So happy with this new way of life :-)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marigolds 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I have been following the 5:2 diet for 6 months or so and I’m in the best shape of my life, I am so glad I had the opportunity to watch the documentary- I started the diet the next day, and it has been such a positive experience.
    As a scientist I was so excited by the novel research that seems to tip traditional ideas about healthy diet and eating habits on its head! It is definitely a way of life I will follow for the rest of my days! Thank you to Michael Mosely for bringing this fantastic area of research to the general public!

Wow, what a great testimony! I don’t know where you live, but here in the States we have a very prominent health show, the Oz show, and I was so disappointed when he didn’t thoroughly endorse this way of eating. I found it ironic that he endorses various diet supplements and other diets that also have not been “proven” like South Beach, Weight Watchers, etc. Let’s face it. There’s not one diet out there that is “proven” to be the holy grail for weight loss. So I found his remarks curious.

I’ve researched intermittent fasting ad nauseum, and I feel it’s the way to go. The research is just so fascinating and shown to be more beneficial than, let’s say, Weight Watchers ever was. Hear that, Dr. Oz?

Thanks for your post. I’m in Australia, and I do enjoy Dr Oz but his show is daytime television here, so I only watch when I’m not at work etc… Thanks for letting me know that he had spoken about the fast diet, I’m keen to find the clip on the Web. Like you I think it is puzzling he wouldn’t endorse an idea that has so many health benefits, as shown by scientific research. To be fair, I guess there is much more research to be done, but from the studies that have been done it seems to be “so far so good”! Maybe that certain weight loss company that is often on his show (you know who I mean!) don’t like competition!? 🙂
    Good luck with your fasting!
    Jan

Jan, here is the link http://blog.doctoroz.com/in-the-news/is-the-fast-diet-safe

I think it’s just shameful that he considers this an extreme diet. Of course he goes on to push the diet in HIS book.

I am very disappointed in OZ, and honestly, I won’t even be watching his show again. That’s how much I believe this will work for me. A friend of mine lost 10 lbs. in one month! Of course that’s extreme, and she has a lot to lose, but I’ll take even half of that! Heck, I’ll take anything at this point!

Hi, I got a lot of tips from Dr. Oz. I looked at that link, and he’s really only saying there’s not enough research yet for him to happily endorse it. As far as diets go, it’s probably still the youngest kid on the block. Even Michael has said a number of specific aspects haven’t been studied yet (in terms of number of fasts and how long, etc., so we have Mimi eating once on a fast day whereas Michael eats twice on a fast day 🙂 ). Don’t know how much more research would be needed for Dr. Oz to be happy, but I’m certainly still wanting some more! (like how many cals can I have on a fast day, or what is the minimum fast time, and still get the IGF1 effect, given I only need to maintain my current weight) JanSh, I’m in Aus too. 🙂

Thanks for the link marigolds, I’ll have a look tonight 🙂
    And Donald, glad to meet a fellow Aussie “faster”, hope it is working well for you 🙂

By the way, I just realised I typed “Mosley” wrong in the above post. Silly me!

Hi Donald, glad to meet you! In that article Oz did call the Fast Diet “another extreme diet”, comparing it to “Master Cleanse”, “Elimination Diets”, “All Raw Diets”, etc. when you click on that link. He pushed his own diet in his book at the end of the article. Oh well, what did I expect? He did write a diet book! Yeah, he said there’s not enough research, but when I thought about that, there’s not that much true research on every other diet out there. There are studies here and there, just like with intermittent fasting. I’ll be looking forward to more studies as they progress.

Speaking of being “extreme” I guess I was kind of extreme when I said I wouldn’t watch his show again…but when I do, it will definitely be because of a guest I’m interested in, not specifically for Oz.

Jan, you’re welcome for the link.

Here’s to all of us on this diet!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.