Springing Up – April 2021 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – April 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 375 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 377 total)

• Day 23 MN/US FD 2nd Post;

I’ve waited several hours for my original post to show up, but no luck so far.
    Here’s the jist of it:

@i-hate-lettuce – I’m glad you are progressing so well, and deafness and other issues are resolving.
    @stitchincarol and @basyjames – It is so true that our relationships and time spent with others takes priority over a FD. We can always make up for the indulgences later.
    @brightonbelle and @missybear – It is truly a mystery how motivation abandons us, sometimes for days and even weeks ( or months). Mine comes and goes as well. Just now I’m enjoying the feeling of wearing clothes that fit and some I haven’t been able to wear for a couple years. There are few things more satisfying to me.

Good luck to all the fasters, enjoy your Friday and your weekend to everyone else.
    I’m having my 2nd vaccination tomorrow so I am planning on a low key weekend. Will take @songbirdme ‘s advice and get some gatorade for electrolytes, drink plenty of water and I will try to stay away from comfort food (sweets).

3rd Post
    @nuno – So sorry to hear of your loss. How amazing that you continued to lose weight throughout the stress of such a difficult time. Hugs and prayers sent to you.

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

I slept soundly for 8 hours last night. Woke up with a dry mouth (I’ve heard this shot does require drinking lots more) but feeling well enough to do Silver Sneakers. I took it easy on the jabbed arm.

Having friends overnight tonight, and going out to dinner at our fave Italian restaurant with them. Glad I am feeling quite well.

@northerndawn – hope your 2nd shot doesn’t cause adverse effects. Some have said the 2nd shot after effects are worse. 🙁

@stitchincarol – how fun you’re getting together with friends. If I could, you know I would sing with your hymn sing!

Onward and downward.

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD

@nuno My condolences to you and your family on the death of your MIL.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 24 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a brilliant afternoon/evening BBQ with friends, didn’t overindulge on alcohol, but thoroughly enjoyed the food and the company! Just the 4 of us but what a laugh, non stop conversation and great fun. Didn’t need anything food-wise in the evening at all, going to have a FD today, I nearly overdosed on lemon curd cheescake 😉

Last of the frosts yesterday morning so today potting up seedlings and moving planters that were planted up a couple of weeks ago outside, but with fleece to hand for night-time protection. Tomatoes are starting to develop fruit already, last year was picking on 1st July. New seeds that I am trying, Thai Basil, bought a plant of this last year and its fabulous stuff, goes well in all sorts of foods, salads through to cooked meals, Basil with a light liquorice taste is nearest I can describe. I do grow quite a few herbs and Mrs IHL loves having them fresh.

Booked a hotel near our ‘kids’ and can finally go see them end of next month, last time we saw then was Christmas 2019! Phone calls are regular, but want to actually see them.

Take care all

Pocket list day 24
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 24 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Beautiful sunny day here.

@nuno – so sorry for your loss.

Take care everybody.

Pocket list day 24
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs. This matches my lowest Saturday weigh-in since on this journey, back on March 6! This is fantastic news as I have now undone the unexpected “Easter Extra Increase!” The curve has trended back to a total reset. Perhaps the month won’t have been a total loss, as I have a 4:3 that starts tomorrow. But averting a weight gain disaster is a success, in my opinion.

I’ve been wandering in the wilderness for 2 1/2 months, so it’s time to get back on track and seriously look at the stall-out! I feel good that I’m headed the right way again, so all I have to do is not sabotage my hard work by making wise decisions on NFDs: everything from being wary of leftovers, cutting out or reducing empty calories, and stay clear of mindless snacking and double meals.

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all just a quick check in as I have been very busy ahead of time off from work..

@daffodil2010 I did think “oh no.. what would the chances be “😂 but I don’t think it’s anything like your level of pain and also it is on my left side…
    It’s actually not so “twingey” now but I will keep an eye on it.. I hope you are much better now 🤞
    I cut my magnesium intake a little and maybe I should revert to the gel but just found it so very oily – I should possibly apply it in the evening rather than just before bed so that it can be absorbed…

I haven’t got to catch up on this week’s posts but will do later today.
    Have a good day all! ☀️
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 25 – lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Unusual for me to have a FD on a Saturday, but it was very easy after Fridays EFS day, a visit from friends a BBQ and beer!

