September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,605 total)

• Day 20, Belfast, NFD

Wow, where is this month going to?

FD went well yesterday – I made an adapted version of the Thai Veggie Noodle Broth – used a teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice to dry fry a load of veg (cabbage, tenderstem broccoli, leek, sugar snaps, bean sprouts). Added about 300ml vegetable stock, parboiled noodles and then the egg. I thought it looked a bit stodgy but there was plenty of broth. A load of dried chilli flakes on top gave it an extra kick. Really good 🙂

Good luck everyone today.

Day 20, South Wales, NFD

Oh yes, NFD, but no alcohol, no sugar, no refined carbs until end of the month – with the Sweet Dreams & Ab-ers
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

1 min plank done this morning – but never has a minute felt so long! I swear the earth’s rotation slowed down…anyone else feel the blip in the space-time continuum?

Day 20 – Colorado USA- NFD? FD?

Not sure about today’s plan. We have a Red Eye flight out at midnight tonight.
    So all day will be busy packing, finishing laundry, dropping pets at the kennel, cleaning house (I like to come home to a fresh place with clean floors, sparkling bathrooms, fresh bed linens, no bad food left in the fridge,etc)
    Should do a whole-house Home Blessing ala the Fly Lady! Thank you for reminding me of her systems @bert1802.

Wasn’t supposed to be a FD, but I prefer getting on a plane with an empty-feeling stomach. With my Crohn’s, I panic when the seatbelt sign is on & we’re not allowed access to the restroom. So far no horrific episodes, 😩 but it’s always im the back of my mind when traveling. (Kind of the same thing at the theatre or professional sports: trapped in my seat! A constant worry.)

The simplest solution may just be to make it a Soup Day. 🍵 Keep my calories light & liquid. ☕️

Heading to Florida for my 🎈Birthday. 🎉 I know the timing just after Irma is terrible, but we bought these tickets a long time back. Non refundable.
    We lived in Florida for 12years & still have family there. Feels intrusive coming for vacation while people actually living there are struggling without power. Luckily our family made out okay. Little damage & no flooding. We’ll at least bring $$ to local economy and tip our servers extra big (they rely on tips to survive & lost so much of their wages during & after the storm.)

Plus, I’m looking forward to my 🍷🍺🍷 I’ve been a faithful little Dry-Wino this September! It’s actually not been as difficult as I’d feared. But promised myself for my 4-day birthday trip, I wouldn’t worry about calories & would enjoy some wine!

This flexibility of the 5:2 plan is what makes it not a diet, but a doable WOL! Cheers! 🥂

Day 20, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

I’m a bit late checking-in as I’m on a deadline at work to complete a task. B2B2B going well so far, I find it so much easier if I can plan and calculate the entire week ahead of time, otherwise I would find myself making excuses about ‘just 1 biscuit/sweet/banana’ etc, won’t hurt!!

To –
    The Sweet Dreams & Ab-ers
    @basyjames
    @lynned – LOL, the blip in the space/ time continuum, belongs solely to your little group of Ab-ers!!!
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel

All I can say is ……………………. Are you crazy!!!! Sugar, carbs, planks and alcohol, when I read it I thought that’s great, but come on, let’s not get carried away here!! I’ve spent the last 20 days/ nights dreaming about Shiraz, Malbec and friends, there is NO way I could add anything else without my head actually exploding!!! Good luck guys, you’ll breeze through the remaining 10 days!!!!

@bigviking, I’m with you on the daily weigh-in, it’s the only thing that keeps me honest and on track otherwise I would get to the end of the week and think “where did those newly acquired 3lbs come from??” Weighing daily means I know EXACTLY what caused a gain or a whoosh!!! I made the ‘breakfast’ mistake when I was on holiday………………… but it was Half-board so I HAD to eat it, …….. ALL of it……………… everyday!!!!!!

How are my fellow dry-winos getting along………………… Has it become a (possibly) permanent way of life yet??? ………………………. No?? I know, stupid question really………………Roll on October 1st!!!!!

