that cold quickly!

@shazza60 Welcome to this thread! You’ll find that this is a pretty much a “go to” place for your 5:2 journey.

Here’s a start for Monday’s pocket list:
    @matpi
    @dykask

Day 1 Oregon NFD
    Hello I’m in for March please! I’ll do a proper intro post tomorrow, and get out the tape measure for updating stats on the spreadsheet. I did okay on fasting in February, but during a higher stress week, posting completely fell by the wayside as did my lofty goals of food logging on NFDs:/ Hey it’s a new month though!
    Although I’ve not been a consistent poster, I do very much appreciate reading posts, which are comforting and inspiring, so a big thank you to all the faithful challengers who post, I’m very grateful!

Day 2, Tas, Australia FD
    Here’s a start for Monday’s pocket list:
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

The first FD of the Springing Up March Challenge! Although here in the southern hemisphere I guess we’re ‘Falling Down’. Hopefully it’ll just be the number on the scales that’s doing the falling. I’m so glad to see the back of summer, to be honest. I never thought I’d say that, but this Jan/Feb have been scorchers.

Welcome to the new people, @shazza60, @helen285. Sorry, @shazza60, I can’t help you with the cognitive fun test. I didn’t even know there was one?!

Pocket List – Day 2 🍏
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie

Day 2 – FD – Ireland

Hoping for a good FD today.
    Welcome @helen285 and@shazza60 there are so many people to support you here… you’ve made a great decision 👍

Pocket list Day 2:
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

First FD of the month, sun is shining, air is fresh, daffodils blowing in the breeze, good thoughts and motivation abound ☺️

So it’s nada (except black coffee, water, and maybe a herbal tea) until 2pm lunch, where I have a small chicken and beetroot sandwhich on my home made Oatbran bread. Dinner tonight is a spicy carrot and lentil soup with black beans. I am going to have half a grapefruit daily too to try and decrease my blood pressure as it seems to be elevated after my bout of flu.

As @dykask so rightly said, with all that’s going on in the world right now it’s a good idea to boost our immune systems by a good bout of fasting.

This month ahead I plan to keep it quite socially. We have our wedding anniversary on the 12th so there will be dinner and champagne, plus we are taking a trip the following weekend as a post-anniversary trip away….but apart from that I hope to pull in the horns and knuckle down to getting rid of the excess poundage.

Great to see so much enthusiasm for the start of the month.

@ccco I really hope you get to goal soon, you are a stalwart for hanging on in.

@michelinme, yes, it seems you, me and @flourbaby are following each other’s trajectory on the upwards scales…..lets make this the month that the trend is reversed!!

Going to put myself on the Pocket List -I feel it will be a mega one 👍

@matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010

Day 2 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Not my best start to the month? Saturday weather foul so no walking, in the evening we had friends round, my OH is an excellent cook, I’m rather good at baking bread! So starter of Tarte Flambe, I baked fresh on the BBQ, followed by Cassoulet with Focaccia bread, coconut rice and boozy plums, all home made and delicious. Plus a small sized lake of wine! The ‘Inner Warthog’ was out of his cage and made the most of it. Sunday, lethargic and had a lazy day, finished off the leftovers from Saturday. ………. SO !

FD today, got a bit more building work to do, weather is fine but cold, a couple of walks planned and back on the wagon, meals planned for the next few days so undo the weekends excess. Not the best start, but as I know from experience, the weekends excess will be gone by Fridays weigh in, if I sit my backside firmly on the 5:2 wagon!

Welcome to the newbies, plenty of encouragement round here, don’t feel shy about asking questions either.

Take care all.