Didn’t get as many garden jobs done as I wanted so out for a walk this morning then afternoon bimbling in garden.

Take care all.

Day 25 – UK – CD

Aiming for a CD today with a much needed FD tomorrow after a series of NFDs involving some 🥂🍷

How amazing has the weather been? Been out for long walks everyday bar yesterday – meeting a friend for a dog walk at 9am (an early start for me!) she’s not keen on a too long a walk so I may extend it depending on how I’m feeling by the time she’s had enough

@sarehkkk – welcome to this WOL – you may find the following link useful – 5:2 basics – answers to many FAQs plus top tips:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    @stitchincarol – hope this link works for you
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/rhubarb-and-custard-tart-recipe
    @i-hate-lettuce – those 2lbs gain and the reduction in symptoms you have described perhaps means that your body’s healing process is well underway 🤞
    @nuno – sorry to hear of your family’s loss in the death of your MIL – thinking of you all 🤗
    @northgeorgia = 👍 on undoing the unexpected “Easter Extra Increase!”

Right off to get organised before the 15min walk to meet up with my friend and her gorgeous and mad 🐕🐕 at the arranged meeting place – The sun is out but it is rather chilly still so layers will be required!

Take care all

Day 25 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody. Just checking in to say hello. It’s a beautiful day for walking and that’s exactly what I’m going to do. We have a lovely park with a somewhat challenging trail that runs along the Atlantic Ocean and my plan is to huff and puff around it :). Followed by a bit of tidying around the garden if I can manage it. My FD yesterday was not very successful, I’ll start again tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Scales couldn’t decide, but tended to zero in on 226.0 even, so I’ll grudgingly accept 226 lbs for today’s start. I wasn’t too good yesterday, but it wasn’t a sabotaged day either. I knew it would be tough with heavy rains all day on a Saturday; temptations abound! More than anything, I probably overdid the salts and sugars. I’ll up my water intake today for sure. Fiber can be miraculous, and I forget that. I started yesterday with oatmeal cooked with a medium banana and a little milk, with cinnamon and nutmeg for added flavor. Kept me satisfied until lunch although the snacking temptation was strong. I kept real hunger at bay until after noon.

Very excited to start my 4:3 today! Anything could happen this week, but although the overall month will likely average out to “nothing happened,” it was a scary ride back up to 230 before finally coming down the mid 220s range. I’m ready to start looking at the 210s, and finally get into the 200s. I’m committed to do this! No obesity by fall… yes, I like the sound of that! Some “thin” folks at work are surprised that I weigh as much as I do, which just means the weight loss has been noticeable. I’ve inspired at least two co-workers to take up their own IF plans, which is heartwarming, and although they’re doing plans other than the 5:2, the IF is working for them and is sustainable.

Now it’s a beautiful Sunday, and I’m taking tomorrow off work (when it’s supposed to reach 80 degrees F), so there is plenty to do to keep me active and away from the pantry! I think I’ll put some reminders on my refrigerator:

“ARE YOU REALLY HUNGRY?

1. No double meals! If you’ve eaten already, you should be satisfied. If not, you’re probably thirsty.
    2. How many pounds will you put on by watching TV shows today? Have a re-think.
    3. Leftovers are OK, if you can be reasonable. Share, freeze, or toss. Don’t have 6,000 calories at a time.
    4. You could have avoided that extra pound by swapping out that soft drink, those chips, or that candy for something more satisfying.
    5. Why aren’t you drinking water while reading this?”

LOL! Have a great weekend!

