Springing Up – April 2021 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – April 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 375 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 377 total)

• Day 14 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 229 lbs. But it’s time to reset. Apparently Easter had a huge effect on me, more so than Christmas! But the leftovers are gone, and I can refocus my efforts. Still half the month left to get back to my low.

Day 14 pocket list
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 14 UK NFD

All going well, hoping for a fab FD tomorrow to get me back to pre Easter weight on Friday – I sympathise @northgeorgia but as you say we still have the 2nd half to redeem ourselves 💪

Day 14 UK NFD

Sorry to be an absent host. A wave of ME-tyoe exhaustion has hit me the last two days and I’m good for nothing. Cancelled commitments and resting, hoping to be brighter by the weekend.

My eating habits have gone sadlydownhill. I’ve not yet fasted this week plus I’m raiding fridge/cupboard for easy eat food. I’ve again ‘benefitted’ from a chocolate delivery. A perfect storm

But there’s half a month to go and, health permitting, I’m keen to try ADF for a couple of weeks to see if it suits me. Encouraged by @snowflake56 and @basyjames experience.

Like @daffodil2010 my tulips are blooming abundantly,vlarge and pink and wonderfully set with cream narcissi. I finally have some gardening help at the end of the week so I’m hoping the beds will be dug over and some pots cleared for planting. I’ve not got my seeds planted yet but still time, spring will wait for me.

Hope you are all having a good day. Wishing strength to all fasting and energy to us all.

Day 14 Minnesota, USA FD

Yesterday was cold (around freezing) gray, windy and snowy. So, no outdoor activity, and because I’ve been cleaning out file cabinets and old paper, I’ve been quite sedentary. The snow is off and on today, and we woke to snow sticking to the ground and the deck. It should get a bit warmer, and melt, but I have no motivation under these breezy and cloudy skies to get out and walk. Very much hoping for some sunshine by Friday to lift the overall mood.

Good luck to everyone and if you are able to be out in your gardens….enjoy!

Second Post;
    @michelinme – Feel better soon!

Day 15, Emden Germany, FD

@michelinme I hope you’ll feel better soon. ADF is not hard to do and you get used to it soon but it seems a good idea to try it when you feel well again.

@northerndawn No gardening here either, it’s just above zero and we have very cold winds. Unpleasant to be outside but I have lots to do inside the house to keep me busy.

@brightonbelle I read you wanted to fast today, I’m glad to have your company.

Pocket list day 15
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 15 – Lakes UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in this morning, add myself to pocket list.

Finding we’re suddenly busy this week, catching up with folk, another trip out this morning!

Take care all

Pocket list day 15
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Another beautiful day, chilly when out, but we have a lovely glass covered patio with sliding doors on all sides, so I have been sitting out reading and opening and closing the sliding doors for maximum ventilation or heat retaining ☺️

Feeling so much better today than even yesterday. No pain, sleeping well, I tried a little light Leslie walk but kept the movements low, not my usual leaping about, but I will work back up to that soon.

I hope you feel better soon @michelinme, take care of yourself

Day 15 USA/DC NFD
    Good morning all. Somehow yesterday I pretty much spent the day grazing – this, that, pretty much whatever. Luckily there wasn’t any chocolate or really delicious stuff in the house, so the damage is just 1 lb. But still- what the heck!
    Off to have bloodwork down (just an annual physical – but given COVID it’s been 2 years not 1). We shall see.
    Enjoy the day all. How can it possibly be the middle of April!!!

Day 15 – UK – FD800

Another lovely sunny day ☀️😎 how lucky have we been!!

Eventually managed to complete a FD this week with a FD800 yesterday!!! so planning another one today 🤞

Had that long awaited for haircut yesterday afternoon – amazing how good that felt!!! hair under control once more and feeling good!

Today did a 7am Broga class followed by a 9am Aerobics one – then a quick walk into the village before it gets too busy for some essentials – you really notice the increase in cars and footfall…….