Earthquakes, flooding, fires, hurricanes!!! – I think it was @quebecoise who said just before signing of for a break – “Our planet isn’t warming; it’s dying”

Day 20……Florida…..FD

Had a lovely NFD, which included my OH picking up for lunch! Back on regular scheduled programming today! FD

Quick update as I’m having a slow go this morning…..

I know many of you are taking care of aging parents and/or little ones…. please remember the best thing you can do for your loved ones is to take care of yourself! If your healthy and in the right state of mind, you are able to power through those difficult days…

@happy Margo…… nights are start to cool down, so bring a lite sweater it jacket. Do be ashamed about your vacation, it’s visitors like you that help us get back to normal.
    Where in Fl are you going to be? I’m about 35 min from Tampa……
    I’m in love with the flylady system, I thought something’s were so odd like shining your sink and getting dressed to shoes but to be honest, it’s a great and super easy system to keep with everyday. I’m starting on my paper clutter, today….Ugg!

Okay, I’m off to adult today!

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day 20 – 🇬🇧- NFD

Just finished B2B!!!! This was after an indulgent weekend 🍷🍷🍷

I normally weigh in more regularly but decided to wait til the end of the month to avoid the highs and lows!!!

Day 20 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

One of my best FD’s yesterday at 325 calories if my estimates were correct. Also got in a brief power walk which is always productive on a FD. Silver Sneakers exercise is scheduled for this morning. Yeah, scale has me back at 159# this morning. I am still thrilled how 6:1 is working.

So much going on in the world. Hugs and prayers for anyone effected by weather and quakes. Are the fires out in the west? I think that news has been supplanted by new disasters.

Onward and downward.

Day 20, Northumberland UK, NFD

All NFD since last check in, but relatively controlled and some 16:8 or less so feeling better and more balanced again. First gym session in ages today and I’m feeling it, but still getting back into routine post school holidays.

2nd post —

@bert1802 – OH & I will be visiting in the Orlando/ Clermont area. Not too far from you! 😃 Also have friends in Cocoa Beach to catch up with.
    Will be interesting to see what changes Irma has wrought to the Sunshine State that we love so much. We’ve been warned about the *bad smell* Apparently, the downed trees & destroyed plant life along with standing water & heat are combining to cause decay and rot that is starting to really moulder. Hadn’t considered that.

I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. And thank you for the warning to bring a sweater. I’d mostly been packing tank tops or sleeveless blouses. But cool nights (and crazy cold A/C in restaurants) would definitely warrant a topper with sleeves. Thanks!

Day 20, Gozo Malta, fd

Today I’m babysitting my grandson this evening as my daughter and husband have their fourth wedding anniversary.

I’m fasting although I had a one bite of Sicilian cannoli brought from Sicily last night by my nephew who spent four days there.

I plan to have rice cakes flavored with olive oil at 225 calories this evening and an apple and I ate around 400 calories up till now so that comes up to 675 calories.

One healthy high glad your husband is going to be well again. Hugs and prayers to your husband and okeydokey s dad

Have a great Wednesday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 20 Akron OH FD. I was right there with you @lynned time stood still, but boy did it feel good to get through it. All members of my family are on the alert, for the next 10 days, no temptations please 🙂 especially OH
    @lilymartin sweaty palms,racing hearts and all, we are all in this 2gether

Finishing September strong with my fellow Sweet Dreams and Ab-ers
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Day 20 Lancaster, PA USA FD
    Thank-you for all in our group for being so supportive of each other and Thank-you so much @lilymartin @basyjames @onahealthyhigh @anna6 @keetseel @awilson @snowflake56 for all the kind wishes, prayers, healing energy, and hugs in wishing my father well. @anna6 and all concerned I’ve been speaking with him daily and he is sounding much better, more like he was before the incident. @snowflake56 My Dad is waiting on a new type of procedure. Mainly because the procedure they want to do, was done on my mom a few years back and didn’t work. She ended up dieing after it. So the doctors are working on a new improved valve. But he is not looking forward to having heart surgery.
    @bert1802 Very good advice!✨”Please remember the best thing you can do for your loved ones is to take care of yourself! If your healthy and in the right state of mind, you are able to power through those difficult days.”