Day 25 Florida USA FD Finally managed a fast day today, the last day of the week. I tried other days but my husband kept making or suggesting non fast friendly things. Not unhealthy but when I planned to skip lunch yesterday (the way I fast) he made kale quiche, which was irresistible. At least I managed to fit in one FD ✔️

Day 25, USA NFD

For the most part, was in control of food most of the weekend, albeit tonight where I was tired and had 2 glasses of wine which killed my willpower and I ate way too much at dinner time .🙁 happy to have FD tomorrow.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy week ahead!💕

Day 25 USA (Illinois) FD

I managed to make today a FD after all. Wasn’t really too hard. I have a busy day tomorrow, including a dental gum treatment, so I didn’t want to not eat.

Onward and downward.

Day 26, Emden Germany, FD

@i-hate-lettuce Thank you for adding me to Saturday’s pocket list.

Pocket list day 26
    @dvw
    @erikaa67
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – Lake District UK- FD

Good morning everyone

Starting the week with a FD today as usual, lovely morning again, just a bit cool though. Sun shining brightly again, garden drying out already, weather seldom suits gardeners for long!
    However, making room in the greenhouse today, a friend moved house recently and has an empty garden, so loading up the car and taking him a load of plants, some perennials that have been brought on for him as well as tender plants which can fill part of his empty greenhouse.

Take care all, anyone know where April went ?

Pocket list day 26
    @dvw
    @erikaa67
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning. What wonderful weather we are having. Glorious days.

I have started a new exercise program, hoping it will start shifting inches and weight, can’t believe I am still the exact same weight. I feel stronger too, so shifting up a gear might help.

Off to work, but next weekend is a bank holiday and we have booked ourselves into a lakeside Eco-Park in our county that allows camper vans in to park up where you like and I can’t wait. DH will fish and I will relax. ☺️

Day 26, UK, OMAD

Last Thursday’s OMAD was extremely successful – a good thing as I was away for the weekend eating loads of cake!! But also getting lots of exercise, so hopefully only minimal damage done?! We will see…

@stitchincarol – Thank you for your praise! Yes, I also find dinner hard (IMPOSSIBLE) to skip in winter, but in summer I can leave the house at 6pm and get back in at 9pm, so that makes it so much easier!

@daffodil2010 – I am really familiar with your dilemma of wanting to lose weight, but needing to be super-careful after illness. I found that doing OMAD straddled both camps – you can still get some decent nutrition, but (hopefully) achieve some weight loss and get some health-related fasting benefits…

Good luck to everyone fasting today 🙂

Day 26 UK FD

Not sure what I just did , logged in thought I was reading the most recent post , replied but all lost in the ether and it looks as though I was reading day 23 any way ?

Monday as usual FD aiming to end April on track , I agree where has this month gone …?

Day 26 – Canada – FD

Good morning everybody. I’m going to try Mon, Wed, Fri FDs this week.

Thanks for adding me to the pocket list @snowflake56. I need to buckle down and really truly stay under 800 calories. I’ll stay busy today and that will help. Take care all.

Pocket list day 26
    @dvw
    @erikaa67
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010

Day 26, USA FD

Thank you snowflake56 for adding me to the pocket list! With you all in the spirit of good health and self care!

Enjoy the sunshiney day wherever you are!

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

As usual, I slept horribly post FD. Generally I don’t eat breakfast, especially before Silver Sneakers, but now wondering if I might have something.

@daffodil2010 – your weekend away at the RV Park sounds delightful. Oops, that’s what we call them in the States, where you take your camper van. “Eco Park” is a new term for me.

@fivetwofan5252 – OMAD is often what I use in maintenance. Years ago when DH was off in the Army, I didn’t feel like cooking for just myself, but knew I had to eat. I lost a lot of weight, unintentionally, doing OMAD. It does work.

Onward and downward.

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD Day off work!

Going to be a gorgeous day today! Not doing ZBC today, just going to be mindful with my refrigerator poster, where I also put down the TDEE for each 5 lb step goal with some ideas of how to cut out an extra 150 calories on NFDs. I think I’m on the right path.

