September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2020 Monthly Challenge — SALUBRIOUS SEPTEMBER

This topic contains 541 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 549 total)

• Day 10 Canada FD

After my last failed FD I am ready to give it another whirl. The great thing about this WOL is that I know I can do it and that it works!

@i-hate-lettuce I have been thinking about you a lot lately and am so sorry to hear things haven’t gone as well as you expected. Sending you positive energy and hope that we see you back soon with good news

Pocket list day 10
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

ZBC day 10
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

DTF
    @coco
    @bellyblast

Day 10 MN/USA NFD

Good FD yesterday under 500, CD the day before under 1000, FD the day before that under 500. Weight back down to where I started this month.

Today I may see if I can stay under 1200, because I had planned to have a third FD tomorrow, but I have decided against it. It’ll be Friday, and I think I will treat myself to a good meal and then yogurt, berries, and honey instead of the usual Friday libations (staying dry ’til October). I will pat myself on the back for staying dry, and let myself have some extra calories, if I feel like it. Rewards are important, as long as they are healthy and appropriate, IMHO.

I’ll be thinking of you, @flourbaby………..Enjoy you Thai and have a little healthy treat to enjoy instead of the vino…………You said something earlier about not using food as a reward, but I think we’ve all been brought up with using favorite foods that way, and maybe it would be easier to substitute healthy favorites and savor those, than to try to change those ingrained beliefs entirely. I can’t speak for everyone, but it works better that way for me. I hate to feel deprived; because then I won’t adhere to my “healthy lifestyle” for the long term. Self knowledge.

Pocket list day 10
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

ZBC day 10
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn

DTF
    @coco
    @bellyblast

Exercise 30×5 day 10
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @northerndawn

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Going to do breakfast for lunch with my healthy omelette (spinach, mushroom, cheese, bit of sausage). Seldom am I eating breakfast any more — rather like @penz and others.

Looked up Liverpool’s @superlambanana – quite a fascinating article! https://wearehomesforstudents.com/blog/city/liverpool/story-behind-liverpools-superlambanana/

Some years ago Chicago had bulls all over the city, painted in any and all motifs. They were displayed a couple years then sold off to the highest bidders. Such fun artwork abounds!

ZBC day 10
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

D10 NFD UK lake District

Well after yesterday’s food my food cramming session I did not manage to get back to normal yesterday in fact yesterday became a food cramming day as well. To pay for it I was up all night with an upset stomach due to the quantity I had eaten. Today has been much better although I have not counted calories I have been mindful in what I have eaten. It will take my stomach a few days to get over it but I plan to be back on plan by the weekend

Thank you all for your comments and support . Over eating is something we all have in common.

@basyjames Self sabotage is a very easy thing to do. We have all been there. I find that as my clothes get looser and I start to feel more comfortable in my body, I let things relax and before I know it my clothes are tight again. Vicious Circle.

@stitchincarol This food cramming thing I go through happens every now and then. There is no rhyme or reason to it I just get the urge. It is not always what we would consider ‘bad food’ it can be anything just a huge quantity until my stomach is bloated. I am aware of what I am doing but just cannot stop. It will take me a few days to get back to normal so looking forward to the weekend and a nice plain salad. Also if you are bottling mojo please send some my way.

@alisa thanks for the webinar link. I just listened to one of his talks and plan on listening to some more. It’s all about conditioning and cravings.

@i hate lettuce. Sorry to hear about the surgery results. My thoughts are with you and Mrs I Hate lettuce. I think about you every time I am in the greenhouse. Don’t stay away too long.

@daffodil2010 You need to to get in touch with @stitchincarol I hear she is going to start bottling mojo. I have put my name down for a bottle. How’s the grounding mat going? My sheet came today so will be trying it out tonight.

Have a good evening everyone and will see you all tomorrow.

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Today is the day three couples and a wife are throwing a surprise dinner party for the 60th birthday of the husband. I’ve got my big batch of potato salad made, the appetizer is ready to go (slices of cucumber spread with smashed avocado and topped with a sauteed shrimp) and I’m dressed and “made-up.”

This morning, I started to sit down and email you all, but realized that if I skipped that I”d have time to do a Leslie walk; under the circumstances, that seemed like the correct choice, LOL!

No more time, but, @i-hate-lettuce, I hate to see you go from our forum, so when you want to pop in, we’ll be thrilled to hear from you. Regardless, I have been and will keep you and Mrs IHL in my prayers that you have great success with healing.

Day 11 – Japan – WFD #72

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2dB7UMLrs Interesting Q&A with Dr. Jason Fung.

