September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,605 total)

• Day 19 North Wales FD

Today is the second day of my first back to back fast. About to go out so will comment later on how I have done.

Day 19, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

I had a relatively controlled weekend, although the cheese & onion crisps won a minor battle, which luckily didn’t escalate into a war!!

@okeydokey, @onahealthyhigh & @sirisan thinking of you all during these trying times.

@basyjames, size 0…………. Oooh, get you!!!!! On this forum any hint of bragging comes across as inspiring!!! I’ve noted every fabulous milestone on this forum, from being able to remove trousers without unbuttoning them, punching numerous new holes in belts, to purchasing clothes 3…. Yes 3 …… sizes too big because my mind works so much slower than the 5:2 WOL!!!! We’re delighted to share in your joy and we’ll get there too!!!

Stay strong everyone, we really can do this!!!!!

Day 19Belfast FD 🐢🗡🍷💪

For the first time in a long time, my FD went off piste badly, but the scales are down a pound and a half anyway. I’m planning on doing a proper fast today to atone.

@basyjames – no bragging was read into your post. Definitely a success marker there and one I can aspire to! Did you buy the jacket in the end?
    @sirisan – I’m so sorry to hear the news about your brother.
    @SteveToonTaxiDriver – congratulations for your wedding anniversary. We cruised for 14 days around the north coast of Australia last year – an amazing trip.
    @mogaman – enjoy Sicily. It’s a beautiful island.
    @snowflake56 – good luck with your house hunting.
    @pdoran – I echo all the other posts which urge you to stick with it. @bert1802 and @basyjames put it very well. This is a way of life, which offers weight loss and lots of health benefits. My journey has been slow, but I am going downwards and consolidating en route. Stay with it!
    @lilymartin – sorry to hear your mum’s not doing so well.
    @maayyaa – those smaller sizes make this WOL worth while, regardless of what the scales say.

***I’m starting a pocket list for today. Add your name to the list if you wish to join us***

@ Mema02
    @dykask
    @bigviking
    @rahul1905
    @jarbia (B2B)
    @mia139 (B2B)
    @daffodil2010 (B2B)
    @big_bill (B2B)
    @flourbaby (B2B)
    @iivanana
    @njgirl
    @skippy1968
    @stayinthin
    @Redrockgirl (b2b2b2b2b)
    @anna6 (B2B2B)
    @debster251

**I CAN AND I WILL!**

Day 19, Belfast, FD

@sirisan sorry to hear about your brother. Sending virtual hugs. And I appreciated your sound advice to @pdoran23

@pdoran23 – I’ll echo others who have encouraged you to stick at it. Last week I thought I’d dropped 9lbs…only for the scales to bounce up 6lbs this week. I don’t really understand the water-retention-whoosh that people talk about, our bodies are totally weird and amazing 😉 I just seem to be constantly hovering around the 12st mark, but the health benefits from IF are my main priority.

*******DAY 19 POCKET LIST!!*****
    ***I’m joining the pocket list for today. Add your name to the list if you wish to join us***

@ Mema02
    @dykask
    @bigviking
    @rahul1905
    @jarbia (B2B)
    @mia139 (B2B)
    @daffodil2010 (B2B)
    @big_bill (B2B)
    @flourbaby (B2B)
    @iivanana
    @njgirl
    @skippy1968
    @stayinthin
    @Redrockgirl (b2b2b2b2b)
    @anna6 (B2B2B)
    @debster251
    @belfastsink

**I CAN AND I WILL!**

Good luck everyone!

PS I’m going to try the low-cal Thai Spiced Noodles recipe for my FD dinner tonight. I’ll review tomorrow lol!

thanks for the advice from @belfastsink and @sirisan and all others , i am very
    much appreciated , im changing my days around from monday wedneday to wednesday friday , althou fridays are hard , its sooooooooooo hard to understand a weight gain like
    6lb in 2 days , there wouldnt be that in the food even , but i do echo the health
    benefits are beneficial

thanks also @lynned @bert1802 @dykask @basyjames , i will jump back
    on the fasting tomorrow

Day 19…….Florida…..NFD

Yesterday went quite well…… plus the scales this morning were very good to me. Over the impromptu week off, no electricity and stormy weather conditions, I managed to gain 4lbs but after my fasting weekend and yesterday’s FD, I managed to let the 4lbs plus an additional one slip away. Plus, my body is starting to like me again….