This morning’s weigh-in: a tie with my record low of 223 lbs! I could possibly see a new record low on this week’s 4:3! April has been a demonstration of how easy it can be to fall back into old habits on NFDs, even while doing 5:2, to overcompensate the calorie drop. So happy to be back on track.

Have a magnificent day!

Day 26 MN/US FD

I must admit the side effects from the second dose of vaccine are more significant than after the first. I spent a lot of time on the couch watching television with blankets for chills, was quite achy and stiff with a mild but persistent headache. Also, very tired. I tended to eat some comfort foods such as chips (crisps), and a bit of chocolate. I did drink at least 3 liters of water, and was very thirsty all weekend.

I feel a bit tired this morning, probably due to waking early, but otherwise back to normal.

I’m planning at least 4:3 this week and possibly a true ADF week or two. I’m hoping to walk daily (between rain showers) for at least 2 miles/day, do strength training with weights 3x/week, and some HIIT and core.

My initial goal was to reach 150 lbs by May 22 (for my DGD’s graduation….with a lot of people there I haven’t seen in years), but I’m not sure I can lose 7 lbs in the next 4 weeks. I’ve definitely struggled to get under this 157 lb plateau I’ve been on (give or take a pound). I’m hoping the exercises I will be doing will tighten up muscles enough to compensate for not actually losing the fat.

3rd Post;
    @michelinme – I hope you’re doing okay, and taking care of yourself. Hope to hear from you soon.

Day 26 North Canton OH FD

It is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow; today will not be half-bad either
    @northgeorgia congratulations on hitting the record low, so excited for you. You are right, it is really easy to fall back into old habits on NFD. I am so glad you are back on track!

@i hate lettuce April is “gone with the wind” On some level, I feel like April flew by but I also feel like it dragged a little bit

@erikaa67 something about wine and willpower really does not mix well 😁

I am also getting lots of exercise, but my eating needs a reset, which I am hitting today. Funny thing, I did not care for most of what I was eating, bad habit can persist when you are stressed, tired or pressed for time. I am thankful for the opportunity to be more mindful of bad habit and grateful for the strength to cut them off before they sabotage my goals.

@northerndawn so glad that you feel better, congratulations on being fully vaccinated!

@michelinme I pray that you feel better soon.

Day 26 (oh my) USA/DC NFD
    Wow – the end of April. Yikes.
    So yesterday was a FD for sure – prep for that lovely procedure where you can’t eat and instead take laxatives all day. UGH. Came home and immediately had an english muffin – my favorite.
    I realize I had written a long post a few days ago that clearly was eaten by the ethernet. Oh well.

@northgeorgia bravo. you should be very happy with yourself. It is really hard for people to give up soda – but if you can I think you will be very pleased on many fronts. I used to drink ginger ale (loved it) but found that if I add a small amount of a juice I like (pomegranate or lemonade or cranberry for me) to soda water and even still water it does the trick and keeps you drinking. Just a thought.

@erikaa67 – wine, oh yes. somehow 2 glasses of wine, for me, mean all bets are off on paying attention to what I am eating. it can really do damage on that front.

@northerndawn – hooray for getting dose 2. but take it easy. I had a headache and was just generally wiped out for about 3 days. give yourself some space.

happy spring all.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I had another couple of days that were filled to overflowing with obligations, and I simply didn’t have time to post anything. Every now and again I toy with applying for an actual job, but I can’t figure out when in the world I would work that in, and I’m simply not willing to give up any of the various things I do. So I have lovely times–like January–when every hour of every day is my own, and crazy busy times–like now–when I seem to run non-stop. But today I get to work in my perennial bed (which is huge), so I’m eager to head outside shortly. It’s already 73/23 and it’s headed to 90/32 today, with clear skies and little wind. DH and I have a date scheduled for four o’clock this afternoon in our shady backyard for iced tea.

Notice how carefully I avoided any mention of food? My great discipline seems to have shrunk down to miniscule portions. The scale is still below 150, and I’m determined it won’t go higher than that, but I have little other ambition–I’m too busy, really, to have any passion left over for weight loss. I’ve also not listened to my hypnosis recording but once in almost three weeks, so that’s certainly a large part of my diminished discipline. As long as I can not gain anything, I’ll soon have time again.

