September Challenge

This topic contains 1,413 replies, has 92 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,414 total)

• Man! I wish I would have started 5:2 sooner! I’d love to be in on the October challenge if possible. I’m only on day 3 of the 5:2 program. Will be following all of you for inspiration!

Day 12, NYC…FD. Just coffee so far. I picked up a lemon from the fruit guy on Broadway for my large glass of seltzer. Dinner will be chicken and mushrooms…and veg side.

Ga/USA/Day22:

FD for me today! Have a sensible 200 calorie lunch planned. The fast days are not the problem for me. Its the NFD’s that give me trouble. I had a good Tuesday, but yesterday evening I went in hard. I wasn’t proud of myself. I hope it doesn’t show up later. I worked out this morning so I hope that helps. I look to this blog daily for encouragement. Thanks you guys!

Day 22 USA (Illinois)

NFD today. Yesterday’s NFD went pretty well as I only ate 2 meals. I had a good healthy omelette for breakfast, kind of large, so I didn’t eat any lunch, just my apple. Then I had supper kind of early but managed a little snacking in the evening. I went to a meeting but only ate one oatmeal raisin cookie with my decaf coffee. Had some popcorn with some TV after the meeting. I could have gone back for lots more cookies as the one I had tasted so good! Can’t remember the last time I ate a cookie. One website said it was 123 calories but another said 200. Wow. I hope the 200 cal. one would have been bigger than the one I ate! Likely was well under TDEE for the day.

Stopped at a women’s clothing store yesterday and talked up 5:2. I am taking Dr. Mosely’s book back to the owner tomorrow when I bring in an item to match. She sounded quite interested!

Day 22/USA/NFD. Making progress. I want to join the October challenge but I haven’t seen a sign up yet. I love this!

Day 22 Somewhere in the Highlands! Scotland UK
    Not been able to link into any of our accomodations WiFi until today!!!

We’ve had a stunning few days in the Highlands. The weather has been amazing, sunny and warm, we’ve been spoilt!!

Downside is 5.2 has really gone by the wayside, just so hard to do when you’re on holiday! Back to our daughters tomorrow and will what the scales ay on Saturday morning!!

One thing I’ve really noticed is that eating ‘normally’, carbs,fats and sugar I am continually hungry, what is that about??? So I’ve ordered scotish salmon with scrambled eggs for tomorrow breakfast and will endeavour to fast for the rest of the day,but we’ll see.

We get home on October 1st so I’ll be able to get back on 5.2 track, with the October challenge!

Not been able to catch up on posts but will do so over the weekend.

Good luck everyone.

Rocy65, I would imagine it’s the sugar and the carbs (more sugar).

Day 22 USA FD
    Hope to do coffee-lemon water-miso all day and salad greens with small protein for dinner.

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: Was a fast day….but I fell by the wayside BIG TIME around 5pm. Drat! I was stressed and just SO hungry. Stress= gluttony to me. So I just gave in to it.

Day 22/ Ga/ USA/ FD/:

Who gets cranky on FD’s? Today is extremely challenging at work for me. Not so much in the hungry department, but super annoyed…..

Interesting that so many of us all got into trouble on the same day – yesterday I grabbed a piece of banana bread with chocolate chips which I thought I was splitting with a friend a work with an early aftetnoon coffee – she wasn’t interested so I ended up eating the whole piece and it wasn’t even good! Way too sweet and actually pretty disgusting. Also we seem to have positive days together at the same time. Is something spooky happening or what? LOL

Dead man walking calling.

Truly seems like this website hates me. This is the 3rd i had to sign up for this website in this month of September that is when i first joined. Im running out of emails to sign up with. Every time i come online it says username invalid. But try and sign up again with the same email and cant as its already be used. Or ask for a password reset cant as again username invalid. Clearly this site is broken. Three times in one month is madness. Cant be doing this for a whole year.

Anyway, lets carry on till i get kicked off again.

Day 22/uk/none fast day.

Small tuna pasta bake with salad.

Been stressed all day. Had to work all day. Then had to spend several hours trying to work out the jigsaw puzzle that is a window locking mechanism that some how just exploded its these small tasks that take a day and a car full of tools to try and fix.

