September 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 544 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 545 total)

• Day 9, VA, USA, FD

Helloooooooo! I’m back, was gone for 3 weeks cross country road trip. Did not fast (like I thought I would) <arm crossed> but I did manage better choices and OMAD for about a third of my days on vacation. <throwing hands up> no tooooo bad.

I had no scale with me (which I guess thinking about it, I could have brought it and just slid it under the bed thats in the van.) However it was a good lesson to see what does happen with i’m not fully watching my Ps and Qs.

My loss for the month .2 lbs *ha – considering I had no fasting days I’ll take it.

Today first fasting day in 3 weeks! I can feel the burn…. must drink more water!

Need that Pocket list today!

Day 9 – Monday Pocket list
    @penz
    @matpi
    @lilymartin
    @neilithicman
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @rabbette

USA Day 9 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@penz
    @matpi
    @lilymartin
    @neilithicman
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @rabbette
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 9
    Florida

Adding my name to the pocket list. So far so good.

@penz
    @matpi
    @lilymartin
    @neilithicman
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @rabbette
    @ccco
    @westerman

Day 9- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Day 9 second post

@jaifaim so sorry to hear about your dad. You have a really heavy load at the moment, go gently. Take time to look after yourself when you can… small breathing sapces can make all the difference. Hopefully there will be some less carby things in the next few days xx

Day 10. Aus, NFD

I was anticipating relishing that PFDS (that’s post-FD smugness) but the scales showed me UP another kilo. I don’t usually weigh in on a Tues morning so I’m going to firmly ignore that result. Still. It’s hard to stay motivated.

I have a work lunch on Thursday so I will have an out of cycle FD on Wednesday. Might see if I can retain some semblance of normalcy and make Thursday a OMAD.

Thinking of you and your friend @michelinme. And you and your family, @jaifaim. Difficult times for you all – 5:2 is important, but you are more so, so be kind to yourselves.

Nice of you to drop in @EmmaTaylor, especially on holiday!

USA Day 9 TDEE

The day started out as a FD but ended up at TDEE! Well, tomorrow is another day! It could have been worse! LOL

Have a great evening/night, everybody!

Day 11 – New Zealand – FD

Unsuccessful fast day yesterday. Work was super stressful and then I had numerous other things to take care of after work, Organising things for my renovations, school admission interview for my youngest son, dropping him to his sports, cooking dinner and then picking him up from sports. By the time I got a chance to sit down and take a rest it was after 8pm and I had been on the go constantly for almost 14 hours. I’m sorry to say that I stress ate on sugar and went well over the 800 calories I usually eat on fast days which also broke my no added sugar goal well and truly. I had a whole bowl of ice-cream and 3 or 4 pieces of the marshmallow chocolate chip rice bubble square that I had made for my kids lunches.

Today has been better in terms of workload and eating so far. I’ve only had a small handful of almonds so I’m going to try to have an extra low fast day today to try and minimise the damage done yesterday before tomorrow’s weigh-in.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 11 country West Australia
    yesterday’s FD wasn’t – so having one today.
    Home alone and find it easier to fast when not having to cook.
    Plenty of housework, gardening, office work to keep me busy and stop me thinking of food.
    @jai faim, so sorry to hear about issues with your parents. We went through similar with my parents and now my inlaws currently.
    It’s difficult but worthwhile. Thinking of you👨‍👩‍👧
    @emma Taylor, enjoy Crete – very envious!😎
    @penz, must be the day for unkind scales. I am also up after being fairly restrained but am NOT going to give up like last time. Looking forward to the PFDS on Saturday! ( Scales currently superglued on a number they steadfastly REFUSE to shift from)!😖
    @michelinme – sorry to hear about your friend. Hope all is OK?
    @rabbette, so good to hear from you!😁

Day 9 Ohio, US — MFD

The MFD has gone well, but I’m getting quite tired, so this will have to be a short one.

@neilithicman Sounds like a marathon day. Perhaps even though you didn’t do a usual fast, maybe with all the running around, you did at least a 16:8? Although the 16 hours are usually at night, it could also be during the day!

