September 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 544 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 545 total)

• I want to make a big push towards my final goal this month (only 5 kilos to go) so I’m in

Day 2 Ohio, US — MFD

The MFD has gone well. Unpacking still at a snail’s pace.

A little about me: September, 2018 was my first monthly challenge. When I started my weight was 180 lb (81.6 kg) and now it is 173 lb (78.5 kg). That might not seem like much for a year’s progress, but this WOL has helped me to achieve a net loss even with some major weight fluctuations. Altogether I’ve probably lost more than 20 lbs (9 kg) this year, so the fasting is working. My goal is 167 lb (75.7 kg) and I hope to get down to that some time in the coming year. Definitely for me the long haul is really important.

@bellyblast So we both have about 3 kilos to lose! We are both aiming for the same light at the end of the tunnel!

@flourbaby You have a great quote and permit me to modify it a little: A year of 5:2 has persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult and I keep doing it over and over again.

For all those celebrating Labor Day today, hope you’ve had a great one!

Day 3 country West Australia CD
    Yay! The scales are being excessively kind with 900 gm weight loss – usually water but hey when I have so much to lose, every bit helps.
    Certainly very motivated this month as are several others.
    welcome @neilithicman – good luck with this WOL and hope you enjoy the journey with us.
    Love your handle BTW! Took me a moment until I said it out loud.
    Thinking of all who might be affected by the hurricane, it sounds terrible.
    Hope you all stay safe and your houses remain standing.
    It is such a beautiful spring day here – cold @ 13ºC but sunny.
    The weeds are a-calling so I am off to do a bit more exercise and get rid of some of them.
    I think lack of exercise was another feature in derailing my efforts over the past year or so. I had become very sedentary as there was a lot more paper work to do.
    I am remedying that now. DH thinks I’m balmy when he comes in and I’m jumping up and down or hopping on the spot!😰

Day 3 – New Zealand FD

Thanks Lilymartin, I don’t really need luck with this WOL, I’ve been doing it since January this year and have already lost over 37 kilograms, I’m just here for some motivation and accountability to try and get the last 5 kilos off 😉

I’m doing the Steptember fundraiser this month that I’ve done for the 2 previous years, doing 10,000 steps per day to raise money for a Cerebral Palsy charity. I’m also trying to do 50 situps per day to tighten up the saggy belly that has come around from quick weight loss. I was just 300g above my wedding weight last weigh-in (Wednesday mornings) so I’m hoping to be under it at my next weigh-in tomorrow morning and within that dreaded last 5 kilos.

Day 3 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Hi all, never made it back yesterday, this new role of mine is just manic. But none the less it was a solid FD, perfect way to kick off spring.

Little about me, I’m 31yo, engineer working in rail in Melbourne. Started 5:2 in November 2017, and hit my goal weight last year before my wedding, only for it to jump up slightly after Christmas and a couple of holidays. I’m alost there, have been hovering about 1kg above goal for the past 6 months… These challenges have been such a good support, and I know that if I do my 2x FD’s, and not go too nuts on NFD’s I’ll reach my goal in no time. Keeping the sugar intake low has been a huge help, must try to be a little stricter with that.

I’m not totally unhappy at this weight, so thinking that given everything, I may just make my maintenance range 68-70kg, though will still keep pushing for 69kg. Can’t rest on those laurels though – @flourbaby I hear ya!

Weather has been absolutely lovely today so got out for a walk during lunch. Looking forward to more of it on the way.

@lilymartin great to hear you’re back on the wagon! Just in time for spring!!

@bellyblast sorry to hear of your heath issues, stay strong!

Today will be my first fast day, to be honest I’m really nervous…. I hope all goes well, I’m specially worried now, reading all of this……

Day 3, Emden Germany, FD800

@at (missed you too!) and @lilymartin thanks for the welcome back! I really enjoyed my time off, I’m not an internet fan so not having the computer on every day was nice. Part of the gain certainly was the fact I know I can lose the gained weight fast so didn’t care much. Doable but not very healthy.

@lizzy-agatha just give it a try, if you stick to the basic 5:2, you’ll lose weight.

Pocket list day 3, if you want to join us, please copy and paste and add your name to the list.

