September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

This topic contains 541 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 549 total)

• Day 14, Emden Germany, FD

Another warm day overhere so another day in the garden for me.

@kazoo and @northerndawn I like weeding, I haven’t done much lately so I have a lot to do. We have a lot of slugs this year, I don’t mind them, they can stay.

@northgeorgia My Salubrious September is going well, my weight is stable but I need too many FDs to keep it this way. I’m trying to eat a bit less on my NFDs from now on.

@mia139 I’m with you doing Leslie today.

Pocket list day 14
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Salubrious September has me on a plateau but hey ho, better than heading up. I am on Holiday from Friday morning so need to have a good week. Will try super hard, DTF etc, and then foot off the brake.

Two things to tell……and I am sorry to be going in about the earthing but this I found miraculous….

..I brought my earthing mat and patches down to my Dad on Saturday. Before we started we took his blood pressure and other vitals……his bp was 96/56 so low. He does have low blood pressure and is on meds for that and all sorts of things. His right hand was very stiff, barely open the fist and his foot was floppy.

Anyway, patches on his hand and foot, tea made, chatted, watched to, too his BP half way through, imorivement, then after an hour and a half we unhooked him……Dad BP was 122/60!!! Normal!! His skin had a lovely rosey glow. But best of all, he could move his fingers as if nothing wrong, no pain, no stiffness…..we were all flabbergasted.

I have left the earthing mat beside is bed so he can rest his feet on it while watching to. I really hope this gives him some relief.

The 2nd thing to tell….we couldn’t visit DD yesterday as she got a message grim the school saying that one of the children in grandaughters class has tested positive fir Covid 😱 So the poor little mite has to be tested today. She is only 4 😨😨 And only started school on the 26th August 😨

Hoping all will be ok. The whole class obviously has to stay out until further notice

Off to work now. Have a great Monday. Great to see you back @i-hate-lettuce

Day 14 – UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Lovely sunny, but cool start to the day. Will have a stroll later I think.

@northerndawn – Air-pots, I tend to use quite large pots so can get away with less watering, but things like tomatoes, which are ‘thirsty’ I give them plenty to get big crops. Unlike ordinary pots you cant flood them, which is better for root systems. Overwater ordinary pots, roots can rot. I have used a gravity drip, 5 gallon drum, drip feeding several plants, top it up every couple of days, best results!

I’ve a mate in Australia, he’s got a different problem to here in the UK, snakes! It’s their breeding season and they’ve young to feed and can become aggressive, so slugs and snails aren’t so bad after all!

@emma-taylor – holiday weight gain, quickly on quickly off, jump on the wagon when you’re back home. I found it takes about the same length of time on the wagon as on holiday to get back to where you were. Well worth it!

@daffodil2010 – Hope your Granddaughter’s test comes back OK.

Need to be careful with types of food I’m eating at the moment, nothing rough like toast, nothing too spicy etc, not that fond of eating soft stuff, but that’s only temporary. Mrs I-H-L is spoiling me though!

Take care all.

Day 14 OMAD Rome

@ihatelettuce – thanks for reminding me. I had one bad day early on when I realised I’d put weight back on, and was very grumpy, but in truth, since I went away to Norfolk in mid August I’ve ditched DTF, with predictable results. And you are right, easy on, easy off ( I hope and pray…). And SNAKES!!!! I couldn’t live in a country with snakes in it. Is it true there aren’t any snakes in Ireland?
    @daffodil2010. – your earthing story is fascinating. You would think that something that has SUCH strong results would be better known. I guess because, like fasting, it can be done for free, so there is much less incentive for someone to flog it to us. I’m glad your dad had good results. Our mat is in London, hence poor sleep here as per, and DH is snoring again 😳😳😳

D14 F800 UK Lake District

Just popping in to add my name to the lists. Will catch up later.

Pocket list day 14
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle

Happy monday

Day 14 FD UK

Sorry to have been absent for a while, I have been much occupied with tests and the preparation for. Not a lot of food and loss of 2Lbs but I know that is water. Anyhow all finished and results are all good so far, a couple more to come in. This beggars the question as to what is the problem but maybe I’ll grow out of it when I grow up ‘!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is now halfway through the month but for me it is really day 1 so will have to get my skates on to achieve something.
    I have something like 100 posts to read! I couldn’t concentrate before my mind being elsewhere for most of the time so am posting now and will read later.

@ihatelettuce I did pick up on your post and am so pleased that you have better news and are in a better place mentally.

TTFN

Day 14, London, UK, LFD,

It’s lovely and hot🌞 at the moment, so I’m going for a LFD, lots of water should get me through the day, I’ll throw a walk around the lake in, just to keep me away from the kitchen ………………………… just in case😜!!!!