@rabbette Sounds like you had a fun trip! It also sounds like you did a form of intermittent fasting with your OMADS.

Have a great day everyone!

Day 9 California NFD

Welcome back @rabbette. To @jaifaim I’m very sorry about the bad news on your father. – sending a 🤗. And sending another one to you @michelinme for the news about your friend.

Day 10, Emden Germany, FD800

@betsylee it’s probably just water weight but it’s going in the right direction.

@rabbette nice to have you with us again!

@michelinme sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs x

@jaifaim it must be hard to cope with all this, don’t forget to take care of yourself. Hugs x

@emma-taylor enjoy your stay!

Pocket list day 10, I hope I got it right

@neilithicman
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 10 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It IS day 10 isn’t it? Our friends in the Southern Hemisphere have skipped a day and got me confused 😆😆. Mind you, with my imminent trip looming I wouldn’t mind skipping a day 😄

Great FD yesterday, and to be honest, I felt a whoosh coming on, awake a lot of the night using the loo, blame it on the full moon or whatever, but a whopping 4lbs overnight!! At lower end of plateau…..what will today bring?

Busy getting van ready for the trip. Tonight I am going to try on my beach/summer clothes that have not been aired since this time last year. Hoping they hang well after my months of shred 👍

While I definitely have the beginnings of a six pack going on (and believe me I am in shock at that never before seen phenomenon on me!!), I have troublesome midriff flab that is hanging about. Any idea how to shift it?

@jaifaim so sorry to hear of your poor Dad and also your Mum. It’s trying times, do take time for yourself though as your health is important.

Welcome back @rabbette….now you have given me the idea to bring my scales with me too. There is room for it and it might put a halt to my gallop whilst on holiday? I do not want to come back 10lbs heavier AGAIN

I have put today as an NFD but maybe another FD might be on the cards. However, as I did not sleep well, despite cashews and MO (blaming the full moon) tiredness may knock my FD plans, so going gently. Nothing until lunch, it will be the evening where decision will be made.

So have a great Tuesday everyone.

Day 10 – Japan – NFD

My water fast was easy. There was a lot more damage from the typhoon on Sunday night than I realized. For example more than 9000 people ended up stranded at Narita airport because roads and trains were shutdown. Wow I was lucky to miss that mess but I feel for those that didn’t!

Day 10 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Had a reasonable CD yesterday despite a meal out. Went for fish and veg, and it was a little oily, but otherwise it was OMAD so think I was firmly under TDEE.

FD today has been a bit challenging, but it’s almost 5:30pm so will be able to easily finish up the day under 600cal (which is my aim when I fast after a gym session in the morning).

@michelinme so sorry to hear the news of your friend, hope she recovers quickly *hugs*

@jaifaim such terrible news about the health of your parents. Stay strong xx

@rabbette welcome back! Impressed with your OMAD and loss over the holiday, awesome work.

@penz damn those pesky scales not cooperating!!

Pocket List Day 10:
    @snowflake56
    @gretta

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket List Day 10:
    @snowflake56
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

Back into the swing of things today hopefully, I need to see some scale results to boost my resolve. I’m keeping everything crossed and plan to guzzle lots of water to force a whoosh!!! @daffodil2010, congrats on yours, I could do with a 10lb whoosh ………… I think it’s possible, isn’t it?!!

@jaifaim, I’m sorry to hear the news hasn’t been great for your dad, I hope he gets home to your mum soon, don’t forget to take care of yourself too!!

@emma taylor, I desperately want to ask what you’re eating ………………. But I daren’t!!!!! ………………….. Enjoy your time away, fabulous food is allowed on holiday!!! Fasting can wait ‘til you get home!!

Welcome back @rabbette, you’ve certainly had some brain re-training if your choices have led to a loss without fasting, well done!!!

Soup and salad planned for the week, NO airy-fairy Wotsits, NO cashews (sleep, be damned!!) NO cheeky mocha’s, just peppermint tea and water ………….. & absolutely, positively certainly NO booze!!!