Sadly this is the Legacy my grandad is leaving behind (he is still alive just old) a trust fund of a property portfolio (rentals)
    That i am some how responsible for all the crap jobs that test my patience to the max. From Wrecked and gutted filled with dog faeces. To a window that makes me want to beat the hell out of it. To a tap that i have replaced 4 times. To going to court to chasing rent ect. Or having people evicted. I never asked for this stress but i have to battle on though it all. And on top of it all, still not fixed the window. So back again tomorrow for another crack at it. Nothing seems to work out in my favor. New spin bike seems to have a problem with the break pads. New movie projector i got wall mounted the audio has gone on it crackling so cant hear anything. Life is full of unwanted stress believe me.

Day 22/PA, USA/FD

This is my 3rd attempt at an FD. The last two days I’ve gone 22 hours-basically up until dinner is on the table, staring me in the face-and then I ate my entire day’s worth of calories (maybe more), including cookies. What kind of sabotage is that?

No kids tonight means no cooking so I hope to have a true FD. I will do it!

Positive thoughts to all!

NFD Nz DAY 23
    Weighed today.
    Down 2.7kg since I started the challenge!!! Yay
    Still about 5kg to go but I’m thrilled with the loss so far.

Cheese lovers unite!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/high-fat-cheese-the-secret-to-a-healthy-life/

A friend of mine is a chemist with a French cheesemaker near Paris (her main company is here in Illinois and Pennsylvania – http://www.alouettecheese.com/) and someone posted that to her on Facebook.

Lael and itsmyturn – look after yourselves. Sounds like it might be worth a visit to the doctor. Hugs

Australia Day 23 NFD weigh in day and I have lost 2.2kgs – 5kgs loss since Sept 1! Before you get too excited my new scales have stopped working so I had to use my old scales. They used to be 2kg light do I added that on this morning before recording my weight but who knows if I added enough. Anyway I know my clothes are looser so it is definitely working. Weekends are my downfall but I am better than before 5:2 so am able to still lose weight. Good luck all with your weekly weigh ins

Day 23 Australia NFD
    Great water fast yesterday, just broke it with breakfast now. A bit frustrated with my weigh in at 300 gms more than last week after 2 water fasts too. I would love to lose more consistently, but am also so happy to be losing at all. I have lost 7kgs in 7 months. So hopefully I’ll lose the last three by the end of the year! Am really happy with where I am and I’m feeling so much better. With clothes that have been too tight to wear mostly all fitting nicely now. So happy with that just to keep going to get to my goal.
    HannahWatto that’s a fantastic loss! Even if it’s not quite that much that’s fantastic!
    Dead Man Walking I hope your week improves. Life can be hard and stressful. I hope it eases up for you and that you can work out the window!

US Day 22 NFD

Not happy with my eating today. Ate half a bag of lime nachos and then went out to dinner .. steak and shrimp.. yummy but I’m stuffed to the gills.
    Dmw2(bloody.website)… I’m sorry but I laughed at your new name I’m also sorry that you’re so stressed out at the moment (or maybe all the time by the sound of it!) I hope you get your spin bike up and running soon to burn off some of that!
    Lany36 – good for you. I don’t think this month has been as kind to me.. but I haven’t gone up so that’s something to be proud of!

Day 22 USA FD
    Black coffee this morning, then water until 5 pm. Chose not to do an all liquid fast today. I just wasn’t up for dealing with a poor night’s sleep, which often happens to me. So, salad for supper of romaine and mixed greens with Feta cheese, sliced Kalamata olives, sliced avocado, and 1 and half teaspoons of a lovely virgin olive oil as dressing, salt and pepper. Then two hard boiled eggs with a teaspoon of Kerrygold butter from grass-fed cows (for the best source of vitamin K2). All together, calories were over 25% of my TDEE, but under 500.
    Congrats Lany and Hannah. Songbird, we love our cheese, popcorn and mayo, do we not?
    Dmw2, I truly hope your days go easier for you in the future. Don’t give into frustration and comfort eating. It can do nothing but make everything worse.
    Good luck to everyone! Remember, a delayed or postponed FD is not the worse thing; giving up entirely is the worse thing! We all have good and bad days. Good days will cycle around again, you can be sure.

Day 23 / Australian in Asia / NFD

Not sure what has happened to my motivation and commitment. I’m glad it’s Friday and I am going to try be sensible over the weekend.