Day 7 AUSTRALIA NFD
    Well here I am again after over a year. Yes I did very well early last year (2019) and lost 11kg in 11 weeks. The 5:2 intermittent (Monday & Thursday) worked very well for me last time and then I maintained my weight on 6:1 which worked well until I somehow forgot to keep it up! So Salubrious September it is and aiming for 5:2 (Mondays & Thursdays) again. Hopefully I can lose 1kg per week like last year. Nice to see the forums still here.

Day 11, Emden Germany, NFD

@emma-taylor Thanks! It was easier than expected but it’s not a masterpiece. For the next dress I’ll try to make a paper pattern of this one and put the zipper on the back. I have very nice friends so they would never say I failed.

@flourbaby Enjoy your Thai dinner tonight!

@stitchincarol I hope you had a nice evening yesterday!

@lindab Welcome back!

@northgeorgia I use the tracker on this site. I can’t see a trend on it as I went up and down over the last 3 years and I’m not doing every challenge.

Pocket list day 11
    @dykask WFD

ZBC day 11
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30×5 day 11
    @snowflake56 💃

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday was a relatively good day, I had intense cravings and hunger all day for sweet things, and as I don’t have a sweet tooth it was very strange. I nearly caved at one stage and thought about the chocolate filled vending machine, but I held on. He,d on too when I got home, chicken casserole for dinner and early to bed.

There is definitely something afoot. From previous this often heralded a Woosh in the making and the body was trying to make me stack up on calories. So glad I persevered but jeez, it was one tough day.

I used my grounding mat on my desk in work, my elbows test on it whilst typing, and although it did feel strange at first by the afternoon my brain was clearer. Despite the intense sugar craving ☺️

@kazoo hopefully you can get over the self sabotage, we ALL do it, that’s why we are here, if mojo has gone walkies at least posting here is some kind of accountability. Hope your grounding sheet worked well, but be aware that sometimes it takes a couple of days for the body to settle down into it……though it’s the most natural state I suppose.

Woo hoo Friday! Going to visit Dad tomorrow, then visiting DD and GDD on Sunday, she will cut my hair (she is a hairdresser) YAY, it hasn’t been cut in……..A YEAR!!! It’s very long, right down my back…..DH calls it my golden locks……but I need a trim.

And more exciting, DD has got a new puppy Bichon cross and I can’t wait to meet the tiny furball ☺️☺️☺️☺️

So good times. Have a good Friday everyone.

Day 11, London, UK, NFD

I’m really not looking forward to tonight’s Thai meal, I’ve started the month with dedication and determination hence the 5lb loss!! I just don’t want to stall my fat burning engine or awaken the carb dragon 🐉, ‘cause it’s a devil of a job wrangling him back into his cage!!!! I can’t stress about it, what will be will be, I’ll wear the ring that pokes the neighbouring finger, this annoyance will be my ‘mindfulness’ reminder!!! @northerndawn, I wish substituting was on the agenda for treats, but as much as I love yoghurt, fruit, pickles & nuts, they never seem like treats to me😢, just additions to a healthy diet. I equate “Well Done” with cake, wine, dessert, crisps & chocolate ………………………… it’s that endorphin thing!!!

@songbirdme, introducing the ZBC last month was something to boost my positivity since I didn’t have breakfast regularly anyway, easy win if you like!! I’m now realising that when I do it mindfully, knowing I’m on a list with others 🤗, it means that taste testing when cooking or having breakfast as a Sunday treat have gone, which only goes to help establish what we all want ……………………….. a WOL!!!! 🙌

@daffodil2010, I really hope there’s a whoosh coming your way, make sure you encourage it & guzzle that water!! For those who want to encourage a whoosh ………………………………….

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

http://fatburningman.com/4-simple-strategies-to-burn-fat-after-a-binge/

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 11 U.K. NFD

Try and enjoy it @flourbaby There are usually some good choices with Thai , fish or seafood Anyway hope you have a good night

Back from a lovely few days away , think I succeeded in being mindful in my choices , minimal damage hope to be back on track and still 2/3 of the month left to whittle away a few pounds

So sorry to hear @i-hate-lettuce s news Thinking of you ❤️

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in today, well, the scales were rocking, so I don’t play — I choose the lighter weight haha! 244 lbs. it is! Even if it were 245, that still marks a slow trend downward, so I expect to see some losses sometime between now and the end of the month.

@flourbaby Thanks for those links! Very encouraging to read about four very simple tips and the whoosh effect, which I think is what’s happening to me in August and September! That certainly would explain the plateaus right before a big drop.

