September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,605 total)

• 2nd post

Just want to second @at‘s (and others’) encouragement for those struggling. I’ve totally been there and am sure I will experience it again. I’m sure it’s impossible to give 100% effort 100% of the time. We have to allow the blips…and then not dwell on them and crack on. Just like life, really…

@at said: To those who are struggling – Be strong and fabulous – Never give up – Everyone has bad days – Pick yourself up and keep going – Firmly press that RESET button and remember that Progress means that you might not be where you want to be. But you’re not where you used to be! Plenty of time for a last push towards those goals.

Words of wisdom! xx

thinking of giving up on this 5,2 , i fasted 3 days last week , dropped almost 6lb
    untill friday , only to put it all back on in 2 days , i did have some nice food but
    not lots , how can this be possible , ? frustrated ,
    sorry for the bad vibes everyone ,

Day 18……Florida….FD

Well, I did it yesterday. I substained from food for 23 hours, ate dinner then went right back into my fast, even though the dragon wanted to come out and play. Dinner was not the best but it was good, pizza with a salad. I’m slowly getting my weight back down to what it was Day 1 of Sept challenge.

@lilymartin and others on plateau mountain…… being up on top of the mountain is hard, but you must remain positive. Your body is adjusting to your new WOL. There are a few things you can try that helped me. I added more water to my drink habit, it wasn’t a lot I think only two glasses a day. I also changed my fasting days. I normally fast on M, W, and Fri., so I switched it to T, Th and Sat. Plus, I stayed connected to the group here. Everyone gave me the additional strength to push through.
    Ultimately, when my plateau broke, I went back to what I was doing originally.

@onahealthyhigh……. sending you the biggest hug 🤗. Life sure can play dirty sometimes.

@dyskak…. hope you feel better

@okaydokey…… I forgot to mention, I put you and you daddy in my prayers.

@ coda…. Im just catching up on posts, I hope you foot is doing better!

Well…..I’m off to start another productive day!

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day18 Chester UK NFD

So the plan for the next few days is no breakfast, apple for lunch then something relatively low cal for tea, trying to stay under TDEE rather than try to fast properly. OH is talking about a barbecue tomorrow which shouldn’t be too bad but leads to wine and temptations. Back home on Thursday so that will be a FD, might try a b2b And see how I get on.

I’m definitely missing water, why is it so easy to forget to drink it (never have the problem with wine), I’ve got empty bottles dotted around , in handbags, by the bed etc but for the past few days they’ve remained empty. Without it I feel bloated and sluggish. Such a simple thing that really works.

@stevetoontaxidriver, forgot to say yesterday you’re my hero. Saturday night I was the unofficial taxi driver for the 21st birthday party which meant driving around Liverpool city centre several times between 11&12. 😲 OMG- the traffic, the people (mainly drunk). How I didn’t run anyone over – you must have the patience of a saint.

Day 16- Colorado USA- FD, under 800 cals.
    Day 17- clear liquids only FD, bowel prep for colonoscopy
    Day 18- Fast until after colonoscopy. Looking forward to dinner tonight!!

@onahealthyhigh — ((Hugs)) to you. That sounded like a rough day (except the burger & fries part. That sounded fantastic. But it’s been over 12 days since I’ve eaten normal food, so it ALL sounds great.).
    Hope your OH does well. Your car gets fixed quickly. And no more unexpected rough patches.

@liathanail – I’m impressed with how you do so well with the constant commuting travel. You’ve got a plan!
    I’m only in airports 6 or so times each year. I always tell myself, “Travel day makes for a perfect FD.” But, between boredom, passing time & restaurant smells, I usually succumb to fast food snacking right alongside my travel buddy. Stay strong! You got this.

Day 18 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.

2nd post….