Croatia, Day 23, NFD
    Weight: 77.5 Kg

UK day 23 – up way to early because I couldn’t stop thinking about work!
    Anyway, NFD today, but still hoping to stay of the biscuits.

Thanks LouBelles! Hugs!

Day 22: Pacific NW USA, NFD

Busy, busy, didn’t even log onto MFP today and too late to read all your wonderful updates – I’m in meetings tomorrow and I may have some time to log on and catch up.

Ate pretty well today, don’t know my calorie count but low enough that I feel comfortable. Last night did not end as well. We picked up some butcher shop made beef jerky and venison pâté and after a low cal dinner I thought “just a taste” wouldn’t add much, add it wouldn’t have if it ended there. Next it was a few olives to go with, and a few Mac nuts and then just a few squares of dark chocolate. Actually, trying to remember, I don’t know what all I kept nibbling on.

You know, I just thought of a new plan. After dinner I’m going to keep a diary of what and how much I eat. By planning what I’m going to eat I can be accountable to myself during the day but evening noshing becomes mindless. So to try to be more conscious during my evening fatigue or whatever takes over I’ll tell myself I have to “write before I eat”, maybe it will al least slow me down a little!

Day 23 Italy – NFD
    Yesterday was ok, tried to hold back during the Day because we were suppose to be going out to dinner, but my little girl was ill. Had a cheese sandwich and a packet of crisps for dinner. So ended up well below TDEE.
    Lets see what today has in store.

Day 22, Australia. NFD

Not so disciplined today.

Well done HannahWatto, that’s awesome. I’m waiting on new scales to arrive, I hope they deliver happy numbers!

Gozo, Malta

HannaWatto your weight loss is impressive even if you calculate the old scale mistake. Keep it up you’re doing so well.

Dmw2 sometimes life can throw you stressful things to deal with. Just take one step at a time and it won’t be so stressful after a while. Take time to relax, pray and enjoy life.

Yesterday I babysat my granddaughters until 8.00 pm in the evening as my daughter was duty and her husband came at that time from work and took over. As I fed them I was trying to get my picky three year old grandaughter to eat tortellini with cheese sauce and I ate one tortellini with sauce myself to tell her how good it was. She did eat some eventually but I thought how easily I would have ate more as I usually did before starting 5:2 diet. I have stopped nibbling somehow now.

Last evening I ate only a banana and Greek yogurt with honey 200 calories. I thought about restraining myself since I had a fairly high calorie lunch (fried and than baked chicken with chorizo, butter beans, potatoes and red pepper). This morning I weighed myself again and I was 66.7 kilos down by 0.2 kilos since yesterday morning. This is very encouraging. It’s only one week till the end of this challenge. I hope I’ll go down by a little bit more until then.

Today I’m fasting till this evening on a small meal at lunch then I’m going out for dinner.

I love reading the posts of all of you. Keep on fasting everyone. Have a great day.

Day 23 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

I hit another new weight low this morning even though I again didn’t fast yesterday. Finally over the hump with the mouth sores and so did join with classmates in munching on party snacks in celebration of our last day of our course today. I’m happy with what I noshed on because I was careful and chose wisely from the selection students brought along to share.

Anyway, not sure if I will fast tomorrow as planned since I already lost a half kilogram during these recent NFDs. I’ll see what the scales say tomorrow morning and decide! If I opt not to fast, this week will have been a 6:1. …Tried on my ‘goal’ pants this morning and I’m really close, only a couple of horizontal fabric stress lines were visible, rather than the 5 or six that previously stretched across my abdomen!

therealwil78,
    For the first 6 or 7 fasts I was as wicked as a nettle, really irritable, I also had dull headaches and a horrible taste in my mouth. I did a 42 hour fast earlier this week and I was fine so hopefully I’m over all that. I’m doing another fast tomorrow so hopefully I’ll be ok and not chew anyone to bits!

Day 23 – Switzerland – FD
    Back from yoga in time for my midday miso soup – plenty of water and herbal tea this morning. I only allow myself to abandon a FD if I feel really ill at some point during the day. In the evening, it’s oddly easier because you’ve made such a big effort all day, and tomorrow’s breakfast is so close (I have been know to save a slice of cake which cropped up unexpectedly on a FD for breakfast the day after!). That said, sometime I try to shorten FDs with a very early bath and ridiculously early bedtime. So not great for my social life!
    Good luck everyone!

