Slimming world and 5:2?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Slimming world and 5:2?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mandy76 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi everyone. I just began this journey yesterday. I’ve done slimming world before and managed to lose but hit myself in bad habits.
    I was ok yesterday on my first fast but today I’m doing a slimming world day. The problem is, slimming world doesn’t count calories so I’m hoping to not get obsessed in calorie counting during this. I’m 5ft 8 and currently 11.9. I’m hoping to get down to nearer 10 stone in 10 weeks. In this doable?
    Is anyone else doing both these diets together?

Hi Jenny, I am not familiar with Slimming World, but I am one (of the few 😉 ) who do 5:2 without counting calories. It isn’t a problem!
    I checked calories a bit at the beginning to check I was doing the right thing on fast days, but even with that I have found near enough is good enough, and I know I eat well below 500cal now.

On other days I concentrate on mindfully eating, and having normal sized portions of (delicious) healthy food.

Works fine for me!
    I don’t weigh myself either, but my clothes and mirror show my success 🙂

Hi
    I have lost nearly 2 stone on slimming world however about 8 lb has crept back on over the last year due to a change in life style; I live in France for at least 10 days of each month. I understand how you may want to keep up SW on your non fast days. How about doing SP? That way you would automatically be cutting down your calories by eating good proteins with lots of veg, and limiting your HEA and HEB. ( sorry everyone that’s SW talk). I think this would be good.

Thanks for your replies. I’m on my second week of the 5:2. The first week I lost 3lb so quite happy with that. I’m using slimming work as a sort of platform but I’m more wary of calories etc
    Yes doing SP sounds like a great idea actually. I’ve actually learnt by reading this forum is to cut back on sugary snacks on the feast days as that will make me crave more. Quite an education!
    Today was my 4th fast day.

Hi, I too left SW to join the 5:2 clan. I wasn’t really a fan of SW – I lost about a stone and a half on it but when I went to the maintain I felt I was always hungry and bored of eating free foods, I just wanted bread and cheese all the time and definitely didn’t eat it in moderation! Piled on a stone of what I’d lost in about 2 months, so started 5:2. I prefer it a lot. I like how you’re not limited in what types of foods you can eat, so I could have a big fat 500 calorie slab of cake on a feast day if I wanted to, something you could never really do on SW because it’d be over 15 syns. I still keep SW principles in mind though, e.g. trying to eat lots of speed food over non-speed fruit and veg like bananas. Wish you the best in your 5:2 journey 🙂

I’m going to be giving this a go and combining the two…I eat way too much cereal on non-fast days xD

simple. dont count cals.
    many don’t. i was reading a long long thread, with dozens of posters who don’t count on their non fast days.

i honestly think rather than the food its been the weighing and measuring and tracking that has stopped me continuing to maintain on various diets.

its so anti social and annoying and … made me feel like a cult member rather than a girl who waned to lose a few pounds!

just dont count x

I’m returning to combining 5:2 & Slimming World, I love both and have done both independently of each other as well as combined before and for me combined it is as I get best of both.

On another forum I visit someone runs a SW thread. According to her potatoes and pasta are free! I’d see that as a red light to tuck in.

I’ve never liked the idea of foods as syns/sins. 5:2, and the science behind it, is brilliant. Our appetites have reduced enormously. I’m maintaining now. My husband has a stone to go.

JennyS,

You don’t have to count calories. I don’t but then I have a sense of portion control. If you can tell when enough is enough then no problem. Only you can answer that question.

PollyP,

Wow potatoes and pasta are free!! Good luck with that concept. Id keep shopping around until I found a diet forum that said chocolates and cakes were free. Nirvana. Would it help you lose weight though? Probably not.

Yes on SW potato and pasta are a free food, but pasta does no favours for me, but my mate lives on the stuff but looses every week.
    Like with 5:2 SW is flexible and all about finding what works for yourself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.