Once I have caught up here I’m going for a short walk, around 6km, before meeting 4 friends, in a lovely cafe garden with well spaced out tables, for coffee and a catch up 😊

@daffodil2010 – good to hear that you are feeling a bit better each day

Will join you for a FD too 🤗

Pocket list day 15
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at

I’m off to top up my Vitamin D with a wander off the beaten track to avoid the crowds – take care all and stay safe

Day 15 – Canada – FD

So nice to hear about everybody’s gardens. It’s -1 this morning and they’re calling for snow on Saturday. Hmmm. Nice and sunny today though. Today’s a FD, I’ve gone down the chocolate and ice cream rabbit hole over the past few days. Time to crawl out. 🙂

Take care all.

Pocket list day 15
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @at

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. Was hoping for 225 this week, but that’s not a bad showing. Going to be mindful going into the NFD stretch, and see where I can reduce a few extra calories in my habits.

2nd post
    @northgeorgia – that’s great news. Bravo

Day 15 Melb Aust NFD

After a month’s absence, feeling and doing much as @michelinme described in her Day 14 post, I have girded my loins again to restart yet again this year (month), apparently following the pattern of weight loss and regain of 2019 and 2020. Oh well, at least with 5:2, there is no shame with the gain, and the losses are celebrated.

Down we go!

Day 15 UK FD

Welcome back @betsylee

Thanks for adding me this morning @snowflake56

Pocket list day 15🪴
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @at

Day 15 – on vacation in Texas

Today will be OMAD to try and compensate for the vast quantities of beer, wine, and margaritas I’ve been pouring into this body, lol. All I can say is, it’s been fun! And we’ve walked everywhere so getting 10+K steps daily has been easy!

@daffodil2010 I’m so horrified at the ordeal you went through, and SO glad you’re doing well now.

@michelinme I hope you feel FAR better soon! Do you have a date yet for your vaccine?

@erikaa67 We actually use the calendar date to start our posts since we’re spread around the globe, but I’m curious what you meant by day 23—23rd day of what?

Okay, posting on my phone is beyond my patience level, so that’s it for today. Have a grand day, everyone, full of will power, success, and contentment!

Day 15 MN/USA NFD

I may actually try for a FD 800, or maybe just stay around 1000 cals today. I had a very good FD yesterday of around 500 and slept well, albeit just 6 1/2 hours. I often sleep less after a FD, but if it wasn’t restless, I do fine with less amount of sleep. When fasting.

@betsylee – Glad to see you back.
    @dvw – It’s smart to get back on track as soon as possible after overdoing. Good luck!
    @stitchincarol – Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy!
    @snowflake56 – Still cold and cloudy here, too. Like you, I have plenty to do inside. Now to just get motivated and get to it.
    @daffodil2010 – It’s nice to hear you are feeling better. I hope you continue to be more comfortable until your surgery this summer.

Good luck to all!

USA. Day 15. FD

Pocket List Day 15
    @brightonbelle
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @dvw
    @at
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

Day 15, USA, NFD

Was supposed to be my Thursday FD today but we were treated to a special lunch at work and I didn’t want to pass it up! Nice to have flexibility. I’ll have a FD tomorrow and probably have no food all day after all the hummus, tabouli, and falafel I ate today!

I’ll be on the picket list tomorrow for sure.

Be well. 😊

Day 16, Emden Germany, NFD

@brightonbelle You’re welcome!

@betsylee Welcome back!

@stitchincarol Enjoy your vacation!

@northerndawn Other than reorganizing books, I haven’t done anything in the house apart from cleaning. I really have to go on with taking of paint from the upper hall’s doorposts. I started ~6 months ago and haven’t done anything for a while. It’s time to get starting again.

Day 16 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Glorious morning again here, a list (in my head) of garden jobs to do, keeping on top of things and getting ahead. So a full mornings work ahead, excellent. We sat out yesterday and spent ages listening to the birds, particularly the blackbirds, they were very vocal, despite feeding their fledglings. Even had an osprey overhead in the afternoon, heading to their nest site on the other side of the estuary, they now are sitting on three eggs apparently.

Busy mornings lazy afternoons, just how we like it.

@daffodil2010 – Great to hear about feeling better.