@neilithicman
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday was more like an F800 day (lunch with team) but happy to report I feel amazing today, full of vim and energy, a result of an FD, good nights sleep, giving my body a break from the weekends indulging.

So good in fact that I got up earlier than usual (5.15am anyone?), put on the laundry, and did day 5 of level 3 of the 30 day shred, then went for a walk. You can tell Autumn is starting, it’s a darker morning these days.

Feel so good I am going to have another FD today. Coffee and herbal tea until lunch, when it’s a small Oatbran bread sandwhich then probably lentil soup tonight using my chicken bone broth.

Busy two weeks ahead with new work contract plus trying to get everything organised for our trip, plus I gave Dad up to stay over on Saturday (his first since he came out of hospital and I really hope he can make it up our stairs to his bedroom) so have a lot of stuff to do.

Where is the time going?

@lilymartin you are right about the mindset and weight loss. Having gone from always being slim until I stopped smoking and weight piled on from 2002, I have lost and put back on weight loads of times. Here I am though two years after losing 30lbs, up by about 7lbs, but very aware of it and the plateau…….maybe that old plateau is a godsend as its stopping me getting too complacent?????

@winsome waif. Re the heartburn, was there anything different that you ate on your FD? I used to suffer badly but have tracked it down to eating too much white carbs. Everyone is different, hope yours does not reoccur or you get to the bottom of it.

Pocket list day 3
    @daffodil2010

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I’m feeling much more positive today. I think half the battle of coping with a FD is being in the right state of mind, and yesterday it just wasn’t happening. Still, I tackled a couple of jobs I’d been putting off. I managed to stay within my TDEE, reached 10,000 steps, and I even managed a yoga session for the first time in about 4 months. So, big reset today.

Welcome to the new people! @bellyblast & @lisa-starseed-expat. @lizzy-agatha – no need to be worried! You will most likely feel hungry if it’s your first fast; but it gets easier. If it was really easy everyone would be doing it, and we wouldn’t have this forum. Tons of help on here; check out the FAQs if you haven’t already. @neilithicman – wow?! +37kgs down!

Pocket List – Day 3
    @neilithicman
    @lizzy-agatha
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 3 – 2nd Post

Here’s the list of acronyms & abbreviations from previous Challenges. They can be a little baffling, especially for newbies…

IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life
    FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days!)
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    Hunger Dragon – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied
    DD, DS Darling Daughter, Son
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)

Day 3 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

B2B

Nearly fell at the first hurdle yesterday. Tiredness and lack of planning nearly saw me give in but with encouragement from my DD I managed to stick fast in the end. It was 7pm and as I stared vacantly into the fridge she appeared at my shoulder and said ‘do you really want to blow your FD now?’ She was right of course, I didn’t, and I’m so glad I didn’t now! So….Planning another FD today and am feeling stronger, the first FD of the week is always the hardest for me.

Beautiful Autumn morning here, started the day with a walk around our village with Izzy the labradoodle. Schools are back today, lovely to see all the little ones, all scrubbed up, heading for their 1st day at school….

Happy FD Fasters! Plan, plan, plan – stay strong!

Pocket List – Day 3
    @neilithicman
    @lizzy-agatha
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo

Day 3 UK NFD

Pleased with yesterday’s FD . Measured /logged everything on MFP wow have I been underestimating portion sizes Aiming for nice controlled day to set me up for another FD Wednesday

Day 3 New Zealand

Fast day complete, handful of nuts and a cup of tea and coffee during the day and a home made lamb Rogan Josh for dinner (plus a nibble of the salmon and veggies I was making tomorrow’s sushi with tonight. Day 1 of Steptember went well, I got close to 18,000 steps today and am about to do my sit-ups now. My regular weekly weigh-in tomorrow so I’m hoping for a bit of movement in the scales.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 3, Melb Aust TDEE

Going okay so far, even though haven’t fasted yet this month – didn’t mess up the weekend with excessive NFDs, so 200 gms down from my starting weight already. My “set” FDs this month are Weds & Fri, so my Saturday weigh-in should be even better, and I’ll also do a FD on Monday if I feel able. Like someone else here wrote yesterday, once I start eating, it’s harder to stop, so on FDs I try to limit eating to the evening meal, or maybe with also just a protein bar a bit earlier.