Pocket list Day 2:
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Day 1 UK FD

First fast of March – >500 OMAD for me , have a little trip to Rome on Thursday for 4 days so aiming to be controlled beforehand and get super organised when I get back and get a decent loss recorded this month

Pocket list Day 2:
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 2 Melb Aust FD800
    Day 1 TDEE

Good start to the month, and great to see some “newbies” joining us. After a few bad months when my weight just seemed to go up and up, February was a good turnaround, with a loss of 3.9 kg. This month? I always try to lose 4 kg in a month, and realistically, I’ll be happy if I lose 2kg; last month was unusual, but I’ll take it 🙂

Introduction: I’m a 70-year-old retired single female whose household is ruled by a ginger tabby named Wilbur who is even now draped along my legs as I try to type. I have a lot of involvement with diverse people in my very multicultural local church which adds much interest to my life. I’m also doing a part-time doctorate degree, just to keep out of mischief 🙂

Great for us all to be working together to be our healthier happier and thinner best!

Day 2 UK – NFD

Good morning/afternoon/evening

I had a successful OMAD yesterday and ate within my calorie allowance.

Today is my birthday but won’t I be having cake (coeliac plus avoiding added sugar). Nonetheless I’m sure I’ll have a great day. OH taking me out for lunch which I’m looking forward too.

Have a great day!

Day 2, Cheshire UK NFD

Had a fairly controlled weekend. No booze on Saturday at a friends house and only a shared bottle of red wine last night with dinner. Today I’ll try to keep under 1000 calories – a sandwich at lunch then fish and salad at tea.

We’re off to see the UKs biggest warship today, it’s moored in Liverpool. It’s a bit of a drive for us but we love the city and go often. Plus we’ll probably do about 4 miles walking as we’re getting the bus across and it drops off miles away from where the ship is.

Welcome to all the newbies, this forum is a fantastic resource, people on it are nothing but supportive and friendly.

Happy Monday everyone.

Day 2 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Managed 16:8 yesterday and came in under my TDEE. So pleased with that.
    @michelinme – I’m intending to pick up my knitting needles/crochet hook to keep me occupied during the evenings. I made a lot of items last summer up until Dec, as both my nieces were expecting. But I’ve not done any since. I enjoy being creative so I’m stumped as to why I haven’t made anything since.
    @cateaus – I too enjoy a glass or two of wine but I’m really trying to keep dry till Fri. Doesn’t always work, especially when my DH signed us up to a wine appreciation group 🙂

Pocket list Day 2:
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 2 – Donegal Ireland – FD

Great start to my exercise regime yesterday not, we came home soaked and the poor dogs were so dirty & mucky, luckily they are booked in for a groom tomorrow. Food wise did fairly well over the weekend stayed within TDEE.

Warm welcome to new members @shazza60 & @helen285.
    Good luck to all fasting today
    Pocket list Day 2:
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @emerald32

Day 2 Country west Australia NFD
    Day 1 CD
    HI to all fasters oldies and newbies.
    Phew!!! Finally starting to reset my appetite and eat less – after 2 years of hugely overeating.
    Lent helps with fasting ( not sure that is what Lent is actually for!!) but it all helps.
    And the scales are gradually heading south but it IS a long term strategy for this WOE and I’m not worrying about the daily bouncing of the scales up and down by up to 2 kgs either way.
    Daily weigher, weekly recorder on a Saturday morning.
    Will catch up on posts later – accountability is key for me and hence the importance of this group.
    Have DD and DS about to head off across the country to Sydney so a lather of packing, checking and all those little details for an early start tomorrow.😲
    Night all.😴

Day 2 UK FD

Well, i seem to have put on 3lbs overnight 🙁 Not exactly the March start I was hoping for – I’m now heavier than since April 2018!!!

But on the basis I can choose how to respond, I’m springing back from that to launch the month with a WFD! Well, that’s the plan… Lots of fizzy water, some black coffee then switching to peppermint or ginger tea, plus a hot marmite later on to keep salts up.