@mari84 Hugs to you 🤗 please be gentle and kind to yourself on the FD. Do what feels healthy and kind. It will work out for the best. Be kind to yourself. ✨🤗✨I have empathy for you having to be up late with your young daughter. 🤗My DD would wake up every night @ 1:00 am screaming and wouldn’t go back to sleep for a couple hours. It wasn’t till she was about 10, that she could sleep through the night. A lot of research and the right amino acids and vitamins finally have solved the problem. It’s a terrible lonely frightening time when our children can’t sleep. I’m sending you hugs and good vibes that your daughter will sleep better through the night.
    @belfastsink your Thai veggie broth sounds delicious… I’m going to try it on A NFD.✨

I will be fasting today,
    Starting a Pocket Fasting group✨ please join all who are interested:✨

Day 20 Pocket Fasters
    @bert1802
    @okeydokey
    @onahealthyhigh
    @mari84
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @happymargo ~
    @losing_it
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @cleo120
    @jarbia
    @debster251
    @redrockgirl302

✨And ✨
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel

Hope I didn’t miss anyone!
    ✨Wishing Everyone one Well!✨
    As @at reminded us, you can’t fail as long as you keep trying.✨

I will leave you with a thought that has been with me today and in hard times. ✨Gentle is Good, Honor the process, and Be kind to your self and others.✨

Day 20, US, FD

I’m swapping my Thurs FD for today. Gotta love the flexibility.

I almost left it too late! Last night I was looking for an old beloved t-shirt of mine. At the bottom of the drawer I found a brand new pair of black trousers – still with the tag on it, that I had bought last year hoping they would one day fit. Well, now they’re almost too loose around the waist! Should get a few wears out of them before they get relegated to the charity bin. (And I didn’t find my t-shirt.)

Ah, Anna6, my husband loves cannoli!

My CFD yesterday, wasn’t really, as I had two glasses of wine with dinner. And I had the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a long time. For the first time in weeks I did not wake up at 3am, so I am more than forgiving myself for the indulgence! I’m sure you’ll also understand, oh fellow pocket winos!

Day 20’USA NFD

Day 20 Canada FD
    This will be my only fast day this week and I’m really looking forward to it!
    September is a challenge for me on so many levels and my routine is out the window.
    Have a great day everyone!

Third day of my b2b2b fast. Really struggling with sleep. Anyone experience this on FD’s?

Day 20 London NFD

Day 20 – SW WA USA – FD

Not quite caught up on posts but need to be heading into school soon.
    Made it through a liquid FD yesterday coming in at about 300 cal’

Good for you @lilymartin for getting back on track even as you’re dealing with your mom’s issues. That would be a challenge.
    @mari84 – take care of yourself today, as mentioned be sure to keep hydrated.

Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 19 – USA – NFD
    Day 20 – USA – FD

@sirisan, hugs to you re: your brother; @Stevetoon, heartwarming to hear you speak of your wifey and your cruise! @mogaman, have fun in Sicily; @okeydokey, thinking of you re: your dad; @keetseel, thinking of your daughter in this perilous time of earthquakes; @onahealthyhigh, hugs to you re: your dad; @daffodil2010, congrats on your dispatching 2.5 lbs! @AnnMarilyn, go you! I’m not a fan of liquid fasts, but then I’ve never tried.