@pdoran…….. a little frustrating, the scale can be sometimes, but don’t let the scale be your deciding factor when it comes to deciding whether the WOL works or it doesn’t.
    Your weight can fluctuate day to day, so, if I may offer some suggestions. The first one being the biggest. Try and refrain from daily weigh ins, because of the fluctuations. Pick a day and a time and that’s should be the only scale measurement you consider. Mine is Sat morning at 7am.

2. On NFD, track your calories, I know it counter productive but you could be eating something that your body doesn’t like making it hold on to salt, water and more. Do this for only one week, then next week, eliminate on item from your NFD. My body doesn’t respond well to chocolate and Chinese food. I hold on to both of them for weeks. Keep eliminating things until you find your dragon.

3. For no other ways to track, the success of 5:2, are your clothes feeling better, are you sleeping better, have more energy, less moody. If answer yes, then your on the right track.
    I’ve always said and I tell everyone this when starting out weight loss is a side effect of 5:2 not the goal. The goal is to heal yourself from the inside out!

Final thoughts….. give yourself sometime, please be kind to yourself and stay connected. This is just a hiccup…….

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

2nd post

@steve toonTaxi – congrats on your 38 year anniversary! That’s fantastic. Hope you enjoy your cruise, you’ve earned it! The cruises I’ve been on, the food has been fabulous. Enjoy!

@rainbowsmile – 5 courses with bread, cheese & wine? Mmmmm…I’m melting! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday for a friend.

@molij – good luck on your first B2B ever. The first one can seem daunting, but I remember feeling so pleased with myself when I finally nailed it. And it turned out to be surprisingly easier than I had anticipated. Just drown the hunger dragons & use bouillon or miso soup if needed. The sodium will stave off any headaches. You got this!!

3rd post

@johnnyr – 16kg banished is amazing!! Something to be proud of. And I bet your knees are thanking you on every run (by going a bit faster! 😄)

@tenoro – I agree FD are tougher on the weekend. I’m around family & friends, plus no set schedule or routine. And dinners out with OH makes staying below 500 for the day impossible. For me, work days with structure & keeping busy work the best for FD. (I only managed FDs this weekend as prep for colonoscopy, which seems like cheating, but otherwise it would’ve been Food On!)
    Good luck on your b2b!

Day 18 Akron OH. FD.
    let me clarify that size zero. I have been pear shaped all my life; smaller on top not so much on the hips. So I have always worn a smaller size on my top half. I am sure I do not fit into a size zero on every brand out there, not even close, but while clothes shopping I saw this darling jacket that looked like it might fit; I checked the size and thought no way is this going to fit but when I tried it on – it did! I never thought I would see the day; it was a real emotional boost for me. When the year began, I could barely fit in my size 10-14 clothing; they were all on the snug side. I am really thankful for finding a way of life that works for me and so many others. I really did not mean to brag and hope it did not come across that way especially since I see so many of our friends are struggling.
    @pdoran IF is not always a quick fix for weight loss, sometimes your body pushes back and you may not see any change on the scale for weeks; but if you don’t give up, you definitely will. However while you are waiting to see the numbers you hope for, amazing things are going on inside where you can’t see it; optimized brain function leading to improved mental clarity and concentration, fat loss, normalized blood insulin and sugar levels, improved fat burning, lowered blood cholesterol, autophagy(cellular cleansing) potential prevention of Alzheimers. and a potentially longer life.
    When I am stuck on a plateau I remind myself of the benefits of giving my digestive system a break and it motivates me. You may not see the results you are hoping for right away, but if you stick with it – it’s just a matter of time until you do. my best to you 🙂

Day 18, FD

Two good mindful eating days over the weekend, but I more than drank my TDEE so all up, not good!

Snowflake56: You’ve got great memory! The champagne tasting was Moet – v yum. We had to have lots of glasses to decide whether we liked the 2009 or 2012 vintage better! 
    Tenoro: your pizza (lobster, rucola, parmesan and green apple) sounds divine.

Basyjames: not a brag at all, but something to be justifiably proud of. Your story of size 0 is inspiration to us all, and (certainly from my perspective) helps provide support to those who are struggling. It shows what’s possible.