@basyjames…… size 0….. way to go! You are doing fantastic!

@stevetaxi…… 38 years impressive….. something tells me you really like each other….
    Every anniversary with my husband, I tell him, you know after 20 years, something is telling me, we must really like each other….. he always responds yeah, maybe we can continue to like each other for another 20……

@ daffodil…… homemade tomato soup and oat bread sounds so yummy! I could go for a bowl right now…..

@big bill……. when I started eating only 500,I thought oh that not a lot, but after time, I began to see all that could be eaten with so little calories. What I found was, if it was good for you, the calories were quite low. So, veg and fruit are my new staples!

So, I’ve been doing this flylady method, out of 13 rooms and a hallway with three big closets, I’ve manage to declutter 5 rooms already…… it’s slow process but I’m getting there. I even got the OH on the band wagon. Hes calling the disposal people today to set up an appt., for the to come pick up the big stuff! Then he and the boys will take it to the curb…. Yeah!

Okay…. well I’m off!

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day 19 Newcastle UK NFD.

Day 19 Akron OH FD. @debster251 Oh I definitely bought the top, how could I not! plus it was on sale so win-win 🙂
    I have noticed that I sleep amazingly well on my FD especially when I stay away from refined sugar and refined carbs. So I feel inspired to begin a mini challenge; no refined sugar, no refined carbs, no alcohol, and 1 min daily planks till the end of the month. If you care to join let me know; I am calling this the Sweet Dreams & Abs challenge LOL.
    Adding myself to the pocket fasters
    join us***

@ Mema02
    @dykask
    @bigviking
    @rahul1905
    @jarbia (B2B)
    @mia139 (B2B)
    @daffodil2010 (B2B)
    @big_bill (B2B)
    @flourbaby (B2B)
    @iivanana
    @njgirl
    @skippy1968
    @stayinthin
    @Redrockgirl (b2b2b2b2b)
    @anna6 (B2B2B)
    @debster251
    @belfastsink
    @basyjames

Day 1 Sweet Dreams & Abs challenge

Day 19, NFD
    Plan on doing a CFD today.

Day 19, South Wales, NFD

@basyjames, liking your Sweet Dreams & Abs challenge – I’m in!

Day 19 Sicily CD It’s so easy to eat the Mediterranean diet when you’re LIVING ON THE MEDITERRANEAN !
    I need a CD after the two travel days.
    @pdoran23 Some tips to avoid discouragement: 1. Weigh yourself only at the end of each monthly challenge. 2. Use an App (Lose It or My fitness pal) to track your eating, making you accountable to yourself. 3. Don’t improvise too much. It’s called 5/2 for a reason. Strict 500 on FD’s and the other 5 stay under your TDEE. 4. It’s helped me to add up daily the accumulating caloric totals and (for me, I’m small) stay at it under 6000/week. Don’t leave us! Your clothes will get looser, guaranteed.

Day 19 – USA (IL) – FD

Maintenance for me translates well to 6:1 so today will be my FD. When I have lots to do around the house, that works pretty well.

Onward and downward.

@lynned I’m so glad to have a sweet dreams & abs buddy, let’s rock this joint!!!

