Should I be expecting any weight loss with 24 hour fast (every alternate day)?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Should I be expecting any weight loss with 24 hour fast (every alternate day)?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi All,

I started doing alternate day 24 hour fast around 3 weeks back.
    Basically the schedule is on fasting day at around 8 am I just have black coffee and collagen/1tsp MCT oil, some natural plant based multivitamins (one capsule) and the next morning I break my fast.

I haven’t noticed much weight loss and also on non-fasting days I dont eat any junk food. I generally try to stay within the calorie quota.

But even after following the above I haven’t lost much weight (around 1kg) and not much in the waist either.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Please provide me some feedback based on your experience. Any guidance in this area would be really appreciated.

Hi Waverider,

You need to think about 5:2 as a marathon, not a sprint, and give it a bit longer before you worry it’s not working. I’ve been doing it for almost 7.5 years now and my day-day weight is always fluctuating, going both up and down. The key thing is the long term general trend. After my first 26 weeks, during which I had plateaus and week-week weight gains as well as losses I’d managed to lose 17 kg that it had taken me 10 years to put on.

I hope it comes good for you. Best of luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.