@lindab Welcome back!

Today’s question: What are some surprising things you found yourself cooking up on the 5:2? I discovered some nice meals such as boiled shrimp over butter-sprayed sauteed mushrooms on a bed of cilantro with just a touch of Pad Thai sauce for flavor. Some nights, such as last night, I don’t feel like a full meal and make my body think it can enjoy a “snack,” so I stove top some popcorn in butter spray, sprinkle just a bit of dry ranch seasoning and add a tablespoon of salsa. What are some of your favorite creations?

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Day 11 USA (Illinois) NFD

This morning is Silver Sneakers followed by my every-8-week blood pint donation. I will have to stop and get some brunch right before my donation. That is required for better health.

@northgeorgia – congrats on your great progress!

@flourbaby – yes, ZBC does give good mojo!

Onward and downward.

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

The birthday surprise dinner last evening was great fun, and while I ate a lot, I didn’t go overboard on anything, and the scales were nice to me this morning. So, now I hope life quits interfering, and I can stick to my plan. Although…life IS interfering. My eldest sister’s DH died last night from Alzheimer’s (it was expected) and I’ll be flying to California for the funeral whenever it gets scheduled in the next two weeks.

@linda.b, welcome! How many kgs do you want to lose? We’ll all be tickled to encourage you on your journey down.
    @daffodil2010, I’m so sorry your neck is giving you a pain again, and that it may even be rotary cuff problems. We’ll be rooting for you that it’s a problem easily fixed…if there is such a thing with necks.
    @snowflake56, congratulations on a finished dress that fits!! Job WELL done! As to canning peaches, you’ll find lots of help with an internet search, and I can’t help but be sure you’ll dazzled at how good home-canned peaches are. And this comment of yours: “I sometimes think, do I really want to reach my goal or am I secretly thinking I’m fine the way I am?” really hits the nail on the head for me as well. It’s a very precarious balance between wanting to be slender again and wanting to simply live life, and COOK, and EAT, and DRINK, and not care. Oh, and BAKE!!! If we could only lose interest in cooking, baking, eating, and drinking for an extended period of time, would being thin be sufficient motivation to keep us there? Well, from the number of us who got down to goal weight and then shot back up (myself included), clearly not. So I think the real secret is that we have to care not only for vanity’s sake, but for health’s sake, and that is where we often get off track, and forget that health is a huge player in this effort we’re making, and vanity is only a minor part, a side benefit.
    @flourbaby, once I figured it out, your assurance that it was indeed a typo make me laugh out loud!
    @basyjames, did you actually give blood yesterday? I’m the coordinator of our 6 yearly blood drives in our village, and I worried when you talked about how weak and tired you’d felt the day before. Hope you’re better today!

Okay, off to finish up my peaches: these I will peel and slice and mix with sugar and corn starch and put in a plastic bag and freeze; then when I want peach crisp for a special meal this winter, I’ll already have it half made!

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 11 MN/USA NFD

Yesterday I did stay under 1200 cals. Did a Leslie Sansone walk (the 1 mile) and outdoor walk in afternoon of 2 miles. Today, I think I’ll use my energy cleaning house and washing windows. It must be done.

@dykask Thank You for the Dr. Fung link. Very good! Reminded me to get back onto watching his interviews and videos for motivation.

@linda.b Welcome back!

@daffodil2010 I hope you get that whoosh! They are so thrilling.

@flourbaby Enjoy your evening….be mindful, but enjoy….I’ll still be sending vibes of determination your way, and since it IS Friday, exercising that determination muscle for myself tonight. Easier for me because no spirits in the house and no plans on going out. Good luck.

@northgeorgia So funny, I had to have popcorn last night also! I microwave it in a small brown paper bag. Then I put melted Kerrygold butter on it, and salt, of course. It was a nice treat. Very satisfying. And stayed within 1200 for the day.

@songbirdme So great you are back to donating…..didn’t you have something that you had done last year that made you wait for awhile? I think it’s very healthy to donate. I’ve read that it stimulates your own stem cells and that is rejuvenating.

@stitchincarol So sorry for the loss of your sister’s OH. Alzheimer’s is such a tragic disease. I pray for you and family to find comfort and strength in the good memories you can cherish.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

@northerndawn – yes, I was told that my bone implant (for dental tooth implant) would defer my giving for a year. That had been in early February. Well, shore’nuff, they reduced that deferment to only 3 months, so called me to come back. And you’re so right, I do believe I am healthier because I give routinely.

Day 11 UK FD

Good FD today. Fasted till dinner again then small omelette and veg so a good day today!

