Slow Exercise- it is similar to Fast Exercise believe it or not!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Slow Exercise- it is similar to Fast Exercise believe it or not!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mvstorey 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi All
    New to this forum and wonder if any of you have tried Slow exercise.
    This is a weight lifting method where you slowly lift the weights for ten seconds contraction (up) and 10 seconds down. It is possible to do a complete exercise regime for total body workout in about 10-20 minutes per week.
    No need to do warm ups or cool downs or stretching either.
    Been around since 1980’s under the name of SuperSlow but my favourite website on the subject is Power of 10 at https://informfitness.com/
    Slow exercise only takes a few minutes a week and builds muscle and this helps to increase muscle mass which uses fat just sitting still so it also helps to reduce fat if not overall body weight as the increase in muscle can add to the total body weight.
    Be interested if anyone has tried this slow weights and compared it to fast exercise.

Yes, I’ve tried it. It works very well for muscle growth and it does increase strength.

However the catch is that you have to use a heavy enough weight to be at absolute failure by rep 10 of each exercise. It is not easy by any means.

Thanks diverdog- interesting name also?

Yes it can be a bit exhausting, but as it is so short its over quickly also!

I also don’t go to absolute failure each time but just push myself a bit- it seems the slowness really works all the fine motor movements and it also is very relaxing like mediating with weights.

Not sure of any real exercise that is easy and quick and effective?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.