@northerndawn “not stuffed into my pants like a sausage in casing” (You said “clothes” but for me it’s “pants”) Wow, but that image speaks to me and will be part of my motivation to follow the plan! I currently have some slacks that are so baggy they nearly fall off, but I also have some slacks I can now squeeze into, and REALLY want to wear, but that give the “sausage in casing” appearance. Great reminder to keep myself on track!

Awww, @i-hate-lettuce, I’ll bet you and Mrs IHL are impatient as all get out to get to see your kids next month! So exciting!

@northgeorgia Great list of comments for your fridge! If I don’t regain control soon, I think I’ll have to adopt them for myself. And SUCH a great weigh-in this morning!

Lovely to read the chatter from all the rest of you, but it’s already noon, so I must get off this sofa and out to pull weeds and make that perennial bed look well-tended. Have a great day, everyone, making like a river!

Day 27 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in, off out for a days fishing, used to be very keen but only been out a handful of times this last 2 years. Looking forward to going down to the water for a relaxing day!

@stitchincarol – Yes looking forward to meeting up with the ‘kids’ in 3 weeks time! A lot happened for all of us since I last saw them Christmas 2019….

Take care all

Day 27, Emden Germany, NFD

What a lovely day this is going to be. Supermarket shopping and market done, the first 6000 steps are done. Bought several plants at the market and picked wild garlic in a park on the way home.

@dvw and @erikaa67 You’re welcome, i’m always glad to have company on a FD.

Day27UK NFD

Need to keep active today as no hot water or heating for a few days at least I might burn off a few calories

Have a good one

Day 27 – Canada – NFD

It seems like April has flown by. I’ll not meet my weight loss goal this month but that’s okay, it was a rough month and at least I won’t have gained. Must be grateful for small things.

@snowflake56 – are your plants for your garden? I notice our gardening centres are getting stocked. I look forward to buying some flower baskets for the front of my home.
    @brightonbelle – sorry to hear no heat or hot water, hopefully it’s not too cold where you are.

I hope everybody is doing well. Take care.

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Took my mother to a family-style restaurant yesterday for lunch on my day off. Yeah, probably a ton of calories, but it was so good and for about the same calories, I wouldn’t get hungry as I would eating fast food. Light supper. That lunch is still clinging to my ribs as today’s weigh-in was 226 lbs.

Ready for FD #2 today as I return to work! Going to be an extremely busy week, so that should help out both my FDs and my NFDs this week.

Pocket list day 27
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 27 Melb Aust NFD

Haven’t managed a FD yet this month – first one planned for tomorrow – but have managed a minor 0.7 kg loss since re-starting 2 weeks ago, so that’s a positive.

Interested in folks’ comments re second vaccinations. I’ve had the first one, but AstroZeneca in Australia for over 50s, not Pfizer, so maybe the reaction to the second dose won’t be as strong as with Pfizer. We’ll see at the start of July.

Keep on the downward trail, everyone!

Day 27 Minnesota, US CD

Quick check in…..trying to stay under 1100-1200 cals today and another FD tomorrow under 800. I need to make up for about 1000 extra calories over the weekend, so I’m going to buckle down and close this month with discipline, if not actual weight loss.

Feeling great this morning, and walked about an hour yesterday, slept well. So, no lingering effects from second dose on Saturday 11 am. Will try for a long walk today and some strength training.

@stitchincarol – When I saw the temps for Omaha, NE yesterday my jaw dropped. It didn’t make it up to even 60 F here, as they had predicted, but stayed a cool, cloudy and breezy day, which is actually good for longer walks. Did you work in your garden in your swim suit? 😂😂

I hope to have some time to post again later. Enjoy your day, everyone!