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman

Day 10. Chania, Crete. NFD
    I won’t tell you what we are eating but it’s all been fantastic. However, this isn’t a complaint, but portions are huge here. We ordered 4 cheap ( that’s what fooled us) dishes last night – which sounded like salads and snacks, and got a massive, wonderful banquet. I had a really bad night, felt stuffed because we tried, and failed, to finish it, and have decided not to eat today! All I can say is, if you’ve never been to Crete, come, because it’s amazing, but order half, or less, than you’d order at home. I feel like a heffalump today.

Day TEN! – New Zealand – FD

Whoops, yes it looks like it was me that was jumping the gun on the days, subconsciously trying to hurry up my holiday to Fiji probably. Had a good fast day, just a handful of nuts, a 2-egg ham and cheese omelette and a some vegetables today. I had a sneaky weigh on the scales at the gym today and it looks like I may be down a bit this week judging from what their scales usually show compared to ours, but I’ll find out tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone

Day 10 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – NFD

Quick post for accountability – following my indulgent weekend away in Ireland ( I had such a lovely time!) I really could do with today being a FD, however I am meeting a couple of old friends tonight for a few drinks and as we get together very infrequently I’ve decided to go with it and enjoy a tipple with them. It will be followed by B2B FDs in an attempt to regain some lost ground and to reinforce that this is NOT a short term fix, I am in this for the long haul and I just have to take this one on the chin and keep on keeping on….

I will have to read up on everyone’s posts later but I hope everyone is happy and making progress – however slow, progress is progress.

Sending good vibes and strength to everyone fasting today!

Day 10- Atlanta, GA- USA- FD Let’s try this again!!

day 10 Holland FD
    Hi everyone so many texts! I have read them there is SUCH a lot going on I can hardly keep up.
    Sorry to hear about Japan, glad you are OK, all the Holidays and dinners out sounds lovely – and dangerous,
    just had to mention I lost 5cm off my waist, really pleased,
    ashtanga and yoga flow and a sauna this morning, feel great,
    now to get down to the housework before getting on with my portrait painting.
    must dash
    speak to you all tomorrow

Day 10, VA, USA, FD B2B

Yesterday – could feel the struggle (in my mind which then translated into my body) about fasting. Also since I only drank 1.5 canisters of my water (usually 3+ on a Fasting day) I could tell that it was a struggle and while I knew I needed to drink MORE water my body was so resistant.

Tricks I used to get me through
    Drank miso broth for lunch (that gave me an extra boost to drink more water funny enough)

Soup for dinner (my simple soup) Broth and fresh cut veggies – what ever is on hand, yesterday was carrots, onion, celery, peas.

This morning scales are down -1 lb.

I feel re-inspired to continue my 3 to 4 Day B2B FDs which is what I was doing before I left.

@jaifaim – Hugs to you and your family. I have found this WOL grounding. I too used to struggle with the easy foods that are ready to eat – however, I have used a trick and replaced some of those easy snacks with keeping carrots in the fridge and then (freshly cut 1 or 2 when ever I’m feeling like eating snacks)

@penz – you gave me a good smirk over PFDS, I too get all excited about the scales, but I will say sometimes Mr. Particular (my scales name) doesn’t always throw me a bone. Nope especially if hormones are involved, however I have noticed a trend… that if I have a non-loss after a FD usually a whoosh (a 1 or 2 lb loss) is on its way in the next week. Keep on going you can do it.

@lilymartin, @rafiki44, @snowflake56 – great to read about all you guys again.

@matpi @flourbaby – It was good to “FEEL” when needing to eat, or feel the few times I over indulged slightly (dinner at a restaurant on the road and have no place to store leftovers, but too good to stop with 5 bites left) never knew 5 bites more could have me feeling so much more full. However as the upside, I wouldn’t be hungry again until dinner, so I found as long as I was “listening” I could eat without getting stressed over not being in my regular FD routine. @daffodil2010 I think if I did have the scale it would help me stay a bit more in the mindset… However as I was explaining up above I did try and “listen” a bit more, which is super challenging for me. ((( I did pack 3 baggies of fresh cut carrots ))) which ended up being one of my favorite snacks *especially with these awesome single serving “Wholly Guacamole” I found. Good fats and fiber.