Good to get an update from the Lakes!! @i-hate-lettuce, I’m still sending healing vibes your way in exchange for stories of air pots, rugby, home-brew, walking, gardening & general bumbling😂😝!!

@lilymartin, a quick check-in keeps you tethered to that run-away wagon!!!

@northgeorgia, Salubrious September has been a bit of a struggle, but I’m keeping the faith!! No garlands for me, but I have a target table where I note my daily weight, + or – for that day and how close to my weekly target I am. I think you’re the poster boy for living up to @at‘s favourite quote, you’ve been focussed & although it may not seem it, practically flown through the 240’s, soon we’ll be cheering your entry to the 230’s dance-floor👏!!! …………….“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

@penz, Outstanding October it is, we’re nearing the end of the third quarter of the worst year in our lifetime😢. This final quarter can only be fabulous 🙌 😁!!

@daffodil2010, I’m so pleased you’ve found something that improves your dad’s quality of life😇, I look at my mums painfully stiff hands and know those hands did sooooo much hard graft in 80 years, for me, my brothers, my dad, the WHO & the NHS😇. At times they go blue then white and I can only imagine the pain. I’m sure you posted a link to the hand patches so I’ll have a search and definitely get some for her. I hope you DGDs result is negative🙏; how are 4 year olds meant to understand this situation? They will of course, but that 1st day of school joy is slightly tarnished😟😢, there’s a whole generation of kids dealing with stuff😷, I truly wish they didn’t have to😢😭!!

Pocket list day 14
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)

“Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S Eliot

Day 14 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh in crept up in the typical pre-first FD of the week (Monday morning) way. Seems like I sleep less and retain more water before a Monday (am I dreading the week to come?). Not too bad, though at 246.2 lbs. Hopeful for another drop tomorrow back to 244, but we shall see.

Today’s question: who is joining you on this journey? For me, my parents have tried a modified version of the FD800. According to my mother, she hasn’t lost much weight in the past few months, but my father has. I’ll talk to her more about it if she wants to (but she has other issues on her mind, obviously). I also have a co-worker who wasn’t sure, but after asking her doctor last week about dieting, she was surprised to hear “intermittent fasting” as the answer. She was recommended the 16:8, so although I said I prefer the 5:2 personally, I encourage her to give the 16:8 a try!

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Pocket list day 14
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)

Day 14 UK FD

Right ! I’ve set myself a target this week and I’m giving it my all Thanks for adding me to the list @snowflake56

Good to catch up on the posts Good news and not so good but wishing all a positive week

Pocket list day 14 🎈
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)

Day 14 Minnesota, USA FD

Going to just add myself to lists and catch up on posts/comment later.

Pocket list day 14 🎈
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)

Day 14 USA (Illinois) FD

I’m echoing @northerndawn:

Going to just add myself to lists and catch up on posts/comment later.

Pocket list day 14 🎈
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn
    @songbirdme

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)

Onward and downward.

@stitchincarol – boy, I hope you’re right with B10 starting in October! I’m only reading that a final decision is yet to be made. Fingers crossed!

Day 14 North Canton OH WFD
    I had a good weekend, busy but good. I was too busy to post but it is great to be back with you all this morning.
    Good to see you @i hate lettuce. Glad you are in a better place mentally. Snakes ugh! That would be it for me.
    @stitchincarol the blood drive I signed up for is held in the office complex where I work, so it is much easier to just walk down and donate. I probably felt lousy because I was engaging in an extended water fast at the time, next time I will avoid that
    @dykask I was doing the extended water fasts there for a while because of a Jason Fung Video that advocated for it if you could tolerate it- since autophagy usually occurs after about 2 days of water-fasting. I tested this with urine ketone strips and I did not register any ketones in my urine until 60 hours into my fast; there is a weird distant buzzy feeling between my ears which I now think of as the ketone-buzz. I have engaged in about 4 extended water fasts this year and only tried the ketone strips the last time, so I can’t confirm my hypothesis until I have done at least 3 more. My only problem with the extended water-fasts was the poorer sleep quality and the tendency to binge after. I plan to incorporate extended water-fasting into my fasting experience in a more deliberate and orderly fashion because I quite enjoy them.

Pocket list day 14 🎈
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @basyjames

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

The weekend was not awful, but it certainly wasn’t the behavior of a woman who’s wanting to lose 3 pounds by 9/23. That’s my schizophrenic side: half of me wants to lose weight with all my heart; half of me wants to eat what I want when I want with all my heart.