Day 18 – USA (IL)- NFD

Home to IL today – will step on my own scale in the morning to see if any damage was done on my trip.

Onward and downward.

@molij and @happymargo. I’ve done a few cruises the food will be a difficult temptation. I think I’ll take a break form the diet for the holiday maybe loose a few more pound before we set off and definitely back to a fast day when I get back to work.
    I can’t believe it will be 38 years of marriage this year, she’s been my girl since school days when we were 15 lol that’s a long way back. We are hoping to do a 4 or 5 week southern hemisphere Cruise in 2019 we are both 60 then and it will be 40 years of marriage. Got to get there first.

Day 18 FD St. Louis USA
    Day 17 NFD
    Day 16 NFD

I haven’t logged in for several days so I’m posting for the past three days including today which will be a fast day. I am still working on maintenance and doing well. I’m allying myself up to 600 cal on my fast day and just fasting the one day a week. That day is today. I sort of look forward to it. It gives me a routine and I don’t have to think about it a whole lot.

@pdoran23. I haven’t caught up on all the posts so I don’t know your story, how much you have to lose or long you’ve been using 5:2 I started in March of this year with the challenge and have lost 18 pounds, met my goal as far as weightloss and I’m working on maintenance. I also want to lose or reduce another inch in my waist and fat in my belly. I had times where I didn’t lose much but I kept going. Personally, if I lost 5 pounds at once, I wouldn’t have trusted it and suspected it was water weight. I preferred losing it a little more slowly, a couple of pounds a week and sometimes not that. It has definitely been worth it for me and I hope you can figure out a way to hang in there until you reach your goal. I fasted two days a week back to back and then one additional day later in the week. I never fasted on weekends and was extremely impressed by those of you who do. I have changed my eating, I exercise every day even if it’s just 15 minutes of yoga and a 20 minute walk and started taking kettle bell classes one day a week. I think all those things have made a difference over time. This group has been very supportive. I’m not one who comments a lot but many do.

On a personal note about my family, I think some of you knew my brother had his third bout with cancer and had gamma knife radiation treatment to remove some small tumors in his brain. We had thought it was successful, but apparently the cancer is still in his body. It’s all uncertain at this point and we are waiting for more information. Obviously, we’re very concerned and my focus is been on the family so I may miss some days or posts.

All my best to all of you.

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Fasting it is!
    @snowflake56: Thanks for putting me on the list! Makes it official! 😊😊😊
    Off to a hike soon. Later some gardening is on my agenda.
    @sirisan: Sending good vibes for your brother!
    Have a good Monday everyone! 🍁🍂🍃

Day 18 Canada NFD

.1 of a kg away from this months goal weight and the fat on my belly is finally disappearing!

@debster251 and everyone else having ups and downs- keep your eyes on the prize today

Day 18 UK FD

Day 18 – USA – NFD

@sirisan, thinking of you and your brother today ((hugs))

2nd post

@sirisan I’m so sorry to hear this, you were so full of hope. Hugs to you, your brother and your family

@okeydokey how are you doing, is your father getting better? Hugs and take care of yourself also.

@bellyblast well done on almost reaching your goal with another 12 days to go on this challenge!

@basyjames I don’t think you were bragging, you did great and it’s encouraging others to stay on this path and to see what you can achieve.

@penz I’m not a winedrinker but just say champagne and I’m on my way. Germany is not the country of champagne, they drink something called sekt, to me it’s just a sour drink and you really can’t compare it with champagne (of course Germans won’t agree).

I’m glad I was able to start the list of Pocketeers today. I can only do it when I’m not working, so this holiday is perfect for doing it. I also have more time to read and write now.

Have a good day everyone, fasting or non-fasting and take care.