Great to see many “old faithfuls” here, plus several “newbies”. Always love your saying, @at, because it is just so true. As I’ve been losing I’ve been setting gradually lower”ceiling” weights that I am not to exceed, if I start to lapse. My current “ceiling” is 75 kg; late last year, before I started this WOL it was 88 kg (though I started the WOL at 86.4 kg), so definite improvement. I certainly do NOT want to return to where I began.

@lizzy agatha, I hope your first FD went well. If you went over your target calories, that’s okay, try again tomorrow or the next day. This WOL is great because it’s so flexible, and no foods are “forbidden” – but moderation and good sense are key. 🙂

Day 3 – Ireland – CD
    Hi all, tried for a FD yesterday but it didn’t go very well so more of a CD…another one today… I’m feeling a bit wiped but I am inspired by the positivity in the forum at the moment💕
    @lilymartin like you I find the first bite if something, anything sets me off wanting more food… so the longer I leave it I dare much better!
    Welcome back @snowflake56 – it’s great to see you back here and I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your time away from the internet.. it is the only drawback with the forum that it involves screen 📺 time…
    Welcome also to all the newbies!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3 London UK FD

Joining the pocket list for today. Off to the airport tonight for an early flight tomorrow. Going to try 16:8 on holiday. And I agree- try to leave it as late as possible to eat on a FD. Works best for me.

Pocket List – Day 3
    @neilithicman
    @lizzy-agatha
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo
    @emma-taylor.

Day 3 UK FD

Succesfull FD yesterday, helped so much by my late evening posting here. So glad to have hit the reset button after going AWOL in August.

Today I seem to have lost 1lb – hopefully some of last week’s weight gain will turn out to be Easy On Easy Off. Really pleased also to have woven yoga & meditation to the day, OMAD supper of good thick lentil & veg soup and some vegan yogurt with strawberries. Lovely epsom salt bath and early night, feeling much better for 9 hrs sleep. Great reset start to the month!

The trick is now to keep it up. Putting in another FD today bc i’m out for lunch & tea tomorrow! Repeating the lentil & veg soup and using cauliflower as a filler and adding spinach for extra colour. And must remember to drink plenty of water as I go.

After a morning of catching up with chores & emails, now heading for yoga & meditation then back to project work. It’s suddenly busy and full of unexpected deadlines. The key to balance will be practicing good self-care of yoga, meditation, fasting and sleep to hold me up in stormy times.

@snowflake56 lovely to have you back!

Pocket List – Day 3
    @neilithicman
    @lizzy-agatha
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo
    @michelinme

Day 2, London, Uk, NFD

Super quick check-in from me today after a site meeting this morning …………. I seem to have become very attached to my desk!! I really should stay office bound, since building sites signify a Full English breakfast or in my case ………. “sausage sarnie”!!!

So, it’s an unplanned NFD, but I’ll go carefully until tonight and I may just forgo the planned soup.

Catching up with posts this evening may help with the ‘food swerving’

Stay strong folks ………… I’ll try to welcome newbies later and reveal a bit about me once I’ve caught up!!

second post
    @neilithicman – wow!!!! 37kgs loss is fantastic. You certainly don’t need luck with this WOL. But I hope you stay around for the challenge.
    Good luck with the Fundraiser.
    Finding some fabulous vegetarian recipes from a women’s health site ( Jean Hailes).
    Made the roast cauliflower salad today and it was sensational. My DH loved it. It almost tasted too good to BE good for us, but I am assured it is full of goodness and not too many calories.
    I tend to post more often when I am trying to divert my attention from food.
    Just got home from a late meeting and having a cuppa and posting – so as not to raid the cheese and biscuits.
    Alas the kitchen is still open but I am just about to close it til morning.
    Onwards and DOWNwards😁

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD was great at 540 calories. My mid-day apple and chef salad supper were all I ate. Also did a modified Silver Sneakers from their new website app with DH. The gym was closed yesterday for Labor Day. Yoga this evening.

@lizzy_agatha – no reason to have a FD cause you worry. Just like everyone we have told that we were fasting for weight loss, they always thought we were going to die. I can attest to the fact that hasn’t happened. I began 5:2 in March 2016 and have been doing 6:1 since losing my goal of 35 pounds.

@lilymartin – have you ever made the slow-cooker roasted cauliflower? It really makes quite a bit (a whole head) but quite tasty. https://www.hiddenvalley.com/recipe/slow-cooker-whole-cauliflower/ is one recipe but there are many.

Onward and downward.

Day 3 Canada FD

Happy to be setting off for a busy FD!
    Thanks @gretta I am working on it.
    Am going to try that recipe @songbirdme sounds delish

62.3kg

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @neilithicman
    @lizzy-agatha
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo
    @michelinme
    @bellyblast

thank you so much for all your support, I will be eating dinner, and it is pizza night, (will I gorge I wonder) but I did keep going till about an hour ago, then I just HAD to eat, (had a bread roll with cucumber) I’m sure it does get easier,
    what is this pocket list thing?

Day 3- Southend-on-sea, UK

I have been feeling great. Since last week I have lost 10 lbs 🙂 I had a 24 hour fast today and had one meal after. My appetite is really cut in half. I can not eat that much. I have no more cravings! I am looking forward to go to the gym tomorrow.

I did a long shift at work yesterday. I started my day with overnight organic oats with chia seeds, hemp seeds, full fast milk and blueberries at 1230pm and had my last meal at 4pm which was a salad of fresh mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and leafy greens and olive oil and some almonds.

2nd post,

I’ve completely lost the plot ………………. Day 2 was Day 3 and now Day 3 is Day 2!!!!

I’ve far too much going on ………………. Now,
    …………………..take a deep breathe Flourbaby!!!!

@lizzy-agatha: Pocket list is a list of people fasting that day. Moral support, as you can carry the list in your pocket, right?

Day 3 – USA – NFD

Hello, all lovely newbies and veterans! August was a bust for me as far as keeping up on the spreadsheet and posts.

I had many overlapping personal circumstances that were pretty debilitating, but I’m regrouping now and hopeful for a good month.

I put myself on the spreadsheet (please color me green, @rafiki44, and thanks so much for hosting this month. Thank you also, @ktcaroline, for hosting August.

@snowflake56, welcome back; good to “see” you!

My 1st day of the September challenge. I’ve been enjoying the long weekend. Embarrassed to say what I ate the last 3 days, but I plan to get back on track this week.

Day 4, New Zealand, NFD

I’ll always be first to hit the new day being right on the international date line.

I always take a day off fasting after my weekly weigh-in. I weighed myself this morning and I was down a whole kilo. Weight now 94.3 kilos (207 pounds), just 4.4 kilos from my goal weight. I have lost a total of 37.2 kilos now (82 pounds)in the last 8 months and I’m the lightest I’ve been for 20 years since I was 20 years old!

Salmon sushi for lunch and I’m treating myself to an avocado today. Chilli beans for dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 3 – UK – CD

Eventually broke yesterday’s WFD at 1300hrs with a light lunch and have managed to keep today as a CD….

A somewhat damp walk this morning with my usual walking group but at least wasn’t cold. Enjoyed a pot of tea afterwards and good catch up with everyone. Home for a quick shower and lunch and then out for a meeting about our Fareshares Lunch.
    Back home to bake chocolate brownies and also made an apple cake for tomorrow – it’s our first meeting after the summer break of our regular Wednesday afternoon meeting for the elderly at our local parish centre where I volunteer at – they do enjoy a bit of cake with their tea/coffee!!

Cooked a light evening meal for OH and I – Sumac-coated fish with green bean, lentil and parsley salad, had a small portion therefore managed to keep my calories down – does feel good not to overindulge after a good FD. Enjoying a cup of tea whilst I catch up here ☕️

@bellyblast – welcome back – I’m sure you will soon shift that 3kg!
    @neilithicman – welcome to the monthly challenge – great job with that 37kg loss since January following this WOL!
    @lizzy-agatha – welcome to this WOL and the Monthly Challenge – lots of support and advice given willingly on here
    @betsylee – thank you – it has certainly stopped me in my tracks whenever I seem to stray…….

Busy day tomorrow but will definitely log in for accountability as planning on another CD tomorrow

“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up ends up being the biggest step of your life”

Day 4, Aus, NFD

Hi @neil – I must be the second person the international date line crosses. I think the other Aussies are further west than me.

I had a good eating day yesterday until I decided to crack open a bottle of wine. Why do I do this?? FDs are easy for me; it’s avoiding the demon drink on other days that I find hard.

Day 4 country west Australia CD
    @penz, Not quite on the west coast but a 2 hour drive west and I’d be in the ocean!! So pretty much as far away as I can be and still be in Australia.
    Had a good CD yesterday but the scales decided to give me a wake up call, so having to be more controlled on my NFDs – which is what I found when I first started 5:2.
    The FDs are easier for me to control, but getting portion size right for NFDs far more challenging.
    Back to MFP to plug numbers for a while yet whilst I reset everything.
    But more than happy to do so as I am now in the right head space and frame of mind.
    I am blown away by @neilithicman‘s effort this year, as I have been by many others on this thread , so feeling very motivated by all the ‘losers’!! on here.
    @songbirdme, I haven’t tried that recipe but certainly will as it sounds delicious.
    @metatauta, good to see you back. Hope things go better this month for you.
    @flourbaby – you make me have a good chuckle! With your mixed up days, I had a clear image of someone rushing hither and yon with their hair trailing behind them , like in the cartoons – like a whirlwind!
    Breathe ….. just breathe…. in through your nose …out through your mouth.
    I am off in a little while to conduct my exercise class. Ending up with deep and mindful breathing is so relaxing.
    @lisa Starseed Expat, 10lbs down – wow! congratulations .
    @lizzy Agatha FDs are often not as daunting as they first seem. And they do get easier – depending on the mindset!
    Just having my first cuppa for the day to thaw out my hands. Currently about 4ºC and very chilly.
    Max is only going to be 11ºC – brrrrr!
    Keep well and warm all.
    Happy fasting and eating.😉

Day 4 – Adelaide, AU – NFD
    @neilithicman great to have a Kiwi on here and congratulations on how far you’ve come.
    @penz Regarding your post about NFDs – me too.
    I’ve hit a bit of a plateau but, from what I’ve heard on this forum, it’s not unusual and I won’t let it stop me.
    Onward and downward.

second post

@lilymartin it occurred to me this is probably one of the few places where’s it encouraged and celebrated to be a Loser! 🙂

Day 3 Ohio, US — NFD

Food selection was hit-or-miss today since I had to eat lunch on the run and as a result I ate more carbs than I had intended to. Since this will probably happen at least twice a week for a while, I am pondering going back to counting bites (i.e. mouthfuls) on days that I don’t fast. That had the advantages of being independent of food choices and having a good feedback mechanism. This spring and early summer counting bites gave me a good way of keeping NFD’s under some type of control.

@lilymartin My retirement plans always used to include being near the east coast of the US. Considering the weather that coast has been getting in the last few years, maybe being 2 hours inland is a good thing! I hope everyone in Florida and Georgia stays safe and sound!

@at A walking group sounds like an excellent idea! How far do you usually walk together? Maybe I can find one in my area.

Day 3 California NFD

Back to work after the three day weekend. It was pretty busy so eating was kept in check and i’ve managed to stay away from the caramels in the fridge so far.

Welcome @bellyblast, i’ve added you to the spreadsheet if you want to use it. Link is in the first post this month. Also welcome to Lizzy agatha and although i’m posting this at the end of the day I hope it went well. THere is no failure, just keep practicing and you will get there. A pocket list is a list of the people fasting that day and is intended to help the fast go easier by providing ‘company’ in the form of a list. I think you already added yourself to the spreadsheet but if not let me know and i will add you.

@funshipfreddie – thanks for posting the acronyms again and @metauta someone already colored you in green before i got there!

After finishing the book “how not to die” i’ve started tracking my intake of veg, fruit, beans, nuts, and other non meat foods. Not that i intend to go meat free but it does help me to eat a more healthy, varied diet and there is an app to track intake and i like tracking things 🙂

I”m trying a second fast day tomorrow, first was on Saturday and i havenn’t done two in one week for a while. Plus i am going to go to a yoga class put on at work tomorrow so i should feel pretty virtuous by the end of the day!