@dykask, ain’t that the truth about exercise not really accomplishing weight loss. What I’ve discovered, however, is that, if I’m faithfully exercising, I remember that I’m also faithfully sticking to an eating plan, and it helps keep me on track. Again, it’s that schizophrenic side of me that needs constantly tending so the desired side is front and loud!

@northerndawn, so very impressive that you managed an average of 891 calories all week! That will absolutely be a kick-start for you on your goals for this month!

@mia139, welcome to the Leslie club! 🙂

@bellyblast, the fires in California, Oregon and Colorado are simply awful, and it’s astonishing that the smoke is spreading all the way to you! My sisters in California haven’t mentioned the smoke lately, so I was guessing it had moved elsewhere for the most part, but perhaps they’re just tired of talking about it.

@penz, I’ll look forward to celebrating your Outstanding October with you when you’re done with so much travel!

@daffodil2010, what glorious results your dad had! You must be so thrilled to have found something that helped him. Your poor granddaughter; I’ll keep her and the class in prayer that they’re all fine, and that the one heals quickly.

@i-hate-lettuce, I can well imagine Mrs IHL is spoiling you, and is enjoying every moment of doing so!

@annabelle48, we’ve missed you. I’m sorry the tests haven’t revealed what the problem is, but so glad it’s at least nothing horrible.

Pocket list day 14 🎈
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5 day 14
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @mia139 🤸‍♀
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

7 minutes – 7 days
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @brightonbelle
    @northerndawn (DTO)
    @flourbaby (DTO)
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

For some reason, ever since I started doing Fast5, I find true FDs very, very difficult, so today’s quote is going to have to resonate with me all day if I’m going to achieve this: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”

Day 15, NFD, Aus

@stitchincarol: “half of me wants to lose weight with all my heart; half of me wants to eat what I want when I want with all my heart”. That is so true for me too! I often ask myself how much I REALLY want to lose weight, especially as it’s not a quick fix.

I did Leslie yesterday. (Oooh that does not read well, but you know what I mean.) And I am feeling it today! Let that be a lesson to me not to slip out of the habit (and an awesome reminder of how much that really is a good workout).

Day 15, Emden Germany, NFD 💃

Just a quick post today as I’m running late. We had to cut back the wisteria first thing this morning as the cat tries to climb in it from the bedroom balcony. Off to the shower, dance class at 8:30 am, one hour Viennese Waltz today, we’re glad to dance this early, it’s going to be 28°C here today.

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Trying for another FD…despite a decent one yesterday my scales are stuck at the same weight….no matter how much or how little I eat !!! So before it takes off in the upwards direction I want to try and get it moving down before Friday.

https://www.groundology.com/ie/earthing/grounding-patches

@flourbaby, above is the link to the patches. I bought the set where you can have two patches at a time so I could put one on the foot and the other on the bad hand. My Dad was a plasterer so a big strong man holding a hawk and trowel all day, but after his heart attack 12 years ago he lost much feeling in his right hand and right foot. I tried to ring him yesterday to see how he is getting on but phone always engaged….he is very sociable even if he is not getting out as much 😀

So it’s actually today that our Grandaughter is getting tested for Covid. DD had to explain to her why she wasn’t going to school and what had to be done….and the little one is fine, it’s a reality for all these poor babes that nobody would have wished for them…….but just the thought of the little children having to get that horrible test….ohhh I hope everything will be ok and all are negative…….

Have a good day all.

Pocket list Day 15
    @daffodil2010

DTF
    @daffodil2010

Day 15 – UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Looks like another promising day weatherwise today, might try a repeat of yesterday and do nothing much, “but you did that yesterday” ….. Ah, but I didn’t finish!

I truth we had a lovely day, I’m not one for sitting around, hence ‘bimbling’ ie busy doing something, but not a lot and maybe don’t seem to have a lot to show for it either, but times gone quickly!
    Bottled a 12 litre batch of a light IPA beer I’d brewed early last week. Sat in garden reading. I’m Mrs IHL’s sous chef, so did prep for veggies, sat in garden reading again, didn’t go for wander, did as told (for once) and took it very easy. Watched the rugby roundup programme with feet up last night and still no beer!

@annabelle48 – sounds like you’re backwards and forwards being tested as well! Hopefully you’ve got a good bunch looking after you and can sort you out.
    I have nothing but praise for the staff (at all levels) who are doing their best for us, brilliant people.

@stitchincarol – Yes being spoiled by Mrs IHL, but just been told, “Right, out for a walk today” Love her to bits!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Like it, sometime you’ve just got to get your head round things, controlling that bit of grey stuff between your ears and not letting it run amock can be difficult and not just for avoiding the cake tin or the bottle of wine!