Day 18 Lancaster, PA USA FD
    Today, I’m looking forward to turning the switch to fat burning, with no sugar, in spite of the interrogation about me losing weight. My father and sister told me they pretty much don’t beleive people can keep weight off, if they lose it as quickly. There was a pause that implied, maybe I can. I believe, I and the people in our group are able to maintain the weight loss. I told them that is called maintenance. If being healthy requires maintenance than, I’m in!✨ I realize they mean well, they just haven’t given it a try and experienced the benefits of the 5:2 like I have.
    @onahealthyhigh I hope your DH has had a successful surgery and is recovering. It’s Also very disturbing about the unexpected gust of wind damaging your car door. ✨🙏✨Wishing you well, you and your DH are in my prayers.✨🙏✨

Thank- you @bert1802 for your kind prayers. I’m so very glad you, your family and your home is saved from Irma. I know Florida will bounce back✨🌈✨
    Thank-you @anna6 for your prayers✨ I also am praying for the victims in London.✨
    @annemarilyn Thank-you for the kind wishes, it is very hard being 8.5 hours away.
    @saffy420 @missybear @metatauta Thank-you for your beneficial thoughts and wishes.✨
    @snowflake56 113 days and counting! I’m very happy for you on your retirement!
    @redrockgirl302 Thank-you for the healing vibes for my father.✨
    @debster251 @laurealice Thank-you for the thoughtful words.
    @at Thank-you for thinking of me. I’m hoping to find some time, days in a row for the procedure and recovery.
    @rainbowsmile he is recovering for the next 2 weeks with a monitor on his chest. The good part it is mobile so he can walk around a bit. The bad part is he can’t see the monitoring measurements of his blood pressure, and his atrial fibrillation, isn’t under control. He has had a heart condition since he was born, basically has 3 things going on at once with his heart now. Congestive heart, atrial fibrillation, the left side of his heart beats faster than the right since he was born, and he has an extra basal heart beat. I will be traveling back to see him again in a couple weeks, especially when the cardiologists put’s him on a new medicine. The reason he ended up in the ICU was because of an adverse reaction to the medicine the Cardiologist gave him.
    @sirisan So very sorry about your brother. I hope he and your family will get some better news about the cancer. I’m Praying that his cancer will go away and he will have better health.✨

✨Wishing Everyone a Good, safe, happy Day!✨

3rd post

@okeydokey we posted at the same time. Don’t let anyone tell you can’t keep the weight off, prove them to be wrong. Scary times for your dad and you being so far away.

Day 18 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Thankfully FD went well yesterday. I really needed a success. I’m going to go for a B2B today.
    We’ve had some rain which is sorely needed around here. 🌧 ☔️

@brightonbelle – Sounds like a handful!! Stay strong 💪
    @onahealthyhigh – Sorry to hear about husbands condition so stressful. Don’t beat yourself up. Tomorrow you can push the reset button. 🌸

*** DAY 18 – POCKET LIST*** started by @snowflake56
**If you’re fasting today and want to join just copy and paste the list below, adding your name.** I hope I have everyone, if I forgot someone, please add your name to the list.

@snowflake56

@daffodil2010 b2b

@keetseel

@losing_it

@louis05

@lynned

@mari84

@mema02

@missybear

@molij b2b

@taraga

@liathanail

@big_bill

@lilymartin

@westiewench

@redrockgirl302 b2b2b2b2b

@anna6 b2b2b

@coda

@msraven

@lynzm

@califdreamer
    @debster251

@johnnyr

@tenoro 2nd day of B2B

@at
    @awilson

Quick check-in.