Day 11 North Canton OMAD

@stitchincarol I have never donated before, and was really looking forward to it but they were running behind and I could only spare 30 minutes because of my busy schedule, once the time was up I had to go back to work. I will try again the next time they ask for volunteers. I am also really sorry for your loss; I am glad you had time to emotionally and mentally prepare

I met up with a dear friend for lunch and we shared a ribeye steak, and a blondie dessert and I had a glass of sangria. It was a very filling and enjoyable afternoon😋 I will log my calories in keeping with my new plan for accountability.

Have a good day everyone

Virginia, US Day 11

i had too much work yesterday and did not write anything here.
    i am doing okay. today is kind of FD – more that 500 cal, about 800 cal.
    No cycling class today, i had to take my car for inspection in the morning and missed the class. instead i am going to Centergy class! Oh! it is so good: – one hour is over very fast. there are 10 tracks/songs starting with the Focus track, then Sun salutation, Balance … i feel very good after class, there are few sessions free on YouTube. i used them at home when the health club was closed. My discovering of ‘Life experience’ – while i wiggle on one leg during balancing track, i think that i would quit this for sure back when i was a teenager, i cannot do it well. Now i am so glad that i practice balance and it does not matter how it looks.

@kazoo – thank you for your comment regarding Dr. Doug Lisle. i plan to follow the ‘calorie density’ theory till the end of the year. will see how it goes.
    have a good weekend everyone

Day 12 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well. I’m thinking about switching to fasting for two days in a row and then 5 NFDs. There seems to be a lot of possible health benefits around 58 hours of fasting, although I need to dig into that more. I’m sure it also varies a lot from person to person. There is talk about reduced blood glucose being the major factor. For most people we run out of stored glycogen in about 20 hours. After that the liver has to start producing glucose from other sources. (Gluconeogenesis) As this happens the body shifts more to using ketones for fuel which are derived from fat.

I actually have a few concerns.
    – For me, the second day of a water fast is much harder than the first day
    – I don’t see a big drop in blood glucose until 3rd or 4th day, it seems to vary. I’ve only fasted past 4 days a few times. I don’t know if that means my body is slower. However ketones increase more quickly than blood glucose drops.

At this point I’m fasting for health and of coarse it keeps the body weight down. So I’m just thinking about this.

Day 12, Emden Germany, LFD

I’m going for another LFD today, chicken broth is defrosted so nothing can go wrong, I think.

@daffodil2010 I hope that woosh will come, I never had one but it must be a motivation boost.

@stitchincarol I’m sorry to hear of the death your eldest sister’s DH, even if it was expected, it’s the loss of someone loved. Making a dress was fun, it won’t be the last one. My friend decided not to can the peaches, only 2,5 kg was left after the stones and bad parts got out so she made jam out of it. I agree with you that health is the main reason for losing weight, my intake on BP medication depends on my weight, I take less or no medication when I’m at a lower weight and eating healthier food. I feel and look best at my current weight with a BMI of ~ 22.5 but it’s not easy to maintain it.

@northgeorgia Well done on reaching 244 lbs! Lentils with spinach or a slice of rye bread with avocado, tomato and a poached egg on top.

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56 LFD

ZBC day 12
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30×5
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀

D12 NFD UK Lake District

Trying to get back on plan with a NFD today and tomorrow as planned then hopefully get back into fasting from Monday. I have been reading all the posts but just did not feel that I was ready to comment so I apologise if I have missed any that needed a reply to I will catch up.

You all seem to be pretty much on plan so have a good weekend everyone.

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

No Woosh as yet but I live in hope. I feel great though, full of energy, skin is clear, the cravings have gone. I am fairly constipated too (sorry for TMI) so this and the hunger probably all working together. I don’t know if it’s all the grounding I am sudðenly doing having this effect…….but despite it all I feel good.

Off to visit my 84 year old Dad now….going to put earthing patches on his hand and his foot to see if it gives him relief. While we do that we will drink tea and I have bought sugary apple turnovers to have with said cup of tea……so malice afore thought ☺️

Day 12, London, UK, LFD

Confession time, my Thai meal was lovely as always, but @northerndawn ……………………………….. Oops 🍷, your vibes must have been diverted elsewhere!!!! We shared a bottle and although I didn’t need it, I wanted it and I enjoyed it, back on the dry September wagon today!!!

@dykask, your scientific approach always fascinates me!! I look forward to hearing your results after the 5:2 experiment. Is it possible that your glucose levels aren’t very high anyway, so the drop is minimal?