@gretta – It wasn’t much of a loss, but hey I’m happy it wasn’t a gain. I mean I’ve done this trip before 2 years ago and 3 weeks was a Ten Pound Gain last time. So I call it a win all the way around!

Pocket List Day 10:
    @snowflake56
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @neilithicman
    @therealwil78
    @lizzy agatha
    @rabbette

((Added some of you that listed your status as FD)) Lets do this!

Day 10 UK CD

Thank you for your kind messages about my friend @penz @lilymartin @rafiki44 @snowflake56 @gretta Sadly her progrnosis is not looking good. I lost yesterday to stunnedness and am trying to get some small things done today so I’m more organised and less freefall

I’ll aim to eat and drink more mindfully today after forgetting both yesterday. Tomorrow I’ve a long-planned daytrip to the Isle of Wight with an old friend – my favourite day out from London. We’re taking packed lunch and will have tea out; if I stick to my usual gluten-free vegan it’s easier to resist temptation.

Whatever the day brings, go gently

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in – hope to catch up with peeps later on. Sounds like some are struggling for various reasons. Hang in there – people here care about you.

Onward and downward.

Day 10 Canada FD

Hitting the focus button hard today, I haven’t been able to get into the groove yet. I can do it, we can do it 🙂

Day 11 – New Zealand – NFD

Oh man! Weigh in today and I dropped a whopping 1.6 kilograms. Tipping the scales at just 92.7 kilos. I was only aiming for 92.5 by the end of September so it looks like that won’t be a problem. It’s hard for me to believe that I was 132 kilos just over 8 months ago.

Have a great day everyone

Day 11 – Australia – NFD
    Very sad anniversary today. My cousin in New York lost two very dear friends 18 years ago today. Although time has passed, the losses are still keenly felt.
    @neilithicman congratulations on reaching your September goal so early! What an amazing result in eight months.
    I’m sitting on my little plateau, looking for a way down.
    Huge hugs to all those dealing with pain in your lives right now.

Day 10 Ohio, US — NFD (62 bites)

The NFD went well with me staying within the targets for each meal. Using the bites as a measure really helped today, since the day was one continual stream of activities from 7:30 this morning till 8:30 this evening. As a result, most of my meals were eaten away from home. Also as a result, I’m really tired now.

@winsome waif My deepest sympathies with your friends and all those who lost loved ones on that day. It has surprised me that in the US newspapers and some British papers very little has been said in commemoration of the day. Maybe stories will show up in the online editions later on.

Have a peaceful day all!

Day 10 California FD

Health check in #1 – I went for my eye exam and one of my eyes has improved since last year! I’ve heard that can happen with fasting but it’s exciting to experience!

Congratulations @neilithicman on your great weight loss and almost reaching your September goal already. Also @rabbette and @daffodil2010.

@bellyblast I am struggling with the knowledge that there is a small piece of salted Carmel cheesecake in the fridge 😬

Luckily before finishing this post I had to ask my DH a work question and as he explained it to me he ate the cheesecake 😅

@rafiki44 – Not all heroes wear capes 😉

Day 11, Aus, FD

Thinking of all those affected by the events of 9/11 that still have repercussions around the world.

FD today for me and so far going well. Helps that I’ve had a busy day in the office!

Welcome back @rabbette! Another name I’ve been missing is @rainbowsmile.

And thanks for the laugh, @rafiki44. No temptation left for you!

Day 11 pocket list (I’ll need it tonight, Wednesdays not being my normal routine):

@penz

Day 11, Emden Germany, FD

no FD800 yesterday so I’ll try again today.

@daffodil2010 congrats on the whoosh!

