September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

This topic contains 541 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 549 total)

• Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off for church in a moment. Quick check-in.

@i-hate-lettuce – your story of Mrs. IHL bringing you your rings warmed my heart so much. Yeah for a new connection.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Day 19 NFD……under TDEE

@stitchincarol Happy 24th birthday to your son, and have fun at the celebrations.

@songbirdme I’m also glad the Big 10 is back! I like to watch the games, but not quite as big a fan as you are. But it’s great to have a little normalcy in our lives again. I hope they all stay healthy. I’ll ask my son-in-law about the “spotted cow” brew…..he’s an expert at IPAs and local brews. He worked as a bartender throughout university, and is quite the connoisseur.

@i-hate-lettuce Lovely area you live in……no wonder you enjoy your walks. Thanks for sharing the video. Your rings fitting again has got to be a wonderful feeling! Look how far you’ve come! That’s a great way to measure your progress as well as reward it.

@flourbaby “No angst or stress” about this WOL sounds like the way it is meant to be. We all just get impatient, I think. I may *have to* forget my DTO goal today because DD is bringing a couple bottles of great wine for our “cook-out” (@northgeorgia) and I would feel terribly deprived if I didn’t partake. I hope you’ll give me a pass on that! Then DTO for me for the rest of the month. I have too much going on these next 10 days to be foggy in the mornings from not sleeping well, as wine will do to me. And I want to lose another 2 lbs, if possible.

@kazoo Glad you’re back with us. Enjoy your swim.

@snowflake56 What do you do for egg fasts? I think I could do that fairly easily for a couple days at least. I love eggs, and they are so satiating for me that I stop craving any carbs, even in the evenings…. And may I ask what are “bingo” wings?

@northgeorgia My biggest motivation this time is for my health and mobility. Starting in January I began having terrible knee and hip pain and not sure why, but could have been a disc problem from moving furniture after our major kitchen and main floor remodel. And not being very active for the 4 months prior to that, and gaining much weight throughout the process. Extra weight is so hard on our joints, I knew, but had not had such pain before. As long as I keep that in mind, how it was so difficult to even sleep, I will stay motivated to stay a healthy weight. Sooner or later, the extra weight takes its toll. I feel much better now with even just 12 pounds off from high mark. Another 12 and I will feel even better.

Have got to run…..I’ll try to finish reading and post again, later.

4th and final post for today

After a long walk (140 min.) I wasn’t really hungry so didn’t eat much and came in under 800 cals.

@missybear A warm welcome back, it’s good to come back when you’re struggling on your own and you see, you’re not the only one as @flourbaby and @emma-taylor report. Yes, join me on the egg fast, make sure to drink enough to prevent headaches, I also add enough salt to my eggs.

@northgeorgia You are doing much better than I do. I haven’t learned anything doing 5:2, if I buy ice cream or sweets, I still eat it all as fast as possible. When we have a party, I try to give all the leftovers away. We have a few friends who live on their own and they’re always happy if they don’t have to cook next day. Some of them don’t cook for themselves very often.

@northerndawn I have 4-6 eggs daily, mostly hard boiled with a bit of mayonnaise and a small piece of cheese or as an omelet baked in butter, topped with cheese. It’s very filling and for an egg-lover like me it’s perfect.
    Bingo wings: The hanging fat that swings from an obese womans upper arms when they are raised and shaken while shouting “Bingo!” during a tournament. I didn’t have them when I was overweight but I have them now. I don’t even know how they are called in Dutch or German.

Pocket list day 20
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56 FD800

ZBC Day 20
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30x 5 Day 20
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56

2nd post

@snowflake56 OMG, the visual you gave me of “bingo wings” made me laugh out loud. It’s so true and also quite sad. Why does that have to happen to older women? I had the thinnest of arms throughout my adult life. I never gained weight there, even if I did in other areas, and I would never have believed, when I was at 45, that I would get “bingo wings”. But, alas. I have. 😢.. I will do the egg diet with you….It sounds great, actually. And I can even have some cheese, it sounds like. My kind of fast.

Day 20 U.K. NFD

Oh ladies @snowflake56 & @northerndawn Bingowings are what’s being inspiring me – 6 months of 10 minutes arm Pilates a day I can say there is a difference but oh it’s tough 💪 hang on on there

Day 21, FD, Aus

Fast Day!!!! Mojo, c’mon down!!

Day 21 FD pocket list
    @penz

Day 21, Emden Germany, 1st 🥚FD

@brightonbelle haha, hang on on there! At least you’re doing something against it. I’ll have a look on youtube for exercises, should have done that before summer and sleeveless dresses.

@northerndawn Oh yes, please join me on the 🥚FD, @missybear wants to give it a try too. Let’s see, how it goes. Yes, bingo wings don’t look nice but almost every woman seems to get them at a certain age. Do you do anything against the bingo wings?

@kazoo You had a good start yesterday, only 614 cals.

@at Hi! On the spreadsheet I saw you’re planning to do multiple FD800’s so I hope you don’t mind I put you on today’s pocket list.

I put everyone I could find with fasting intentions on the spreadsheet on the pocket list, I hope you don’t mind.