Very pleased with the weigh-in this morning before I headed for the airport. 1.4kg to go to hit the monthly goal, which means I have gotten rid of more than 4 stone since March 20th. NFD very controlled so far, but hotel restaurant coming up in a bit…

Day 18, Norway, FD

Adding my self to the FD list. Still on my f*n plateau… for how long can this last? my goal for september is as far away today as it was August 31 🙁

For the most time I have CDś on my NFDś…so i dont get this…please dont tell me i need to quit coke zero/diet coke :(… ( i dont smoke, i drink alcohol maybe 2-3 times a year, i need this one thing 🙂 )

Last meal yesterday was around 7pm, chicken, and next meal was today at around 5pm…and no more food/kcals until tomorrow lunch…10:30am…

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010 b2b

@keetseel

@losing_it

@louis05

@lynned

@mari84

@mema02

@missybear

@molij b2b

@taraga

@liathanail

@big_bill

@lilymartin

@westiewench

@redrockgirl302 b2b2b2b2b

@anna6 b2b2b

@coda

@msraven

@lynzm

@califdreamer
    @debster251

@johnnyr

@tenoro 2nd day of B2B

@at
    @awilson
    @maayyaa

day 18–ma, usa–fd
    day 17–nfd

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010 b2b

@keetseel

@losing_it

@louis05

@lynned

@mari84

@mema02

@missybear

@molij b2b

@taraga

@liathanail

@big_bill

@lilymartin

@westiewench

@anna6 b2b2b

@coda

@msraven

@lynzm

@califdreamer
    @debster251

@johnnyr

@tenoro 2nd day of B2B

@at
    @awilson
    @maayyaa
    @cleo120

Day 18 Lancaster, PA USA FD 1st of 3 days B2B2B

I’m joining the Pocket Fasters✨ Please add your name if your Fasting today

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010 b2b

@keetseel

@losing_it

@louis05

@lynned

@mari84

@mema02

@missybear

@molij b2b

@taraga

@liathanail

@big_bill

@lilymartin

@westiewench

@anna6 b2b2b

@coda

@msraven

@lynzm

@califdreamer
    @debster251

@johnnyr

@tenoro 2nd day of B2B

@at
    @awilson
    @maayyaa
    @cleo120
    @okeydokey

✨Good Luck ✨To All Fasters! ✨😊✨

Day 18, South Wales, FD, 2nd post

@pdoran23 – don’t give up on 5:2 yet! In my first few weeks on the diet I saw some wild swings on the scales, peaks and troughs, that I think were related to water weight dropping and then going back on again with ‘normal’ eating (and maybe my body adapting to a new regime). In my case, 5:2 has worked best when combined with carbohydrate reduction (I’ve reduced my carb intake to about 25% of before – replacing carbs with veg/salad/fat) and also restricted my eating window during the weekdays to 8h (e.g., 1st meal at 12pm, last at 7-8pm). With this regimen I’ve lost 24lbs since April, without increasing physical activity markedly. I’m aware that this multi-faceted approach isn’t very scientific – in theory it could be any one of these approached (5:2, low carb, 16:8) that’s really resulted in weight loss. What I do know is that checking in with this forum and adapting my diet based on info and posts here has helped me keep on track. Good luck, and hope you see some good news on the scales soon.

@bigviking – amazing result since March – congratulations!

@sirisan – such worrying times for you. Hoping your brother has good news about his prognosis soon.

Day 18, Gozo, Malta, fd

Sirisan I offered some prayers for your dear brother.
    One healthy high I hope your OH is better today.

Today I fasted on around 700 calories. This morning I my weight was one kilo more than yesterday even though I didn’t eat much in the evening. I’m taking advise from a lot of people from this forum and consider my weight only on Thursdays after my three fast days. I mustn’t weigh myself every day as it doesn’t get encouraging to see your weight going up.

I’ve made flapjacks this afternoon and though they smelled lovely I didn’t even have one bite of them.

Good night everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 18–ABQ, New Mexico–FD

Hate to say it but Friday’s make up FD became a NFD, so reset time! Today I will stick with it. No excuses. To quote @songbirdme: “oh well. That happened.”

@okeydokey—Hope your dad’s doing well. How was Trevor Noah? Was he adorable?

@bigviking—What did you decide to do with that birthday cake that jumped into your shopping cart?

