Saving my life

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Obesa 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello out there! I’m 67, 5ft 8ins and have ballooned to 17st! Just writing that induces feelings of such shame. I have had a few health issues in the past 6 years, reasons but a bit of an excuse too! My joints are screaming under this load, fear of type 2 diabetes, I felt as though I was out of control and just wanted to hide. I have been jolted into action by my loving and supportive husband after reading the Sunday 5:2 supplement. Started my first 2 days of fasting on Monday and was encouraged by a 5lb drop (fluid weight I know). It was tough but doable. My breakfast of raw oats, seeds, banana & molasses & milk tasted divine this morning.
    So many great journeys shared in this forum. I shall draw on them to help sustain me. Thanks. Xx

Hello CJ,
    How wonderful that you have a loving and supportive husband. That is something you can’t buy and will help you a lot. You have made a good start and it does get easier. I see you must have had a good look around this site. Introduce yourself all over it as the posts seem to disappear quite quickly on the threads because they are so dynamic and hence you can get overlooked. You have made a good start by joining this site. It is very inspiring.

All best

Hi Chez and welcome:

Here is some information that might help you with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Taking it day by day.

So, how did it go today ?

Good thanks. Food seems to taste so much better, I’m enjoying each mouthful. This is my first week. I started off with my 2 fast days as I work Mon & Tues evening so it’s relatively easy. I think I would find it difficult in days when I was normally eating an evening meal with my husband.
    Bit if a headache on day 2 fast, still there a bit today and a bitter taste in my mouth. I’m pushing water down me. I’m sure my body will adjust.
    I have tried so many times to get down to a healthy weight. I’m feeling motivated and determined. Input and interest in and from others is so motivational. Thanks.
    What is your story?

Well my story is a pretty long one but to try to keep it short, basically, I put on a stone each time I tried to stop smoking (which I did eventually kick in 2001) but I was left with a two stone overload, which increased as I got older until I was three stone overweight. I have got my morning and evening weights on a spreadsheet from 2001 – that is 16 years of records ! It is my hubby who does this. He measures everything ! So when I look at the chart of this data I can see ALL the diets I have been on and they are many. So you could say I am a bit of a failure ! But, I never give up trying. There is always that llittle voice in me that tells me I could do better than this. It’s a bit of a family joke that I am always on a diet but the joke is that everyone else is on tablets for something or another and I am not !
    I came on to this site because I believe in fasting. I’ve read quite a bit about it and understand how it works. Many years ago I would have liked to have tried fasting because that seemed to be the logical thing to do but in those days it was either religious or mystical and seemed to be out of reach of the ordinary person as you seemed to have to be on a mountain in East Asia and be looking for your higher being.
    Anyway, desperation got me here in the end.
    For me, the longer I can go without food, the better. This way I’m not constantly stoking my insulin.
    Anyway, I don’t advocate saying my way is THE way. I have never been a one for eating breakfast so that helps too. There are all sorts of approaches, as you will see as you read around the forum, but what I will say is that the people on here are very helpful.
    Hope this helps you get a picture of me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.