Day 21 FD pocket list, only 10 days to go!
    @penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – Lake District UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Managed to do not a lot yesterday which was the plan! Got quite a few things to do over the next couple of days to make up for it though!

First and foremost, check through my brew book and plans. Then order malted barley (around 20 kilos) hops and yeast! Getting a brew ready for Christmas as well as brew cupboard ‘stock’.

Take care all

Day 21, London, UK, NFD

A quick check-in from me today as I’ve been catching up on posts and now I’m pushed for time before 10am yoga!!

I’m having another NFD today, gently easing myself back from the edge!! At least I didn’t jump!! You know that feeling when you just want to give up, crack open a bottle, dive into that family sized bag of crisps and generally give dieting, fat thighs, skinny friends and judgemental idiots the finger???? …………………….. Well it was close, but the fingernail I’m hanging on with is a super strong one, I’ve clawed my way back and laughing at myself for even contemplating ditching this challenge, can you imagine the outcome after the remaining 10 days?? I shudder at the thought, if I threw caution to the wind & indulged my own inner carb dragon, who has developed some inner warthog tendencies; where would the madness end😱????? Feeling a bit more in control now I’ve (hopefully) navigated that particular bump in the road!! 🙏

@northerndawn, unfortunately I’ve been more DTF than DTO recently!! Oops!! I’m determined to end the month completely dry though, so it’s been a part-time membership😜!!!

There are a few of us struggling at the moment, but I sense a boost in determination. We’re able to see this for what it is, a minor detour off of the path, taking in the view, now ………………………. Back to it to end the month on a roll!!!!! 🙏

Onward & downwards folks, 10 days of mindful, determined 5:2-ing can make ALL the difference!!! 💪

D21 FD Lake district

Well I managed do a fast day yesterday coming in at 614 calories. I didn’t start out to do this but as the day went on it just happened. It was the first food controlled day since September 8th. I am not going to put pressure on myself to complete the challenges I set myself at the start of September (other than to keep posting) but just aim to get some self control each day till I get my mojo back. Does anyone have some bottled and prepared to sell me some? (If it was only that easy).

@snowflake56 thanks for your support. I don’t want to put the weight back on either and know I can’t do this on my own. What I do find hard though is when I started this WOL my OH did it with me. Now when he has had his chemo he loses weight and needs to eat more to compensate for this.

The egg fast looks interesting and something I might try but I am not ready for that just yet but may join you at a later date.

@northgeorgia It’s true when you get the EE critter there is no stopping you and anything and everything goes.

@missybear Hope the egg fast goes well.

Perhaps we should have a pocket list for those who are struggling @missybear @emma Taylor (Babaganoush love that) @flourbaby

@i hate lettuce. We do live in a wonderful part of the country.

@northerndawn Swim was lovely. Always exhilarating.

@penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Have a good day everyone.

Day 21 – UK – FD800

A big hello to all and apologies for my long absence……………..

I’m not sure what happened to me since I last posted on Day 2………..totally lost my mojo for the first time since starting this WOL 😱 I did manage the odd FD but my NFDs were certainly not controlled……..Have not weighed myself since the start of the challenge and will wait until the end of the challenge now!!!

My only consolation is that I did keep up with all my regular exercise classes via zoom and have done 6 long walks/hikes so far this month and the Activity App on my phone shows an average of 7000 steps per day so far this month – (this does not count my exercise classes!!)

Had a friend visiting from Glasgow last week, she was staying in a holiday let not far from our house and it was great to catch up – OH did a walk with her on Tuesday (I had planned to meet with DD for a walk and afternoon tea at The Gaddum @kazoo and @i-hate-lettuce probably know of it? was fabulous 😋!) I walked on Wednesday and Thursday with my friend – unfortunately she is not as fit as she used to be so walks were all fairly low level and slower than my usual pace but great fun!

Yesterday whist doing a long solo walk and taking time to think at an isolated top whilst taking in the views and feeling grateful for my life, I decided it was time to pull myself together before Salubrious September takes me where I certainly don’t want to end up at……….so going for
    *dry till the end of September
    *daily FD800 for the rest of this month
    *getting those mojo muscles active once more!!!

Reading some of the posts it does sound like I was not alone in finding Salubrious September a bit of a struggle so like @flourbaby said “I’m giving that reset button a good hard whack now😏!!!!”

@i-hate-lettuce – great to hear of your positive outlook and despite the setback of further surgery it sounds like you are in a good place – Glad to hear that you have been able to enjoy the wonderful weather we have been experiencing and I’m with you on the Bimbling – I discovered it on my retirement!!!
    so I’m joining you on your NAB movement. Thank you for sharing the link of your village on Day 19 – it was great to discover an area I’m not too familiar with. Your walk on Day 19 yielded superb views by the sounds of it – I have been for a wander to Helsington Barrows and Scout Scar previously with my walking group and your story of Mrs. IHL bringing you your rings and being to wear them again ❤️
    @northgeorgia – thank you for the motivating posts and 👍 on the downward trend and hitting those targets on the way
    @snowflake56 – Thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet for today 🤗

@penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

OH and I have booked another delivery from L’Enclume for 2nd October so must stay motivated and engaged until the end of this month – therefore I am reminding myself that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 21 – Japan – WFD #75

The fast day is over 1/2 done. It has been going easy.