@lorky35—I’ve been doing 800 calorie fasts (1 per week) and working toward a 16:8 habit on the other days, all of which seem to be working fine for maintenance. I think the ‘rule’ about the 800 days is that on the other days you follow a Mediterranean diet or something close. If you want to know what foods the Mediterranean diet entails you can go here:
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1200303#t=article
    and click on the link to Table 1 “Summary of Dietary Recommendations to Participants in the Mediterranean-Diet Groups and the Control-Diet Group.” It answered a lot of my questions.
    *And yes, it involves RED WINE.*

@coda—What do you think the time of adjustment is about? I’m having one too and I thought it might be the seasons changing…

@tenoro—That pizza sounds delicious and perfectly healthy!

@lynzm—You can do it!

@onahealthyhigh—Hope everything is okay with your DH.

@daffodil—You will get back. We’ve all been there!

@belfastsink—I get the Monday blues also and so I figure if I’m already suffering a bit, why not fast and get it all over with at once….

@sirisan—So sorry to hear the news about your brother. I hope he’s not in pain. What a stressful time for you.

@keetseel my wife and youngest son decided to start on the birthday cake yesterday, when I was on a FD. And now I’m away with work for 4 days, so by the time I get back I expect it will have gone. Phew! Lucky escape 👍 Wish I could say the same for the bread in the restaurant tonight. Luckily, no weigh-in until Friday 😀

Day 18 Lancaster, PA USA FD 1 of 3b2b2b’s

@steve-toon-taxi-driver ✨Congratulations for your 38th Wedding Anniversary. Your relationship since you were 15 together sounds ✨Lovely 🥂 👏✨
    @johnnyr ✨Fantastic✨🎉Congrats on purging 16kgs. 😊✨
    @snowflake56 It is difficult being 8.5 hours away and trying to know when we might need to get in the car and go the next time he needs us. I will meditate, pray and keep in touch with him, so we can be ready when he needs us.✨
    @keetseel Thank-you for wishing him well, my Dad is much better than he was. Still a month or more of recuperating as long as there are no other sudden issues that pop up!…… on the other 😊✨😂 topic, you are so right, adorable is definitely the word and soooo funny, I had a lot of full belly laughs.😂 He’s very funny!

Day 18 California USA FD

My NFD over the last 3 days were not very mindful and my weight is up a couple pounds because of it. Today is my usual Monday fast which will hopefully help get rid of some of that.

@sirisan – I’m sorry to hear about the cancer cells not being completely gone. Can they go after what’s left with chemo?

@onahealthyhigh – Hope your DH is doing better today.

@basyjames – You have good reason to brag about size 0! You’re a great inspiration to all of us.

I’m joining the Pocket Fasters✨ Please add your name if your Fasting today

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010 b2b

@keetseel

@losing_it

@louis05

@lynned

@mari84

@mema02

@missybear

@molij b2b

@taraga

@liathanail

@big_bill

@lilymartin

@westiewench

@anna6 b2b2b

@coda

@msraven

@lynzm

@califdreamer
    @debster251

@johnnyr

@tenoro 2nd day of B2B

@at
    @awilson
    @maayyaa
    @cleo120
    @okeydokey
    @califdreamer
    ✨Good Luck ✨To All Fasters! 💐

Day 18 – SW WA USA – FD

Sorry to hear of more tough news @Sirasan and a few others. (((Hugs))) and prayers!

I’m joining the Pocket Fasters✨ Please add your name if you’re Fasting today

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010 b2b

@keetseel

@losing_it

@louis05

@lynned

@mari84

@mema02

@missybear

@molij b2b

@taraga

@liathanail

@big_bill

@lilymartin

@westiewench

@anna6 b2b2b

@coda

@msraven

@lynzm

@califdreamer
    @debster251

@johnnyr

@tenoro 2nd day of B2B

@at
    @awilson
    @maayyaa
    @cleo120
    @okeydokey
    @annemarilyn

Day 19 NZ FD

I am trying two days in a row after my BIG weekend of non stop nibbling. I am discovering what foods actually make me bloat and feel YUCKY (can’t think of a better word)
    Thanks to everyone who is keeping it real and sharing their own ups and downs.