The fires in the USA are scary, I hope our members across the pond are staying safe🙏!!

No doubt, it’ll be quiet here for the weekend, I hope everyone is staying mindful.

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56 LFD
    @flourbaby LFD

ZBC day 12
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby

Exercise 30×5
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @flourbaby

“Success doesn’t just find you. You have to go out and get it.”

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Nice — a post NFD weekend weigh-in at 245 lbs., mostly water retention weight, too!

My motivating tip today: Christmas paper-link garlands. I got this idea after watching a news segment about a child undergoing cancer treatment. He had to have several chemotherapies, and they put each date of chemo on a colorful paper link, each time he was in recovery, they all broke another link in the chain and celebrated. I thought if that brave kid has the strength to celebrate, I can do it over a hundred measly pounds. No, I haven’t put my full weight-loss goals on there, but I have created a garland (so far) down to 199 lbs., one of my major milestones I look forward to. I hang it in my closet.

Here’s how I do it: Take junk mail envelopes, newspapers, flyers, etc. I like to put blocks of weight in one type of color to make it more interesting (yellows, whites, blues, comic strips, etc.). Cut them into strips about 1″ wide and 4 to 5″ long. Use masking tape to link them together. With a dark marker, write down each pound or kilogram on the link. Hang somewhere you visit each day. Look over your weight loss records. If you haven’t hit that weight in two weeks, rip the link representing the weight off your garland. It’s nice to see it shorten!

Do you have any fun ideas to help motivate your weight loss journey?

Good luck to those on the Saturday pocket list! 😮

Day 12 Minnesota, USA MFD

I stayed under 700 cals yesterday, which means my average for the week is 883 cals/day. That wasn’t really planned, but I’m thinking I might as well go for another under 800 day to make a full week at about 800 cals daily. I had indulgences last weekend as it was a holiday weekend in US, so I’m hoping to get back on track to lose at least 4 pounds this month. Hopefully, I’ll lose more since I am aiming to be dry until October. It is really making fasting easier for me to swerve the alcohol.

@flourbaby I think I was using most of the vibes I should have been sending to you to stay strong, myself. When prepping dinner I was thinking how nice a glass of wine would be tasting. It took some determination not to open a nice red. Anyway, I’m glad you enjoyed your dinner and time out….you had already done 11 days or so, while I haven’t quite hit the one week mark, so no judgement from me! We will see how I do next weekend when I have a possible outing planned.

@snowflake56 You are doing so well to stay motivated in maintenance, better than I did in the long term, and here I am just wishing I was back at the BMI that you are at now! You’ve done well and will continue to do well, I’m sure.

@northgeorgia Congrats on that post NFD weight! You know that means next week is looking great!

Pocket list day 12
    @snowflake56 LFD
    @flourbaby LFD
    @northerndawn MFD

ZBC day 12
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5
    @snowflake56 🤸‍♀
    @flourbaby
    @northerndawn

Day 12 – UK

Hello everyone,

Well you can’t keep a warthog down for long!

Creature of habit, back in to see how things are going and an update for those that asked.

I wasn’t ‘leaving the forum’, just needed a break, had some not particularly good news first thing on Monday and had a lot to get my head around. The ‘phone call Tuesday wasn’t much better either!
    It wasn’t simply a recall to have the previous work redone, so was just having a break from my daily blethering. I do realise a lot of my forum friends understood and while thoughts and support are there it’s best left at that. But as someone said ‘you belong here’ but just at the time I was having a touch of the ‘grimms’.

Yesterday, 2 weeks on, same anaesthetics team, remembered me for some strange reason, so “extra portion of sleepy juice for you” …. still took ‘longer than average’to put me under! But was in surgery for a lot longer, so the extra dose was probably needed, this time under the top man, who had been to see me and explained what and why they were doing the procedures.

Top and bottom of it, very much better, sorted out a lot of concerns and a plan. They are moving at an incredible rate, family and a few close friends can’t believe the speed things are going!
    As for recovery, the inner warthog was again growling and prowling, having not been fed for 20 hours and no liquid either, other than from a bag.
    But don’t reccomend this for weight loss, I’ll stick to the 5:2 WOL, thank you.

However, home and taking it very easy, short wander around a couple of times today, pressure in neck is much less, can swallow again, feeling good and a lot more positive again.

Caught up via ‘phone to the kids and our friends, checked the greenhouse and more plans for spring planting and sowing. Glad I did the heavy lifting last week…..

Recorded my rugby programme, so going to sit here with my feet up and chill…. my only moan ….. no beers while watching the rugby (or for a few days yet)

Thanks for the thoughts and hope everyone keeping safe and well.