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

My body is funny in that it loves to put on an extra pound the morning of the first FD of the week. Weigh-in today was 245.

I hit 245 on August 28, and it can be discouraging to still see it nearly a month later. However, once again, the data can help me realize that on Aug. 28 it was an anomaly, an out of range low point in my slower trend downward. From Sept. 9 – 15, it represented the middle range, and for the past week, it is the maximum point in the range. This should mean that by the end of the month and beginning of October, I will be hovering in the lower range of the 240s, hopefully hitting the 242 goal this week or next week!

There is great chatter in the 240s Club about some of us going on an adventure. A slick color brochure of the 230s Overlook showing beautiful hiking trails and stunning panoramas has been casually strewn on one of the tables. It looks interesting…

Some nicer weather has temporarily moved in, so there could be the possibility of an evening walk through Wednesday. I do believe that my reduced exercise, though it didn’t seem to be a lot, helped contribute to the plateaus in August and September. I did some very needed gardening yesterday, though, and there is more to be done yet, so if daylight and weather gets iffy, I can get some backup plans going.

Question of the day: how is your supplementary exercise for the month going?

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Day 21 FD pocket list
    @penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

USA. Day 21. FD

Just popping in to add myself to some pocket list! Been so busy babysitting my grandson, so my daughter and SIL can work.

Day 21 FD pocket list
    @penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

DTF
    @ccco

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Day 21 Wales FD 🥚

@snowflake56 thank you for putting me on today’s list and for inspiring me to try an egg fast. Just finished my brunch of boiled eggs and I will have an omelette with a little cheese for dinner. I am taking care to drink plenty of water and a sprinkle of salt.

I have been reluctant to say how much I have been struggling to maintain my goal weight lately as I haven’t wanted to demotivate anyone…… but I can absolutely relate to @flourbaby ‘s description of “ that feeling when you just want to give up, crack open a bottle, dive into that family sized bag of crisps and generally give dieting, fat thighs, skinny friends and judgemental idiots the finger???” That pretty much sums up my behaviour this month! A moment of sanity made me log on here yesterday and I was surprised to see quite a few regular posters also struggling. I may not end September at goal but I feel that I have already made the month a success just by not giving up.

My head isn’t in a place to commit to goals like DTF even though I really need to cut down the booze but I will just take it one day at a time. So my goal for today is to have a successful egg FD. Hanging on by my strained fingernails.

Day 21 Melb Aust TDEE

Meant to be a FD, but like @flourbaby and @at, have been hanging on by the fingernails this month. Not sure why, but maybe because I am so very tired of our extreme lockdown here in Melbourne. Can’t travel more than 5 kms from home without a valid reason and permit, and evening/ night curfew, plus most shops shut except via click and collect. At least the numbers of virus cases has been declining, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Expecting October to be a better month.
    Oh, and just re-read @missybear‘s post – another struggling.

Let’s all pull each other up. We can do this, and end the month at least no worse off than when we started it. Is that a plan? 🙂

Day 21 UK NFD

First Monday in ages I’m not fasting – have dear friends visiting the area so out tonight and it’s eldest sons birthday tomorrow so another celebration planned Just hope to get a few “good “ days in before the weekend rolls round again !

Feel for everyone struggling- Hang on in – it will pass 💪we’ve all been there ❤️

Day 21 MN, USA FD

@snowflake56 Thanks for putting me on the FD list. I will do the same tomorrow, and maybe Wednesday as well. Also ZBC, always, and DTO for the rest of the month… For my bingo wings I do pushups, backwards on stairs behind me, to work my triceps, and also do “kick-backs” with weights while leaning forward. There are a couple more I also do. It’s good but doesn’t really show results if I’m overweight. I need to get to about a 23.5 BMI for that arm fat not to be flapping in the breeze.

@ccco I remember a couple years ago when you first announced you were going to be a grandmother…..you were so excited! It really is the best thing ever, isn’t it?

@at It’s always good to have you posting with your insights.

@flourbaby Whatever works to get you over the obstacles to this WOL, is what you must do. Go gently sometimes, and sometimes full steam ahead, but just keep riding out the bumps until the road smooths.

@missybear Maintenance is tough…..believe me, I know. I have learned I absolutely can’t stop fasting at least 2xs a week, or it all goes out the window…..for me, anyway. And I am too easily distracted by “normal” life to continue fasting unless it I make it an absolute focus. The best way to do that is to stay on this forum.

@northgeorgia Next month the 230’s for sure!! Slow and steady means real losses.

2nd post:

@penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn

3rd post

Sorry @ccco, I missed you on the lists:

@penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

DTF
    @ccco
    @northerndawn (DTO)

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

After 6 days of 150 plus a few ounces, this morning I was 151.2. Given the feast we had for DS’s birthday dinner last night, however, that’s a tiny price to pay, and I’m sure I’ll drop right back down after today’s FD. I’m sure it helped that I skipped brunch yesterday–GASP!!–and stuck to my Fast5 by not eating until four o’clock. Since brunch was simply avocado toast with a poached egg on top, each person eating solo once their egg was cooked, I wasn’t missing out on any real family time/experience. I think that if I’d had my own serving, between it and how much more I’d have eaten and drunk all day, I saved at least 800 calories, perhaps considerably more–you know how, once you start eating/drinking, you never stop? So there’s a bit of self-control I don’t think I could have exhibited a month or two ago. The big sorrow of the glorious meal was that eldest DS brought along a very expensive bottle of Pinot (which he was given at work), and I simply couldn’t drink more than a very small glass of it: too much food, too much wine, too much everything. It was meant to be such a treat for DH and me, and I was sad not to do my part.