WFD also unlocks time usually spent preparing or eating food, so I’m looking forward to a later yoga & meditation. Plus some time sitting reading my Lent book and preparing for this week’s course. And just a couple of hours project work this afternoon. Here goes…

_____________________________________________________________________________

@cateaus wow to living in the Tasmanian bush – it sounds like a wonderfully grounded life. Sounds like you are well on the way to your goal for the year
    @shazza60 welcome to the forum. This is a challenge for March, where we set ourselves goals in terms of fasting/weight loss and encourage each other on the way – y9ou are very welcome to join us! If you’d like more general 5:2 info here’s a guide to how the forum works
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-to-use-the-the-fast-diet-forums/
    @dykask get well soon
    @matpi goodness you had a strange February. Hope you are fully recovered and
    this month gets off to a better start 🙂
    @angrypony welcome to the March challenge
    @ihatelettuce empathy with the backward start to the month – tho sounds like a fun weekend. Balance is the key to success 🙂
    @betsylee you had a great February – we’ll be hanging on to your coat tails for March 🙂
    @judyjudes – Happy Birthday! Who needs cake? hope you have a lovely day!
    @suki2 Thank you for that great idea! I usually knit to concentrate better – mainly hats for a particular project with many homeless refugees & asylum seekers. But i’ll be adding a 30 min knit slot to my evening routine this month
    @emerald32 Sounds like a great weekend. NFDs are more challenging for most of us than FDs
    @lilymartin congratulations on turning it around – and a long-term strategy for success. Here’s to a good challenge in March

Great to start the month with a strong Pocket list – here’s to staying strong together today!

Pocket list Day 2
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @michelinme

Today is a good day to bloom where you are planted

Day 2, md US, FD

First FD of my favorite Month! Quick blurb about me. I am 41, female, born and raised in the DC area, live few mins south of the beautiful town of Annapolis and was a dream to live by the water since I was a young girl so very thankful for that 🙏. I put on a fair amount of weight when I went thru a divorce and subsequently my DH did. His has been the gift that keeps on giving, with court and legal stuff over the past 10yrs, I can’t make any of it up and wouldn’t experience it on anyone. I lost of it before I got pregnant with my DS. And the past 5 yrs has been a yoyo losing baby weight, going back to court over custody, my DH was effected by layoffs for 9 mos while we went thru that, then the kicker was my younger sister passed away unexpectedly leaving her 1yo baby twin girls behind. I’ve remained physical with workouts but just didn’t care as much about what I was eating. I wanted to try this WOL last year but couldn’t focus on it after the loss. I am much better now and following the holidays, my birthday etc I started the Feb challenge. Great news to report I’ve lost at least an inch around my waist and Feb had a few hiccups which I’m OK with! Easy does it. Now March is going to be good. I’ve had several fast days under my belt, doing 16/8 as well and doing this alongside my DH which has been nice.

This group has been super supportive of one another and happy to be back for the next challenge and get into my size 8s is my long term goal. Short term is comfortably in my 10s and almost there. So all in all around 30lbs.

Pocket List
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @michelinme
    @cavanya

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Great to see so many familiar names here. Yeah for this forum!!

Maintenance is a bear. Can’t decide if it might even be worse than losing because if I gain a couple pounds, I am right back to 5:2 again (when 6:1 isn’t really doing it). I have logged into MyFitnessPal for 1197 days in a row. Whew!!

@michelinme -you asked!

@betsylee – always great to see another septuagenarian here. I finished my PhD at nearly 60 so feel for you doing your doctorate. You go girl.

@judyjudes “Happy birthday, dear Judy ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to you!”

Onward and downward.

Day 2 Canton Oh WFD1

First FD of the month for me too.

@shazza60 welcome to the forum! Cognitive test? On this forum? Did not know about it either!

Second the initial suggestion by @dykask to boost immune systems with fasting. Don’t want to jinx myself, but between my ICU nursing career and fasting, I just do not get sick! The last time I succumbed to an upper respiratory infection was 5 years ago, and I was only down for a couple of days.

@betsylee I love the idea of your part time doctorate! Kudos 🙂

@helen285 welcome!