Take care all

Day 16 – Canada – NFD

Yesterday was a good day, today I’ll have some cake to celebrate my Mom’s birthday and eat healthily for the rest of the day.

@northerndawn – thanks for thé encouragement, you are so right. Getting rid of a couple of extra pounds is so much easier than 10!

@stitchincarol – it sounds like you’re having a fab time, have a margarita for me 🙂

Stay strong all.

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Today’s weigh-in: 227 (barely), but a good start to reversing the Easter weight gain. Trying to enjoy my NFDs but be mindful, eating smaller meals and deciding which calories are “worth it.”

Day 16 North Canon OH FD

My sister, her baby and her OH have been visiting with my family for the last 3 weeks. It was so much fun to reconnect in person with family, the time flew by and they left yesterday. I was a little down after they left and weather wise it is very gloomy and cloudy today, which does not help my mood. Today, I am trying to pick myself up and get back into my routine; I should feel better after my workout-today is leg day.

Sorry I have been MIA lately, I have had my hands full with work and houseguests; however, I am back and ready to rumble. I have a lot of catching up to do and will read up on posts this weekend.

I also found out yesterday that the company that I work for is planning to transition everyone to permanent work from home status. I am still trying to process the information, for now I am just a little sad. It is a lot to take in and a huge change in mindset, I would have been thrilled about this when my kids were younger and I am sure I will eventually appreciate this, but I am still trying to process what a huge lifestyle change this is and what it means for me. Plus the clothes! I have a huge closet full of work clothes, some still with tags, and apparently I do not need them anymore. The company is making the change because productivity has been sky-high since we have been working from home and there is no need to rent office space, which is smart.

@michelinme I hope you feel better soon, and I love tulips. I tried planting some two years ago and they were doing nicely until the local deer decided that they would make a great snack.

Welcome back @betsylee, you are right there is no shame here

@stitchincarol enjoy a drink or two for me, and have fun

Nobody else appears to be fasting today, anyone want to join me?

Day 16 pocket list
    @basyjames

Day 16 Florida USA FD I’ve already lost 2 pounds in April, after a long plateau. The main thing I’ve changed is not having gelato with my evening cup of tea. My dog is mad at me because he used to get to lick the bowl. We have a great gelateria in our neighborhood but I’ve realized I can live without it. Maybe one time/month would be sensible. @basyjames You can sell those clothes on Poshmark – people love it with tags still on! I work from home and have come to love the freedom of it.

second post

@mogaman, that is a great idea. thanks for pointing that out.

Day 16 – UK – FD800

What a perfect day – gorgeous sunshine, hardly any breeze so felt rather warm – went for a lovely hike of some 15km, walked from Ambleside, up through Grove Farm to the Kirkstone Pass, then up the steps and rocky scramble to the top of Red Screes and eventually went down a long, mainly grassy slope back down to Ambleside – Max elevation 758m – Fastest Pace 10.36min/km – Slowest pace 22.14min/km – Average pace 12.54mim/km

Today ended up as another FD800 as I never seem to want to eat much when doing strenuous exercise but drinking plenty of water and certainly did not feel like having an alcoholic drink tonight – so a great positive as we have a Dine at Home meal ordered for tomorrow night with a matching wine flight so doing FD800 B2B2B beforehand will hopefully stand me in good stead to stay in maintenance – will try to remember to weigh in tomorrow morning on waking

@betsylee – great to see you back with us
    @basyjames – I’m sure you will find a way of adapting to a routine whilst working from home and a great idea from @mogaman re dealing with the work clothes

Putting myself on the Pocket List with @basyjames – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    Day 16 pocket list
    @basyjames
    @at

Day 16, FD, USA

Made it through (so far) today fasting pretty easily. Just ate some leftover roasted Brussels sprouts and that should do it for me. Again, yesterday was a big dinner, so making up for it.
    Getting 2nd vaccine tomorrow so hoping I don’t feel horrible.
    Be well.

Day 16 MN/USA TDEE

Not a bad day as far as calories go. Only 1 pound above my lowest weight so far since August, so the Easter weight is nearly gone. Kitchen will be closing in 30 minutes. Possibly fasting tomorrow since I didn’t today, to make a 4:3 week.