@songbirdme, I made and canned some pineapple/mango/tomato salsa on Saturday, and I promised the boys I’d bring out a jar of it on October 24, our first college football game. WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP!!!! And we’ll be playing YOU on 11/21! 🙂
    @flourbaby, what I’ve learned, way up here in the north of the country, LOL, is that if there’s no smoke and no long cooking involved, it’s not barbecue. So, one does not barbecue hotdogs, hamburgers, and steaks, one GRILLS them. One does, however, barbecue ribs or briskets or even chicken, when there is smoke from wood chips or chunks, and large amounts of time on indirect heat. I cannot claim to be an amazing barbecuer, but I’ve a few recipes that give pretty amazing results. But when you’re in the south, and eating the real deal? It’s drool-worthy amazing food!! So: a barbecue includes smoke and a cooking time that begins long before any guests arrive; a cookout involves a grill and food cooked while people wait. Whatcha think, @northgeorgia, a decent explanation??? (You are, after all, far more of an expert than I am. 🙂 )
    @i-hate-lettuce, what a lovely accomplishment to be able to wear your wedding ring again!
    @snowflake56, I’m so delighted that you’ll dance vicariously for me at some point!

@northgeorgia, your question on how we handle feast days is very timely after yesterday’s birthday dinner! One thing I’ve begun improving on is that I cook with the goal of no leftovers–not something I did when the kids were little and at home. Also, as you mentioned and as I managed yesterday, I cut back on calories the rest of the day (or, none in my case, now that I’ve fully committed to Fast5). I send food home with people (the pesto appetizer is gone, and the amazing cake I ordered went home divided between the eldest son, a great-nephew who is able to join us for such meals, and the birthday boy himself). The beef short ribs and potato/carrot mash can all go in the freezer until the boys are here again, or eaten in moderation by DH and myself. The biggest trick, however, is to eat way less on several days before the meal. By doing that, you’re so miserable by the time you’ve eaten the meal that food holds no appeal the next day, LOL! If you wait to eat way less AFTER the meal, you don’t feel as miserable, and it takes more self-control. As I read that, it sounds so masochistic…but it’s true! 🙂

@penz
    @kazoo FD800
    @missybear 🥚FD
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @at FD800
    @betsylee
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 21
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5 day 21
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol

Question on the egg fast: if you’re supposed to eat eggs throughout the day, it doesn’t sound as if it can be coupled with Fast5, right? Anyone have experience with that?

Since I’ve so often struggled to find motivation, my heart is holding tight all you who are struggling; you’ll find that mojo again, and I’m so glad you’re posting with us again!

USA. Day 21. FD

Yes, NorthernDawn! Being a grandmother is the best thing ever! He is so cute toddling around and I love having him. I also love being able to help my daughter and SIL work from home uninterrupted. I am glad I can still make contributions to my family! 🙂

For all those struggling with motivation, I understand. I get diet fatigue from time to time or just plain bored with so few things that I can do durng this Pandemic. I know eating is not the answer and neither is having a drink of wine every evening. It’s great for stress relief but I never properly lose weight when I drink!

It’s a beautiful day here today but we seem to be heading toward colder weather very quickly. I am truly a Summer person! 🙂

D21 FD800 UKLake District

2nd post

Kitchen closed at 6pm. a total of 798 calories consumed.

@at Glad you are back have really missed your posts. I don’t know the Gaddum. Where is it?

@missybear I feel in a similar place to you and am just taking one day at a time. We can do this.

@snowflake56 How’s the egg diet going?

Day 21 USA (Illinois) CD

Just one meal today coming up shortly. I did have an energy bar for lunch after Silver Sneakers this morning, though, so calling it a CD.

@at -great to see you back with us! You know you’re in the right place. I looked up “L’Enclume” and it looks like a beautiful French restaurant. Fun to even be able to see the menu across the pond.

@northerndawn – yes, maintenance sure is tough. We know. Had to laugh at “bingo wings” too – feel like I have usually called them “bat wings” but I like “bingo” better. Even the most buff women in my Silver Sneakers still have some extra skin there. I do think they are impossible to remove completely, short of surgery. We also do the triceps work to at least help.

@stitchincarol – loved your explanation of “grilling” vs. “smoking” food. That salsa sounds delish, especially for a football celebration.

BIG TEN football! Yeah! It’s going to be @northerndawn vs. @songbirdme on November 7 at Champaign/Urbana, IL — then November 21 me vs. @stitchincarol at Lincoln, Nebraska. Wish we could make a bet of a bottle of wine? How about it?! We have a nice vineyard nearby I am happy to lose and send a bottle. I expect my ILLINI will lose both games.