Day 20, Emden Germany, FD

@at found the book and started reading it. How was the film, I read the adorable Bill Nighy is in it.
    @onahealthyhigh I’m glad it’s benign, but when it’s becoming life-changing it’s going to be a challenge. Hugs and take care.
    @coda glad to hear from you, hope you’re fine? If you hadn’t started these challenges I never would have been were I am now. You just can’t imagine how grateful I am.
    @mari84 I hope you have a better night tonight, don’t stress yourself too much, you can always do your next FD after a good sleep.
    @laurealice this sounds like a very interesting recipe, we bought grapes but they are so small we’re going to wait for larger and sweeter ones to try out your recipe with bread and garlic.
    @happymargo I hope you’ll have a good flight and a great birthday!
    @okeydokey heart surgeries are always scary, but try to be positive, how long will your father survive without one and how is the quality of life he has now? Hugs!
    @maddyg I always eat protein for dinner otherwise I can’t sleep after a FD, perhaps you could give it a try when you’re not doing this already.

Pained another room in the practice, didn’t eat much, so I’m joining the Pocketeers today.

@okeydokey started a Pocket Fasting group✨ to today, please join all who are interested:✨

Day 20 Pocket Fasters
    @bert1802
    @okeydokey
    @onahealthyhigh
    @mari84
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @happymargo ~
    @losing_it
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @cleo120
    @jarbia
    @debster251
    @redrockgirl302
    @penz
    @bellyblast
    @maddyg
    @snowflake56

✨And ✨
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

After I wrote I would join this small challenge, my husband reminded me we still had 16 small ice creams and 2 large chocolate bars in the practice. I stayed strong and didn’t eat any of them. After one month without exercising planks are really hard, after 20 seconds my arms started to tremble but I made it. A month ago I could do them for 6 minutes, all muscles gone.

Perhaps it’s time to get back to work (next Tuesday), my posts are getting way too long, sorry.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Second post
    Thanks @keetseel for the link. I’ve just passed a wet afternoon catching up on videos. It makes interesting reading. I’m sure you worry about your daughter in these crazy earthquake times.
    @mari84 Those baby days seem like they last forever, but really they’re gone in the blink of an eye. I was kept up by my 30 yo son last weekend till 3am – we put the world to rights lol!
    @laurealice – I’m off to Annecy for a few days with a girlfriend. Her husband died a few years ago, so we try to get away somewhere nice every year. Thanks for the recipe.
    @daffodil – you sure have managed to despatch those pounds quickly. Is that the b2b water fasts? When I return, I must give that a go.
    @belfastsink I tried a version of your broth with red Thai curry paste, chillies, fine strips of carrot and broccoli and it was delicious. 👍
    @happymargo – enjoy your trip, even if the circumstances aren’t just right.

I think I’ve lost the plot. My friend arrived with huge scones for lunch. Did I say no? NO!😡 Ah well, tomorrow is another day…..

Day20 UK NFD

Trying for controlled day today. Yesterday was going fine till we went for coffee mid afternoon and I persuaded myself a slice of banana, date and walnut cake was calling me and it would be rude to ignore it. I guesstimated about 500 cals worth – big oops!

Oh well, back to it today. Tomorrow will be definite FD, probably a b2b with Friday, I don’t like b2bs but I’ve fallen off the wagon in the last few days big style so hoping to repair some damage before the weekend weigh in.

@okeydokey, good to hear your father is feeling a bit better. @penz, smaller clothes are brilliant- good on you finding them. @happymargo – happy birthday and have a lovely break.

I hope all our friends around the world are safe and well, more hurricanes, earthquakes, worrying.

2nd post

Prayers offered for the success of your dads surgery okeydokey.

Good night everyone Penz my husband loves Sicilian cannoli too.

Day 20 – UAE – FD

I just completed a 24hrs water only fast. It was a good fast with no problem.

Day 20—ABQ—CD

@penz—Congrats on sleeping through the night! Yet another reason to take that 5 o’clock glass of red…

@flourbaby—Crazy? Sure, why not? As Junot Diaz said on the radio today, there is nothing more critical than to be misaligned [with]…mainstream society! Actually, I don’t think it’s going to be too hard to give up refined sugar/carbs for these reasons:
    1) It’s only for 10 days; and
    2) I can still eat French fries, cheese, (natural) peanut butter, strawberries and cream, cheese, peaches, tamales with green or red chile, cheese, goldfish crackers, and most importantly, cheese.
    3) I didn’t give up the booze: I’m not crazy, after all.