Going to be interesting to see how my very much amended 5:2 WOL goes.
    My BMR is currently 1812 calories, but keeping to max of 1500, no day off, (easy avoiding alcohol at the moment, I know I mention lack of beer, but not bothered just now)
    FD’s, been told NOT to for now, need to ‘keep up with the fight’ so my FD’s are going to be 1000 to 1200. As for MOAM walks, nope just a quiet wander.

Take care all.

Day 15, London, UK, NFD

Yesterdays’ LFD went well, no real hunger pangs, but I was a bit lethargic & spent the day relaxing rather than getting the housework I had planned, done …………………… mañana, mañana!!! I like that @i-hate-lettuce ……………………. “Ah, but I didn’t finish!”, enjoy your MOAW, you can revert to being on a mission when the time is right ……………………. Mrs. IHL will let you know EXACTLY when that is!!!! 😜😂

Thanks for the link @daffodil2010, definitely ordering some today🤗!! My mum always says her hands were damaged by fishing instruments out of boiling water in the days before there were autoclaves, so the continual change in temperature from hot to cold did the damage. If that happened today there would be lawsuits flying😢!!!!! Crossing everything for a positive outcome for your DGD, by that I mean a ‘negative’ test result😝!!!

Have a great day everyone, I’ve a Pilates class in 7 mins, so, I’m off!!!!

Day 15 FD UK

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD but somehow it didn’t work out that way. I think it was a reaction to having no food and then being able to eat, anyhow I am hoping to approach today with a more positive mental attitude. I want to get a move on as September is slipping away.

I have been reading the posts on grounding and it seems you have to be connected by a cable. Is this right or am I being dim?

@ihatelettuce thanks for words of encouragement. Yes the hospital was brilliant and I have great faith in it.
    Very pleased that whatever the problem is it is not life threatening. Just don’t let anyone medical suggest i am imagining the problem.
    @stitchincarol and anyone I have forgotten thank you for the welcome back. This is such a supportive thread with no end of encouragement and useful tips.

Hard is not impossible it just takes a bit more effort and if you put a space in it becomes I’m possible. Yay.

TTFN

2nd post

Can’t seem to add my name to Pocket List but I’m with you in spirit.

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Good FD yesterday; weighing in at 244 this morning. That’s two pounds away from my goal this month, so I’m hopeful!

Mid-month reflection: How is Salubrious September going for you? Are you on track to meet your month’s goal? If not, what can you do to get on track for the rest of the month? Are you keeping patient with yourself? Any lessons learned? Have you found another way to motivate yourself? Have you taken a moment to imagine yourself at your goal weight?

@annabelle48 adding you to the pocket list! Good luck to those on the Tuesday list!

Pocket list Day 15
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48

DTF
    @daffodil2010

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD800 yesterday. Hoping for an okay day today with likely our last pool day for the season.

@northgeorgia – you are doing SO well and oh so close to your goal for Salubrious September with 15 days still to go to meet it. Congratulations on your great progress!

Onward and downward.

Day 15 Melb Aust CD

To answer @northgeorgia‘s question – no, not doing as well as I’d hoped this month. We’re in a very strict lockdown here and I’ve over-indulged in the past 2 weeks. Pulling myself back on the wagon now, so should end the month about where I started it.

@emma Taylor, no snakes in New Zealand, either – they’re not even allowed in zoos, in case they escape somehow. In Australia, if you see a snake, you have to immediately assume it’s poisonous, more than 70% of the world’s poisonous snakes are from Australia, but for all but the taipan, if you leave them alone, they’ll leave you alone.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

My FD yesterday went fine after all. I did a longer Leslie than usual, and did my 7min/7day exercises (I’m having doubts that my waist will go down an inch in this week, but the muscles are sure aching with every move I make throughout the day!), and I’ve so far this month met all my daily action goals. So I’m tickled. But I’m not losing. So is this a plateau? Am I actually consuming more calories than I’m realizing? Is my body simply that unwilling to part with itself? I have no answers, only questions. I can’t control results; I can only control behavior, so I’ll just keep on keeping on, and time will tell.

@northgeorgia, as long as you keep on keeping on, I’ll just bet you’ll exceed your goal for September, given you still have two weeks and only two pounds remaining. So, so, so fun to watch and celebrate your progress!

@i-hate-lettuce, DH and I moved our 1-gallon and 5-gallon batches of beer (two different IPAs) to secondary fermentation yesterday, so bottling day is close!

It’s a highlight of my day to read everyone’s posts; I delight in being part of this group!