Onward and downward.

Day 22, NFD, Aus

PFDS!!! Halo polished. Excellent night’s sleep under my belt and a 6am walk with the manic puppy (who couldn’t believe his luck). What a great start to the week!

Sorry all – I don’t have enough mojo to share, let alone to bottle, but the little skerrick under my fingernail is sustaining me. Dig deep, friends, you all have it in you. Somewhere!!

Day 22 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well. Now if I can just avoid over stuffing myself.

Day 22, Emden Germany, 2nd 🥚FD

just a quick post now, I will be back later. Dance class at 8.00 am this morning, I’ll be thinking of you @stitchincarol!

Egg fast went well yesterday so I’m going for another one.

Pocket list day 22 only 9 days to go!
    @kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @missybeat 🥚FD?
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)

See you later!

Day 22 – Lakes UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

I’m still off the FD lists for the moment, hope to be able to get back soon-ish!

@stitchincarol – Funny how you don’t realise, bit of an eye opener when you’ve lost weight from your hands! A mate of mine commented on my ‘gorilla mitts’ due to me having very strong (and large) hands. Was a real surprise the rings fitting, very pleased.

@kazoo – Gaddum is down at Brockhole if I remember? Another on the to do list!

Take care all

D22 FD800 UK Lake District

Planning on a FD today will be third in a row and then tomorrow I will go for a CD 1200.

Weather not so good here yet so I plan on ‘doing a Leslie’ whilst my OH is on a conference call.

@penz great you have mojo and a halo. Keep it well polished you should be proud. What sort of puppy do you have? I’d love one but it is not the right time for us as normally(before lockdown) we spend quite a bit of time in London and cannot have a pet in our flat there. I feel that when we have a dog I don’t want to keep putting it in kennels as it is not fair. We do spend a lot of time with our neighbours dogs so really have the best of both worlds.

@snowflake56 Thanks for adding me to the pocket lists.

@i hate lettuce Brockhole is just down the road from me so we will have to check it out. Since lockdown we have not been eating out at all as we don’t feel totally safe due to OH health. We did venture out on Saturday to Silloth on the Solway Firth. We had never been before. It was a lovely little place and everyone there was socially distancing. We bought a sandwich from the co op and sat on the park to eat it. I had forgotten how nice a ploughman’s sandwich was (wasn’t counting the calories).

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @missybeat 🥚FD?
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)

Have a nice day everyone

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 CD

Enjoyed my eggs yesterday and it was good not to have to think too much about what I was going to eat. Also good that I wasn’t hungry for under 800 calories. I didn’t follow the egg fast rules of eating butter or cheese with each egg as I was only doing it for one day and I wanted to keep calories under 800 rather than aiming for ketosis. Mission accomplished, a successful FD. I had almost forgotten how good it feels the morning after a successful FD 🙂. I still feel like my mojo has gone away on holiday leaving me alone to resist all the ‘bad’ things I want to eat and drink….but I did a FD yesterday and I will now have a couple of CDs followed by a FD Thursday. My aim for the remaining days of September is simply to regain control over my urge to binge.

Have a good day everyone.

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @missybear

2nd post

We just came back from shopping after having a really good dance class, no stepping on toes today.

Why is it, that we stop posting when we’re struggling? Wasn’t this site created by @coda to support each other when we are struggling? So why don’t we ask for help but stop posting?

How are my fellow egg-fasters, @northerndawn and @missybear doing? Did it go well yesterday?

@at It worked, how lovely to have you back with us again! You didn’t do too bad, you kept exercising. Having another delicious dinner in sight isn’t bad, that’s something to look forward to.

@kazoo You’re welcome! I know I can’t stay on track on my own either, I tried it a few times but I can’t do it on my own. My DH is very supportive, that makes it easier for me. I’m the one who sometimes wants to eat everything that comes my way, he never does that.

@northerndawn thanks for the workout tips, I did the kickback with weights yesterday but didn’t lean forward. I’ll try the stair backwards push-ups later.

@songbirdme My bingo wings don’t seem to have any muscle, it’s just fat and skin. Well, there are worse things we can have.

@stitchincarol Yesterday I had my first boiled eggs at noon and made my omelet at 5.30 pm so you could get it in your Fast5 if you eatyour last meal a bit earlier.

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo 🤸‍♂

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)

D22 FD UK Lake District

2nd post

@missybear I totally agree with you how good it feels when you have successfully completed a fast day. I feel exactly the same as you my mojo has just gone on holiday (good way to describe it) hope it is only a weekend away and not two weeks. Today is my third fast day in a row (thanks to the help of @snowflake56) and I am having to force myself to do it, although it is getting better. I got added to the ZBC today and was’t going to do it today but it is now 11.20 am and I still haven’t broke my fast.

I was talking to my son yesterday and he said Mum you had a 10 day blip so what .What’s that in the scale of things, just get back on it.

Just done a 5km walk with a difference with Leslie. It was quite high impact. so off to get a shower and then lunch.

3rd post

@missybear You posted while I was writing my post. You did well on your first egg fast. I’m not interested in ketosis and eat less butter and cheese as recommended. I see it more as a FD where I can eat more eggs as usual and it’s so easy to do.