Here is my story: 45 year old female who started out skinny in life, and gained weight after having my kids. Since then I have tried every diet known to man (and womankind). Up until a few years ago, I did not have any difficulty losing weight, I would gain some, try a fad diet and lost it all. However that all changed after I clocked 40; the weight piled on and refused to budge no matter what I tried, I was getting desperate until I stumbled on this forum. I lurked for a while, joined the challenges 3 years ago, started ADF and lost 30 pounds in 4 months. Then I got complacent, and gained 15 of those unwanted pounds back over the last year. Happy to report that I have lost 10 pounds since the year began by committing to the challenges and posting daily; and based on feedback from loved ones, I have decided to maintain at this weight and size.

Water fasts have been very helpful in getting me back on track; I am cooler and sleep better when water fasting. I started experiencing the dreaded hot flashes late last year, and they have been a game changer in terms of what I can successfully indulge in. It’s not fun overloading on refined carbs when I know that I will have to pay for it at bedtime.

March will be a dry month for me – No alcohol, also no sweets. Apples for the win! I would also like to plank for 30 days. It was fun to do so in January – anybody want to join the plank challenge?

@songbirdme you are an inspiration with your daily posts here and on MFP !

Day 2 pocket list -Bring it on spring!
    Pocket List
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @michelinme
    @cavanya

USA Day 2 WFD

I started a WFD yesterday but it went down the tubes, so back to it today! Adding myself to the pocket list.

Day 2 pocket list -Bring it on spring!
    Pocket List
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @cateaus
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @emerald32
    @michelinme
    @cavanya
    @ccco

Bestsylee, congratulations on your part time doctorate. I am a 70 yo woman, too, and I have two undergraduate and two masters degrees! I often thought it would be nice to have doctor in front of my name but I don’t think my mind works that way anymore. I keep my mind active by practicing the three non English languages I learned young even though I really don’t have anyone to speak to anymore in them. I can watch foreign movies and read. That helps! …and I have an app that helps me practice speaking. That’s fun. When the weather is good, I play lots of golf and belong to a ladies’ golf group. Much fun! Nevertheless, I think that doctorate could look really impressive in front of your name. Good luck!

I ‘ve read all the posts from today and I am b behind you and all your challenges. Good luck and have a great day! 🙂

Forgive me asking but what is the pocket list? Am I missing out on something?

Day 2 NFD has gone well
    First FD tomorrow – got my breakfast sorted (174 cals). Any ideas on what I can have for my evening meal for 324 cals?

Day 2 Canada NFD

I’ve started a 30 day meditation challenge/course, it’s something I’ve been trying to build into my day. It’s via an app 1 Giant Mind which I like.

Day 2 UK FD

Great to be here on the March challenge and thanks to @michelinme for hosting.

I only managed to lose 1kg on the February challenge… not what I wanted but better than nothing! So this month I’m planning to firmly take my seat on the wagon and hang on! I’m fed up mucking about with the 5kg or so that I still need to lose to get back to my desired weight. I lost over 20 pounds around 2-3 years ago and am trying to get back to the weight I was then!
    I will try to post every day as it definately helps to keep me on track.

Day 3, Tasmania, Aus NFD
    @judyjudes- Happy Birthday!
    @saffy420- do you try to keep under 1000 regularly on NFDs?
    @suki2- I think wine is my downfall. I am going to try to limit it a bit more too.
    @emerald32- what sort of dogs do you have? I miss my old dog, but am trying hard not to get another.
    @lilymartin- So, I’m not the only one who’s weight can fluctuate 2kg from day to day? I’m going to pretend I didn’t see what the scales said today or I think I would just give up!
    @michelinme- You have such a positive attitude. I love it!
    @cavanya- What a time you have had. You sound so strong & resilient. Your life must get better. Good for you being able to refocus on losing weight again. This is a very supportive place & I’m glad I am a part of it again.
    @SongBirdMe- Maintenance is tough, but I can’t wait (well I have to) to get back there again & this time it will be 5:2 that keeps me there. Maybe my 2 days would be 800 cals, rather than 500, but who knows. Fast forward!
    @Basyjames- a dry month? Wow- good for you. I’m going away with a very sociable social golf group in a couple of weeks, but I might think about a dry April. I don’t think I’m capable of doing planks, but a squat challenge would be a whole different ball game.
    @ccco- another golfer? I’m not a good golfer, but I love it & also play in a ladies group, but also another social group that play on different courses around Tasmania each month & they have nationals once a year. They are a fun group.
    @Helen285- The pocket list is a list of the days fasters. Good luck with today’s fast