Day 17 Massachusetts USA NFD
    Day 18 Sicily NFD These 2 travel days each ended up around 800 calories. Hope I’m not kidding myself! Stay tuned for Mediterranean eating right on the Mediterranean. 🍇🍐🍊🍆🥖🍕🥗🍨🍷

Second post

@okeydokey I have a much clearer idea of your stresses and appreciation about your dad. His heart condition is clearly a longer term challenge than it first appeared and goes further than just recently so a difficult challenge. I have included you and dad in my votive meditation every morning and I am sending rainbow smiles for healing.

Hugs to aLL with rainbows.

Mari

Day 9 – NZ NFD

Yesterday was meant to be a FD but by 3pm I had a melt down – feeling sorry for myself and this crappy flu I went on a binge – arghhhh today is a new day and although I should fast today I just am struggling while I am not feeling 100% I have a weekend out of town for my sons nanas surprise 65th (am not with the dad we both remarried but still do all family things together hahaha strange?) so I know when hanging out with the sons aunties (and my son as he is 22) its always a night involving tequila and plenty of it (I feel the hangover already) so I will attempt to get 2 x FD in before I head away

Thanks @at – I took my measurements a few weeks ago I really should have a sneak peek and see how I’m going 🙂

Day 19 NFD
    Successful FD yesterday – clocked 504 calories. Would have been lower except I did have a very small piece of the sirloin I had cooked for my DH and it was delicious.
    Back to tracking every calorie. When I started this WOL in November 2016 I tracked my calories daily for a few months as I was SO woefully out of whack with portion sizes and calorie content ( have never been a calorie counter previously.)
    And those sneaky little calories turned up EVERYWHERE!!! Trying to keep to TDEE ( 1200 calories) was difficult but after a few weeks I managed to do it very well.
    Kept this up for some time. As soon as I stopped counting, up went the weight.
    Plateaued for about 3 months, got fed up, had the occasional hissy fit, whinged, sooked etc etc. vented on this thread.
    FINALLY decided to do the sensible thing – post daily, read others’ posts, track calories ( groan, but just for a while again) and think about everything I eat or am about to eat.
    Interesting how a good FD can reset the hunger dragon.
    Many thanks for the support of all you lovely people out there holding the hands of we who are not doing as well as we had hoped.
    Even when I wasn’t losing weight I did think about all the benefits of IF and am back with a vengeance.
    To all those coping with the vagaries of old age and how it is affecting our parents, my thoughts are with you.
    My mum hasn’t really recovered from a bad hip fracture in August and her quality of life is poor. Unfortunately her Aged Care facility leaves much to be desired and that makes it very difficult.
    BUT onwards and downwards.🙃

Day 19 – Tokyo, Japan – FD 82.2kg

I must have posted in the wrong thread. 🙁 Oh, well.

I’m out of sync with my fasting but trying to do a fast today, 16 hours in, 20 to go.

@pdoran – I’m a person that weighs myself multiple times a day. Weight can jump all over the place. I’ve even seen my weight go up sometimes while fasting. When you are fasting you tend to lose a lot of water weight which often comes back quickly. However we do also chip away at the massive fat reserves our bodies have. It takes multiple fasts, even many fasts to get the long term losses that anyone can see. I was in China last week and more than one of the Chinese we were working with commented that I was thin. I think they meant thin for an American, because I’m not really thin at 82kg! Even when I started fasting about 14 months ago I had a noticeable gut. The weight difference isn’t that much, ~4 to 5kg (10 pounds) but the body shape is vastly different. You just have to stay with it as this WOL (Way Of Life) really does work wonders. Anyway best of luck to you.

Day 19 – UAE – NFD
    A quick check-in..