Day 19 London NFD

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Cold, rainy day. No hiking. Cold weather will be a challenge regarding food. Hot soups and tea will have to be the answer, most of the time. 😅😅😅

Have a good Tuesday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 19 Lancaster, PA USA FD
    I had a scare yesterday, my father had an episode where he couldn’t breath 2 nights ago. He told me about it yesterday. He’s ok now, but I’m worried about him. We are waiting for the doctors to be able to implement a procedure to replace a valve in his heart.
    Yesterday’s FD turned into a NFD, with an egg and tomato sandwich, and a chocolate ice cream pop. 😋I’m gradually working my way to the FD’s, less than 500 calories and water FD’s. It takes a while for my system to get used to no sugar and carbs and then fasting. I’m going to work my way there today. Being anxious about my father isn’t helping it. 😊 I will make some veggie, steak bone broth either today or tomorrow that will help me stay away from the carbs and balance my sugar levels.
    @rainbowsmile Namaste’, I am grateful for your supportive votive meditations.✨🙏✨I know how powerful, and positive meditation can be…. Thank-you
    @lilymartin So sorry, it can be hard when our parents health goes down hill, we want the best for them. Praying for Blessings for you and your mother. ✨🙏✨🌈✨
    @mjmj I have found with carbs, sugar, it’s a rollercoaster with the hunger. I’m also working my way back to only protein and veggies. Once I get into burning fat, ketosis, then healthy fat is not a problem and no more roller coaster. Good luck to you!✨
    @snowflake56 It sounds very exciting, I’m glad your retirement is finally getting close.
    @maayyaa Congrats ✨✨🎉 on your weight loss, the pants you tried on being baggy. ✨love that feeling.✨
    @flourbaby ✨Thank-you, for your kind thoughts.✨I really enjoy reading your posts. You brighten my day.✨
    @debster251 I’m in the same boat with you. We are human, that’s what I like about our forum.✨

✨Adding myself to the pocket fasters, please add your name if your fasting.✨👍
    @mema02

@dykask

@bigviking

@rahul1905

@jarbia (B2B)

@mia139 (B2B)

@daffodil2010 (B2B)

@big_bill (B2B)

@flourbaby (B2B)

@iivanana

@njgirl

@skippy1968

@stayinthin

@Redrockgirl (b2b2b2b2b)

@anna6 (B2B2B)

@debster251

@belfastsink

@basyjames
    @okeydokey
    @songbirdme
    @redrockgirl302

✨Wishing Everybody Well today!🎶✨

Day 19 Canada NFD

Resting after a tough week. Back to fasting tomorrow!

Day 19 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Great FD yesterday – 170cal consumed in the form of homemade kefir with some fresh raspberries and cups of tea with skimmed milk and lots of water.

Woke up to a sunny if cold day – perfect for a lovely hike with a couple of friends and then broke my fast from yesterday with a bacon sandwich and a cafetière of locally roasted coffee – not my usual fare but everyone was indulging and I thought why not – lovely artisan bread and proper bacon nothing else required with it!
    Nothing more to eat today as out this evening – going out for a family meal then seeing Limehouse Golem (DD request) OH says he will give the film a miss – he’s not a great one for the cinema!!!!

Busy day so no time to catch up – hope everyone is going OK and enjoying life
    🤗for anyone needing one

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop” Confucius

Day 19 Wales NFD

2nd post

@okeydokey not being able to breath is terrible. How long does it take before they put in the new valve?

@basyjames I’m in, ate way too much sugar last week, my rib doesn’t make any problems anymore so I can start again with the planks.

@at Limehouse Golem by Peter Ackroyd? I have the book somewhere on a bookshelf, but where???

Had a perfect day today, the three houses we wanted to look at were not what we expected from the photographs, not in such a good state and smaller than described. We had a lot of fun, discovered a lovely antique store. It has beautiful Jugendstil (from ~1900) windows, it was closed but a woman saw us looking at the display and asked if we wanted to go inside. She was the owners’ daughter and she had the keys. We talked about the houses in the neighbourhood and she showed us her parents’ house next door. It was huge and the decoration was so tastful. We had lunch at the museum (were there last year for an exposition of Lawrence Alma-Tadema), I had a very delicious salad with buffelo mozzarella and a slice of beerbread with butter. Om Monday we’re going on the next tour in another city.

Day 19 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    I had a good B2B, now for a CD today.
    @lilymartin – I’m following your advice and tracking my calories for awhile, especially on NFD as sometimes they are harder for me.