Take care all.

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

I was startled to find the scales down a bit more this morning. Clearly, eating only in the five-hour window works as long as I don’t go nuts with how much and what I eat. I was looking in my closet for what I’ll wear for my BIL’s funeral and found an appropriate black dress. Its fit is acceptable, but would be far better with five additional pounds off me. That won’t happen by the service on 9/25, but perhaps three?? It’s ironic to me: the only other time I wore that dress was for my mom’s funeral in March 2015; this funeral on 9/25 would be her 102nd birthday.

Thanks so much, @northerndawn, @basyjames, @snowflake56, and anyone else who thought them but didn’t write them (as I’ve often done) for the condolences.
    @basyjames, just for the record, I’m fairly certain they wouldn’t have let you donate given how lousy you felt the day before; you really need to feel FINE to donate without having any side effects. At this point, try finding a local drive, and especially a SMALL local drive, because the wait times are shorter for little drives (like mine). Plus, the Red Cross isn’t currently accepting walk-ins; you need to have an appointment so that there aren’t lots of people gathered next to each other waiting. You can go to redcrossblood.org to find a drive, and then just get onto the schedule regularly; before you’re done, schedule an appointment for the next drive. (Says the long-time coordinator of blood drives, LOL.) And your lunch sounds lovely!
    @i-hate-lettuce, so very, very wonderful to hear from you, and I’m so glad this second surgery seems to have had better results and that you’re feeling a smidge less of the grimms! Prayers for your healing continuing!

My usual piano lesson for today, where I drive into Omaha to teach, is cancelled, so I have the whole day at home to myself. I have all sorts of plans for what I’ll accomplish and for what I won’t do (eating, LOL!). I hope you all have great days and evenings with whatever is on your agenda!

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

It’s hard to have a fall Saturday without ILLINOIS football. Our conference, the Big Ten, has decided not to play (along with one other major conference, the PAC 12) so DH and I are bummed. We met at Illinois back in the late ’60’s.

@i-hate-lettuce – glad you get to watch some rugby! Glad to see you posting, and yes, you know how understanding our membership really is.

@stitchincarol – it’s always hard to remember our folks, isn’t it? I lost both of mine in 2009 just a few months apart. Dad was 92 and Mom 87. But small victory getting to wear the same black dress for your BIL might be heartwarming? Hugs to you over in Corny Nebraska. I also had piano lessons cancelled on Friday – 3 kids were sick with colds. So after giving my pint of blood, I got to come home and rest well.

DH and I watched a very interesting 4 hour show all about Frank Sinatra. They just don’t make singers like him any more. (Harry Connick tried, did fairly well….)

Some good low calorie recipes here: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/15-five-ingredient-dishes-under-350-calories/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MFP_NewNormalBlog_20200912_14day&utm_content=hero

Onward and downward.

Day 12 – Second Post

@songbirdme, yes it is tough to remember my mom (Daddy died in ’67, so I remember him little), and yet the older I get, the more respect I have for Mom, and wish I could tell her so. <3

In case anyone wants to join me in my quest to lose weight but especially size in my midsection/hips, I came across this 7 minutes in 7 days YouTube video and am committing to do it for a week. Wanna join me and we can compare results??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL_dE81O_mw

Day 12 Canada NFD
    It’s been another busy week. I haven’t contributed much at all but love reading your posts throughout the day 😊

Day 12 – THIRD post

@songbirdme, I just heard that the Big10 is voting sometime in the next 72 hours about a return to play. Whoot, whooot, whooot!!!!!

(for the majority of you who do not understand, Nebraska’s University of Nebraska, the Cornhuskers, is also in the Big10, and those of us in Nebraska are horrified and broken hearted that there’s no college football)

Whoot, whoot, whoot!!!!! FINGERS CROSSED FOR A RETURN TO PLAY!!!!!

🙂

@stitchincarol – yes, we also heard they were voting and could possibly begin Big 10 play, fingers crossed for sure! Fall is just not the same without our college football. Who really cared about Notre Dame and Duke today??!!

I looked at the 7 minute workout, and much to my happiness, we do many of those same moves in our Silver Sneakers class. Perhaps not that many reps, or with the same intensity, but also still good for the torso. We work a lot on balance as well, especially for our demographic who may tend to fall. Some of those moves in the YouTube seem to work on balance.

Day 13, Emden Germany, NFD

It’s going to be a beautiful sunny day here so ideal for working in the garden, weeding is on my list today, my DH plans working on the new fence.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m so glad you’re back with us again and sounding positive again.