I had such a rough night’s sleep last night after my FD. Does anyone else sleep badly after a fast? I had my main meal at lunch-time, rather than at night & that may have been the problem. I had also played an extra game of golf on Sunday & was really hungry all day & cranky(hangry!)

Day 3, Tasmania, Australia, NFD.
    I have tried posting & it would not work. Is there a limit on the length of posts? I had addressed everyone separately & was disappointed that it won’t work 🙁 This is a test.

@helen285 the pocket list is the list of people who are fasting on the day of. It’s a tool for encouragement and support as in “we are all in this together”.

As for suggestions for your evening meal; your choice of a lean protein and a handful of vegetables usually does the trick. Some people like soup, a colorful salad, stuff like that.

I would caution you to be careful with what you eat for breakfast; the lower the sugar content of your meal, the better off you’ll be – by avoiding the hunger dragon! Many have found that delaying the first meal of the day helps with a successful fast day. But of course, everyone is different and what works for some may not work for you, so tinker with it and all the best to you: you’re in the right place 🙂

Day 2 Florida USA MFD @michelinme It appears Ive been taken off the Speadsheet, although I haven’t missed a month in years. Thanks for hosting. I’d appreciate being put back on.

Day 3 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well enough, even though I was fighting a cold. Sort of feeling okay today, better than yesterday.

Day 2 Oregon 24 hr FD…WFD?
    Today ended up with my first ever 24 hour fast! 4pm to 4pm…tons of water, plain black tea, and 2 cups of plain black coffee. So I guess it is a liquid fast day rather than just water? Could someone with experience please set me straight on this?:) I’d really appreciate it, thank you!
    I didn’t plan it, I usually do 16/8 + fast 800, but as the day went along, with lots of good distractions. I decided to just go for it. It’s a nice reset for March, as the end of February involved some disturbing emotional eating.
    Didn’t get measurements done, nor did I do an intro, so that’s on tap for tomorrow.
    I saw a good sized pocket list, and I could have been on it:/ next time! I hope fasting went well for the pocketeers today:)

Day 2 Ohio, US — MFD

A good MFD which is something I needed after last Saturday’s experience. The day has been quite long with me finishing my work for tomorrow about five minutes ago. I’m definitely looking forwards to a nice warm bed in a few minutes!

@dykask Hope your improvement continues to be quick and complete!

Only 19 more days til the equinox!

Day 2 Oregon second post
    @basyjames, I’m up for another plank challenge too, thanks for that! Without the focus of a challenge it’s too easy for me to lose track. Anyone else for planks?
    @bellyblast, I love the idea of a meditation challenge as well! That’s something I’m always trying to incorporate into my life, so thanks very much for mentioning it and I’ll try to find the app.

@Mogaman- I set up the spreadsheet, but had never done one before & only put in people that had said that they were in from posts in this thread as I didn’t want to assume anything. I haven’t mastered adding people I’m sorry or I would add you now. Judy James added herself & I think Daffodil added some others. I might have another go now, but I don’t want to mess it up. Please forgive me. I’m a beginner!

OK. I have added the names I have seen in this thread. I might just be learning some new skills, which can’t be a bad thing at 66 yrs old. Please just let me know if someone else wants to be added.