Pocket list Day 15
    @daffodil2010
    @annabelle48

DTF
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol

ZBC Day 15
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5 Day 15
    @stitchincarol

Okay, it worked well yesterday, so I’m holding onto it again today: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” And, yes, @annabelle48, “I’m possible”!! 🙂

Day 15 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well.

Day 15 North Canton OH OMAD

I lost my post 😭😭😭😭

Day 15, Virginia, US
    FD today. going strong, 500 cal.
    off to my centergy class

Day 16 Melb Aust CD

Doing okay so far, hoping to persevere till the end of the day as it’s the evenings when I often weaken. Yes, I know I should say the kitchen is closed after the evening meal, but like a disobedient child, I often don’t listen! 🙂

Have been feeling considerable concern for the western US participants on this forum due to the horrific wildfires there. From photos I’ve seen, the orange air colour at times in some cities has been similar to what occurred for Sydney during our summer. Very unpleasant, poor air quality, and please take care if you have any breathing problems. Exercise indoors if you can. My prayers are with you all.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 16, Emden Germany, FD800

We’re waiting for this year’s wood delivery, I’m the transporter (using the wheelbarrow), my DH the stacker. I’m glad the weather cooled down, only 22°C today.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m really glad, we have the slugs and not the snakes.

@basyjames I know how losing your post feels!

@northgeorgia You’re doing fine, only 2 lbs to go this month.

@daffodil2010 What an amazing result! Are the patches easy to get on and off for your Dad? I hope your granddaughter’s test will turn out to be negative.

Pocket list day 16
    @snowflake56
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 16
    @penz
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30×5 day 16
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56 💃

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD/FD

Not sure what today will be but I plan for the best. Could not weigh myself this morning as my scale is in the main bathroom and we had DS stay over while he is at a course in town, so I certainly didn’t want to be interrupting his morning ablutions by demanding the scale. But probably just as well as I will be interested to see what tomorrow brings.

Weather is so good….will it last for our camper van holiday to the North West on Friday though? Hopefully we won’t get rained out of it.

@i-hate-lettuce so good to hear of the bimbling going on

@stitchincarol I have found when I am doing a rigorous exercise routine (like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) that I gave remained static weight wise BUT muscles sure tone up. Now I do Leslie about 3 or 4 times a week, I feel my waist line is slimmer and absolutely more flexibility in my 53 year old legs….but weight still around the same. Don’t despair. It will happen.

@annabelle48 no you don’t need a cable to ground or earth yourself if you have access to grass or concrete or tiles on the ground floor where you can go barefoot. But the grounding tools with the earthing cable are for those times when you cannot get outside or down to the basement or have fitted carpets. They are not live, simply connect to the earth part of the plug and the earths energy flows through to the mat or the patch or whatever.

@flourbaby I hope those patches help your mum, it’s terrible the things that our parents did in work that is now deemed unsafe now. My Dad would often come home covered in lime which is corrosive 😨

I finally got talking to him yesterday, I left him with the earthing mat for the side of his bed and he uses it while watching his tv……wel, he told me that his hand and his foot is now much improved since Saturday 😀😀 he can now hold his pint of Guinness with the one hand again (he needed both hands to lift a pint which is so sad to see)…….delighted.

When I come back from holidays I am back down with my earthing patches to give him another go, it’s almost miraculous.

Poor little DGD got her Covid test yesterday so we should know the results today bit took three attempts to get the swab, it’s such an invasive test, I would have serious issues staying still for it, so can you imagine a 4 year old? 😨 Praying all will be fine and all back to the new normal soon.

@betsylee I agree with you, it’s absolutely terrible to see what’s going on in the US with these wildfires, and I hope everyone takes care, some harrowing stories in the
    Newspapers…..

Have a good Wednesday Hump Day. 🐫🐫🐪 OMG I found I gave camels after all, so here are the two and the one humps….🐪

Day 16 – UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

What a brilliant day yesterday was!

After catching up on here, off out for a wander, it was just beautiful. Warm sunny, quiet, never saw a soul (well not any closer than in the far distance) went for a sit on the rocks down the estuary and enjoyed the views, a real panorama.

Big breakthrough, afternoon coffee time, first time in almost 3 weeks ….. managed to eat a couple of crackers 🙂

@daffodil2010 – Was thinking about your granddaughter and the C19 test, it’s not the most pleasant of things. However, I’m sure lots of cuddles would soon help her and kids are very resilient.

@stitchincarol – Bottling, I’m not a lover of highly carbonated beer so I batch prime before bottling, pitch dextrose into the secondary at 3g per litre so there is a head when poured into the glass, but not fizzy.