Day 3 California NFD

Back to work after the three day weekend. It was pretty busy so eating was kept in check and i’ve managed to stay away from the caramels in the fridge so far.

Welcome @bellyblast, i’ve added you to the spreadsheet if you want to use it. Link is in the first post this month. Also welcome to Lizzy agatha and although i’m posting this at the end of the day I hope it went well. THere is no failure, just keep practicing and you will get there. A pocket list is a list of the people fasting that day and is intended to help the fast go easier by providing ‘company’ in the form of a list. I think you already added yourself to the spreadsheet but if not let me know and i will add you.

@funshipfreddie – thanks for posting the acronyms again and @metauta someone already colored you in green before i got there!

After finishing the book “how not to die” i’ve started tracking my intake of veg, fruit, beans, nuts, and other non meat foods. Not that i intend to go meat free but it does help me to eat a more healthy, varied diet and there is an app to track intake and i like tracking things 🙂

I”m trying a second fast day tomorrow, first was on Saturday and i havenn’t done two in one week for a while. Plus i am going to go to a yoga class put on at work tomorrow so i should feel pretty virtuous by the end of the day!

**** having a heck of a time trying to post this. I got it posted and went back to edit and it went bad from there. Soooo frustrating, i’m trying this as a reply to @matpi rather than a general post to see if that works.

Day 4, NFD, Oxfordshire, UK
    Hi everyone. Good fast day yesterday. Kept busy packing motorhome ready to set off. Somewhere in mid France at the moment. Had a great nights sleep which after a fast day is unusual. I’m not complaining though. As I’ll be traveling in aiming for traditional 5:2 this month. I won’t be able to weigh myself so I’m hoping that by sticking to the routine I’ll stave off too much damage.
    Have a good day. Onwards & downwards

You are all doing really well, this is so great, a LIVE site….. I will try to get my mealtimes into a much smaller time window, and keep the “fasting time” as long as possible, of course I ate the entire pizza yesterday…damn! I also love Dr Gregor’s 12 a day as I am a vegetarian already this really works for me, but I never stick to anything …. and I am working my way through Dr Mosely’s books, now I’m reading the clever guts diet
    good luck today everyone

Day 4, Emden Germany, FD800

@jaifaim, @michelinme, @metatauta thanks for the warm welcome back! Somehow I find it difficult to be here, I guess I’m just not motivated enough atm. Let’s see if it gets better.

Pocket list day 4

@snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -FD or at least try!!

@snowflake56 it feels like the world is in its right place when I see your post before mine each morning. Welcome back. We missed you the past couple of months. ☺️

So, I am in a good downward trajectory this week, dare not call it yet, but hoping things might finally be shifting for me in the plateau department. Better be, I have given myself a mid month challenge to get to a certain weight by 13th Sept (day before we travel) so right now I still have a few lbs to go.

It’s my last day working in my current team so I am bringing in chocolate. Lots of chocolate 😱 I plan not to eat any of it. My resolve is good right now…..the power of the pocket list might spur me on to resist (and hoping nobody notices that I don’t indulge). But it may be a busted FD today.

Tomorrow I start in my new role and looking forward to that. I will be training and learning new things, I enjoy new challenges 👍

Hi @lizzy Agatha, welcome on board ☺️ Where are you based? It’s good to know where in the world people are from and what day they are on….this is a great group full of support, looking forward to getting to know you.

@suki2, yay, you are off in your motor home in France. We will be off too on the 14th, heading through France for the Costa Dorada in Spain, a couple of weeks there, then meander back through Spain and France for a week before ferry back to Ireland. I CANNOT wait 🚐☀️☀️☀️

@penz Hon, wine is my downfall too. Thank goodness my DH works from 2pm to midnight 4 nights a week otherwise we would be back to our old ways of a bottle of wine with dinner. That’s how both of us put on weight after we met, and both of us are getting back into that bad habit on the nights he is off. I can’t blame him though 😨

Have a great Wednesday Hump Day

Day 4 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Relatively sensible NFD yesterday. Sugar free and fairly low in carbs, so we started strong.