@sirisan – I’m so sorry to hear about your brothers cancer. 💝(((Hugs)))
    @steve toon taxi driver – Congratulations on 38 years!! 🎈🎈
    @mogaman – Enjoy Sicily with all that great fresh mediterranean food!
    @okeydokey – Very scary for you and your father. My thoughts are with you. 💝(((Hugs)))

Day 20 NZ NFD

Day 19—ABQ—CD

Woke up to a text from my daughter in LA: a 3.6 earthquake in the night. She said it felt like someone was shaking the bed. The most important part for her was that the bed–which we assembled together –did not fall to pieces.

@mogaman—I am looking forward to hearing about your Mediterranean adventures. Please continue to post!

@rainbowsmile—That meal sounds wonderful. I have a fond memory of eating at a place (a fancy pub?) south of London where we had many courses with wine. I was 19 years old and it was the first time I had ever eaten cheese after dinner, the first time I had had a multiple-course meal, let alone a different wine with every course. I felt very grown-up and worldly.

@basyjames—Is it okay if I join you in a modified Sweet Dreams & Abs—that is abstain from refined sugar/refined carbs do 1 min plank per day but still have a little drop of wine or beer from time to time?

@okeydokey—Hang in there. I’m sending your dad healing energy.

@sirisan—Hugs to you.

Here’s a pretty good video doc about calories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ice-HmfFLo

Day 29, Gozo Malta, fd

Mogaman Gozo is just sixty miles away from Sicily. We love traveling to Sicily and go there about four times a year.

Okeydokey I prayed for your father again. I hope he gets better soon.

Today I ate one fourth of a ginger flapjack I made yesterday.
    But otherwise I ate in total around 700 calories. So it was a successful fast day.

Tomorrow is my last fast day of the week.

Good night everyone, onwards and downwards.

Second Post

Can’t quite believe I have managed a back to back fast. I never thought I could do it for one day let alone two. Today has been challenging I will admit, but drinking lots of sparkling water has helped enormously. I will do another hopefully next week.

@pdoran23 please do not give up. I weighed regularly at the beginning and found it disheartening to see my weight fluctuate so much. I now weigh only twice a month and up to now my weight has always gone down. So far I have not reached a plateau.

@happymargo I tried miso soup today for the first time, thank you for the tip, but I found the taste quite horrible 😂. It’s a shame because I had heard how good it was for you.

@sirisan sorry to hear about your brother. Hope you get some good news soon.

Day 19 – SW WA USA – FD

The sun is peeking out on a mostly cloudy, rainy day. It has been much needed though & is helping put a damper on the fires. Now they’re just keeping an eye out for potential flooding where there is less foliage.

Good to read of everyone’s journey. I’m glad you’re healed up @snowflake56 and here to encourage us all.

Adding to the 19th FD list: Add yourself if you want to join us.
    @mema02

@dykask

@bigviking

@rahul1905

@jarbia (B2B)

@mia139 (B2B)

@daffodil2010 (B2B)

@big_bill (B2B)

@flourbaby (B2B)

@iivanana

@njgirl

@skippy1968

@stayinthin

@Redrockgirl (b2b2b2b2b)

@anna6 (B2B2B)

@debster251

@belfastsink

@basyjames
    @okeydokey
    @songbirdme
    @AnneMariyn

Day 20/FD/Melbourne Australia 🐢🍷🐲

@snowflake @flourbaby @bert @happymargo @califdreamer @keetseel @awilson @okeydokey @rainbowsmile @debster @at @missybear @molij thank you all for your kindness, hugs and concern. It really helped. The procedure my DH had wasn’t successful and he will need further surgery in the next few weeks. The good news is his condition was determined to be benign, not life threatening, just life changing. We’ll need to change our plan to travel this year and slow down a little. We can do this.