We go through quite a lot of fruit at home, still on weekly supermarket delivery so rely on their picking, some good some not so good.
    But we won’t waste anything, Mrs IHL makes a rather nice fruit compote from anything ‘past its best’ or ‘nowhere near ripe’.
    To keep the sugar levels down, the fruit is chopped up and poached in sugar free lemonade, a tip she picked up so she could make stuff for her late father who was diabetic.

Take care all

Day 16, London UK, FD,

I’m going to try a bog standard FD today at <500cals, I’ve woken up feeling like a LFD is just out of my reach, due to a poor nights’ sleep.

@daffodil201, goodness!! Lime dissolves EVERYTHING, it’s the stuff I had planned👿 to use to get rid of the body😲!!!! …………………………………. Don’t you love the anonymity of this forum??😜😎

@northgeorgia, I think I’ve taken my eye off of the ball this month, NFDs have been Epic ……………….. and not in the good way😨!!! I know the rules (and they work!!) if you don’t plan or want to eat it, don’t have it in the house, why I restocked my trigger foods for September, we’ll never know. I’m giving that reset button a good hard whack now😏!!!!

So, it’s a day to reflect on why I’m struggling a bit, hormones? Laziness? Resignation? I’m on a bit of a rollercoaster as if I have a couple of good FDs or LFDs, I know I’ll be all 5:2 loved-up all over again🤗. My mojo is still here, he’s just a bit too laid back for my liking right now!!!!

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

Day 16. OMAD. Rome.

Back to London today. DHs early morning congested lungs ( which seemed to clear up after one session of earthing on grass…) have been much better here. We’ve been out of the city centre at the pool most days, and I think it’s helped. Air quality in London is pretty poor. I’ve stuck to the OMAD wagon since June 16th, but I’ve got to haul my sorry ass back onto the DTF wagon again. I wonder how @funshipfreddie is getting on? He used to put me on it. Weight has gone back on, definitely not from food, but overindulging on the alcohol. I’ll get my act together. Happy hump day. And happy anniversary to me. 31 years of sheer pleasure. 😳😳😳

Day 16 UK NFD

Really trying to buckle down this week , weight wise I’m sort of where I was aiming for and I know it’s not how it works but I’d like to concentrate on my waist ( or big belly ) so concerted effort on exercise and low carbs this week and we’ll see Yes @emma-taylor I was thinking about @funshipfreddie and a few other regulars that I don’t think we’ve heard for a while @jaifaim , @at @michelinme Hope they are all OK

Happy 🐫 day all

Nice to spend your anniversary in Rome @emma-taylor We are hoping to go out in a couple of weeks for my birthday 🤞

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Scales really rocked back and forth today between four different weights, but looks like the upper end of 245 lbs. There’s a possibility I could reach a new low for the month tomorrow morning; fingers crossed!

Today’s tip: Short-term goals. No matter how much weight you want to lose, you’ll probably want to set some short term goals to get there. I have 125 lbs I want to lose to get to the “ideal weight” for my height. I would go absolutely crazy if every day I thought of the massive amount of weight that I expect to get rid of (in fact, up until this year, I didn’t think it was realistic). I spoke of “milestones” and “metaphoric places” in the past, and to better define these, I should say “short-term goals.”

Most of us have set a goal for September, and this may be a short-term goal for you. I actually have two goals this month: 243 and 242. 242 is my Salubrious September goal. 243 is a minor milestone goal connected to my four-year weight record (last matching up with August 2017 — I currently have just 11 more records to beat!). 239 is a “metaphoric place” goal (you’ve probably figured out I break down these categories into segments of 10 lbs each: 250s, 240s, 230s, etc). I also see on my collage I should take a photo of myself next week sometime (I’m taking a photo every three pounds lost or so).

Are you being kind to yourself? Do you have mini-goals or short-term goals that are reachable within a month? If not, why not break down your goals into some easier to manage short-term goals?

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today:

Day 16 – FD Pocket list
    @Snowflake66 (FD800)
    @flourbaby
    @EmmaTaylor (OMAD)
    @northgeorgia

ZBC Pocket list
    @northgeorgia

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

We are taking a day trip today for DH to have a thorough health checkup so leaving shortly. I’m quite happy with the scale this morning, so that is good.

Onward and downward.