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday was a decent FD, but the heat was too much and the sun was beating too hard to make much progress on tidying up and weeding the perennial bed, more’s the pity. It does look far better, just not “well tended” yet, but that will come. @northerndawn, I just read your comment about me working in my garden in my swimsuit. Now THAT would be enough to scare off the weeds, LOL!!! Yeah, it was astonishingly hot; I think it got up to 93/34. I felt a little dopey when it hit me that I’d waited until noon to go out and work in the perennial bed that gets full sun; that’s not a mistake I’d make in July, but it’s just not what I expect in late April, even knowing full well the forecast, LOL!

@i-hate-lettuce Have a grand day fishing!

@snowflake56 Your day does indeed sound delightful! Have fun planting; what will you do with the wild garlic?

@at Thanks for the link for the recipe; it’s absolutely gorgeous! It’s in my queue to make as soon as the rhubarb is a bit larger.

@brightonbelle Did I miss something? Why no not water or heating for a few days??? Uck!

Here’s a quote we used to see often: It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 27 USA/DC NFD
    I have been thinking a lot recently about the quotes many of us use at the end of our sign offs on this post. They make me think about hikes. The mantra that climbing up an incline is easier than the descent. Isn’t that exactly the same as weight – it’s far easier to go up the scale than to come down. The coming down is a slower pace (if you are being safe about it) and takes far more concentration and attention. Just sayin’

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

All is well. Dealing with sun and heat here too, upper 70’s today (mid 20’s C) but got a little yard work done.

@stitchincarol – not quite as hot as Nebraska at least!

Onward and downward.

Day 28, Emden Germany, FD

This is going to be another beautiful day, it’s still a bot cold, 6°C, but it will warm up later in the morning. We plan to work in the garden today.

@dvw Yes, they all go in the garden. We haven’t done much until now, it was too cold on the hands. We have to do a lot of weeding first but we don’t recognize all the plants so always take out nice ones as well. We’re not great gardeners, a lot of plants we put in don’t survive. I like the idea of flower baskets but have never seen the here, it must be a welcoming sight if front of the house.

@stitchincarol We use wild garlic in salad sauce, mix it with cottage cheese or Phliadelphia or make pesto with it. We use it for everything cold and savory, it loses much of the garlic flavour as you heat it. We only have it for a few weeks in the front garden and we gather it whenever we see it somewhere. The leaves look like Lily of the Valley leaves (poisonous) so we have to plant those, we bought 6 plants yesterday, in the back garden.

Pocket list day 28
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

Day 28 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a cracking day yesterday, my day out fishing! I try to explain to non anglers, it’s not all about catching fish, in fact you can have an excellent day out even if things are slow and occasionally no fish come to the net.
    The first thing is the location, yesterday I had the place to myself, not a soul around. Driving round the fishery the first thing to catch my eye was the flash of blue as a Kingfisher flew into an overhanging bush, excellent start. The next thing was, as I got out of the car and put on a jacket to go for a wander along the bank, there was a Cuckoo calling just up the fellside above, these things are a massive part of my enjoyment of fishing. Had a really enjoyable morning, but headed home at the right time, as I drove away from the fishery, there was a cloudburst, rain and hailstones, so perfect timing. I slept rather well last night.

This morning the garden looks much better, the downpours of yesterday have really perked things up, time to get round with the hoe today.

Take care all

Day 28 Melb Aust FD

So far so good. It’s after 5 p.m., and the fast is going well so far. I’ll probably have some scrambled eggs with vegetables a bit later, for my 500-800 calories (that’s whether I decide to cook using olive oil, and/or add some cheese; haven’t decided yet)

Pocket list day 28
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee

Day 28 UK NFD

Doing lots of exercise this morning to keep warm , guy came to service the boiler Monday morning for obvious reasons hasn’t been for a while , found some kind of “dangerous “ fault that required the system to be shut down He said it’s only a quick job but didn’t have the correct part with him Can’t wait to put the heating on this afternoon and have a shower – once again I’m aware of how we take things for granted

Day 28 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Lovely day here and I’m determined to have a good FD. As you say @northerdawn, close the month with discipline.