Surrey UK Day 23 Did I post yesterday? Don’t think so… anyway, will weigh in tomorrow morning. I had breakfast and then remembered I should have weighed…so will do it in the morning instead. This has been a very up and down month so far!

GA/ USA/ Day 23:

VioletP,

thanks for that. I was so irritable yesterday, but it was just my 7 or 8th fast. I was so done, but I made it through. Today is a NFD for me. Planning on eating sensibly. Got in a good workout this morning. The scale was very kind today. Down 2 more lbs. from September 1st. This stuff really works! I am encouraged by all the threads on this blog.

UK day 23 NFD Struggling slightly but I’m looking at it as a small blip on a long journey, key thing for me is not to get too disheartened and go completely off the rails , reading about all your successes definitely motivates me ….onwards x

Day 23: Gloucestershire, Cotswolds, UK, Non-fast day (again). I can’t seem to get the motivation at the moment. Not sure why. Maybe I’ll get a proper fast-day in tomorrow after I’ve had a good eat today! I see I am not alone with my struggles.

Day 23|NFD|Toronto
    Normally encouraging to see scale readings after a FD, and today it was; the scale reads 84.5 kgs which is .5kgs below my month end weight goal of 85. Of course BF% went up a bit proportionally but even that remains down from Sept 1 by almost a full 2%.Corresponding measurement improvements from 10 days ago show progress as well.The readings after 3 NFDs over the coming weekend will be more telling about the path to sustainability; not on a diet but rather a lifestyle change so all is good.
    October will be an interesting personal challenge as the weather changes and we in Canada celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday. More of a low key holiday than our American cousins, but still a 3 day celebration of the harvest and a reason to get together with family and friends for a great meal. Most have a “feast” on the Sunday of the weekend and reserve the Monday for relaxation.
    Best wishes to all.

Day 23 USA (Illinois)

NFD today. Holding my own, even down a little. Some house guests tonight and a funeral tomorrow. Out to dinner tonight with them, and those funeral lunches are always such lovely smorgasbords of some great cooking by the church folk. Will power, please take over!

NorthernDawn, maybe it is our midwestern taste buds that we love similar things? I am 1/2 Swedish, and there are lots of Swedes in Minnesota? Who knows, but those are just some of my struggles! 🙂

Have a safe and careful weekend, everyone!

DAY 23. NJUSA NFD. Not sure what that stomach pain was on Wednesday did my fast day Thursday into Friday now on hour 41 and getting ready for brunch…feeling so much better. Love the feeling of a fast I do tea coffee and lots of water and absolutely sleep like a baby get up the following morning just feeling light and happy. No change in weight this week but down 10 pounds in the month of September so I can’t complain about a thing !!! Can hardly wait for October to start. Heading toward the holidays I know this is a good time to start training my mind to eating less and snacking less so by the time the holidays get here this will be a very positive state of mind.
    Feel like I really have gotten to know everyone on this thread thank you all so much I can’t tell you how
    much I look forward every morning while I drink my lemon water to read the posts agreeing and sympathizeing but don’t always write comments but just know I hear everything you say and I’m with you will a hundred percent. Have a strong weekend♡

London | Day 23 | FD

Black coffee in the morning and some miso soup to get me through lunch.
    Trying not to go into the work tea room to fill my water bottle – colleague’s leaving do, and there will be a mountain of food! I don’t want to see it 🙁

Been an ok FD otherwise. No wild plans for Friday night (not that I usually have wild Friday nights, lol), so should be fine to get through this second FD of the week without any mishaps.
    Planning to test ride my new road bike on the local cycling track this evening – highly excited! I thought best to give my self some practice before tomorrow’s 20 mile ride around Essex countryside.
    Have a good weekend all

Day 23 USA NFD

Day 23/USA/NFD/Walked 4 miles this morning. I want to finish this last week of September strong! Thanks to all of you who post here! Everything you say is so helpful! I’m lookin forward to the October challenge. I would like to start December at my target weight. I would like to have a 2 lb loss per week. I’m so excited that I have finaly found a diet that is working for me!