@happymargo—Happy birthday!

@debster251—I will never not worry about my daughter. I inherited the worrying gene from my grandmother and (probably) passed it on. Having said that, it does seem like the catastrophes are really ramping up and piling on all over the place. *AND* it doesn’t help that we have a bunch of lunatics steering the ship right now.

Saffy420—You know the cake appreciated your courtesy. Onward and downward!

Hello day 20 co down ni nfd but controlled and hopefully low

@maayyaa – I am so glad things are moving again but maybe something to consider or think of for health in general. Sometimes the very thing you think you can’t do without is actually the problem. What about cutting down on diet coke rather than out? How much would you drink a day? These drinks are so addictive. When the time is right for you. Ponder on something that has been said here many times – that while some want a change they don’t want to change and if you change nothing, nothing changes.

@lilymartin – such an honest post on day 19

@big_viking – well done – in awe!

@westiewench the day of the challenge = the day of the month no matter ehen you started. That way we all finish together. If you are not well please be kind to yourself reset when you fell better and stronger.

@basyjames – lucky you I say, wear that jacket with pride! You and you little band of warriors are definetly pushing for a strong finish.

@pdoran – good advice already given. I do think everyone needs to track calories for a while as honestly as you can as you may be wildly underestimating your nfds by a lot. It gives you more of a realistic value on foods and drinks. Please don’t give up without giving this wol a proper go. 6 months? It may be the best decision you make.

@daffodil2010 – well done

@happymargo cheers and enjoy

For all those with family members unwell or facing other challenges. @sirisan, @onahealthyhigh, @okeydokey to name a few
    https://goo.gl/images/jjvkLD

@mari84 hope you nailed that fd – slepp deprivation and all

@keetseel yes new seasons, clock changing/daylight saving can all upset the rhythm and mindset. For me at moment I have changed from a reasonably active someone, to sitting with my foot up most of the day. I have gone from being busy to not having a lot to occupy my day. Nothing like boredom to scupper a fd. I havent been drinking as much water (hardly any) as to get to the loo takes much more effort and time. I am trying to not get into mindset of poor me – I so deserve a slice of cake! Friends and family are so good. Offers for coffee to get me out are so welcome but impossible not to have a scone with that coffee. So I am having to adjust my mindset and I guess it will take a bit of time. I just have to stay mindful and stay connected to this wonderful caring group. I only have to read some of these posts to remind myself to count my blessings and that while my wants are many, my needs are few. BTW sorry to be the bearer of bad news but are french fries not carbs? Crackers? Carbs? I also take it that you won’t ever decide to give up cheese lol.

@snowflake56 from your little flamingo who is doing well lol thank you. I can hobble without crutches now but have to keep my foot raised as much as possible. When its on the ground its like throbbing pins and needles. But everyday I see an improvement. My OH has really stepped up to the mark. He never really cooked dinners but has with a little instruction cooked dinners for the family – very impressed and he is a much tidier cook than I so I will have to up my game. Glad to hear your ribs are getting better enough for planks! I was going to ask about the bits that broke – they are not causing any problems? Back to ballet on the cards? I need to try some exercises, body weight or hand weights that I can do even with my foot rather than lie on a couch.

Day 19 – South of Iceland – Fiest
    Day 20 – Reykjavik – CFD

I´ve been away for 2 days, and barely connected, so I´m behind in posting. Yesterday was my wife´s birthday and she chose to spend it in a summerhouse in the countryside. My second fast day on the 18th went quite well although it was trying to drive for 1,5 hours late evening in pitch black and foggy rain on a empty stomach, were a 100% concentration is required.
    Yesterday (the 19th) was supposed to be a NFD but the birthday treats with a bubbly wine, plenty food and sweets turned it into a fiesta, at least a semi one. In order to counter for yesterday I´m having a CFD today and then a scheduled FD tomorrow.