Day 11 pocket list

@penz
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday was a good controlled day, today is my last FD before my holidays, and I am teetering right on the very edge of the plateau …..only one more ounce or a couple of gram would have me off the 9 month same old same old weight. Please please let today be a good one and tomorrow be a happy day 👍

Interesting fact is that I finished the Shred last week, and whilst still exercising and stretching and doing crunches, it’s not HIIT…..and now the weight is going!! 🤔🤔🤔

Tried on my summer wear for Spain and although heavier than last year they all fit. Well!! Yay!!!!

Really enjoying my new job, the team are great, you know what…….? all
    is truly well with my world right now. Positive vibes abound 😀😀

Thanks @snowflake56, @rafiki44, @flourbaby for your kind thoughts on my whoosh. Hoping for more of the same! I have reached and surpassed Sept goal BUT I need to ensure that I don’t surpass Sept goal in the opposite direction at the end of the month, so @rabbette, because I can, I am for sure taking that scales with me.

Have a great Wednesday, cue @funshipfreddie with Hump Day camels 😄😄

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Good FD yesterday, and still bang on target. Disappointed with the latest news re artificially sweetened soda. Apparently there are all kinds of health risks with just two drinks per day; I can easily get through a 1.5 litre bottle of diet coke. It really helps me through FDs, but I guess I should stick to sparkling water. I’ve cut the coffee/tea sweetener to just one tiny pill 😳

18 years since 9/11?! Doesn’t seem possible. I think everyone remembers where they were & what they were doing when they heard the horrific news.

@neilithicman – wow?! Great job!👏

@daffodil2010 – good luck getting off that plateau!🥊

And a Happy Hump Day to all! 🐪🐫

Day 11 – Pocket List
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 11 UK FD

Wow some great results – very inspiring and great to see @rabbette back -I always look forward to her posts

Onwards xx

Day 11, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

So yesterdays’ FD turned into ……………. Wait for it ………….………….. a regular FD of 506 kcals!!!!! It’s been a while and I can hear rapturous applause and cheering, and I can see the ticker tape as I raise my arms and receive the plaudits in acknowledgement of actually completing a regular FD!!!! Can you tell just how chuffed I am??? There is no upper limit of 800kcals where I’m concerned, I’ve gone back to basics 500kcals and that’s that!!!

@neilithicman, your 8 month results are astonishing, congratulations!!! Did you ever get derailed on your journey? I’ve chucked myself off of the wagon sooooo many times (I always get back on though, as there’re too many people here dragging me back onboard!!) Half the battle is actually sticking to the plan, it works so the results are inevitable, your results show what can be achieved if you apply yourself!!!

Happy fasting folks, today WILL be a good fasting day!!!

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

day 10 Holland FD
    for the first time I am doing really wel with a fast day!

@funshipfreddie .. important – all those fake sweetners are really bad for you especially aspartaam, what you can do is make your own ‘soda’ with a soda maker, fruit juices and STEVIA liquid, stevia is a plant, and super sweet and totally natural and contains NO calories..I use it a lot and it grows in my garden.
    see if you can get this where you are

@flourbaby seriously well done applause!!! applause!!

@neilithicman Seriously well done you- I hope for such results…

Day 11 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Oh man! how easy it is to go from hero to zero in 5 days 🙁
    It has been way too easy for me to slip back into the bad habits I have tried so hard to shake over the last couple of months. I was doing so well and I suddenly feel like I have just lost my way.
    Soooo……enough of the self pity, how to set myself right? back to 5:2 basics for me today, drawing that famous line and digging in for a much needed FD today – and tomorrow too. I guess you could say I’m ‘In Recovery’ 😉
    The Hunger Monster and the Mind Monster are lurking today, trying to drown them in black coffee and water.

On a positive note, I met with friends I hadn’t seen for awhile at the weekend and both noted my weight loss and thought I ‘looked great’, hanging onto that, there can be no going back…..

Sending positive, togetherness vibes to anyone sharing the struggle with me today! Here’s to a successful day…..

Happy FD Fasters!