LS
    Computer problems continuing – should all be rectified this afternoon
    Walked each morning this week
    2nd 24 hr fast today, eating light evening meal
    Feel like I am back on track…finally
    Have great weekend

US Day 23 FD

Back to the future …what a great idea. I think I’m going to do that too!!
    Itsmyturn – so glad that you’re feeling better. I also enjoy all the posts. I certainly haven’t been as successful this month as you so far (10 lbs) … wow!!!! .. but I’m still happy that I haven’t gone up.
    Pissupoosa… enjoy the track this evening.. have fun!

Can you believe that we’re heading into the last week of this challenge. I think it’s a little ironic that we started the September Challenge focusing on nfd’s because we all had our fd’s down pat… and it seems that quite a few of us have struggled with our fast days. Oh well, thankfully we can continue on in October under Fuvvie’s guidance to challenge ourselves with the support we get from all the lovely folks here.
    It might be fun to post total weight loss for the month next Friday and I can add them all up and see what we lost collectively… Coda did that the first time and I believe we lost quite a bit. We had started out this challenge with 83 people who signed up. We are at 39 now which is pretty typical from what Coda reported in the past. Well, I’m going to give this last week my best shot and see if I can get this plateau to budge.. wish me luck😊

Day 23 Edinburgh UK.

yes K-lo I’m sure it is sugar and carbs overload that have done it! It is interesting, this is the first sustained time off LCHF I’ve had since starting 5.2 in May and the first time I’ve really had sugar! My stomach has revolted and been very upset over the last two days, not pleasant! So breakfast I had delious smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, this evening avacado and oat cakes, which I only had because my grandson said he wasn’t hungry because granny wasn’t, a hard one!!
    Tomorrow I would love to fast until the evening but will see how grandson reacts – he’s only 3!
    Will weigh in the morning hopefully I haven’t done too much damage!!

Good luck all.

Day 22/23 USA. NFD yesterday and today. I am hoping for a FD tomorrow since Monday’s FD was a fail. Wishing a great weekend to everyone.

Day 22/23 Sussex U.K.
    NFD.
    Sorry to be behind with logging in but have been travelling to a funeral. Away until Monday evening.
    Food choices ok so far, have decided to eat more protein at breakfast in the form of spinach omelette with turmeric and Parmesan cheese. Maybe bacon on the side. I feel like I have to feed myself the nourishing stuff first or my hunger dragon will clamour all day until it gets it.
    Seems to help me make better choices later in the day. At the moment! Lol.
    Well done to all those who have neared their goal. So inspiring.
    So sorry for those who are poorly or stressed but poor food choices don’t help us feel better
    Let’s keep on keeping on.
    Will weigh in on Friday.

Hi uk day 23 nfd I usually do a fd on Friday but swopped it around this week and bit concerned I’ll have 3 nfd’s in a row. Just have to make good choices.

Day 23 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Very good NFD today! Coffee and water only until 5pm, then spiralized zucchini (courgette) sautéed with leeks and garlic in a bit of butter, topped with ground (minced) turkey, organic low-sugar marinara sauce (Organo Belo brand, 35 cals per half cup, and 2 Tbs of shredded parmesan cheese. So good! OH had seconds. Later, for evening snack a half cup of whole milk plain greek style yogurt with a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. All together, about 600 calories, and so I’m done for a low calorie, successful NFD day.
    I attribute the lack of hunger today to the LCHF FD I had yesterday, and also I had a bit higher protein amount than I usually have, with the two hard boiled eggs at the end of yesterday’s supper.

Good luck with the extra push this last week, DebbieQ, grammaspice, and all others buckling down. I need to give it a good effort this week to meet my goal of 4.4 lb loss for this challenge, also.
    Ciren2, I know you will find the motivation for a good, solid FD very soon. You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself, though, as you’ve reached goal weight and are transitioning to maintenance. You’ll be experimenting for awhile to figure out what works for you, I would think.
    SongbirdMe: yes, I think our midwestern roots have influenced our choices for comfort foods. I’m not Swedish, sorry to say, but I am German and Danish on my father’s side. His German side first migrated to Illinois from Germany, the Monee and Green Garden area, I think? Of course, it seems like half of America came through Illinois in the 1800’s, eventually going on west (love history). Anyway, I could not live without cheese and dairy products!
    Best of luck, everyone!

2nd post. I’m sure I do somewhere along the line but I can’t remember what does. LCHF mean?

Croatia, Day 24, NFD
    Weight: 77.5 Kg

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,414 total)

You must be logged in to reply.