I want to thank the motivation and the encouragements from those who have mentioned me in their posts recently; @okeydokey, @at, @happymargo. I hope I´m not forgetting anyone, since I haven´t been able to follow the posts closely at late. Very glad that @keelseel liked my lobster pizza 🙂

My hats off to @bert1802 for her reply to disheartened @pdoran23. It thought the reply was really motivational and with some good advice and hope that @pdoran23 kept on going despite of little displayed reward at the time.

2nd post

@coda –Oh darn, you’re right about the crackers. I was thinking potatoes were okay because they’re not refined. Wishful thinking?

Day 20 – ABQ – CD

Oh wow, so I’m super bad! I haven’t posted on here since last Monday! Things got a little crazy trying to help out my Houston family from afar! Luckily they are doing okay and finally got all moved into their new rental house late last week.

I’ve been doing good sticking to the calories I’d budgeted for myself, however I have been really bad about the WHAT i’m eating: Fast Food (lots and lots of it), junk food, and all the sweets! I know I need to cut back, but I keep (badly) justifying it as if I’m under the calories who cares? But it still makes a difference, I did a quick check on the scale and it hasn’t moved at all! I know the reason is the terrible food I’m eating, and I’m rectifying that this week, but I’m just so disappointed in myself for constantly giving in.

I think what I really need is a person to be my accountability partner. Like someone to check in with daily, and who will actually make me feel guilty (preemptively) for putting bad food in my mouth, and will hopefully make me think twice before eating! I know this forum helps, but a single person to check in with and be like “Hey! I haven’t heard from you today – how’d you do” plus i like the idea of cheering eachother on. I’d do it with my BFF but she just had a baby, and is struggling with her milk supply so the last thing she is thinking about is her weight, and I don’t want her to feel any guilt over that. I guess I really just needed to vent a bit and complain before I pick myself back up and soldier on ☺️ .

As for my fellow Dry-Winos that is the one thing I didn’t indulge in (so proud 😅 ). After the first two weeks, it hasn’t been as hard as I thought it would be, I don’t even really think about it anymore. I may re-up the challenge for October too, but we shall see..

Day 20 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Drizzly day here but had a great Yoga class this morning and a lovely afternoon of volunteering – we arranged to take our lovely ladies and gentleman out for afternoon tea at a local hotel instead of our normal get together and they all seemed to enjoy it so made it all worthwhile organising this outing.

Yesterday’s eating was a bit disastrous towards the end of the day – ending up consuming an extra 2/3 of my daily calorie allowance 😈and had a dreadful night’s sleep as a result – really not good at all 😒.
    Anyway the deed was done so moving forward today on a positive note – In order to make up for this dreadful indulgence I am aiming today to only only consuming 1/3 of my daily allowance!!! Currently on track for doing this……..

I have logged on here to catch up with the posts and to keep me motivated!

@pdoran23 – this WOE does work if you give it a chance – I believe you should start with the basics, and worry about other things only after you have done the basics correctly and they don’t seem to be working for you
    *Work out your TDEE for your target weight and eat to that level on your NFD – and a word of advice when working out your TDEE underestimate your exercise level if you want to lose weight quicker!
    *On your FD eat up to 600cal or 1/3 of your TDEE whichever you feel you can do more easily
    *Drink at least 2L of water daily
    *Try to reduce your unhealthy carbs – concentrating on eating healthy carbs only
    *Ensure that you have lots of vegetables (they are low in calories and fill you up)
    *If not using already try using an app such as MFP and weigh your food to track your calories more accurately to make sure that you are not underestimating what you are consuming – do this until you have learnt what a portion should look like
    Weigh once a week only after your 2nd FD – which should be your lowest weight of the week and this is always positive encouragement!
    *The first page on this thread by @simcoeluv provides some useful information if you have not already
    seen it:- https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