@ihl – your day of fishing sounds delightful.
    @snowflake56 – I’m sure your garden will look wonderful. It sounds like you have the same weather as we have here. A bit of a late start for gardens. I’m waiting until May to start cleaning things up.
    @brightonbelle – that hot water will feel great! Yes, a good reminder of what we take for granted.

Good luck all.

Pocket list day 28
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @dvw

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs again! Yay! Actually on the lower side of 223; the scales did hit 222 once, but I had to be honest haha! So, technically my lowest weight yet 🙂

Having an egg and a bowl of banana cinnamon oatmeal this morning to keep me satisfied through early afternoon. My last FD of the week will be tomorrow.

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday was NOT controlled, so I have another chance today to pull that off. I was thinking about this diet, this WOL, this beloved 5:2, and why it’s no longer entirely effective just on its own for me. I’ve realized because “eating reasonably” no longer is something I do. I’ve become so reliant on 5:2 simply working that I’ve thrown caution out the window. Know what I mean? I used to use caution in how I chose what went into my mouth, and eating reasonably was something I did as a matter of course…and, in those days, I was also reasonably thin at 132. So, with that new insight, I’m going to be working on what “eating reasonably” looks like in my life.

Sure wish I could eat/drink with abandon AND lose weight!!! 😁😂🤣

@nellen Good insight about a hike and losing weight being so similar…except, really? Going UP is easier than going DOWN? Huh. That’s not what I would have said, but I’m not a hiker, so I’ll take your word for it. 😊

@snowflake56 There’s an abundance of wild garlic around here also; I’ll have to keep my eyes open for it!

@i-hate-lettuce Your fishing day sounds glorious. 🥰 We also had rain last night, and I’d bought plants and potted five of my pots, so that was nice to wake up and hear.

Aww, @brightonbelle, I hear you on how we take things for granted, and not having heat or hot water would be a serious inconvenience and annoyance! Hopefully the part arrives promptly and it gets fixed soon!

Yay, @northgeorgia, what a fun weight to admire on your scales this morning!

My housecleaner is here making the house shine, I’ve done my part to have it all picked up, and the gloomy and cold weather isn’t managing to make me frown. Now to decide what on my to-do list is next up to get done.

And while I go through my day, trying to relearn what “reasonable eating” looks like, I’ll remember: It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 28 Florida USA FD Yesterday was supposed to be a FD but hubby got a yen for hot dogs and baked beans (he’s the cook.) I had successfully skipped lunch but that supper made it a MFD instead. Today will be a successful fast, lean steak and haricot vert for supper. @stitchincarol I too had become overly reliant on the 5/2 working and got careless with “the usual suspects”- fried foods, gelato, chocolate… I’ve lost 2 pounds since I reigned myself in- 6 or 7 more to go. I have a back injury so can’t do my normal exercise. Patience!

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Energetic and fulfilling Silver Sneakers this morning. Much of the heat and wind of yesterday is gone, but it’s still mostly sunny and low 60’s (@17 C.) and very pleasant.

@i-hate-lettuce – your fishing day sounds delightful! I would especially love seeing the Kingfisher and Cuckoo! I sent in my annual contribution to the Cornell Ornithology Lab yesterday. They are GREAT for we birders. https://www.birds.cornell.edu/home/

@northgeorgia – congrats on your fortitude and the scale reading!

@mogaman – I could eat gelato 3x a day if it were here. I also get hungry for hotdog (or Polish) and baked beans as well.

@stitchincarol – how delightful to have a clean house!

Onward and downward.

Day 28 MN/US FD

@snowflake56 – Thank you for adding me to the pocket list!

Walked for about 5k. Too busy today to do weight training. Will do so tomorrow.

All the talk of gardens is making me even more eager to get to work in my own. Tomorrow, I’m hoping to begin. Soon the soil temperature will be warm enough to plant some started perennials and annuals in my cut flower garden. Also, going to do a special garden for the pollinators and butterflies this year.

Kitchen nearly closed here as it is about 5:45 pm. Good luck to all of you who will be fasting tomorrow!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply.