September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,605 total)

• Day 2, Traveling Montana, NFD

Starting out September still on the road with DH after our three week national parks excursion with DD and our four grandchildren. On to Denver by Sunday to visit with other DD and two little granddaughters ages 6 and 4.

Always enjoy small portions and get in a good walk when not driving 400 miles to next overnite. All will stabilize when I get home to PA on September 12. All part of moderation with this WOL.

Thank you @basyjames for including me on the September spreadsheet. Filled in the blanks this morning with estimates of weight and measurements based on my pre-travel numbers. Won’t be weighing or measuring for a couple of weeks.

Thank you all for keeping each of us focused. September will be a healthy month for sure.

Day 2 – USA – NFD

@songbirdme – I got the idea from you, remembering when I did Atkins in early 2000 for 3 years…got to an emaciated 139 lbs. and looked older than I do now!

Day 2, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Quick check in. Lots of hiking ahead! 😊😊😊

Have a good weekend everyone! 🌺🌻🌼

Day 2 – SW WA USA – NFD

Off for a hike with a friend & then heading to the ocean.

Have a great day!

Day 2 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Today was going to be a fast day but I went to the bakery this morning to buy cookies for an event I’m going to tomorrow. Of course I also bought an almond filled croissant to eat on the spot. 🥐 There goes my 500 cals. 😞 It was so rich and I wolfed it down so fast that my tummy is feeling a little queazy. My hope is to save the day by topping out at 800 calories.

@flourbaby & @bigviking – If you are serious about the Dry September I will join you??? Not sure I can do it without your support.

@liathanail – That’s a lot of change happening, glad you are sticking with us while you figure out your new strategy.!! 🌸

@sirisan – I’m glad to hear your brother is feeling better.

@jessyoursize – I love it, common weight goals and birthday month, we can do this together!!

@george Diogenes – Hang in there George, I had a rough start too when I started last June. It gets easier and you kinda get a routine/groove going, just don’t give up!! I’ve pushed the RESTART button many times. 😢

@quebecoise – Thank you for the link to the article on sugar. Sugar is very addictive, I once read about a study that said rats will give up cocaine before they will give up sugar. Links below.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24602027

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

@awilson, I just checked back to comment on what a stupid commitment I’d made earlier today! Now that you’ve offered to join me, I suppose I have to stick with it! Oh well, roll on October 1st!

Day 2 London NFD

Day 2 – Woking, UK – NFD
    245.5lbs
    Guess who went out for a “let’s celebrate my new job dinner” last night? 😈🍾🍨🍷🥃. Had a fantastically indulgent dinner at Hawksmoor Borough. Tamworth pork belly, sourdough with beef dripping butter, shared rump and rib-eye steak with triple cooked chips, peppercorn sauce and a side of bone marrow followed by sticky toffee sundae and salted caramel rolos. All washed down with a bottle of wine, a cocktail and a glass of port. My stomach had no idea what hit it last night!
    Firmly back on the wagon this morning and ignoring the outraged shouts from the scales. I know despite the blowout I haven’t actually put on two pounds of fat overnight. Unsurprisingly I haven’t felt hungry all day so didn’t bother eating until I had a portion of yoghurt at about 3.30pm. About to have some chicken for dinner so I’ve probably balanced things out.

2nd Post
    @bigviking – I definitely think we can do this together. We’ve got this…just remember September will fly by and October will be here in a flash. 😀

2nd post,

So funny, obviously had a brain fart last night regarding ‘Dry September’, but reaffirmed my commitment this morning, afterall………….I really DID write that! Now we’re a team of three @bigviking & @awilson, this is going to be harder than a 24hr water fast, but I’m ready if you are………….. it’s only 30 days….Right!!!!!……RIGHT????

@flourbaby – Look what you started!!! I know this will be hard but we can do it with @bigviking‘s help.

Day 2 Akron OH NFD. I just lost a lovely post i wrote! Oh well have a great weekend everyone 🙂

@magstar you are all updated on the spreadsheet. Welcome to the challenge.

@rainbowsmile I know! 😂 I have noticed that you sign your posts with Mari 😉 It’s not a very common name in the US is it?

Day 2; Edinburgh; NFD

Thanks for comments, today was much better. A NFD but I was good, probably around TDEE, though I didnt count. Next fast day isnt until Monday, seems quite a long time between them sometimes. My weight seem to reduce a bit even after my binge yesterday. Not that that is an excuse to repeat it of course.

Day 2 (oops missed day !) US NFD

Hi all. No goals for this month. I’ve been back on 5:2 for the last 2 months and I know that I lose about 2-3 kg per month. I’d love to lose 5 in this challenge, but I’m being realistic and don’t want to give up on too much of my usual lifestyle. So if I continue to lose about 2 kilos a month then I’ll be at goal weight in a year. And that’s ok!!

Good to hear about your brother Sirisan, and hope the news continues to be good.

Disappointed in myself for messing up my fast day today. Everything was going ok, but I was in a bad mood and just went off the rails at dinner. Ate chinese food that I didn’t enjoy and lots of chocolate for dessert. Not sure whether I’ll be able to make tomorrow a true fast day due to socializing, but I guess that’s what I should try.

Day 3/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Today is father’s day here in Oz. Happy father’s day to all the fathers.

Cleo, don’t feel badly. Today was to be my Fast day, but I went off the rails too! But I’ll Fast tomorrow instead. That’s the great thing about 5:2. There’s always tomorrow!

Day 3 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 82.0 kg

Feeling better but still not great.

Hello all

I’d like to join the Sept challenge. I accessed the link and added my name etc but not sure how to continue…does it automatically save and do I just access it via link on fist page every time?
    I hope to lose 2 kilos this month..more would be terrific but I am being realistic considering my age (51) menopausal and not terribly active (will improve on that this month)

Cheers!

Day 3 Sydney FD

Just a quick check in. I haven’t had a chance to read the posts this weekend. Hope everybody’s doing well

@krysk – yes, the spreadsheet automatically saves the data; so just input the data.

Day 2 NFD St. Louis USA
    Getting logged in and checked in late. Have had repair people at my house the past 2 1/2 days. Normally fast on Monday but since it’s a holiday I’m thinking I might switch to Tuesday this week when I’m back at work. Trying out one day a week fasting on maintenance.

Hope to catch up on post reading tomorrow.

All my best to all of you and may the fast be with you

Please add me to the challenge. Thankyou for hosting. I am starting week 4 of 5-2 and feeling a bit frustrated by slow weight loss. I think this will help to keep me motivated! I plan to focus more on waist measurements to see whether that makes a difference. The good news is I’m finding fasting quite easy. It’s probably the lack of exercise that I need to work on!

Day 2. NFD. Sydney Australia.
    It’s Fathers Day here in Oz and have just been out for a delicious and filling lunch. Had seafood linguini with a glass or two of white wine. Yum.
    No dinner tonight and straight into a fast day tomorrow!
    Cheers

Day 3, Gozo Malta, nfd

Day 2 was a nfd too. I ate out for lunch and had a duck salad and seafood pasta for dinner.

Today we’re eating out for lunch.

Have a great Sunday everyone onwards and downwards

Day 3 – Ireland – NFD

Still on route to our Spanish base. Two overnight ferry and a night in the Rioja region meant lots of eating and drinking opportunities. Joined the locals in tapas bar hopping last night. At least tapas are tiny dishes but each bar we had a glass of Rioja. 😁

About to hit the road for another 500km trip on the motorcycle and then we arrive at our beach destination. I have not given a thought to factoring in 5:2 yet, but I might see about skipping breakfast at least from Tom. It’s hard to do when it’s me and DH joined at the hip on the back of a motorcycle 🏍 😊

Day 3 – Shanghai – NFD

Been eating quite healthily, but probably necking too much wine … sigh. Thank goodness for FDs!

I order kefir grains and a kombucha culture on-line. I am looking forward to the experiments. Also going make the chili kimchi recipe from Kate Atkinson’s 5:2 veggie book tomorrow. So my kitchen will be bubbling away. I hope at least some of it will be tasty. And that none of it explodes whilst I am at work.

Best wishes to all on the September excel.

Day 3, London, UK, NFD

Well yesterday’s FD turned into something in the middle, I couldn’t call it a CD as there were crisps and chocolate involved (No alcohol though!!) below TDEE, but NOT a FD.

Family lunch today, I’m cooking so I’ll be able to give the vino a miss and stay relatively controlled…………..except for dessert!!!

Stay strong everyone, we’ve got this!!!!

DAY 3 – UK – NFD

It is so good to be back on this site and reading so many inspirational posts. I have certainly missed the support which I was given and have proved to myself it’s very hard to “go it alone”. (In fact – impossible for me). A lot of holidays, days out and summer cream teas have taken it’s toll. But……I should have stuck to this site and been much more mindful of how I was eating. But I have paid the price and hopefully have learned the lesson.