Day 11 – Pocket List
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @yo-yo

day 11 – New Zealand – NFD

@flourbaby – I had one week where I gained weight, that was due to one bingey cards night with friends where I pigged out on chips, fizzy, and lollies all night. But the rest have been steadily down. I guess I’ve just found something that works for my body type, even the occasional day of overeating or extra sugar consumption has not affected the progress. I’ve struggled with my weight all my life and this has been the only thing that has worked to get it off.

Day 11 – 2nd post.

@lizzy-agatha – we’re on day 11 now, even in Holland!😅. I put you on the Pocket List. I knew about aspartame being bad for you; but then it seems to change from one month to the next as to just how bad. I’m secretly hoping they’ll eventually decide that sucralose is actually full of antioxidants and can stimulate new hair growth🤨 As for making my own soda, er, won’t happen. I’m way too lazy. But we have a ‘Simple Truth’ brand of sparkling water, with all natural ingredients. So I’ve got no excuse! I really should try the Stevia again too.

If anyone is confused by the post from @neilithicman – ‘lollies’ is Kiwi for candy, or sweets 🍭🍬🍫

Day 11 – Pocket List
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @lizzy-agatha
    @yo-yo

Day 10 NFD
    Day 11 – Ireland – FD
    Hi all, .thanks so much for your kind thoughts. this is a tough time and a bit of an annual horribilus for me… what I’ve learned is that no matter how bad things seem … they can always get worse – I don’t mean this in a negative way at all but it’s just things you think are terrible are put into perspective when other “worse” things come along… excuse my English there!! 😂
    You are all such a support when things are tough … a lot of what I have shared here I have not shared with some of my closest pals… I just don’t want to talk about it all the time and I also don’t want to feel like I need to update people with new information as it comes …only a few know just how bad dad is or about my relationship problems earlier in the year (still working things through here and my OH is a real rock right now 💕). People always want to help with opinions, thoughts etc and honestly I can’t deal with that right now..Thank you all so much! 🙏
    @michelinme I am so sad for you too at the moment… sending you hugs 🤗
    I hope you have a fab day on the Isle of Wight!! I love it there!! Recently discovered the island actually as we brought my MIL over recently for a day trip for her birthday and thought it would be great to go back with the bikes (the road surface is amazing) so cycled over from Lymington and spent three days cycling the island…wow it’s hilly!!! But so beautiful! Where do you trip to? We stayed on the cliffs above Shanklin 💕
    @daffodil2010 it’s good to hear that life is good! You’ve had a difficult time recently so it’s nice to hear that things are going well particularly with work and ahead of your trip… very exciting times 😁
    Well done to those of you who are focused now… it seems like September has been a reset month for many!! And for those who are struggling … you’ll get there… just keep putting one foot in front of the other 🚶‍♀️
    Oh… just thinking back to those names from three years ago.. I joined in 2017 but remember some of the names from your list I always thought @simoecluv was an admin on the page but may have been wrong on that… 🙄
    Thank you all so much again ♥️

Pocket list for today:

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @lizzy-agatha
    @yo-yo Fletch
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 11 USA (ILlinois) NFD

Yesterday ended up being a FD800 for me, and glad for it. I need those fairly often.

Yes, lots of memories of 18 years ago. I was most concerned for NYC as son lived there, and I knew he was “temping” someplace that turned out to be quite a distance from the World Trade Center. But he did see the 2nd plane come past where he was (40th floor of a building near the Empire State Building). They thought it might be a fire department plane to help put out the fire they heard of, and saw smoke from, that the 1st plane created. I will try to talk to son today… lots of family memories of that day.

@yo-yo_fletch — isn’t it amazing how compliments from others help keep us in this WOL? I know it certainly has for me. Congrats on your great progress!

@rabette – welcome back. Glad you had a great cross-country trip!

Onward and downward.

Day 11, Melb Aust (end of day)

Just checking in. Going okay, but not starring. Felt really tired this week, then realised that my “voice” was a croak, sounded more like a frog! Didn’t actually feel ill, but must have been. Well, improving now.

@FUNSHIP FREDDIE, lollies in Australia, too. I thought the word meaning came from the U.K. (any comments, U.K.-ites?).

Sorry to read of your sad news and struggles, @michelinme and @jaifaim.