@okeydokey @sirisan and @ lilymartin hugs

Day 19 – Nuremberg, Germany – NFD
    No weigh in as travelling.
    Not a bad day today despite the fact that the work canteen does huge portions for lunch here in Germany Spaghetti Bolognese which I only managed about a third of a portion otherwise I’d have been in a food coma all afternoon.

@onahealthyhigh I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. I missed your post earlier. My love and hugs to you, as well as @okeydokey, @sirisan, @lilymartin. Hang in there.

@snowflake56 so glad to hear you are feeling better. I’m looking forward to finishing the month strong with this mini challenge, @keetseel I will take it, modified just adds more flavor to the mix!

The Sweet Dreams & Ab-ers
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel

Day 20 Sydney FD

Day 20 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 80.3kg

Good FD yesterday, first good one in two weeks. (Zero calories and 36 hours) Working exercising but work is working against me. These days I’m thinking a lot about how I can retire in 10 years without starving. I’m lucky that is my problem, many have much worse problems.

Hello day 19 co down ni
    🐢 checkin’ in

Norway, Day 20, FD

It is in the middle of the night, I am sitting up with my 3yo who woke up and won’t fall asleep again if I don’t sit here. I am so tired… anyway. I get to read up on posts in here, so that’s good.

I stepped on the scale last night, pure torture to do that at THE END of a NFD, but pleasantly surprised I had dropped a kg. Maybe the plateau is over? I might just be dehydrated, but I liked the number I saw, a looong time since I that it 🙂 with the two last weeks of the challenge being 4:3 I might just barely make my goal for September. I hope. But no biggie if I don’t, I will not be discouraged by a plateau.

Hope everyone else are having a good nights sleep. I will get back into bed now hopefully. My husband can take over now, I have been up for an hour, not good…

Day 20 NFD Country West Australia
    What a lovely group of people you are – so supportive of each other.
    Many thanks to all who have been supportive of me and my mother’s trials.
    I am finally back on track. I find that reading posts and posting daily is what I need to keep on track.
    @awilson I find counting calories a pain in the proverbial but it is amazing how many calories there are in some food and drinks.
    For example I have several flat white coffees, beloved of many Aussies, a day. But they do contain a lot of milk and 3 or 4 of these bad boys can seriously derail a FD.
    Keeping on track with the cals means you can eat a lot of salad/ vegetables for little calorific intake. Conversely a few slices of bread etc can add up the intake quickly and TDEE becomes a number easily passed!
    I also find that good sleep and plenty of water, even though I always drink plenty, are required for me for a good FD.
    @sirisan thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother. I hope things improve.
    @okeydokey, thanks for your thoughts and right back at you for your father. I hope his health problems are sorted quickly.
    @dykask, good to hear from you ,sounding a bit perkier than earlier in the week.
    @coda – hello! So good to hear from you too. It is thanks to you that I am on this thread and following this WOL.
    @basyjames – my knees are quaking , my heart is pounding and I have broken out into a cold sweat. I can’t believe I am about to say that I will tentatively join up to no sugar ( gulp!), no refined carbs ( what??) 1 minute plank challenge. My brain is saying ‘ what are you thinking girl??”
    That is not to say that this evening I will be admitting defeat BUT I will start today with the intention of trying this challenge. 😯😰

second post
    @mari84 I hope you got back to sleep and your little one too.

day 19–ma, usa, fd

Day 19 Vancouver Island
    NFD

Day 20, NFD
    Successful FD yesterday. Hoping I can be sensible today. I find it very frustrating not being able to weigh myself on a daily basis whilst away!

Day 19 NFD St. Louis USA

All my best to all of you.

Norway, day 20, FD, 2nd post

@lilymartin Sorry to say I was up for two more hours, the 3yo woke up the 1yo, of course, so that was fun. I am so tired now, just arrived at work. Oh well, I chose to get children didn’t I? Well, I didn’t exactly choose to get the youngest, he was a surprise, but the best surprise ever. When he is happy and sleeping through the night that is. =D

So because of my sleep deprivation I am a bit nervous for this FD, I feel so much more fragile to temptations when I am tired. This is the third night in a row with bad sleep, so I feel a bit on edge, but I will try my best today. I have yoga class this evening, also a bit nervous to see how that will be on a FD, but I guess it will be ok.