@kazoo You were the one that did it, not me!

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo 🤸‍♂

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @missybear

Day 22 – UK – FD800

A good press of that RESET button yesterday – starting with a 7am Broga Class and a brisk 9km afternoon hike with OH and came in under 800cal.

Hope all of us who had been hanging on by our fingernails can find our MOJOs and finish this SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER Challenge on a positive note – Holding on tight to @flourbaby @missybear @betsylee @kazoo @snowflake56 and anyone else who has been struggling 🤗

A great night’s sleep and a lazy start to today – such a change in the weather from yesterday, grey, overcast and much cooler and waiting for the predicted rain………

@kazoo – it’s at Brockhole on Windermere – The Gaddum Restaurant is in the beautiful 19th century Brockhole House which opened its doors last spring. Very spacious and tables numbers have been reduced – you need to book! Here’s a link
    http://www.brockhole.co.uk
    @songbirdme – We tried their three-course Dine At Home Menu with wine pairing at the end of August after @i-hate-lettuce told us about his experience with them – was well worth it 😋 so OH and I have decided to treat ourselves for what may be their last one……fingers crossed they may extend the service

I so agree with @snowflake56 comments – Why is it, that we stop posting when we’re struggling? Wasn’t this site created by @coda to support each other when we are struggling? So why don’t we ask for help but stop posting??
    It made me look back at my old posts and it seems that September last year was a bit of a struggle for me too and I posted this at one stage “I so agree that we need each other on this journey and the support is much appreciated whether we are losing, on a plateau, gaining a bit or trying to stay in maintenance……”

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @missybear

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD

The scales couldn’t decide between 244 and 243 lbs, but I hear a little water swishing around a bit, so definitely a 243 morning LOL. OK, 242, I know you’re in there somewhere!

With just a little more than a week left, today’s question is: What things do you do to give yourself a little push towards that extra little weight loss?

Good luck to our pocket-listed folks today!

Day 22, London, UK, LFD

It WILL be a LFD today, I’ve had a coffee, a killer Pilates class and I’ve just got to my mum’s to keep her company this afternoon in the garden with lots of water & a pepsi max as my lunch!!!😜😂😝It’s the last day of summer today, so I’ll try to curb those Autumnal cravings for ‘stodge’!!

Lots of September struggling here at the moment, I think it’s a vicious cycle ………… not posting leads to struggling, struggling means you don’t feel like posting, …….. not posting leads to struggling ………etc, etc, etc 😟😢. I’ll just do what I have to do and keep on keeping on until that bloomin’ mojo finds his way home where he belongs!! The dirty stop-out😏😲😂!!!

I’ve upped my protein this week for satiety’s sake and the scales have stayed relatively stable despite there being ZERO FDs!!! Now if I can throw a couple of FDs in we should be grand🙏!!! Pretty much bog standard 5:2 with a Mediterranean twist to NFDS……………….. as Dr. M suggests😳!!

Stay strong everyone, keep the faith!!! Life is NOT a bed of roses, these tests are sent to us in every aspect of life, not just IF, take a deep breath and keep going!!

I’m struggling as well. Don’t forget about me….!!!

Day 22 Melb Aust NFD

And on we go, another NFD. I’m currently trying to finish eating a few things ( i.e., small ice-cream tubs) which I allowed to creep into the house – and when they’re gone, they’re gone. Of course, they could have been binned, but…. my choice to eat them, and my choice to buy them in the first place. Oh well.
    Anyway – Mojo coming up for the rest of September, with the goal of being back where I started at the beginning of the month. Keeping up with the exercise and walking, so that’s a plus.

@EmmaTaylor, we can do this!

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 22 North Canton WFD

We all struggle and there is no shame in it, but what (IMHO) is truly inspiring is that we keep showing up. That is why we have not completely lost the plot. So struggle or not we are still fighting the good fight and trying to stay in it.

Yesterday was supposed to by a WFD for me but since I was working from home, I decided to stop fighting my instincts and change to OMAD; I broke my fast at the 22 hour meal with a low carb high protein meal and it was just what I needed. I also went for my first walk of the day.

I have been sleeping really well with my earthing sheet that I got from Amazon, then I decided to wash it this weekend and dry it in the dryer on the regular cycle. well apparently (like Macbeth) I murdered sleep because its been horrible since; night sweats, disrupted sleep, thrashing around, and last night I even woke up at 2am. First thing this morning, I ordered some earthing pillowcases from Groundology; I want my sound sleep back.

Off to slay the dragons and show awesome how it’s done!

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @basyjames WFD

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo
    @basyjames

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @missybear
    @basyjames

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

It’s so ironic that I closed yesterday’s post with encouragement from the POV of someone whose mojo was solidly in place…and then slipped up not once, but multiple times that evening! Oh well, it’s life, it wasn’t hideous, and today can be my FD instead…I’m still thinking of that dress I’m wearing for the memorial service this Friday, you know. So today is a packing day, a recipe-gathering day, a seasoning-mixing day (I’m always the appointed cook when the family gathers, so I’ll be cooking for 19 this time, and I have more spices and herbs than my sister, and it’s easier to mix them up here than to find them in her cupboard, and substitute when she doesn’t have stuff) and an organ-music-gathering day, because tomorrow DH, eldest DS and I fly to California. Right now I have the first of two loads going, so I’m going to walk with Leslie while I get both loads done.