Day 16 North Canton OH WFD
    Dang internet ate my post yesterday. Yesterday was OMAD, and I ate quite a bit but not too much. I slept well 😁
    The weather turned colder in a hurry, and I am not a fan
    @daffodil2010 I ordered the patches for OH and myself. I have noticed occasional soreness in my right shoulder that interferes with my workouts, also OH had spinal surgery for herniated disks and they occasionally flare up. I am hoping this helps; I have certainly had great success with my grounding sheets for better sleep, and no night sweats. Best wishes for your grand-daughter.
    @emma Taylor Congratulations on 31 years of bliss
    Fingers crossed for you @northgeorgia. My goal is to stop the yo-yoing and settle on sustainability. Also I am aiming for downward trends on the scale.

Day 16 – FD Pocket list
    @Snowflake66 (FD800)
    @flourbaby
    @EmmaTaylor (OMAD)
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames

ZBC Pocket list
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames

Day 16 UK nfd

Yesterday went well UNTIL 6pm when I opened the fridge and saw some CHOCOLATE. I ate it I’m afraid but the good news is no gain. Today is a bit of a mix up so not sure where I will end up.

I have to confess to being a procrastinator. There some things I need to do but keep saying to myself oh well i will do that tomorrow without fail but I don’t. I am a fully paid up member and so good at it that I am thinking of running for President.

I am looking forward to Friday as I have finally (see above) got round to booking an appointment with a chiropodist to deal with a callous (I think) on my foot which is now very painful to walk on. This is a result of a foot operation some years ago which has altered my gait somewhat and causes a built up of hard skin.

@daffodil thank you for the information re grounding, I am wondering if it will help with some arthritis in my knees.

@ihatelettuce very pleased to hear your progress and positive outlook.

Now off to find out why iPhone has de died to stop ringing.

TTFN

Correction. Not died but decided.

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

I managed to stay around 1000 calories yesterday, which is a huge victory for me. I’m aiming for the same today, so we’ll see if my mantra of “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible” gets me through!

@i-hate-lettuce, you’d have laughed to see me after reading your explanation of what you do with beer. HUH?!? LOL, I can follow the directions that come with the kit, but I still haven’t wrapped my head around the details enough to know what you’re talking about. I’m part of a FB group that also can talk like that. Someday, I’m going to learn enough that it’ll all make sense!! 🙂

@basyjames, losing a post, especially a longer one that you’ve carefully composed, is truly an irritant, and you have my sympathy!

@betsylee, thanks for your prayers. Two of my sisters live in California, and they say the smoke isn’t nearly as bad as it was; a friend of mine lives just north of Seattle in Washington State, and she says it’s worse than ever. And, @bellyblast, didn’t you say there’s smoke in Canada?? So perhaps the winds are gradually driving the smoke north?

Re: earthing/grounding sheets. We got ours on Monday; I promptly plugged it in, put my bare feet on it…and nothing. No sensation whatsoever. Ever the optimist, I kept my feet on it for about a half hour, then set it up for DH. On Tuesday morning, I realized a miracle but didn’t say anything. Tuesday evening, did the same routine. This morning, the same miracle had occurred: DH slept with his mouth shut. He doesn’t actually snore, but his breathing through his mouth is LOUD. We talked about it this morning, and he said he was startled when he woke once or twice in the night to find his mouth was shut–and not bone dry. Back in June, he started keeping a thermos of water by his side of the bed, so he could take a drink to moisten his parched mouth when he woke up. So there’s another success story.

Day 16 – FD Pocket list
    @Snowflake66 (FD800)
    @flourbaby
    @EmmaTaylor (OMAD)
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames

ZBC Pocket list
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol

DTF Day 16
    @stitchincarol

I have a long to-do list that, like @annabelle48, I’d rather put off until another day…but it’s that very procrastination that has made it such a long list, so I need to get at it. We celebrate our youngest’s 24th birthday this Sunday, and I’d like the house to be not only tidy but clean. <<snort>> NOT my greatest skill to accomplish, LOL!

So hold on, everyone: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible…not impossible…not impossible.”

Day 16 MN/USA FD (800)

Yesterday a NFD but stayed under 1200 and dry. I’ve been so busy the past two days and still need to read most of the posts from yesterday as well as today. I hope to stay around 800 today. Have a great day, everybody!

Day 16 – FD Pocket list
    @snowflake56 (FD800)
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor (OMAD)
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @northerndawn (FD800)

ZBC Pocket list
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTF Day 16
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn (DTO)

2nd post

Darling Grandaughter is negative for Covid 19! Such a relief. She has to remain at home for another 48 hours and if no symptoms then she can get back to her normal little life of going to school and playing with friends and visiting grandparents ☺️☺️ Such a relief for everyone. The other prospect was too horrible to contemplate too much.