@at – you are an inspiration!!! I realise now that when I was constantly “maintaining” instead of losing as I was hoping to do, I should have been celebrating…rather than getting disgruntled and frustrated! It’s amazing how the pounds creep up on you….I have learned a hard lesson and hope I can get back to where I was a few months ago, and be happy with that loss..and happy maintaining. I realise that it may be impossible to be at my “ideal” weight. Being 70 now and probably slowing down I should be happy to
    be fit and healthy (no pills) and still able to walk 15 miles if I want to. We were in Cumbria this summer with the grandchildren (not much walking done) but hubby and I are up again in October so if I can shift a few lbs. this month should still be able to “climb them thar hills!). (But I won’t be climbing Striding Edge again – have lost my nerve!). Wainwrights gentle walks are enough for us now.

Onward and downwards. xx

Day 3, UK, NFD

Had a couple of relaxed food days, now to get back to healthier stuff….

Day 3, UK, FD

Yesterday’s NFD was a success and I even saw a small reduction on the scales this morning. Staying off the wine really helped!

Anyone else joining the Dry September sub-group?
    @flourbaby
    @awilson
    @bigviking

Hi – can you please add me to the 30 day challenge for September. Just starting back and would like September to be the kick start I need. Cannot edit sheet in iPad. Thanks

Day three Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    22 mile bike ride done, cars to clean then allotment before the rain arives feels like deja vu to me. Sunday is weigh day 1.5lb above goal 😁 I can live with that. Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 3 London NFD

Day 3, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 3, Belfast, NFD
    Day 2, Belfast, NFD
    Day 1, Belfast, NFD

Hi! I’m a bit late but would like to join the September Challenge.

Back from sunny Ibiza in one piece! Had an amazing time. However some over-indulgence did occur.
    The plan is, back to work next week and get back to the FDs. Actually looking forward to a bit of a detox 😀

Hope everyone is well. It’ll take me a while to get caught up with posts.

@daffodil2010 your Spanish road trip sounds fab!

Good luck everyone today!

PS thanks @basyjames for hosting! If you add my name to the spreadsheet I’ll update it early next week.

I’ve had a slow summer with regards eradicating the pounds, but again, these forums really help keep me in check. Thanks everyone for the continuing support, guidance and general good craic!x

Hi @basyjames you may have missed my request to add my name to the spreadsheet. Thank you in advance.

Day 3 UK FD 1st of B2B

Well it only took till the second day of the challenge yesterday for sanity to fly away! Crisps, nuts, wine and a total departure from any controlled eating!
    Sooooo. Back on track today and tomorrow with back to back fast days. I am so afraid of gaining back any of the hard fought weight loss . I am determined I am not ever going back there!
    Reading all the posts today and taking support as always from everyone’s experiences.
    Onwards and downwards!

Day 3UK NFD Hoping the 8 mile round trip walk up to the rugby club will cancel out some of the beers yesterday, aiming for a controlled day today Fasting tomorrow as usual

@daffodil2010 trip sounds fab x

Day 3 Chester UK NFD

Went for dinner last night to celebrate my OH being given early retirement from his job. He’s finishing at the end of October, gulp – big changes coming so I need to keep focussed on this WOl as potential pitfalls looming! I briefly considered joining @bigviking and the others for dry September but just couldn’t do it – sorry guys I admire your commitment but I’ll carry on being a pocket wino.
    @daffodil2010 your road trip sounds great – it’s raining here in the North West so I’m envious of Spain and sunshine.

Happy Sunday everyone – Happy Father’s Day for our friends Down Under – most are probably in bed now.

Day 3 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

I need to make today very controlled. Went a bit overboard yesterday with lunch out with friends.

Good to see all you newbies here. The more you join in and feel connected, the more you will get out of this forum.

Onward and downward.

Day 3……Florida……NFD

Not sure what happen yesterday, I actually didn’t consume food until 5:30pm, but I did have a rather fatten iced latte at 1pm while I ran my errands. Then, it seems as if everyone got home to late to partake in a proper meal, so I ended up only eat a quarter cup rice and three med chicken pieces from my leftovers. I shared it with the kid and yes, I gave him most of it, then I had a bowl of chocolate ice cream.
    I know I was well under my TDEE.

Yesterday, was kind of busy but rather enjoyable. I did my home blessing. Not that my house is dirty or clutters, Just very disorganized and much bigger than I want it to be. I’ve decided for the month of Sept. to try the Flylady system. You can find it at flylady.net. I’m trying it in hopes to become less of a slave to my home, and have more time for me and the things I enjoy.
    Okay on with the story, then I ran to the tailors, dropped donations off, coffee yum yum, the health food store, paid bills, a hair cut, tires for my truck and some little shopping, well the crap my OH forgot or I didn’t put on the list.