@songbirdme, you are too fun! Absolutely I’ll wager a bottle of wine! But since we only barely won against you last year, it’s certainly not a given we’ll win this year! @northerndawn, I’m betting Minnesota will beat us both; suppose?

@penz, so glad you had enough mojo for a PFDS!

@dykask, ain’t that the truth, that a NFD is always, continually, and un-endingly a challenge!

@missybear, well done yesterday, and you’ve got this for the rest of the month!

@kazoo, such a wise and supportive son you have. 🙂

@EmmaTaylor, no way we can forget about you! Holding you tight to the wagon…

Hey, @basyjames, serious bummer on the change in sleep patterns! I’ve discovered that my grounding sheet is indeed helping me: I have a tiny spot of arthritis in my knee that I only ever notice when I turn over in bed, and it’s gone as long as I’m using the grounding sheet. So which one did you order from Amazon; will you share the link?

Thanks, friends, for being friends.

Okay, off to walk with Leslie, check that off my long to-do list, and then continue tackling that list!

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @basyjames WFD
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @missybear
    @basyjames

Thanks thanks thanks. I’m really struggling. 😢😢😢😢😢 Where the ******** have all the mojos gone?
    ( that’s not a real swear word…).
    Re washing earthing or grounding sheets it’s probably worth checking on t’internet how to wash and dry them, and what detergent to use. I hand wash mine but they will go in the machine. ‘Low’ dry if you use a dryer apparently.
    Hoping to go to Greece on Friday for 3 weeks. I know. But the UK seems such a mess I’m quite keen to go.

Day 22 Canada FD

Been MIA, had a chance to get away with a couple of friends and jumped on it. Work life has been too intense lately and I realized I very much needed the break. Lots of food and wine though, I tried to balance things out as much as I could by skipping breakfast and cutting portions and the damage isn’t too bad at all. Time to whack that reset button though.

It is really interesting to watch the highs and lows of struggles and successes here. I feel I am also on the edge of giving in and going back to my old ways. Glad everyone is here though and know that we will get back on track together!!!

@kazoo FD800
    @at FD800
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD
    @basyjames WFD
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast

ZBC day 22
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast

Exercise 30×5 day 22
    @snowflake56 💃
    @kazoo
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF day 22
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @at (DTO)
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

Day 22 UK

Having a tough time at the moment. Don’t know why. I was doing ok and suddenly can’t stop eating, each day I think ok this day I will achieve something but although start well finish very badly.

@snowflake and @flourbaby. How I resonate with you. I stopped posting because I was getting nowhere and didn’t want to whinge but then got into the vicious circle you describe so well. Having read your and other posts I realise how wrong I was. I was on the point of throwing in the towel but you have helped me to try to get back on the wagon.
    I fear September is not going to be Salubrious but live in hopes that Optimistic October will lift me up by my boot straps and get me back on the path.
    In the meantime trying to catch up with the wagon.

TTFN

Day 22 Minnesota, USA FD (Eggs)

@snowflake56 Thank you for adding me to the lists!. Yesterday’s egg FD went very well. It seems to suit me. Stayed around 550 calories. Planning another for tomorrow. Thursday I’ll be stuck in the house with roofers pounding away and a dumpster blocking my egress, so I will allow a NFD for self comfort, and try to keep to a reasonable intake.

@songbirdme Well, I will bet a virtual bottle of wine…..I really don’t need any real bottles around just now! lol I feel like I’m at a bit of an advantage over you and @stitchincarol, because we cheer for the Hawkeyes as equally (or maybe even a tad more) as we do for our adopted Gophers, and probably that doubles my odds of a win somewhere, sometime! 😉

@stitchincarol You have an amazing amount of energy….I wish you could bottle that and send it to me! You must be an amazing cook…..I would be as big as a house if I lived with you, I’m sure. How can your husband still be slender? I hope the flights and the service go nicely for you, and you feel wonderful in your dress.

@emma-taylor Hang in there….It must be so difficult to fast while traveling so much, and to places with such delicious food; but you continue to try, and that is quite an achievement in itself. The days will come when you will be settled in at home and it will be easier. Until then, just staying more controlled than tossing it all to the wind is probably enough to be proud of.

@at It is interesting when looking back at posts, and the couple years experiences of 5:2, how certain months seem to be harder than others, consistently. I seem to sabotage my progress in late October. In the past I have blamed it on excess Halloween candy in the house, and then in my mouth……and that sugar high always cascaded into weeks of overindulgence and guilty-conscience-comfort eating. No Halloween trick or treaters this year, so no candy in the house… But I will remain vigilant in case it has more to do with shorter days, lack of sun, lack of exercise (that could also be it), etc.

@betsylee It says a lot that you’ve kept up your walking and exercise. That will help you get back to fasting, I’m sure. Discipline is a muscle we exercise, and doing it in one way helps in all ways.

@basyjames I agree that to not give up, to keep trying, is the real achievement.