@snowflake56 – I still have some painting to finish in my bedroom from a month ago. In my defense, or as an excuse for not doing it, I have been waiting until I could open windows because it did give me a headache last time, for several days. Good luck with your paint removal!

@erikaa67 – Fingers crossed you don’t feel too awful after your second vaccination.

@basyjames – That is a major change for sure. I have read that productiveness went way up while people were working from home….but many complained they worked far more hours at home than when at work, and missed the ability to stop and leave work behind. It will be interesting to see how working from home now, for so many, affects their overall satisfaction.

Good luck to all.

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD

Busy days here but all is good and I’m very happy with my Friday weigh in yesterday…
    Off for a big cycle outside my 5km zone now hooray 😃 and heading into the big smoke later to meet a friend in a city park for her birthday 🎂. I haven’t seen her since October 🥰

Welcome back @betsylee! You’re back now do onward and downward ⬇️

@snowflake56 and @northerndawn I’m smiling here as I still have a list of indoor chores from this time last year that I have not got to… this year I will definitely clear them 👍 I’ve done lots of work outside but have been terrible at putting off indoor projects.. maybe that’s because I work from home so I’m out whenever I can be…

@basyjames I completely understand your upset… whilst I’ve really enjoyed working from home I’m not sure how I’d feel if we were never to go back… I am a little worried about going back whenever that time comes but do look forward to the social and support element of being back in the office. I’m also working so much harder now and longer hours but am going to fix that and adopt new habits from May when I cold back from leave.
    I do still dress for work as it helps me get into the zone and I present quite a bit which can also be exhausting 👩‍🏫 but changing back to casual clothes helps me separate the time.

@daffodil2010- you sound so much better already – well done and bonne continuation 😘

@erikaa67 good luck with your 💉 today… And @michelinme I do hope you feel better soon!

@dvw it’s always great to have an excuse to have cake 🎂. I’ll have some today too… actually had some yesterday as well but that’s the joy of this WOL 👍

Right, off to get my bike…

I hope everyone is well!
    Have a lovey day all!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 – Canada – NFD

Good morning all. Snow on the ground this morning, seems awfully late in the year for that! Oh well, it won’t stick around. I’m focusing on eating healthy nutritious food today and tomorrow, Monday will be a FD.

@basyjames – permanently working from home will be a huge adjustment, I wish you the best.
    @jaifaim- the bday cake was delicious. Hopefully you’ll have some cake to celebrate with your friend.
    @at – your walks sound wonderful, you’re so lucky to have the trails at your door.
    @erikaa67 – good luck with the vaccine.
    @snowflake56 – I’ll be doing some spring cleaning today too, waiting for the blasted snow to melt 🙂

Take care all.

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs! Hoping to be turning a corner. A whole pound lighter today after a mindful NFD. Will continue to be mindful over the weekend and hopefully get back on track this month.

Day 17 – UK – NFD

Another beautiful sunshiny spring day!

My Dine at Home delivery for tonight won’t be delivered until late afternoon……..so went out for a less strenuous walk than yesterday – nearly 9km at an average pace of 12.34km/min and around 300m elevation – Fishgarth Woods, Todd Crag, Lily Tarn, Ivy Crag and then back to Ambleside – T-shirt weather throughout 😎

Weight this morning on those fancy scales is 56.55kg – happily staying in maintenance – I do love all those stats provided as well!

I have lots of indoor chores to do but absolutely loath housework and decorating so only do what I really have to – am I alone in this??

@michelinme – hope you are recovering from your latest wave of ME-tyoe exhaustion and are starting to feel a bit better with some renewed energy 🤗
    @stitchincarol – glad that your week’s trip with two friends is going well and you are having fun – I’m not a beer drinker but the wine and margaritas…….Yum!
    @erikaa67 – hope all good after your 2nd vaccine 🤞
    @jaifaim – must have been fab meeting up with your friend that you haven’t seen since October and do hope birthday 🎂 and 🥂 was enjoyed!
    @dvw – Funny thinking of you with snow on the ground and me with perfect spring weather – so lucky to live in the National Park and have so many walks/hikes from my doorstep – never take it for granted and glad you enjoyed the 🎂

Looking forward to my meal with accompanying 🥂🍷 tonight – I have accounted for today’s calories and please to see that I will be just above TDEE

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend too!