Day 18 Vancouver Island
    NFD …hungry all day which seems to happen if I don’t get enough protein. Nothing seems to make me feel full! And when that happens I can be really crabby ! Tomorrow is a new day 🙂

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

@lilymartin well done! I’m so sorry to hear your mum’s health isn’t improving, there is a lot wrong with the health system in Germany but if you’re in the condition your mum is in, you’re getting everything you need.

@onahealthyhigh how is your husband doing?

@coda how are you, missed your post yesterday, hugs, hugs, hugs (can’t do emoji’s as I’m on Windows 8)

@mjmj I have the same thing with protein, I always make sure I have enough of it (well, what I think is enough, nothing scientific, not at all interested in that)

We’re heading to the Netherlands today to deliver the things I need to get a new passport (had new photographs taken, I never like pictures of me, I’m much better on film, there I like myself), after that we’re off to a bit of househunting when it’s not raining to much, after retirement we want to live in the Netherlands again. We don’t really know what kind of a house we want to live in, we only know it’s not going to be a new one.

Have a good day everyone!

Day 19, Norway NFD, but CD

I totally forgot to tell you about my shopping on saturday…for the first time in a long time it was fun to shop for clothes. I tried on a pair of pants without looking at the size… they felt “just about right” on the waist, but too baggy on the thighs…so i went out and asked the clerk for a smaller size…i couldnt find any similar pants…so i had picked up the only pair they had left…and it was a size 42!!…and it FIT… well, i didnt buy them because of the baggy leggs though, but i did like the feeling. So even though Im on a platau weight-wise, im getting slimmer…i guess…. had a FD yesterday, and had lost 400grams (ca 1 pound) this morning. Maybe im off the platau??? 🙂 Actually im happy as long as im not gaining. Dont want to the number 9 again…until it is 79 🙂 my september goal is seeing the number 85.

Day 19, FD

Day 19, India, Back2back FD

Day 19, CD, UK

I am quite excited about Wednesdays weigh in. Just looking to get into that next weight bracket of the “140’s”

I cannot recall when I last weighed this little (not quite little but you my drift?!) More importantly, I feel amazing.

This way of eating is one of the best things I have done for myself.

DAY 19 – UK – FD (B2B)

Day 19 UK 2nd of B2B

Well think I’m sitting on the plateau for the first time since I started back in March! The view is lovely but can’t wait to wave it goodbye! Trying to lose the 1.5 Kg I gained on holiday despite being very mindful and felt I hadn’t overeaten at all. Had done plenty of walking too.
    Feel very motivated, pressing the reset button, cracking on, and not lettting the gain define me!!
    Anyway fasted yesterday and will fast again today.. onwards and downwards!
    Good luck to everyone today.

Day 19 – Ireland – b2b FD

Good FD yesterday. Had a 24 hour fast, was thinking of liquid only, but then decided to have my homemade tomato soup with oat bran bread for dinner. I find it difficult to go completely liquid only when DH is there as we do like to have dinner together.

But he is back to work today and won’t be finished until 9pm so I will have a liquid only FD ☺️

Lost 1.5 pounds- teetering on hitting the 10 stone bracket (again) so let’s do this.
    @keetseel thanks for the shoutout. I am so glad I found this forum and WOE as I know I can do this with all of you 🤗

Day 19 | Sydney Australia | B2B FD

Yesterday was a good fasting day. I had soup for lunch, soup for dinner, and a couple of soft boiled eggs after that.

Today started out as more of the same. Pumpkin and lentil soup for lunch. Then I went shopping for ingredients for some Thai cooking I have planned and bought some sauerkraut and some red cabbage. I’m a sucker for a bargain and these were huge, 850 gram jars for $2.49.

I ended up eating the whole jar of red cabbage. The label says the jar contains 5 servings at 27 calories per serving, so I’m still on track with my fasting day.

A couple of boiled eggs and a tomato for my evening meal should use up the rest of my calorie allowance. Too easy.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.