I won’t copy and post the long list since I’m on it in most places I need to be. Also heading out for a 45 minute walk and then moving things around perimeter of the house and pruning some bushes to make clean up for the roofers easier (and hopefully, more efficient).

Have a good day, everyone!

Day 22 2nd post

@annabelle48 it seems like there are more of us chasing after the wagon than sitting comfortably aboard 😂. Lets just keep trying to stay on track. I like your proposed name for next month ‘Optimistic October’. I could certainly do with viewing the glass as half full.

The depressing news, Covid and looming Brexit are really getting to me. That and DH’s heart condition meaning we have to basically continue to isolate indefinitely ☹️. I do remind myself how lucky I am not to be working or have to worry about money issues as I realise so many people will have those practical concerns currently…… but to be honest even though I really appreciate how fortunate I am it isn’t preventing me feeling low…….and reaching for the comfort of food and wine which temporarily cheers me until the next morning when I awake feeling rubbish.

I am making a determined effort to improve my state of mind and will use the rest of this month to get a firm grip of my mojo……if I can just find out where it’s hiding.

@emma-taylor sorry you’re another September struggler. Hope you manage to organise a trip to Greece. Maybe DH and I should start planning post Covid travel adventures to look forward to.

Hanging on 🙃

D22 MFD UK Lake District

3rd post

Closed my kitchen early today at 5.50pm having spent 746 calories today.

Planning on a CD tomorrow (1200 cals), joining the ZBC and the Exercise list.

@flourbaby with your help.

@at I can see you like nice food. We have been to L’Enclume twice it was really nice. Have you tried Forest Side at Grassmere?

@emma Taylor not forgot you and when I have some spare mojo I’ll put you some in the post. Enjoy your travelling.

@betsylee I’ve eaten up now so only got veggies left to use before my next online shop. I’d join you with the ice cream, that is my go to so I try not to keep it in. There is a little cafe a few minutes walk from where I live so if I want ice cream I go there. They sell English Lakes Ice cream, it is the best, Thunder and Lightening and Blackcurrant ripple in a waffle cone. I have been known to go several days on the trot.

@basyjames Good idea about the pillowcases, I would be keen to know how you get on with them.

@stitchincarol Yes he is supportive. I felt quite sorry for him really he only rang me to say that he had to cancel his holiday due to the virus restrictions. This is the second time he has cancelled. He also said exactly what @flourbaby posted earlier that when we need support we should not stop posting but ask for it. That is the purpose of joining the group.

@annabelle You will catch up. Baby steps. You are still here and posting.

@missybear Know how you feel about the covid restrictions. We are in the same boat OH having chemo so we don’t really go out and do online Sainsbury’s shop.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Day 22 – second post

Do we have a planned host yet for October?

Day 23, NFD, Aus

A work colleague, whom I’m not seen in months, commented that I’d lost weight. So even if the scales aren’t showing a drop, something’s working. A nice little lift for my mojo.

Hi @kazoo. I have two blue Cattle Dogs (also known colloquially as blue heelers). My old girl is almost 13 and has really started to deteriorate the last few weeks. It’s heartbreaking to watch. My young boy is 15 months old and a bundle of energy. It is hard juggling dogs and travel but on balance I wouldn’t live without them!

@missybear – bask in that PFDS! (Post FD smugness.) It IS such a good feeling, isn’t it!

Second post

@kazoo I’ll definitely let you know how the pillowcases work. I should have then by the end of the week.

@stitchincarol here’s the link to the ones I got on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6M64Y2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Day 23, Emden Germany, 🥚FD?

Yesterday’s egg-fast went well but Ihave the feeling I’m running out of energy. I’ll try to do another egg-fast today but if my enery level doesn’t go up before dancing I’ll eat a bit of chicken with broccoli.

I’m doing well this month, I’m not struggling but just had 3 days of eating unhealthy food last weekend.

@northgeorgia I try to stay focussed for the rest of the month.

@emma-taylor Do you have a plan on how to tackle the delicious food and wine (don’t know anything about Greek wine)?

@annabelle48 Try to keep in touch with us, you’re not alone on this.

@northerndawn I also need something to comfort me when we have workers in the house. Next week we’re having new glazing in 2 windows. It will be a mess, one of the windows is huge and they expect the glass will break when removing it so we’ll have glass splinters in the room. The week after that we’ll have new flooring on the stairs and the upper hallway, they estimated it will take 5 days to get it done. I’m glad my DH will be home on those days, I’m not good with German workers.

@missybear I think the virus is staying with us for a long time, the thought of being isolated is depressing. Dutch friends wanted to come over for a few days last month but because of rising numbers in the Rotterdam area we postponed it to the coming weekend. We had to cancel that one also, the numbers in the Rotterdam areakeeps on rising. We don’t expect to see any of our friends this year. We’ll have to live with this and hope for better times, they will come.

@bellyblast How nice you had the chance of going away for a few days with friends, it’s so much better to be with them than talking on the phone.

@penz Isn’t it nice to have someone commenting on your weight loss?

Pocket list day 23
    @at FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn 🥚FD
    @snowflake56 🥚FD?

ZBC day 23
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 23
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56 💃

DTF day 23
    @at (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @northerndawn (DTO)

Have a nice day everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 549 total)

You must be logged in to reply.