Day 17 Florida USA FD Yesterday did not end up being a FD after all due to an outdoor dinner invitation. I can put it on the spreadsheet as a MFD because I ate very little and entirely healthy until supper. @erikaa67 Have a plan after that 2nd shot- you may feel fine for 6-
    8 hours then have side effects kick in. I have a broken bone because I made a plan but didn’t follow it. My husband got shaking chills and fever, I got profound weakness, my legs wouldn’t hold me up at all. He was fine in 24 hours but I’m paying a price.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Back from my trip – it was good. But my happiness at being home in our own bed again was compounded with seeing the home scale and NO GAIN! Yeah! I did some MFD’s and tried to be judicious with everything I ate (and indulged in) while mostly eating at nice restaurants with some fast food mixed in. Maybe my maintenance has become second nature.

I hope to get caught up with everyone soon!

Onward and downward.

Day 18 Melb Aust NFD

Thank you to the several folk who welcomed me back so warmly. It’s good to be back and on track again. Not that I’ve done an actual FD yet, but I’m still down 0.5 kg from last weekend, which is positive, just by being more mindful of what I’m eating, and making better choices.

@basyjames, working from home permanently sounds like such a major change. Does that mean all the business of your company will be conducted online and possibly via Zoom? Including meeting with potential clients? The suggestions made re your new work clothes sound sensible. When I retired, I had (and still have some) copious amounts of summer clothes, especially tops. Teaching in air-conditioning/heating meant that even in the depths of winter, I’d arrive at work totally bundled up from the walk from car to our teaching building, then strip off 2 layers to teach. There are still way more clothes at home than I need for my current lifestyle. Sigh.

@michelinme, I echo @at‘s comment – hope you’re coming out from your current ME flare-up.

@northgeorgia, glad to see that during my absence, you have continued to maintain and/or lose a couple more kilos.

@songbirdme, welcome back from your holiday.

Back on the wagon, let’s do this!

Day 18 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all! Well between two cycles yesterday I clocked up ore then 80 km and have woken up starving 😂
    The post 5km traffic was just crazy so the bike really is the way to get around and it was a glorious day here.it will be worse today with people coming out to the sea and hill walk… I’ll have a quiet day in the garden 🪴 🌸

I had such a lovely catch up with my pal in a beautiful small city park… everyone was out enjoying the weather but keeping their distance and respecting everyone else. The things we took for granted for so long are now just so precious 💕

I hope everyone is well!
    Have a lovey day all! We are into the last half of the month… it seems like a long one?

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 18, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 17, NFD

After 3 hours of removing paint on Friday and cleaning afterwards, yesterday I wasn’t able to do anything but dusting and hoovering again. My hands, wrists and shoulder blades are so sore. From tomorrow on I’ll do just one hour a day. today will be a spa day and my DH will cut my hair.

@northerndawn, @dvw and @jaifaim I don’t have any excuse for not working at the house, I have all the time in the world to get things done. I just have to get on with it or we’ll live on a building site forever.

@at I like doing things in the house but also like reading. The last several months the reading always won.

@basyjames One of my friends has to work from home also but has problems getting a good balance between work and life. She misses the feedback of her chef and colleque and feels everything at home distracts her from getting anything useful done. The strict lockdown we’re in makes her life so difficult at the moment, she lives alone and she’s a people’s person (unlike me, I love this quiet life we’re having now).

@songbirdme Welcome back from your holiday and well done on staying in maintenance while away!

@michelinme I’m missing your posts, I hope you feel better by now.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Day 18 – Canada – NFD

Good morning.

I had a good food day yesterday. This morning I’m going for my first vaccine jab. My plan is just to take it easy, as you say @mogaman (sorry to hear about your broken bone). I have friends who felt weak and nauseous and headachy. I plan to watch a ballgame on tv.