Keep on keeping on, everyone!

Day 11 – 3rd Post

@betsylee – In the UK ‘lolly’ is short for lollipop, which is a sweet/candy on a stick. Eg ‘ice lolly’ is an icecream on a stick. I’m a Brit too; or at least I was for the first half of my life. I still have to watch Corrie; sad but true 😳 Another odd Kiwi/Aussie expression I heard is ‘pokies’ – for slot machines!

Day 11 Canada NFD

Yesterday’s FD wasn’t all that successful, I am going to try and figure this out! Finally tried on my truth telling jeans and guess what? They still don’t lie.

I am also think of everyone effected by today’s anniversary, and you @winsome_waif.

@rafiki44 can you send your husband around to save the day for me!!

I meant…. day 11 Holland FD
    OK

Day 11. California. NFD

@yoyofletch I’m sending encouragement your way for today’s fast.

@funshipfreddie I agree with @lizzy-agatha in encouraging you to stay away from sugary drinks. I think those are terrible for you, even the calorie free ones that I used to drink that I finally weaned myself off of!

Here’s a random 🐫 for Wednesday.

Day 12 – New Zealand – FD

FD to balance my post weigh-in NFD. Managed to not get too carried away yesterday and only indulged in one of my favourite treats for morning tea, a sausage roll.

@funshipfreddie – it’s not that odd to call slot machines “pokies” because it’s short for “poker machine” which is what we call them.

We do tend to run words together over here though. We had someone visiting from overseas and they asked why people kept saying “airgun” and “good onion” It turns out she was mishearing people saying “how are you going” and “Good on you” 😀 😀 😀

Day 11, VA USA, FD

I had a Macchiato Latte, 1 pump of Cinnamon Dolce syrup roughly = 110 calories. I was very satisfied with this, I wish they had the syrup separate from the flavors (they have started doing that in some places, but not where I live yet) I will be Ecstatic to say the least.

Saw my ATL again this afternoon… maybe tomorrow morning I’ll get even lower (fingers crossed)

Its been interesting with my yoga summer pants I have 4 pair that are just so easy breezy however, they are for my size at about 10lb heavier. I’ve been debating how to take them in (I am an amateur seamstress) I do find it typically easier to start from scratch than modify for most articles of clothing.

@bellyblast – I find if I’m having a tough time getting the groove I have to look at what throws me off. I do find planning the day before for my FD is super helpful. I sort out what I’m going to do -for me my current routine is:
    Black coffee or No Coffee
    Water, water, water
    Dash of pink salt under tongue, followed by 8oz water
    Broth soup (with cut veggies) for supper
    *(I love almond milk in my coffee, but I found it makes me hungry when I have it first thing in the morning, so I would rather skip coffee or *I have found a new love of drinking it black AND OH MY GOSH, Cold BREW Black is divine)

@penz – hi there, good to see you’re still posting!

@daffodil2010 – I wonder about the Shred if its causing your body to feel slightly stressed and there for does not want to let go of the weight. I’d be interested to see what kind of results you would have if you only did the Shred 3 days a week (giving your body a day or two off) and it might trick it to feel safe to again let go of the weight.

@funshipfreddie – its always been a hot topic about artificial sweeteners in general. Lucky me (sarcastic and yet thankful) aspartame effects my nervous system, it makes me stutter if I have about a full soda drinks worth… In general with sugar I found that when I was ready for drinks with less sugar (for me it was a cup of tea *I would have several cups a day) and started with a heaping teaspoon of sugar and slowly over about 2 years got down to a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and that last little bit took me 3 years to let go of, but finally I’m FREEEEEEEEEEE and love tea with no sugar. It takes practice and shifting your attention to the subtle “flavor” of just water or tea or coffee or the flavored sparkling waters.

@brightonbelle – Awe such a sweet comment <blush>

@neilithicman – had a good laugh at your visitors and what they thought they heard.

Pocket list for day 11:

@penz
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @lizzy-agatha
    @yo-yo Fletch
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 545 total)

You must be logged in to reply.