@evie Cat…… just food for thought. Scientists have suggested that slow weight loss gives you the greatest chance for lasting results. Quick weight loss has shown partipants long term results have been short lived with an additional 5 to 10 pound increase in their weight. So, I know while slow weight loss is frustrating, in the end it is much more effective then those big whoosh each and every week.
    Since 5:2, is a life style now not just a diet, your going to find other benefits rather than numbers that will bigger impacts in your life which will make the journey much more enjoyable.

I’m off!

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I put my foot down!

Day 3 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Happy Sunday everyone and hope our friends Down Under had a fab Father’s Day!

A very controlled day yesterday after my water FD on Friday and no 🍷consumed dear pocket winos.
    I’m out this evening for a meal with friends and then going to another Jazz concert and this time I will enjoy a glass or two of 🍷so saving my calories for this evening – just broke my overnight fast with a glass of my homemade milk kefir for lunch.

@flourbaby @bigviking and @awilson – Good on you for your “Dry September” you guys are brave souls!!! I will be mentally supporting you but not joining you I’m afraid…….but I will remain part of the “Pocket Winos”
    @mogaman – you can do this!! I have surprised myself at how easy it has been to stay in maintenance – the trick is to stay with this WOL and not go back to our old eating habits – 2 x FD a week is so doable and it allows me to enjoy a little of all I fancy…..
    @steffieagle – what a fab time you have been having with your family
    @krysk – welcome on board – never too late to take that first step ☺️
    @evie Cat and @duvel – welcome to you both – you will get lots of support and encouragement on here – we are a real mixed bunch but all very understanding of what you are going through
    @daffodil2010 – what a long trek to get there but it will all be worth it – have a fab time in Spain
    @jarbia – thank you – lovely to have you back – Age is no barrier and you can do this – we will be holding on to you and pulling you forward in your journey – glad you enjoy your holidays in my neck of the woods
    @belfastsink – good to hear that Ibiza was great and what are holidays for if not a bit of overindulgence!

To lose the weight and keep it off we cannot go back to doing what we did before when we gained the weight! “IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT LOSING THE WEIGHT; IT’S ABOUT LOSING THE LIFESTYLE AND MINDSET THAT GOT YOU THERE” Steve Maraboli

Day 3, USA, NFD

Very impressed with the commitment by @flourbaby @bigviking and @awilson to be dry this month. I couldn’t do it!

Ok, now I’m really confused. My OH just pointed me to an article in which Michael Mosley is quote as saying:

“The interesting thing about dietary myths is that many of them are perpetuated by doctors and dieticians,” Mosley says. “One of them is that it’s better to lose weight slowly than quickly – it’s better to lose it quickly, as long as you do it properly.”

Huh??

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/entertainment/michael-mosleys-scientific-crazybrave-approach-to-medicine-20170823-gy2c4x.html

Day 3, Wales, NFD

@flourbaby @bigviking @awilson – not joining dry September but I am cheering you on. I’m taking baby steps and keeping wine drinking to 3 evenings a week.

@eviecat – a month into 5:2 I felt discouraged that the weight wasn’t falling off me and the scales kept fluctuating up and down. Now its just over 2 months and I’m losing less than a pound a week but my diet feels good and sustainable – this time I believe I will reach my target and maintain it. Stick with it.

Its very wet in Wales today – is it too early to be counting the days to my sunshine holiday in Fuerteventura in December? 90 sleeps away! Don’t suppose I’ll be at target by then but I will be a lot leaner than I would have been without 5:2ing.

Enjoy Sunday everyone x

Day 3 – USA – NFD

Day 3 – Woking, UK – NFD
    243.1lbs
    So it seems the outrage from the scales was short lived. Overnight drop of 2.4lbs proves the gain was water weight and food in transit.
    Yesterday was planned to be a NFD but ended up at about 940 calories as I wasn’t hungry after my big meal out on Friday. Total is likely to be similar at about 1000 calories. Went for a lovely hour long walk on the Common this morning and today is a potter about doing random chores day.
    Good luck to everyone for September and especially for those of you on the wino wagon!
    As for the discussion on whether to lose weight quickly or take it slow and steady I think it varies depending on how much you have to lose. If you don’t have much to lose then I can see quickly would be good. If you have significant weight to lose I’d think more slowly is the way to go. Helps to avoid being left with lots of loose skin and gives you longer to mentally adapt to a new way of eating and approach to food which should make it more sustainable.

Day 3, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Quick check in. Off hiking.

Have a good Sunday everyone! 😊🌺😊🌼😊

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.