@northgeorgia I love the garland idea but don’t want to lose much more weight, perhaps a few pounds.

@northerndawn Yes, I’m doing well at the moment. A few years back I was in maintenance for 18 months and then lost it and gained a lot. I don’t want it to happen again so I have to find things that motivate me. I tried on rings yesterday and some of them are still too tight on my finger. My next goal is to be able to wear them again.

@stitchincarol I watched the video but I can’t do the jumping up and down, it puts to much pressure on my ancles. I’m afraid I’ll have to skip that challenge.

Not much lists for me today, only the ZBC.

ZBC day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 13 – UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

Funny what inspires you isn’t it? Quite a few years ago I played rugby, was reasonably good, got to county level, (just) but was pretty strong and very fit. So that’s where I get my interest from.
    Wind forwards some 40 years, the guys these days are incredibly strong and fit, even at club level, the top players really are athletes, not going for a pint or three after training for them. Particularly at the moment where the Premiership teams are ‘catching up’ playing 2 or even 3 games a week to get through postponed fixtures. They do rest players from the squad, but that still a punishing schedule.

@stitchincarol – Great to hear your sports are returning as well, weird watching the matches on TV without a crowd cheering them on though!

Couple of decent nights sleep and I feel I’m heading in the right direction or at least getting my head on straight. Had a good discussion regarding what is likely to come, so preparing myself for my next ‘fixture’ if you will. This 5:2 WOL came up in conversation as my weigh loss is well documented, medics very impressed, but warn against trying to hard at the moment, but they quickly realised I already have a plan in mind. Including a bit of indoors exercise if the weather goes inclement, back to core strength and bendy stretchy stuff I haven’t done in years!

Had a couple of short walks yesterday, going to do the same again today, pacing myself a bit better than last time round! Older but not always wiser!
    Although I did the heavier work in the garden last week, so can spend some time just bimbling around and cut back some plants in preparation for transplanting next month.

Take care all.

D13 NFD UK Lake District

Stomach really settled down now can’t believe how long it has taken so a NFD for me today and I will be joining the ZBC and the exercise pocket list. F800 tomorrow.

@snowflake56 Enjoy your garden.

@i hate lettuce Glad you are back posting. I did miss my early morning gardening fix.

ZBC day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Exercise 30×5 day 13
    @kazoo

Happy Sunday.

Day 13 OMAD Rome

OMAD still going fine, but too many beers and spritzes have put lbs back on my tummy. I’m just hanging on until I get back home. Mr IHL – glad to see you back.

Day 13 UK NFD

So had a couple of days off and generally relaxed on things this week , delighted to see I’ve held steady Planning big push next week I’ve been doing a lot of ab Pilates recently and seeing a very slow change so I’ll join you next week @stitchincarol

See you all Monday – I’ll be in every list going 💪

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to church shortly – playing piano and singing today.

Can’t say that green peppers are my favorite veggie, but to appease DH I made stuffed peppers yesterday. They turned out wonderfully, and the peppers were done to perfection, if I do say so myself. I used a Schwan’s orzo/quinoa/veg mixture instead of rice. There are good leftovers in the fridge! (Schwan’s is a home delivery of frozen food service.)

Onward and downward.

Day 13 Minnesota, USA NFD

Well, I couldn’t quite stay under 800 calories yesterday so the average for last week, according to the calorie tracker, was 891/day. I would expect to see some results in the next week if I don’t go overboard on any of my NFDs.
    Today planning the weekly get together/BBQ with DD and her family. Steaks, hamburgers, and grilled sweet corn, berries and nuts for the little girls snacks prior to the main meal, and s’mores for them as dessert. They love toasting the marshmallows over the open fire in the fire pit.

@i-hate-lettuce Glad you’re back to posting…I’m really considering getting a couple air pots for next spring……you said you water twice a day……is that required? Or can you get by with once a day or less? Sometimes we aren’t here to attend to plants daily. Anyway, if Covid is under control next year we are hoping to get back to some day trips.

@stitchincarol I’m thinking the 7 day work out might be doable for me with some modifications…..I’m having a knee and hip issue at the moment with my excess weight, and I will try some of those moves in a less intense manner and see how it goes. Always fun to do a variety of things. Leslie really gets my heart rate up and I feel pretty “worked out” after doing her videos, then adding an out-of-doors walk around my hilly neighborhood.

@kazoo Glad you are feeling better. See you on the lists tomorrow.

@snowflake56 Have fun in the garden! It’s such good and lovely exercise.

ZBC day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5 day 13
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn

Have a pleasant Sunday, everyone!