@steve-toon-taxi-driver – School sweethearts!!!! Big congratulations on your 38th wedding anniversary coming up in October! And a cruise to help you and your OH celebrate
    @johnnyr – 16kg disappeared is wonderful 👍
    @basyjames – not bragging at all but celebrating your size 0 even if it is for your top half and why shouldn’t you? Do a happy dance and enjoy that wonderful feeling 💃
    @sirisan – 🤗Thinking of you and your brother “Live each day with wings of faith and roots of hope”
    @okeydokey – I so agree with @snowflake56 ‘s comments – maintenance is certainly doable if you keep with this WOE and there are quiet a few of us who are proof of this – you can join us in maintenance soon! Hope Dad is staying stable but it is also important that you look after your health – don’t put off that dental work for too long 🤗
    @lilymartin – it was never in doubt that you would do that FD – great job – Sorry to hear that your mum hasn’t really recovered from her bad hip fracture in August and that her quality of life is poor (((Hugs))) Make the most of the time you have with her and create some wonderful memories!
    @maayyaa – great job on those smaller trousers 👖
    @snowflake56 – Yes Limehouse Golem by Peter Ackroyd – film and as one critic said “The Limehouse Golem may be hokum, but it’s glorious hokum that brings something fresh to the stale old cadaver of Victorian melodrama” and Bill Nighy, dialled down the eccentric tics, stutters and poses that are his signature and he is pleasingly restrained (I like him too) BTW good luck with the house hunting
    @onahealthyhigh – YES you and your OH can definitely do this together! We will all be here offering support and hugs when you need it xx
    @laurealice – thank you for sharing that cake recipe – sound yummy and I’ll be trying it this weekend
    @happymargo – hope all was OK at your colonoscopy? Safe trip and enjoy your birthday celebrations and as @bert1802 says “Don’t be ashamed about your vacation, it’s visitors like you that help us get back to normal”
    @coda – 🤗💐for you – stay strong and positive because things will get better sooner than later xx

Well I’m through the worst of the evening and have not succumbed to more food – Thank you all foreseeing me through! A glass of my kefir should see me through this very controlled day after yesterday’s excesses.

“Optimist: Someone who figured out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward isn’t a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.”
    The number on the scale might go up and down every other day, but that’s OK—this journey’s about living a healthier, happier life, not just about fitting into a certain dress size. We’ve all got to deal with setbacks, whether it’s missing a workout when we’re sick or having to grab something from the vending machine when there’s no time for lunch. Keep your eyes on your long-term goals.

Day 20 Sicily CD It’s incredibly easy to eat healthily here, although it still requires discipline not to overeat. Fresh fruit, local greens, fish, pork, and veal are readily available. The things to limit are local wines, pasta, bread, and gelato. I’ll have them but not in the same day!

Day 20 – Nuremberg, Germany – FD
    Pretty good fast day today. Skipped the hotel breakfast and just had a small yoghurt in the canteen at lunch. Cooking myself a pasta meal now before I head off for an early night.
    Didn’t make it to the gym unfortunately as I didn’t leave the office until around 8pm, but have my 10k steps for today so could be worse.

Day 21 NZ NFD

Weigh and measurement day. Not too bad still on track although last week was an all round loss. Is this what a plateau is?
    @keetseel: Watched half of counting calories video and will catch the rest later. Very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting.

Day 20 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Late checking in today as I checked out the Flylady website and got pulled in. @bert – I may give it a try.

The Sweet Dreams & Ab-ers – I’m not sure if you are gluttons for punishment or brave soles. Having others along for the ride makes it possible.

@flourbaby – This dry wino is slogging along, feeling sorry for herself, dreaming of a nice pinot, anxiously awaiting the end of prohibition.

Day 20, second post

Lesson learned for me. Don’t do FD on Monday, and then think I an do another on Wednesday instead of my usual Thursday. It totally blew my routine and I *needed* lunch so went and bought a chicken salad. A big one, and it was good! Probably not too many calories to completely rule out calling this a FD but I usually do a liquid only fast. Ah well, no dinner for me!

@jessyoursize Glad to hear the Dry Wino Experience is still going well. And I think that’s you signed up for another month 😉 In fact, sounds like you are the October Dry Wino in chief! 😀

Whilst it still is Day 20… just wanted to mention that today is 6 months to the day since I started this WOL. Not going back!