Day 3, Tasmania, Aus NFD
    I’ll try again with my earlier post.
    @judyjudes- Happy Birthday!
    @saffy420- do you try to keep under 1000 regularly on NFDs?
    @suki2- I think wine is my downfall. I am going to try to limit it a bit more too.
    @emerald32- what sort of dogs do you have? I miss my old dog, but am trying hard not to get another.
    @lilymartin- So, I’m not the only one who’s weight can fluctuate 2kg from day to day? I’m going to pretend I didn’t see what the scales said today or I think I would just give up!
    @michelinme- You have such a positive attitude. I love it!
    @cavanya- What a time you have had. You sound so strong & resilient. Your life must get better. Good for you being able to refocus on losing weight again. This is a very supportive place & I’m glad I am a part of it again.
    @SongBirdMe- Maintenance is tough, but I can’t wait (well I have to) to get back there again & this time it will be 5:2 that keeps me there. Maybe my 2 days would be 800 cals, rather than 500, but who knows. Fast forward!
    @Basyjames- a dry month? Wow- good for you. I’m going away with a very sociable social golf group in a couple of weeks, but I might think about a dry April. I don’t think I’m capable of doing planks, but a squat challenge would be a whole different ball game.
    @ccco- another golfer? I’m not a good golfer, but I love it & also play in a ladies group, but also another social group that play on different courses around Tasmania each month & they have nationals once a year. They are a fun group.
    @Helen285- The pocket list is a list of the days fasters. Good luck with today’s fast

I had such a rough night’s sleep last night after my FD. Does anyone else sleep badly after a fast? I had my main meal at lunch-time, rather than at night & that may have been the problem. I had also played an extra game of golf on Sunday & was really hungry all day & cranky(hangry!)

Day 3 Melb Aust FD

Decided belatedly on a FD today as it’s now already early evening here and I just haven’t felt hungry, so I’m skipping an evening meal and just having a milk drink, bringing me under 500 cals for the day. Unusual for me, as I’m usually ready to eat by now, but very happy to not eat.

@songbirdme, yep, slipped over into the 70s late last year, but most people think I’m at least 10 years younger, which is nice. Not sure what will happen as the weight comes off – a few (or many) more wrinkles are likely to start appearing. Currently my fat fills them out 🙂

@ccco, like you, I have 2 undergraduate degrees and 2 master’s degrees, in entirely separate fields, and the doctorate just developed. I simply have a passion for intercultural communication and difficulties experienced in that, so doing a doctorate is my way of exploring that. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me, to be choosing to do the degree, but I persevere. Really, it’s fun. and keeps my mind active. You do that just as effectively by continuing to work on your 3 foreign languages.

So, with my study, @basyjames, no kudos, just pursuing an area of interest.

@cateaus, thanks for all the work you’ve been putting in on the spreadsheet.

Seems like most folk are really getting into the swing of March – keep on keeping on!

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

Good FD yesterday, despite a visit from middle DD who is having a fight with her GF and so myself and DH sat around the kitchen table with her,chatting, offering advice, them sipping g&t’s and me on my water with lemon 👍👍

Dry till Fri is my mantra this month!!

It’s going to be a CD today, small lunch, and a mince chilli for dinner.

@angrypony that’s sounds like a WFD to me as its mainly water based?….I always considered a liquid fast day (in the days when I used to do one per week ☹️) as one where you might have some miso or broth or something like that with the black tea and coffee.

Noticing that @ciren2 is quiet….hopefully you haven’t gone away, I always enjoy your tales of the postie life.

@cateaus well done on the spreadsheet and great achievement.
    @ccco and @betsylee and I am impressed with all your education and studies. Has to be great for the mind. My friend has recently retired and was thinking of studying forensic science for fun. I say she should go for it!!!

Feeling positive about the month of March. Planning a B2B from tomorrow and maybe, just maybe, try and swing an LFD for tomorrow …..that’s how I was successful in 2017, I did a 4:3 every week with one of them being an LFD.

Might try it again.

Have a great Tuesday 3rd March everyone.

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@cateaus – poor sleep after a FD does seem to be an issue for some people, especially at first. But then some people say they sleep better after a while. A hot milky drink before bed might help; although obviously the calories need to be included in your ‘allowance’. Check out this thread from ‘active topics’.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/sleeping-issues/

@ccco – three foreign languages?! I’m so impressed! Which app do you use for practicing? I’ve been using Duolingo (Spanish) forever, and I recently started using Fluentu. YouTube tutorials are also a great help, especially for grammar.