Phew 🍾

second post

@daffodil2010 yay!!! 💃💃💃💃

That is wonderful news indeed and such a relief

@stitchincarol I also noticed that OH does not snore as loudly as he used to, he occasionally still snores but the volume and intensity is waaaay reduced. He also keeps water by the bedside for the same reason as your OH, i will ask if he has noticed he is still as parched.

Hmmmmm….

Day 16 – Second post

@daffodil2010, Whoo-HOOOOO!!! I’m so pleased for you and your whole family, especially that darling granddaughter!

@basyjames, I’m the first to acknowledge that two nights of sleeping with a closed mouth does not a miracle make…but it sure was astonishing to wake up and not hear DH breathing out his mouth! I’m interested to hear your husband’s reflections on what has improved.

I just shared all the grounding details we’ve been sharing with a friend of mine who has some serious back issues and various aches and pains; she’s intrigued and is looking into it further. Such a fun group to be about 5:2 and to incidentally discover grounding!

Day 17, NFD, Aus

@northgeorgia, how’s my September going? Well the other day I said Stagnant. But I hopped on the scales this morning and there’s been no change in the last two weeks. I’m super pleased – relieved? – at this as I’ve not been doing 5:2 and I’ve not been doing DTF. So I am feeling motivated to finish the month properly. Starting Monday! (We have friends visiting and are going out tonight so no usual Thursday FD.)

Three attempts? Your poor granddaughter, @daffodil2010 – she must have been so brave to endure that. Excellent news on the result.

I’m back home after my work trip away. We had to drive down to the coast, through the area that was so badly affected by the bushfires earlier this year. You could see straight across valleys, through the blackened sticks of trees. How any wildlife could have survived that I don’t know. But what was encouraging to see is that the trunks of most trees are now covered in a green muff of new leaves. The Australian bush has amazing powers of recovery. Sadly, I don’t think the native flora in the US has the same fire tolerance. I remember being in Yellowstone National Park zonks ago and seeing trees in a similar state of regrowth. Based on my Aussie experience, I thought the fire must have gone through the previous year, only to be told by a ranger that the fire had occurred a decade before. A decade to achieve that same level of recovery! Very very sad and I also am thinking of our American friends.

Happy anniversary Emma Taylor!!! Sounds like a longer happier marriage than you had with Brad!

Day 17, Emden Germany, NFD

@daffodil2010 What a relief!

@emma-taylor Happy anniversary! Are you glad to be home again?

@i-hate-lettuce “the fruit is chopped up and poached in sugar free lemonade”, that’s a good idea, I never thought about doing that.

@songbirdme I hope your DH’s health check went well after having health problems a while ago (sorry, not a good sentence but you know what I mean).

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Last day of work before the two week holiday bimbling (@I-hate-lettuce this word of yours may be the new thing 😀) around the North West of Ireland in our camper van. So excited. It’s been pre-Covid days since I have had more than one day in a row off work, February actually, so with EVERYTHING that has happened since then……phew, this break is well need.

Such super news re my DGD, and with my Dad also doing well with the earthing, I feel relieved and ready to relax.

I will be checking in most days however. Just to catch up with everyone, I won’t be DTF or FD’ing, but I do enjoy this daily catch up.

And I am so interested to hear how those who got the earthing kits are getting on. Yesterday evening I discovered that my legs don’t crack any more when I stretch or squat or kneel….certainly not a miracle but just something I realised was not there after a few years of loud cracking in the joints 😀

Thanks again @emma Taylor for coming across this astounding thing that’s right there under our (bare) feet 👍 And happy 31st anniversary.

@northgeorgia I am loving all your motivational posts and hints and tips and I will be going back to the photo recording and mini milestones when I am officially not on holiday…..that’s going to be October though. This month has been about seeing the same number day in and day out so far.

Have a great Thursday everyone, work us calling….but for the last time for a couple of weeks,,,,yay.

Day 17, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s FD went well, so today I’m determined to have a good CD, there’s no point undoing my FD achievements😇 ………………………….. no matter how strong the siren call of the cashew nuts😱!!!

@basyjames, I’m joining you in getting off of the blasted bouncy-bouncy scales, how was this soooooo much easier 2 years ago???😣 I suppose I have to remember something someone far wiser than me once said …………… “several years of 5:2 have persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult, so I got too casual. Time to start again!”

@daffodil2010, Phew indeed🤗🤗🤗!!! Enjoy the bimbling😉, I can almost feel how eager you are to get away, enjoy it🍷🍾🥂!!!

I’m off to have a shower before Pilates at 9:30 since I just did a 2-miler with Leslie and I look like I got drenched in a rainstorm☔!!!!😂

“Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman 💕

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 549 total)

You must be logged in to reply.