Day 20 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD
    Think this is the latest I’ve ever posted.
    Imposed day off as the clutch gave up on the taxi this morning. Gave me some time to finish off the painting at my Dad’s house.
    For some reason my phone wouldn’t charge today 🤔 but it did tonight. Very strange. Fast day went ok just liquids until 7pm then a simple omelette and raspberries and sugar free jelly for pud.
    Hope everyone had a good day.

day 20–ma, usa–fd
    3rd day of b2b2b. past two days went smoothly, and today, too, until now…it’s around 5 p.m. and the hunger is creeping in. harnessing my will power!

@jessyoursize what about buddying up with someone on this challenge? I would volunteer but as we are completely different time zones it may not work so well. Ha ha unless we agree you cant eat anything off plan without my agreement and by the time i read your post or email you will have gone off the idea anyway. Someone else in ABQ want an accountability buddy? I found making a pledge to another challenge member helped me focus. Why not be accountable to us all? There is always someone here to offer support, you check in daily with us and if you don’t you may have a lot of people asking where you are! Tell us what and why you have eaten or want to eat food x. Tired, hungry, bored, thirsty. What if anything you did or could do before you ate it, went for a walk, drank some water, breathe deeply, waited 10 minutes, ate a little protein instead. How you felt after you ate it, happy, guilty, angry, full, bloated, sick? Being mindful is practice. Use us as your accountability partners if it would help. After all this is how these challenges started, me asking if anyone else wanted to join me! But give yourself credit when due, you stuck with the dry winos, be proud and well done you! You are stronger than you think!

Thanks @at I will

Day 21 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 81.3kg (or was it 81.7kg … Should have wrote it down)

Yesterday my whole family went to a funeral for my son’s senior Kendal coach. I thought he was in his 80’s but it turns out he was just 77, only about 20 years older than me. That is a sober thought. In Japan people often round ages for adults, 80 could be anything from 75 to 85. There were a huge number of people that went there. It was more of a wake than a funeral and today is there will be the more formal one. I think it was a Shinto wake so it was very different than anything I had experienced.

However it is amazing how fleeting and precious life is. We so wrapped up in our daily problems that we often don’t think about it. At least that is true for me.

Second post. I just completed my minute plank while reading up on posts, and it helped. Thanks you guys.
    @penz congrats on your once too small but now oversize pants, this wol works!
    I just feel so appreciative of you all and how much we all support one another, my best to you all.

Day 21 NFD country West Australia
    weight up 0.6 kg after a good FD and very controlled NFD!
    The vagaries of weight loss ( health benefits aside)
    Anyway, read, post ,track.
    I did fall at the first hurdle of @basyjames mini challenge – sandwich for lunch healthiest option available at work; friend brought in chocolates for arvo tea; DH gave me apples with ice-cream for dinner! and no plank.
    So today resetting and see how the day goes.

Day 21 North Wales FD

Day 21 | Sydney Australia | NFD

I’ve only managed one complete fasting day this week (my fasting weeks are Monday thru Sunday).

Today is not an option as I’m planning to make a Thai meal tonight when I get home (Tom Kha Gai). It will be the first time I’ve tried to make it from all fresh ingredients (i.e. not from a paste). Apart from the coconut milk, that is still going to come out of a carton.

So I’m going to have to squeeze in at least one more fasting day on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Other than that, I’m maintaining weight but I need to get back into a routine of going to the gym.

Day 21 Melb AUST FD

Home all day and staying busy by doing housework- that’s exercise isn’t it? Lol

Day 21, FD
    One month until vacation time, at an all-inclusive resort. The plan is to get to ultimate target (which keeps moving in my mind!) before then. And then use early November to unpick any damage inflicted…

Day 20 NFD St. Louis USA
    Thank you for comments and support.
    All my best to all of you.

Day 20 Vancouver Island
    NFD
    10 days to go…
    All the best !

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.