Day 13 Canada NFD

The smoke from the US fire has blanketed us so it will be an indoor day. It is so sad to see the devastation they are causing.

An okay week last week and am holding ground weight wise. Work is too busy at the moment to feel like I can give this WOL my full attention, I have a few days off soon and might get away for a break. The great thing is that I am not at all worried about failing or doing well, it is all part of making this work long term.

@i-hate-lettuce I am so glad you are heading in a positive direction. Sounds like pacing yourself is a good idea.

Enjoy your weekend, I do love Sunday’s

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Mid-month is just a few days away. Today’s question: How is your Salubrious September going so far?

I’ve had a few setbacks, so for me, it’s been a slow September, but I remain hopeful to reach my 242 lb goal by the end of the month (three pounds away). For now, I continue to dance the night away at The 240s Club. The DJ is in full swing! Must be careful not to overdo and regret my time spent at the club the next morning! I know they’ll be locking the doors and kicking us out by dawn, so I need to make progress before then. I wonder where the next destination will be? (A little metaphoric fun helps me remember I’m a visitor at this weight level, not a resident!)

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists this Sunday!

ZBC day 13
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5 day 13
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn

Day 12 UK NFD
    Day 13 UK NFD

Relaxing a bit on the fasting over the weekend and will get back to my usual 5 day OMAD fast tomorrow. It may not work well every day but at least if the motivation is there I feel I’m having some measure of control. I can’t believe I’ve been trying to lose ( and then gained back) the same 3 pounds for 3 months!
    Decided to commit to a “Leslie walk” every day to try to boost my weight loss and motivation. Did the 3 mile in 45 minutes one this morning and managed fine.

Lovely to see you back on the forum @ihate lettuce and hope treatments are going well.

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

@songbirdme, you played piano and sang for church; I played organ! (Also sang, but I’m thinking you meant a solo, and I just sang along with the congregation.) We had a simple brunch and are hanging out now. Haven’t heard yet whether Big10 football (for @songbirdme‘s Illinois team, my Nebraska Cornhuskers, and others) is going to play or not…impatiently waiting to hear and hoping for a yes.

Can’t do my 7 minutes waist/ab workout just now as there’s only space in front of the living room TV and not only does it have on a Packers/Vikings game at the moment, I’m not interested in doing that in front of husband, son, and great-nephew, LOL! But there are still plenty of hours left for that yet today, and I know SOMETHING is happening, because my muscles in my midsection were a smidge sore this morning.

So I’ll just do some embroidery, or perhaps read a book and enjoy this lovely sunny Sunday. Catch you all tomorrow!

@stitchincarol – I did sing one opening verse of a song as a solo. We use quite a few Sovereign Grace songs, and this was it. Very meaningful: https://sovereigngracemusic.org/music/songs/show-us-christ/

Day 13 – Second post

@songbirdme, BIG10, OCTOBER 17!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to the rest of you for indulging our excitement, LOL!

Day 14 FD Country West Australia

Day 14, NFD, Aus

Still away with work so this, for me, is being a Stagnant September. Which should mean I’ll have an Outstanding October.

Good to see you back Mr IHL.

Virginia, US day 13
    i see the post from Australia on day 14, i am still in day 13.
    i had a good weekend, watched very cool jazz documentary from 1958 :
    great music, everyone smokes like no tomorrow, cool clothes and sunglasses.

i was just thinking that it is almost half September is gone, then saw @northgeorgia note saying the same.
    i will step on the scale in the end of the month, so far i have been exercising every day and eating vegan avoiding nuts and oil.

Oh, @stitchincarol midsection challenge reminded me a hula hoop challenge here on this thread couple years ago. @dykask wrote that she could not join the challenge because her apartment in Tokyo was too small to spin the hoop. i thought it was funny and cute.
    good night to all

Day 14 – Japan – WFD #73

With the pandemic, I’m not missing many fast days due to travelling!

On Friday I hurt my right hip while running. Nothing serious, just need to let it heal. After skipping the weekend for exercising I did about 1/3 of a workout today. So far so good. Just some stairs and mostly push ups. I tend to avoid things like push ups while fasting, but have never noticed any harm from them. It is all the fear mongering around protein I guess.

Exercise has many benefits, but for the most part, weight loss isn’t really one of them. It seems to be pushed that way, but it is probably mostly from people that don’t exercise much. As you have less fat and more lean body mass, the scale tends to show more weight. Fat is dry and fluffy compared to muscle. Still that isn’t a reason not to exercise.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 549 total)

You must be logged in to reply.