Have a good day everyone!

Norway, Day 20, NFD

Good morning. Hope you get through you FD @mari84!! 🙂 Must be SO good to see 1kg less, and thats even at the end of a NFD!! Just think about what the number can be tomorrow morning, after a successfull FD and Yoga!! Im looking forward hearing the number…hopefully we can jump of the platau together… although…im off to eat Indian food (again! I know)tomorrow with some colleagues… but i have decided to skip the garlic nan bread…. so just grilled chicken and tandoori sauce…gotta count for something… well, lets see how that plan works out for me…

Im not gonna eat until 10:30 (lunch)…i wake up at 5:15 on weekdays.

Have a good one!

DAY20 – UK – FD

Not a good FD yesterday – (my b2b)…lasted until supper time, then stupidly overindulged! Really silly of me, as I felt uncomfortable all evening. Another try to-day, hopefully more successful.
    Good luck all.

Day 20 North Wales NFD

Really looking forward to food today 😋

@onahealthyhigh so glad to hear that your husbands condition was benign. Sending you 🤗 Hugs x

@jarbia I nearly gave up around 4.00pm yesterday on my first b2b challenge too. It was only the fizzy water and the fact I was out most of the evening at dog club, so was distracted, that prevented me from failing. Hope your second is more successful.

Day 20 – Ireland – NFD

Lost 2.5 pounds on my B2B FD so delighted with that. Back into 10 stone land 😄 Yay!! It’s NFD today but holding off on breaking the fast until lunch time so that will be 16 hours between meals. Considering I only consumed 100 calories yesterday I sure am looking forward to my boiled eggs and ham for lunch!

@molij and @jarbia I was with you guys yesterday too. It was second day of a supposed to be liquid only B2B but from 6pm yesterday I found it so difficult. I had promised myself a milky drink for bedtime so instead I used the calories for that for a bedtime snack of a tiny slice of oatbran bread, cherry tomatoes and salt. Yum. It sure helped prevent failure.

We can do this 👍

Day 19 Melb AUS FD
    Day 20 Melb AUS NFD

So glad the weather has improved and was able to go for a walk on the sunshine. Also went to my first ever Pilates class last night with my daughters 🙂

Day 20 Belfast FD

A quick check in – will catch up on posts later.

Thoughts and prayers for anyone caught up in earthquakes or hurricanes. What a crazy world.

Day 20 – France – NFD

I really don’t know what’s happening to our beautiful Planet, it’s crazy crazy right now.

Trying to read through all your posts, my heart goes out to all those going through hard times and am so happy for all your individual victories. This really is the best ever forum  – it’s incredible to find so much sharing.

@debster, where are you going in France? The sun’s come back I’m happy to say, so you should get in some basking.

I made this almost guilt-free cake for the grape-pickers and it was a real hit, so thought I’d share it with you. Now I must admit I tasted a wee bit (had to check of course), my first mini-sugar whoosh of the month.

Choco-courgette cake (egg and dairy-free)

Blitz 500g courgettes, 100g olive oil, 160g sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. You then have a kind of green goo. Add 270g self-raising flour and 50g cocoa. Bake 20 minutes in oven 180°C. Et voilà. Every single picker asked for the recipe, not bad eh!

Hugs to all

Day 20 Wales NFD

Checking in before I go to the hairdresser for a much needed haircut. Out for dinner this evening – I won’t have pudding but wine is planned……then hopefully repair any damage quickly with a FD tomorrow.

@daffodil2010 – well done on jumping straight back into fasting straight after your hols.

@mari84 – sending you positive vibes to keep you going today and remember to drink lots of water.

Have a good day everyone x

2nd post
    Think I over-did the hotel breakfast, so skipping lunch today. May have some fruit this afternoon to tie me over until dinner. And hopefully I will be more sensible at dinner than I was with breakfast!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.