Have an easy one, Tuesday fasters. I’m going for 4:3 again this week, Mon, Wed, Fri.

Day 3 UK NFD

Good fast yesterday,like @cateaus I had a poor nights sleep , for me it’s intermittent I know some swear my magnesium may give it a go if it continues

@basyjames I’m up for a plank challenge although I’ll be away for a few days Thurs – Mon But I have a Bootcamp then an Abs class at the gym today so I should get enough planking in to last me a couple of days

Day 3 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone,

Bit of a reminder ….

I spent yesterdays FD busy, I had more building work to do, I fell into the trap (again) of not drinking enough water!
    Started the day as usual, coffee and catch up on the forum. Then started work, 4 hours of blood (yes, the hands got it despite gloves) sweat (lots), no tears but quite a few curses!
    My OH came home at lunchtime warmed up mugs of soup, piece of bread to go with it. I stopped and sat down chatting, hadn’t cooled down much, halfway through soup, went very red, very hot and head started swimming.
    Suddenly realised what was wrong, dehydrated! 2 glasses of water and 5 minutes sat still, started to recover quickly. Slowly started clearing up (luckily I’d finished, just needed to tidy up) a couple more waters and then fine.

Not the first time this has happened on a FD, when I have been dehydrated! (slow learner) Coffee for breakfast, a busy couple of hours followed by a MOAM walk, pretty much the same thing happened, water solved the problem ….. Please remember to keep hydrated of a FD (well every day to be honest) but the reaction seems to be more on a FD.

Take care all

Pocket list day 3 –
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee

Day 3 – UK – FD

Good Morning Everyone

Yesterday turned into a bit of a disaster. Might not have had Birthday cake but I had plenty of other treats 😳. OH cooked a lovely lunch of gluten free carbonara followed by a dessert of fresh mixed fruit with ice cream, fresh cream, nuts and honey. Oh boy was it nice but I dare not work out the calories. Chocolates might have also featured. I’ve got to say I ate more yesterday than I have for a very very long time. Scales show a 1.5lb increase. I’m annoyed with myself as I know from experience that it might have gone on overnight but it never comes off the same. Line drawn in sand. Today is a planned FD. However I’m visiting a friend and I dearly hope she hasn’t gone to any trouble and prepared treats. What do I do/say? My usual stance is be gracious and have only a small amount. The friend in question knows I’m actively trying to lose as is she so hoping I’ve nothing to worry about.

I need to get back into the right head space and not feel defeated before I start! Clean slate, start over. Fresh whole foods available in the fridge and a meals planned for the coming week. Sorry for moaning 😬

Take care.

Day 3 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Hi all, good fast day yesterday… although feeling very tired today…. I weighed yesterday and finished the month at the same weight as I started… a shame bit it is what it is… I’ll go for better this month but have a holiday next week so that might affect the numbers… we’ll see!
    @basyjames I could do with getting back to the plank challenge so will gladly join you and have added back my little exercise icon on top to remind me… also added back my “on the dry” and “sugar free” emojis for the days that I know I can apply myself…
    @judyjudes I hope you had a lovely birthday!! 🎈

Have a good day all!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3, London, UK, FD
    Days 1 & 2 NFDs, but thankfully, not EFS days!!!