@at – I can tell you love where you live and enjoy every moment, good for you. I detest housework but I love decorating. I’m always moving things around to have different ‘look’.
    @songbirdme – congrats 👏 on the maintenance
    @betsylee – I retired last year and I’m still sorting through my clothes. I did an initial purge and donated all the professional type stuff but I still have way too many, we’ll see what gets worn this summer. They’re all sorted by colour and for now it looks tidy but I seem to wear the same outfits again and again. Covid restrictions don’t help 🙂
    @snowflake56 – you’ll feel so much better once it’s all done but just doing a bit at a time is wise. Enjoy your spa.

Take care all.

Day 18 OMAD London

Hi. Day 18 already. My birthday is gone already. I’ve been dry since March 20 – nearly a month I now realise. It’s a lot easier to be dry when the pubs are closed. We are back to meeting friends and socialising a bit, and the inevitable comments don’t make it any easier. I’m still on OMAD, so never eating until 4, and usually 5. I’ve been doing that since June 2020, so it’s a proper habit now. I think my weight is pretty stable, but I need to start being stricter ( ugh!!!) with OMAD to lose weight. I guess my BMI is around 26, and really with my frame it should be around 23. But anyway, I’m still here, still reading everything, and glad to be a background part of this forum!

Day 18 USA/DC NFD
    Good morning all. It is beautiful here – lush, green, flowers galore. Off to a yoga class and then a long walk with a dear friend.
    The scale has not been happy with me lately – up 2 lbs in 2 days. Water? Carbs? Not paying attention? Pretty sure – all of the above. Have my annual (or at this point every other year) physical Tuesday. Very much want to knock off at least one of those lbs. FD tomorrow. Exercise today. And start paying attention to what I eat. :))))
    good luck to all with the vaccines. I didn’t really have much of a reaction to my first dose but did to my second. I was told to drink a lot of water the day before and to add electrolytes. I think it really helped. I did feel off and had a headache, but it was manageable. Really I think it is important to just give yourself a break the day of the vaccine – take it easy even if you think all is fine. And of course – get those vaccines as soon as possible.
    Enjoy Sunday.

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 227 lbs and a day of reflection.

On April 1, I weighed my lightest at 223 lbs.
    By April 5, after a string of NFDs and Easter, I was 229.
    From this point through April 14, struggling through a week of high calorie leftovers and eating an unusually heavy breakfast to hopefully stave off any nausea effects from the 2nd dose of vaccine, I kept knocking on 230, actually hitting that weight again on April 12.
    My post FD weigh-in on April 15 was 227, and my mindful eating has got me right between 226 and 227 all weekend.

So, week 1 was an absolute disaster, with a 2 lb average weight gain. Week 2 was a patch-up week to stop the damage and turn the boat around. I think this upcoming week holds promise, as I seem to be on a downward trend.

1st Saturday: 226 1st Sunday: 226
    2nd Saturday: 228 2nd Sunday: 228
    Yesterday: 226 Today: 227

If I can continue on the pattern of loss this week, then I’ll be back on track to where I was at the start of the month. This has proven I have to really rethink holiday leftovers in light of a lower TDEE!

Taking the advice of @at I think I will consciously increase my water intake and reduce my regular NFD calories by around 150 a day. I have noticed this week I chose healthy options again, whereas I’ve been slipping on that in the past couple of months.

I have to remember that Easter 2020 was before I started 5:2. I didn’t gain a lot that week, maybe a pound. But that was when I weighed 273 lbs. My TDEE back then was 2530; At 223 lbs it is 2252, or nearly 300 calories less per day! An identical portion of leftovers now is going to have a much larger effect on my weight gain compared to last year! So, I think that’s why for the first time since starting 5:2, I had a significant increase over a couple of weeks.