Am ravenously hungry today unfortunately. Had a site walk just after lunch which has helped carry me to 3:30pm, and went with with a tea with a splash of milk, plus a miso soup before dinner. Think I can make it!!

@snowflake56 so lovely to have you back 😊
    @therealwill78 just press that RESET! No need to dwell on the NFD’s.
    @flourbaby Lol re your date swapping. I’ve been a bit muddled by days this month too. Called my brother this morning to wish him a happy birthday thinking it was the 3rd today. Whoops….!!!

Day 4 Pocket List:
    @gretta

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Had a mini egg-fast for yesterday’s FD; two-egg cheese omelette with lots of veggies. I’m dead on 70 kgs now. So I’ve used up all my wriggle room, but I’m happy with that after an overindulgent weekend.

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 4 UK FD

Planning a OMAD >500 cals today . Still logging in MFP and still amazed at how I’ve been deluding my self re portion sizes and calorie count – no wonder I’ve put pounds back on

Day 4 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

B2B2B

@neilithicman – well done on your amazing results! I can but dream….
    @penz – thank you – I know I am doing OK and best of all I feel so much better and less critical of myself. I breeze through FDs (usually!) but have the same struggle as you with the Demon Drink – I like a tipple (or 5!) on NFDs, I know I need to work on that, moderation, mindfulness and all that….maybe even abstinence it if push comes to shove…..
    @daffodil2010 – good luck in your new role! exciting times for you.

Feeling strong today. Will be busy and that always helps.

Happy FD Fasters!

Pocket list day 4

@snowflake56 FD800
    @yo-yo

Day 4- Atlanta, Ga-USA- FD
    Yesterday was a bust. Brought a salad for lunch today. Gonna have one for dinner tonight also. Here’s to another day. I’ve go to get it together.

Day 4 Canada NFD

Morning!
    Will read posts during the day- hope everyone is staying strong

Day 4, London UK, FD,

Well, at least I got the day right, even if yesterday wasn’t as planned ……………. Derailed by a sausage sarnie!! Tiredness & fasting do not mix, my willpower was ZERO!!! Anyway, today is another day.

@bert1802, thinking of you, I hope Dorian detoured around you & yours!!!

Welcome back @snowflake56 & @metatauta, it’s good to have a break from routine every now and then, just to keep your enthusiasm from flagging!!

@neilithicman, before taking charge of your health and falling for this WOL, did you ever say ……….. “I’m treating myself to an avocado today”??? My mind-set is a bit stubborn, but I’ll eventually stop seeing chocolate of wine as a treat!!! …………….. @penz, you should have gone for an avocado!!!!

@lilymartin, you can probably guess that tonight’s yoga class will end with snoozing …………….. there may even be snoring!!!

@funshipfreddie, I had to re-read the opening to your post, carefully!! I was thinking a fast containing Cadburys’ mini-eggs, rather than an egg-fast ……………..…….. but mini!!! You can tell where my mind is at the moment!!!

I’m just about managing to stay on target for Sober-September ……………………………… I know, I know, it IS only day 4!!!!

Happy fasting folks!!

Day 4 – Southend-on-sea, UK(Canadian expat 🙂 20:4

Today I woke up and went for an hour power walk along the waterfront. I did not have the energy to run. I am wondering maybe because I have low blood pressure usually. I am happy it is going up since starting IF. I know usually it is supposed to go down. In my case it is a good thing! My BP was 90/60 or 95/60. Now it is 99 or 105/60.

I went out for lunch. I had scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and sauted mushrooms.

Tonight I had stir-fry from last night with Shirataki noodles and a whole avocado. I read on there someone has avocado as a treat! For me It is part of my diet and not a treat 🙂 I am a vegetarian. It is so good for you and the good fat keeps you fuller longer.

I no longer get headaches and digestion is finally regular now. I find what helps for me is to take 1000mg of organic psylium husk. I also take before a meal organic ACV 2 tbsp in 500ml of water. I also drink 2 L of water a day. They help with my blood sugar and to feel fuller longer.

Day 4 – USA – NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 545 total)

You must be logged in to reply.