Hello Oldies, & Newbies ……………………….. Welcome!!!
    So, I’m a little late to the party!! My niece’s 10th birthday on Sunday which was fuelled by homemade pizza & cake, then Monday was a day to get the housework done, sort through clothes, washing, ironing and generally catching up on stuff I didn’t do when I was indulging in Spanish wine & sunshine last weekend!!!
    A little about me, peri-menopausal in my late 40’s (Who’s counting!!), never been skinny, but always been cute!!! Now trying to bank some healthy eating habits & health to take me into ‘that’ time of life without the added stress of poor health both mentally & physically. 5:2 has given me the one thing I was missing ………. A sense of control, life is hard enough as it is, fasting offers me a sense of achievement , that DAFDS (day after FD smugness) is REAL, and in this tough old world having something to feel proud or pleased about is just FABULOUS!!!!
    Things I’ve learnt along the way –
    • Alcohol can derail your efforts as quickly as blinking…………… NO joke, my best months have been the dry months hence ……………………………. Parched March any takers???
    • Water is your ONLY friend – that hunger dragon just need drowning when he roars, glug down a bottle of water to douse his fire and you’ll be good ………………….…simple!!!!
    • Nobody said it would be easy, but this WOL is truly the easiest system I’ve EVER used for weight loss and it comes with a bonus of improved health ………………………….. Win-Win, I say!!!!!
    • Checking in to keep accountability is a must for me, I’m the queen of procrastination and my friends here keep me honest!!!!

Aims for this month
    1. Stick to 5:2, it’s time to get back to basics & K.I.S.S ……………….. Keep It Simple Stupid!!
    2. Lose 5lbs+, start weight 169.9lbs…………………. don’t even ask!!!
    3. Drink 3 Litres of water per day……..NO less!!!
    4. Increase my steps to get ‘close’ to 7,000 per day.
    5. Have a ‘Parched March’…………….I’ll give the red wine a miss for this month! No drinking my calories!!

So true @daffodil2010, you, me & @michelinme, and anyone else finding the scales going in the wrong direction, as our friends down under say, this month we’re pulling a U-ey …………………. We know this works, we know how this works, we know how to do this ………………….. so, it’s finger out time, no excuses!!!! I’ve reversed my success by about 2 years throughout 2019 and really didn’t notice it ………………… or was I just doing that ostrich thing???

I’ll catch up with posts later, so for now ………………………………………
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins

I’m in great company!!!! It’s just you & me so far @basyjames for ‘Parched March’ …………. We have GOT this!!!!

I’m in for the plank challenge too and continuing the 50 squats every time I visit the toilet, with my 3L water daily, I WILL have buns of steel come April 1st!!!!!

Day 3 Oxfordshire, UK – FD?
    Yesterday’s FD went according to plan 🙂 so today I want to consolidate. I’m not sure yet whether it will be a FD or not, I’ll see how I feel around lunch time. So far I’m not hungry. I’ve just had water and a black coffee.
    I’ve got a low cal meal planned of Chicken Sag for tonight. It’s a quick & easy recipe which you can spice up or down according to your preference. By my reckoning it comes in at about 300 cals.
    Serves 4
    1 tbsp. oil
    4 tsp Curry Powder, mild variety
    1 tsp Coriander, Dried
    ½ tsp Cumin, Ground
    2 tbsp (grated) Ginger, Root, fresh
    2 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped
    400 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, boneless, cut into 1½ inch cubes (I sometimes use cooked, then it reduces the cooking time a little)
    2 large Tomato, ripe, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
    300 g Spinach, baby leaves
    ½ teaspoons Salt, or sea salt (preferred)
    60 ml Water
    2 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped
    Instructions
    Heat ½ tbsp oil, add curry powder, coriander, cumin, ginger and garlic in a large
    pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. (don’t let it burn)
    Add remaining oil, add chicken; stir with to coat with spiced spray.
    Add tomatoes; cover pan and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir to combine.
    Add spinach; cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Uncover and stir to combine.
    Add sea salt, water and coriander; simmer for 1 minute.
    Serve with small portion of rice.

@bellyblast – I’ll take a look at the meditation app. Its something I need to improve.
    @cateaus – I always save enough cals for a small digestive biscuit before bed, together with a cup of Clipper sleep easy tea. That usually does the trick.
    @cateaus – I got your first post the first time. Sometime the site seems to have glitches.
    @jaifaim – you’re in good company. My weight stayed the same too. Still March is a new month, with new resolve on my part. good luck.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.