My plan of action for the remainder of April:
    1. Be patient. My body has been readjusting all winter to the loss of 50 lbs in a year and didn’t want to lose more weight right away.
    2. Drink more water. Besides keeping me hydrated, it helps me satisfy snack cravings and replacing sugary drinks with water at one meal a day will almost automatically reduce my intake by 150 calories a day.
    3. Reduce TDEE calories on NFDs by a small amount. Don’t over-depend on ZBCs. Skipping breakfast can reduce the calories, but be strategic. Eating an egg and a banana is about 200 calories. If it keeps me from eating more later, it’s worth it. If it cranks up a binge feast, it isn’t. The goal is overall calorie reduction.
    4. The 5:2 is effective and I will keep trusting it. However, the ultimate goal is to reduce my TDEE to my goal weight TDEE. A little reflection like this each month is important in order to analyze if I’m naturally opting for fewer calories or if a little push is needed. Right now, a little push is needed.
    5. Watch out for the holiday weeks! It’s OK to enjoy, but at some point the holiday ends, so be mindful and ready to transition back to the pattern. If I must “fix a plate,” then account for that with the other meals that day.
    6. Don’t worry about the set-backs. I am human. It’s not a failure unless I allow it to be.

Have a great weekend!!

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

@penz How are you?

@dvw I hope your first vaccination went well!

Pocket list day 19
    @nellen
    @snowflake56

Day 19 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Where did the weekend go! Incredible how this weekends just disappeared, been ‘busy’ with the garden and yesterday ‘The Den Brewery’ was once again in action.
    Plus catching up with friends and neighbours, Mrs IHL has a new poster/sign on the patio decking, “Come sit on the patio with me … The drinks are cold and the friendships free” very appropriate. Surprising the difference between a few minutes natter when we bump into folk round and about on a walk and a sit in the garden with a drink and a damn good ‘blether’.

BBQ has been getting some use again and even having a couple of neighbours round to join us later in the week, normality starting to re-appear?

Take care all

Pocket list day 19
    @nellen
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Back to work today, don’t think I am fully ready for that as still on the meds and my immune system may not be at its best, so I will probably WFH for this week. I have mailed my boss and asked him what I should prioritise, and seeing the amount of emails waiting for me made me brew a coffee and come here for a quick post before starting the day proper.

I feel ok, yesterday I had the blues for a bit, tired of people telling me how lucky I was, I KNOW I was lucky, and people are being nice…but I let myself have a grumpy day yesterday.

So, not fasting per se but will try an FD tomorrow as I finally finish my strong antibiotics today…yay!! My weight has remained the exact same . .since last November!!!

Have a good Monday everyone.

Day 19 UK FD

Ahh lovely weekend catching up with friends , which involved a fair bit of eating and drinking so going to have a good week aiming to reverse some of the damage .I want to socialise but still have my month end target in mind , as this was the first time we’ve been able to go to the pub in 4 months I’m fine with one mad weekend but will need to plan better for next week Have a great Monday all

Pocket list day 19
    @nellen
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

Reset Monday! Today’s weigh-in: 228 lbs. The lowest Monday morning weigh-in this month! Let’s get back down to sub-225 lbs this month 🙂

Pocket list day 19
    @nellen
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)

Day 19 USA/DC FD
    Oh my goodness. So I had decided today would be a FD – I have my annual physical tomorrow. I woke up, took the dog for a walk, made coffee, and ate an English muffin. WHAT! I forgot it was a FD!!! So now, it is 7 AM and I have only 320 calories left for the day! Seriously??? Talk about best laid plans. Oh well, this will be interesting. I am just sitting here laughing at myself.
    I hope all who have yet to get their vaccines are able to do so this week. How wonderful will it be when we are all back to some semblance of normal.
    Happy week

Day 19 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to join with a FD today. Have a busy day, and those always seem the best to do it. I have my 1st Moderna jab due this Thursday, so happy to do my one FD today.

Pocket list day 19
    @nellen
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia (ZBC)
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 19, USA NFD

I usually set Mondays as FD but after getting my butt kicked from second COVID shot this weekend, I need food today. Ugh, big aches, fatigue, headaches, BUT is passes so short term suffering, beats the alternative. So cheers to our health! And this WOL keeps us on that path.

Will fast tomorrow!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply.