reversing type 2 diabetes & the fastday lifestyle

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
reversing type 2 diabetes & the fastday lifestyle

This topic contains 854 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  PeonyLover 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 861 total)

• ruthi,

if we could figure that out
    we would b zillionaires 😀
    what’s higher than that?

however, may we please know ur list of sugary stuff?

& c if we all can replace it w/ something u will enjoy

dying 2 found out once rocky (don’t forget please)
    is on a nonfastday his gluten free cocoa crepe recipe

goodnight all

couscous

a friend of mine from another state who has 2 have gluten free products

she told me that many chocolates sugar free or sugared r wheat based (never knew that)

https://cocopolo.com/

she eats this 70% & stevia no after taste patent pending

do u have this in england knowing u being a connoisseur

it’s fastday tried 2 sleep earlier couldn’t

will try again enjoy ur buttons 😀

Hi USA, yes, 70% chocolate is commonplace over here as is Stevia. Not sure if Stevia content chocolate is available. The problem with Stevia is its cost in relation to sugar, weight for weight the cost is prohibitive for many.
    Go onto Google Scholar, search DIABETIC CHOCOLATE CONTENT. I found one site, http://www.online.library.wiley.com which had some research comments within their Diabetic Medicine subject research. One result states,- quote “Consuming high-polyphenol chocolate sweetened with sucrose over an 8 week period improved cardio-vascular risk indices by increasing HDL cholesterol without a detremental effect on glycemic control, insulin resistance, inflimation or weight”. unquote.
    As to the wheat base content cannot comment on that.
    Good Luck.

Hang on, guys and gals! Even if Stevia doesn’t come with any known side effects, its still a sweetener. So it will still elicit a response in the brain, with insulin spikes and endorphin response.

So not good for diabetics/pre diabetics who want to give their pancreas a rest and avoid insulin resistance, and not good for sugar addicts.

In both cases the mechanism is similar. If you keep on producing the stimulus (insulin or beta endorphin) then the receptors get jaded and less responsive – ie RESISTANT, and then to get the same effect you need more and more of the stuff until finally the whole thing crashes.

Of all people I know how hard this is, but the only way is to lose the sweet tooth. At the moment I find it hard to envisage such a life, but that is the only way.

Ruthi,

thanks again
    those conclusion stopped me during the trial
    because they r valid points

however we r talking about

a very limited like the dr listed & 4 me on my 1 day & only feastday

since i’m going 2 do a 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or atf w/1 😀

★★★LIMITED ONLY !(4 nonfastdays or 1 feastdays only)★★★

Fruit-No more than 2 servings a day (one serving is a level handful),
    preferably in this order

(best first): berries of all varieties, citrus, apples, nectarines, peaches, melons.

Minimize bananas, pineapples, mangoes, and grapes and only in the smallest of quantities (since they are like candy in sugar content)

Fruit juices-only real juices and in minimal quantities (no more than 2-4 oz)

Dairy products-No more than 1 serving per day of milk, cottage cheese or yogurt, unsweetened (Fat content does not matter.)

Legumes/beans; peas; sweet potatoes and yams; rice (white and brown); organic soy

★★★
    Dark chocolates-70-85% cocoa or greater; no more than 40 grams (approximately 2 inches square) per day ★★★(only 1 feastday 4 me)★★★

Sugar-free foods–preferably stevia-containing, rather than aspartame;
    other safe sweeteners include erythritol and xylitol

Polyunsaturated oils–safflower, sunflower, mixed vegetable

still, u have not told us ur favorite sugary stuff

u can enjoy not being a type2 hoorah

2day is sunday my 1 & only feastday no chocolate @ all to eat

going 2 try 2 figure out the cocoa crepe gluten free ever since rocky mentioned it will search google

enjoy ur sunday

happy nonfastdays & fastdays or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or atf w/1 😀

Couscous

that google scholar is great isn’t it? & wiley did not work but this did

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/

thanks enjoy ur sunday

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or atf w/1 or as in ur case 6/1 😀

Great news..

Chocolate prices have risen by 25%.

This should help, shouldn’t it?

You want a list?

Sugar, in lumps, coffee crystals, candyfloss, or if things are (not very) desperate straight from the packet.
    Meringues
    Marshmallows
    Marzipan
    Sugared almonds

Honey, (raw, I used to keep bees and my daughter still does)

Lower on my list, but still fine if I need a fix

Chocolate (70-75%)but it stays in the fridge for weeks, until I have a migraine when it helps a lot.
    Florentine biscuits
    Butterscotch, toffee, fudge, tablet (all preferably home made)
    Dried fruit, especially prunes, dates and apricots.
    Chocolate truffles, home or chocolatier made.

I do quite like cake, but now that I am totally grain free its a difficult one. I might try some of the ‘wheat belly’ cakes, but they all seem very heavy on sweeteners, and I have not found a sweetener yet that doesn’t have an aftertaste. I will probably try making Christmas cake with ground almonds, (and real sugar and molasses).

I dislike milk chocolate, sweets with colouring (other than sugared almonds and marshmallows, of course), anything with ginger.

Written on a fast day, and I am not finding myself drawn to the cupboard. How wierd is that? But maybe not because for me fast days give a kind of freedom from the tyrants of food and presumably sugar. But it will be a different matter at 4pm!

Its quite a liberating list, because I look at it and know I can live without. Except when under stress when I have a tendency to head straight for it. That’s the bit I need to work on, and am going to try meditation for that one.

Ruthi

candyfloss????????

so what is the 1 thing u r going 2 keep in the house?

happy nonfastdays & fastdays or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀

Candyfloss is cotton candy in the USA I understand. Pure sugar made pretty.

I am married to an Unreconstructed British Male, who isn’t interested in matters health at all (and is basically fit, albeit his waistline could do with being a bit smaller). Its not fair to remove foods from the cupboard that he thinks are normal. Mind you, if I cook he gets what I regard as healthy! He can eat what he likes away from home, or when I am away.

Unless under extreme stress I don’t buy the bad stuff. Mind you, I seem to be under stress rather a lot of late. Am starting again on meditation.

Hi Ruthi. …fast days give a kind of freedom from the tyrants of food….perhaps that is the case. Fasting today, had to swap this week from Monday, and although I do feel hungry now and then, wouldn’t dream of reaching for food. Get some water instead. Amazed at how I don’t feel hungry the whole day. On a non fast day, although I don’t eat as I used to do, if I feel hungry I will probably reach for fruit. Odd isn’t it. It is better though that I reach for fruit now, not bread or biscuits,(which I don’t buy any more to be honest), which I did do.

@ruthi
    “I dislike milk chocolate, sweets with colouring ”

Interestingly, I went to a session that I helped host where I was serving wine to attendees. Since I don’t drink alcohol nor wine, I’m probably the perfect person to hand it out. As part of the presentation, chocolate boxes were passed around to the audience. None of that chocolate appealed to me.

I feel the same way now that you do about sweets with anything or milk chocolate, none of it appeals to me. Very different from how I was raised.

@ toms mantis
    “It is better though that I reach for fruit now, not bread or biscuits,(which I don’t buy any more to be honest), ”

I keep bananas in the refrigerator, so that when I open the door, a banana is handy to get and eat. Likewise, we don’t buy bread or biscuits or anything that is a comfort food, mostly. My wife does succumb to some foods but is gradually minimizing that behavior.

As I read the post on the chocolates, I was amazed on the detailed descriptions. That’s an expert description on chocolates that quickly needs to be an amateur. Just the beginning of the word ‘choc’, is the same as the word choke. All that sugar is quickly chocking the life in the body. Of course, most people know it but pretend to be helpless to stop it.

The fasting with the meditation and awareness of what to have around helps.

Hi Rockyromero, bananas in the fridge are a good tip. I do still buy bread weekends. It’s amazed me how I don’t buy things now that I used to. Don’t even look wistfully at them when shopping! Funny though, I have craved things recently! had a cupcake which I had made, just a few to give visitors with their tea last weekend. It didn’t live up to expectations. Hope that’s the end of that craving.

@ruthi
    “I am married to an Unreconstructed British Male, who isn’t interested in matters health at all”

I’m not sure what type of male that is, but health is going to matter very soon for all of us.

I must have a Constructed American woman for a wife, although she will leave chocolate droppings still in wrappers in our kitchen.

Today, I moved them to a bag near the garbage disposal. It’s like getting rid of roaches, you know.

I suppose if the urge to retrieve them later may occur.

But who would?

LOL rockyromero

“I’m not sure what type of male that is, but health is going to matter very soon for all of us.”

You know that, and so do I, but in his youthful innocence he is yet to fully appreciate that its not just other people that get older. And I deliberately chose a man who isn’t an easy pushover so I can’t complain if he doesn’t always do as I wish. He came fully house-trained and complains that I didn’t, so it would seem I am not perfect, although I wouldn’t leave chocolate droppings because the dogs would eat them, and that is not good for them.

But the upshot is that he will eat rubbish left to his own devices, and has to be allowed to ruin his own life. It quite difficult to make a nearly 60 year old man, who has an occasional twinge of arthritis in his big toe but no other problems at all, that he should be looking after his health in uncomfortable ways.

But he allows me to feed the dogs properly (RAW) and wouldn’t dream of feeding chocolate to my precious dogs, so I will live with his foible, and his junk food. And he eats whatever I put before him appreciatively so when he retires (IF her retires) I’ll have him in my power.

@ruthi
    “feed the dogs properly (RAW) and wouldn’t dream of feeding chocolate to my precious dogs,”

I noticed that you have double standards for that which is precious to you.

rockyromero,

gluten free cocoa crepe recipe please

Rocky, I don’t have double standards at all. I feed him healthy stuff in so far as I can, and he buys his own junk. He is an adult, and can make his own choices. Believe me, I do my best to persuade, but I choose not to attempt control.

The dogs are totally dependent upon me, and I make their eating decisions for them, (again as far as I can because the little one scavenges. It behoves me to make the best decisions possible for them.

ruthi,

could u list the things that r stressing u out
    so so much

sending big big hugs

have always tried meditation but my mind goes 3 million miles a minute it never works 4 me

so listening 2 audiobooks is my meditation

let’s say i met a horrible client person employee retailer family

i get in the car & listen 2 a book from science science fiction fantasy 2 history the distant mirror is my favorite history book
    2 regency romance 😉 in the past ten years no more mysteries somehow murders r now a turn off.

it really helps me multi

u can clean in fact better organize

laundry

cooking

fasting 😀

when tempted 2 eat

dusting

shopping

waiting on the phone

waiting 4 the doc

waiting in a reception room

dance mopping my sis got me mop shoes there great 😀

for cleaning the floor

it take my stress away

& u can always rewind the book

hope this will help

stress is the biggest cause of many medical problems

it will erode all the good things u have accomplished

list the tips on meditating

2day is my 1st day on nonfastday 2 do the wheat belly lifestyle

i’m waiting 4 a free version of the book from the library 4 now just read his blog & his posters

happy nonstressday ruthi hugs ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

toms mantis

“fast days give a kind of freedom from the tyrants of food” & diets

the shackles r off

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooooooooooooooom!

1st day of nonfastday wheatbelly diet 2 reverse again

chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i’m also doing an adf on off 4 2 months

i will post the daymenu later

now the belly 2 has 2 b part of this a big thing 😀

How to Reduce Belly Fat: A Complete Plan to Shrink Your Waist

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that the current diet of the Western world is between 70 to 90 percent starch, sugar and fat, and the average sleep time is less than eight hours a night. From driving to working at desks to watching TV, the No. 1 form of activity is sitting, and when we are active, we use an inferior method of weight control by choosing jogging over sprinting and weight training.

So how do you lose the belly fat? In order to battle the bulge, it’s important to understand how it grew in the first place.

Belly Fat Science

There are two types of belly fat: visceral belly fat and subcutaneous belly fat. Visceral fat is underneath the abdominal muscle and in close proximity to the organs. You can’t pinch it, and those who have a lot of it, can have abdominal muscles that feel tight and ridged despite the bulging protrusion. Subcutaneous belly fat is above the abdominal muscles and can be pinched. This is the stuff that hangs over the belt.

Visceral fat is more easily stored and faster to be burned. This is because it has a greater blood supply and is more sensitive to the fat burning hormones (catecholamines) compared to subcutaneous fat.

Belly fat is stored when the combination of excess calories meets the hormonal influence of cortisol and insulin. For those of you who take a calorie-centered approach to weight loss, you may find that the fat around your belly burns off at a much slower rate. This is because belly fat can be as much a hormonal phenomenon as it is a caloric one.

Cortisol and Insulin

The single biggest influence over the levels of insulin in your body comes from the amount of starchy and sweet foods you eat. The biggest influence over cortisol has to do with stress levels, which is directly related to sleep quantity (and quality).

What many people don’t realize is that cortisol is a schizophrenic hormone when it comes to fat loss. It increases fat storage due to the actions it has on the major fat storing enzyme called lipoprotein lipase (LPL). But ironically, it also speeds fat burning by stimulating the major fat releasing enzyme hormone sensitive lipase (HSL). Cortisol can be your best friend or your worst enemy. By itself it does not have much of an impact on belly fat, unless it is “hanging out with” insulin.

Insulin activity shuts down any fat releasing activity of other hormones like cortisol, and therefore accentuates the negative fat storing effects. Adding cortisol to insulin is like pouring gasoline on a fire. The two together — with excess calories — are the real culprits in fat gain around the middle.

(SS + Ft) x St = Belly Fat

Starch and sugar (SS) combined with fat (Ft) may represent the worst combination for fat gain. Starches and sugar raise insulin levels and fat is relatively neutral. In other words, while fat supplies calories by itself, it has little to no impact on insulin production. But when fat is added to sugar and starch (think doughnuts, French fries, pizza and burgers), you get higher calories, more insulin exposure and lose the ability to feel satisfied. Insulin and fat also independently raise another fat storing hormone called ASP (acylation stimulating protein), and when they are combined, they drastically enhance another fat storing hormone called GIP (glucose dependent insulinotrophic peptide). Add stress (St) on top of this and the impact is multiplied, further forcing excess calories around the belly.

(P + V) x (Sl + IE) = Six Pack

Protein (P) and vegetables (V) add a high-powered hunger-suppressing punch with little insulin production. This means less calories and better hormone balance. Sleep (Sl) magnifies this effect by lowering cortisol and increasing human growth hormone (HGH) — a fat burning and muscle building hormone. Throw in intense exercise (IE) that favors weight and interval training (more HGH and testosterone) over long duration cardio (more cortisol), and you start seeing the butter drip off.

The Belly Fat Plan

The fix lies in replacing the sugar and starch with fiber and raising the protein while normalizing the fat. The foods with the highest ratio of fiber relative to starch are vegetables (beans, corn and potatoes are considered starch, especially when trying to lose fat), and foods highest in protein are eggs, and all lean cuts of meat. While cheese and yogurt are also high in protein, they can add to the fat and sugar burden, so use dairy foods in small amounts.
    For exercise, make your dominant form of activity fast-paced metabolically demanding weight training. Weight training done the right way is better at burning fat, balancing hormones and is great for your heart.

Breakfast — eggs and 10 bites or less of starch
    Snack — tuna and veggies
    Lunch — salad with chicken on top
    Snack — apple and a handful of almonds
    Dinner — steak, double veggies and 10 bites or less of starch

Circuit Weight Training (20 minutes, 4 exercises — squat/press, push-up/rows, back row, lunge/curl) — Do 12 of each exercise and immediately go to the next one. Don’t take structured rests, instead push until you can’t and rest until you can (what we call rest-based training). See how many rounds you can do in 20 minutes.

Interval Training (20 minutes) — If you’re overweight, use a stationary bike, or if you like to run, do sprints on the track. Go hard for 20 seconds, then rest for 40 seconds. Then hard for 30 seconds, rest for 30 seconds. Then hard for 40 seconds, rest for 20 seconds. Then hard for one minute, rest for one minute. Repeat this routine four times.

Walking — Walking is not considered exercise — it’s a necessity that lowers cortisol. Include a walk after each workout.

Sleep (8-10 hours a night) — Make sleep a priority. Getting enough sleep is about choices. For some, it’s cutting out that last television show of the night. For others, it’s accepting the fact that not everything on the to-do list can be done in one day.

Monday — Circuit weight training, walk
    Tuesday — Interval training, walk
    Wednesday — Circuit weight training, walk
    Thursday — Interval training, walk
    Friday — Circuit weight training, walk
    Saturday — Cardio (run or bike), walk
    Sunday — Rest

Belly Fat Detective Work

Time and time again, we are spinning our wheels trying to change our exercise program in an attempt to get rid of the belly fat, when in reality it is the diet program that needs to be manipulated and experimented with the most. Despite claims we are “eating right,” many times we don’t realize that if we are not getting the results in fat loss, then no matter how good we are eating, it is not good enough. Your metabolic formula is different from everyone else, and you need to stop being the dieter and start being the fat loss detective. Remember: Diet is the most crucial element in body change and fat loss. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Dr. Jade Teta is an integrative physician specializing in natural health, fitness and body transformation.

happy nonfastdays & fastdays or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀

Wow!!!!

My main source of stress is my business, a petcare company. We walk dogs and feed can care for cats and small pets at home. I have six staff. A couple of years ago I broke my knee (well a dog collided with me, not even one I was walking!) and since then I haven’t been able to do the walks I used to.

In the last six months one girl had her 16 yo daughter diagnosed with cancer – six months of chemo, and she has been in for about half the time. When she was there I had to find as much work as possible as she is in benefits, and dropping her hours below a certain level results in a huge loss of income. Then another had a twisted gut, a week in intensive care, two months off work entirely, now she can still only feed cats, has another hospital stay booked for November when they will try to reconnect her remaining bowel, off for goodness knows how long, who knows if she will ever walk dogs again(she’s over 60). Another fell down a step and badly broke her ankle 3 months ago, still ill. Another fell but thank goodness only badly bruised. These are all good and loyal staff and I have to keep their jobs for them, however hard it might be for me.

Finally I came back from France to complaints from a customer (a loyal and high value customer) that one of the girls was regularly doing short walks – cheating the poor dog of his only break in the working day. I’ve sacked her, but its a hugely stressful business because of the laws in the UK, and not helped by sacked girl’s boyfriend bombarding me with abusive emails.

I’m going to put the business up for sale, I’m 63 and these stresses are harder to handle than they used to be.

Then this summer my daughter has been pregnant, and finally gave birth in September. The last couple of months were problematic, and the birth was fairly disastrous. I worried about her. She is doing fine now, with quite a challenging baby, but is still quite seriously anaemic. My son has two daughters, the elder of which is quite severely disabled. It takes the whole family to support them.

I only have two dogs now, but one has undiagnosed health problems (he is only 7, losing hair, no obvious explanations, arthritis, continence problems, heart murmur, slipped disc and cancer at the beginning of the year, both surgically sorted we hope, waiting for referral to the Royal Veterinary College). The other was a foster that stayed because his behavioural problems made him unsuitable for the kind of people who fell for his cute looks. He’s made huge progress, but still requires my almost constant attention.My dogs are my toddler substitutes

Finally, Unreconstructed British Man is working far too hard, to the point where I worry about his health. He’s away for most of the rest of the year in Japan and China (and is right in the path of the typhoon today) And he won’t let anyone else work on our house, which is partially dismantled as we remodel it to the home we want. But he doesn’t have the energy or time to really tackle it, and doesn’t trust me to do the work (although while he is away I do some stuff). Before I met him I was better at DIY than any man I knew, but I admit he is better than I, just not quicker!

Is that enough?

I too have failed at mediation before, but I am finding that the Headspace programme seems to be working for me. http://www.getsomeheadspace.com

Bl**dy H*ll USA, you aren’t very kind to yourself, are you?

I am unconvinced by the argument that intensive exercise is necessary. I think its unlikely that our wilder ancestors deliberately engaged in intensive exercise on a regular basis, although as hunter-gatherers they would have walked huge distances.

ruthi wow

it almost seems unkind 2 meditate or 2 take urself away from stress solutions

these r true true heavy problems 2 get through w/ empathy

u deserve such stressfree joy

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

remember u don’t want ▄†

ruthi concerning exercise i agree w/ u & dr michael

the 3 minute

every article or idea i will try or i what i have & will ever post

will always adapt 2 the fastdaylifestyle & it’s

exercise philosophy 😀

4 newbies

“Eat, Fast and Live Longer” 6 August 2012

Michael J. Mosley has set himself a truly ambitious goal: he wants to live longer, stay younger and lose weight in the bargain. And he wants to make as few changes to his life as possible along the way. He discovers the powerful new science behind the ancient idea of fasting, and he thinks he’s found a way of doing it with the 5:2 diet that still allows him to enjoy his food. Michael tests out the science of fasting on himself – with life-changing results.

EAT FAST AND LIVE LONGER

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

“The Truth About Exercise” 28 February 2012

Michael Mosley investigates recent scientific research that could change the way people exercise, including a study that suggests many could benefit from just three minutes of high-intensity activity a week. He also discovers the health benefits of seemingly innocuous actions, such as walking and fidgeting, and learns why some people do not respond to exercise at all.

THE TRUTH ABOUT EXERCISE

http://vimeo.com/51836895

“The Truth About Personality” 10 July 2013

Michael Mosley explores the latest research in genetics and neuroscience to find out what factors shape people’s personalities and whether they can be changed. Michael tries two techniques in an attempt to make him worry less and become more of an optimist – with surprising results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajvZmXqlrNU

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀

& chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge 2 reverse type2diabetes

wish me allot of success ruthi 😀

back 2 belly fat & reversing

Bicycle: Lie on your back with your legs in the air. Move for legs in a circular motion as though you were riding a bike.

will do that 2 when i wake up 🙂 of course w/ the 3 min a week philosophy 😀

I’m not doing HIT either. All I do is walk, fairly fast, for at least an hour a day. I’m of the same ethnic group as Micheal Mosley, so I reason that my genetic makeup will be similar.

Anyway that’s my excuse, but the truth is I hate gyms.

I suspect bicycling on your back won’t be the same in HIT terms – no resistance!

bloated we all don’t like that

A bloated stomach can invite many health-related problems. Cutting down on salt intake and focusing on a potassium-rich fibre diet can help in getting a flat stomach, says an expert.

A new book by Robynne Chutkan, a gastroenterologist and founder of the Digestive Centre for Women in Washington D.C., suggests that women have a tendency to bloat more than men mainly because they have longer intestines.

Chutkan says that there are major differences between the male and female digestive tracts. So, to shrink the stomach size, a few precautions must be taken, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

Cut down salt: Too much salt in the diet contributes to edema and bloating. Stick to the recommended 1500 mg of salt intake a day. Don’t put salt on the table to add to your dinner and limit the amount whilst cooking. Avoiding ready meals is a must too as these are laden with salt for flavor.

Eat more fiber: Eating a combination of soluble and insoluble fiber is an effective way to stay fit and avoid the bloated feeling that comes with constipation. Foods that are rich in fiber include oranges, mushrooms, raspberries, broccoli and cabbage.

Focus on potassium-rich foods: As sodium makes body retain water, potassium helps it to get rid of excess water. Eating potassium-rich foods like bananas and sweet potatoes can help minimize your middle waist. But make sure to exercise right as these can be fattening too. (not on the wheatbelly diet) ☆☆☆but 4
    toms mantis :D☆☆☆

Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water ensures that fiber can do its job to ease constipation too. Not drinking enough water can also aggravate your sodium and potassium levels.

Avoid digestive stress: Stay away from foods that are difficult to digest like sugary or fatty foods. Focus instead on simple meals which are made with whole foods and steamed vegetables to heal the digestive system.

Ditch artificial sweeteners: Found in flavored water, diet, low-carbs and sugar-free foods, artificial sweeteners aren’t completely digested by body. Bacteria in the large intestine tend to ferment them, causing gas and bloating. Always check food labels to avoid sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol and lacitol. (Read: 10 ways to beat sugar cravings) ♥♥♥♥hi ruthi 😀 ♥♥♥♥

happy no bloating

ruthi

agree

this is only 2 get started in beeeeeeeeeeeed yay

should start thinking of slow luxurious feeling ways of exercising in bed

nice slow gradual way 2 start

instead of gyms ugh ugh ugh

USA, you’re such a breath of fresh air. I have a picture of you lying there on the floor cycling, well, as good a picture as I can have without seeing you. My exercise has been lacking this week up to now. Bit limited to what I can do due to a spinal problem which inhibits my walking for long periods. That’s why my allotment is so important to me. Do an exercise class twice a week usually. Anyway, changed our fasting day from Monday to Tuesday for a few weeks as OH is working away 2days a week, makes it awkward Mondays, and it’s thrown me a bit. Will fully read your research on belly fat later. Happy fasting.

toms

the best thing i ever bought a long time ago
    was a very firm tempurpedic

i now will start on that all exercise 😀

sorry 2 hear about spinal problem big hug around legs not ur back 😉

went 2 search 4 u exercises that might help u not hurt u

Try: Partial Crunches

Some exercises can aggravate back pain and should be avoided when you have acute low back pain. Partial crunches can help strengthen your back and stomach muscles. Lie with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Cross arms over your chest or put hands behind your neck. Tighten stomach muscles and raise your shoulders off the floor. Breathe out as you raise your shoulders. Don’t lead with your elbows or use arms to pull your neck off the floor. Hold for a second, then slowly lower back down. Repeat 8 to 12 times. Proper form prevents excessive stress on your low back. Your feet, tailbone, and lower back should remain in contact with the mat at all times.

Try: Hamstring Stretches

Lie on your back and bend one knee. Loop a towel under the ball of your foot. Straighten your knee and slowly pull back on the towel. You should feel a gentle stretch down the back of your leg. Hold for at least 15 to 30 seconds. Do 2 to 4 times for each leg.

Try: Wall Sits

Stand 10 to 12 inches from the wall, then lean back until your back is flat against the wall. Slowly slide down until your knees are slightly bent, pressing your lower back into the wall. Hold for a count of 10, then carefully slide back up the wall. Repeat 8 to 12 times.

Try: Press-up Back Extensions

Lie on your stomach with your hands under your shoulders. Push with your hands so your shoulders begin to lift off the floor. If it’s comfortable for you, put your elbows on the floor directly under your shoulders and hold this position for several seconds

Try: Bird Dog

Start on your hands and knees, and tighten your stomach muscles. Lift and extend one leg behind you. Keep hips level. Hold for 5 seconds, and then switch to the other leg. Repeat 8 to 12 times for each leg, and try to lengthen the time you hold each lift. Try lifting and extending your opposite arm for each repetition. This exercise is a great way to learn how to stabilize the low back during movement of the arms and legs. While doing this exercise don’t let the lower back muscles sag. Only raise the limbs to heights where the low back position can be maintained.

Try: Knee to Chest

Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Bring one knee to your chest, keeping the other foot flat on the floor. Keep your lower back pressed to the floor, and hold for 15 to 30 seconds. Then lower your knee and repeat with the other leg. Do this 2 to 4 times for each leg.

Try: Pelvic Tilts

Lie on your back with knees bent, feet flat on floor. Tighten your stomach by pulling in and imagining your belly button moving toward your spine. You’ll feel your back pressing into the floor, and your hips and pelvis rocking back. Hold for 10 seconds while breathing in and out smoothly. Repeat 8 to 12 times.

Try: Bridging

Lie on your back with knees bent and just your heels on the floor. Push your heels into the floor, squeeze your buttocks, and lift your hips off the floor until shoulders, hips, and knees are in a straight line. Hold about 6 seconds, and then slowly lower hips to the floor and rest for 10 seconds. Repeat 8 to 12 times. Avoid arching your lower back as your hips move upward. Avoid overarching by tightening your abdominal muscles prior and throughout the lift.

Lifting Weights May Help

Done properly, lifting weights doesn’t usually hurt your back. In fact, it may help relieve chronic back pain. But when you have acute (sudden) back pain, putting extra stress on back muscles and ligaments could raise risk of further injury. Ask your doctor whether you should lift weights, and which exercises to avoid.

If your back is hurting, try swimming, where the water supports your body. Avoid any strokes that twist your body.

Try: Some Pilates Moves

Pilates combines stretching, strengthening, and core abdominal exercises. Under the instruction of an experienced teacher, it may help some people with back pain. Be sure to tell your teacher about your back pain, because you may need to skip some moves.

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/lower-back-pain-10/slideshow-exercises

what do u do in ur class? what how long etc…

thanks

good article on triglycerides he does not like meds cool

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2013/10/high-triglycerides-wheat-elimination-or-gemfibrozil/

2day is a nonfastday & have not eaten yet way over 36 hours

getting in2 the researching

better go eat what a great thing 2 say

😀

@ruthi
    ” I don’t have double standards at all. ..The dogs are totally dependent upon me, and I make their eating decisions for them, …it behoves me to make the best decisions possible for them.”

You treat your dogs better than you treat yourself.

That’s a double standard.

I treat everyone better than myself, that’s what women do. Isn’t that the response?

But actually I am not sure I do. In feeding terms I treat myself pretty well as I do the dogs, ie I feed myself good food. And then the other me goes mad occasionally when I find/need sugar (and the dogs go mad when they find a discarded burger!)

How do you think I should treat myself better?

let’s try AGAIN reversal type2 diabetes

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!!!!!!!

★★DAY 1 FASTDAY monday START DATE 10/14/2013★★

DINNER ♨

tomato flax milk raw red pepper soup choppered then blended
    in pot

flax milk 4 cups 100 cals
    3 yellow/red/orange medium size
    Bell Pepper (Raw) 93 Calories
    steamed 2 MED tomato Calories 43
    spicy garlicky seasoning
    chopped breast no skin chicken 100 cals

SNACK

40 pistachios 120

total 456 cals

this whole menu was actually 2 filling which is great 😀 so slept super well yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

★★DAY 2 NONFASTDAY W/ (wheatbelly)★★

cool b4 after pics

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/success-stories/

adf (alternative day fasting w/ 1 glorious feastday every 14 days or mayb 7 days 😉

did not eat until 5pm 2day since fasting last night 9pm

DINNER ♨

made Turkey meatballs over a bed of
    choppered raw peppers drizzled w/ olive oil

Olive Oil Calories 80
    1 yellow medium size
    Bell Pepper (Raw) 31 Calories
    cooked Ground Turkey 1 cup Calories 296
    Mozzarella Cheese Serving Size 1 oz 72
    herbs
    minced garlic
    cayenne pepper

DESSERT

put all in chopper

Avocado – Fresh Med Avocado, 2 Half med (150 g)
    280 Calories
    Figs – Dried, uncooked 2 figs 42 Calories
    walnuts 1/2 cup Calories 380
    sour cream 2 tblsp Calories 60

snacks

1 yellow medium size
    Bell Pepper (Raw) 31 Calories

dipped in my homemade flax milk caesar dressing
    1/4 cup flaxmilk unsweetened 6 cals

Raspberries, raw 20

20 cals

total 1298 total

goodnight 2 all & good luck

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & reversaltype2 & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀 ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

USA! Thank you for all the trouble you have gone to on my behalf. I will definitely try those I can manage. Your kindness has made me cry-but for the best of reasons! Having my 3rd monthly weigh in tomorrow. Fast well, eat well, and take care.

★★DAY 3 FASTDAY ★★

mediterraneanday

DINNER/SNACK ♨

walnuts 1/4 cup Calories 190
    almonds 10 70 cals
    20 small, black olives 52 cals

never thought walnuts/almonds & black olives would b a great
    combo taste or dipping nuts in (dressing b low) all so filling

u really don’t need crackers will try all kind of nuts next time

romaine lettuce 8 leaves 20 calories
    1 small boil egg 57 calories
    both dipped in my homemade flax milk caesar dressing
    1/4 cup flaxmilk unsweetened 6 cals

string cheese 2 100 cals dipped 2oo

total 495 cals

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & reversaltype2 & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀 ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

☆☆☆☆☆☆ HI!!!!!!!!!! toms how r u?☆☆☆☆☆☆

this is so fascinating

What Happens If You Eat 5,800 Calories Daily on an LCHF Diet?
    Is Overeating Carbs Worse Than Overeating on an LCHF Diet?

conclusion

Sam Feltham carried out an experiment a few months ago that caught a lot of attention. For three weeks he pigged out on low-carb LCHF foods, 5,800 calories a day.

According to simplistic calorie counting, Feltham should have gained 16 lbs (7.3 kg). But in reality, he only gained less than 3 lbs (1.3 kg).

Now Feltham has repeated his experiment with exactly the same amount of calories, but from carbohydrate-rich junk food. On the same amount of calories he gained more than five times as much weight: almost 16 lbs (7.1 kg)!

The difference in waist circumference was even more significant: 5,800 calories of LCHF food for three weeks reduced his waist measurement by 1 1/4 inches (3 cm). The same amount of junk food led to a 3 1/2 inch (9.25 cm) increase in his waist. And you can see the difference visually.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/what-happens-if-you-eat-5800-calories-daily-on-an-lchf-diet

http://www.dietdoctor.com/category/weight-loss/weight-loss-stories

★★DAY 4 FASTDAY ★★ yes i know 2 days in a row

was not hungry so figured might as well keep going

also the guv sight is back easy 2 copy/paste

Pepper, sweet, red, raw 1 medium (2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ across) 37
    sausage al fresco® spicy jalapeno chicken 2 sausage (5″ long x 7/8″ across) 260
    String cheese, part skim 50 calorie 2 stick 100

Apple, raw 1 medium (2-3/4″ across) 72

Your Menu Total 469 Calories

goodnight! will try 2 sleep early

★★DAY 5 NONFASTDAY W/ (wheatbelly)★★

LOWCARB HIGH FAT DAY

LUNCH

Apple, raw 1 medium (2-3/4″ across) 72

Bacon, pork, Uncured, lower sodium, cooked 8 medium slice 346

Eggs, fried, no fat added 3 medium egg(s) 190
    Flax seeds ½ cup 387
    flaxmilk unsweetenned ¾ cup 18

DINNER

Venison, roasted 6 ounce(s) 323

SNACKS

Avocado, raw 1½ California avocado (black skin) 326
    Almonds, unroasted 24 almond 166
    Walnuts 1 ounce (14 halves) 185
    Cheese, Cheddar 8 cracker-size slice 226

Your Menu Total 2239 Calories

Protein 147 g Carbohydrate 70 g

Dietary Fiber 42 g

Total Fat 67% Calories

♥♥ ruthi ♥♥

♥♥ r u ok? ♥♥

Awww! little hearts! Thank you!

I am fine, although struggling a bit with the sugar demons. With URBM away I have been totally carb free (save for some beans) and found it really hard. And Mrs Clever took a while to realise that it was the change in diet that was causing the headaches, SLEEPLESSNESS etc. I think I need to read Dr Davis in more detail, because I never had any great problems giving up wheat (and switching to gluten free stuff) but its clear that going properly low carb is going to be a bit of a struggle.

And I couldn’t think of anything to criticise with yesterdays menu! I was amazed how much fibre is in a day’s food with not much green stuff. If you analysed further, did you get all the necessary micronutrients?

ruthi

glad u liked my hearts ♥ ♥ ♥

mayb someone has the book & cookbook & can share about the wheatbelly

glad u like the site did u c the cool b4 after pics

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/success-stories/

the fiber is coming from

Almonds, unroasted 24 almond 4 g
    Apple, raw 1 medium 3 g
    Avocado, raw 1½ 14 g

★Flax seeds ½ cup 20 g★

Walnuts 1 ounce (14 halves) 2 g

Your Menu Total 42 g

no it does not have all nutrients that what supplements r 4

here r the nutrients that r ok & under

Minerals
    Target
    Average Eaten
    Status

+ Calcium
    1200 mg
    1023 mg
    Under 🙁

+ Potassium
    4700 mg
    3370 mg
    Under 🙁

+ Sodium**
    1500 mg
    1892 mg
    Over

+ Copper
    900 µg
    3015 µg
    OK

+ Iron
    8 mg
    32 mg
    OK

+ Magnesium
    320 mg
    591 mg
    OK

+ Phosphorus
    700 mg
    2306 mg
    OK

+ Selenium
    55 µg
    144 µg
    OK

+ Zinc
    8 mg
    26 mg
    OK

Vitamins
    Target
    Average Eaten
    Status

+ Vitamin A
    700 µg RAE
    470 µg RAE
    Under 🙁

+ Vitamin B6
    1.5 mg
    2.4 mg
    OK

+ Vitamin B12
    2.4 µg
    22.9 µg
    OK

+ Vitamin C
    75 mg
    28 mg
    Under 🙁

+ Vitamin D
    15 µg
    12 µg
    Under 🙁

+ Vitamin E
    15 mg AT
    15 mg AT
    OK

+ Vitamin K
    90 µg
    57 µg
    Under 🙁

+ Folate
    400 µg DFE
    364 µg DFE
    Under 🙁

+ Thiamin
    1.1 mg
    2.1 mg
    OK

+ Riboflavin
    1.1 mg
    3.1 mg
    OK

+ Niacin
    14 mg
    27 mg
    OK

+ Choline
    425 mg
    748 mg
    OK

i’m trying 2 find a site where it will show a low cal low carb complete nutritional menu 4 the day

i do have a newsletter from

whfoods.org he really tries 2 make sure it has the complex & complete nutritional day on his site The George Mateljan Foundation

(i just thought of it i will take his recipes & cut them wooo hoo 🙂 )

example of newsletter

healthy food tip and recipe
    October 15, 2013
    Check Out What’s New On Our Website
    Recent research shows that apple polyphenols can help prevent spikes in blood sugar and help regulate your blood sugar. Learn What’s New and Beneficial About Apples.
    Today’s Recipe
    If you don’t know what to serve for dessert tonight …
    This apple tart is a Reader favorite. The healthy date and nut crust allows you to indulge in a delicious healthy dessert without compromising flavor. And one serving of this tart provides an excellent source of those hard-to-find, healthy-promoting omega-3 fatty acids. Enjoy!

No-Bake Apple Walnut Tart

This apple tart is a Reader favorite. The healthy date and nut crust allows you to indulge in a delicious healthy dessert without compromising flavor. And one serving of this tart provides an excellent source of those hard-to-find, healthy-promoting omega-3 fatty acids. Enjoy!
    Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes, chilling time: about 1 hour

Ingredients:

Crust
    2-1/2 cups walnuts
    1-1/2 cups dates (Medjool dates work well)
    sea salt to taste
    Filling
    3 green apples, such as Granny Smith, sliced
    juice of 1 lemon in 2 cups water
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp allspice
    1/8 tsp ground clove
    2 TBS honey
    1/2 cup apple juice
    1/4 cup raisins
    Directions:

Combine walnuts and dates in food processor. Make sure you remove pits if dates have them and cut off end where stem was. Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth (about 40 seconds). It should be a coarse texture when done. Press evenly into a 9-inch tart pan. Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
    Slice apples by cutting into quarters. Cut out core and slice crosswise in 1/4 inch thick slices. Put into lemon water while you finish cutting apples. Drain well in colander when done.
    Place apples in a large skillet with rest of the ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently on medium heat.
    Remove apples with a slotted spoon from hot pan to a bowl and cool completely.
    Reduce liquid to about half the volume and then cool.
    Spread apples evenly over crust. Brush apple-juice syrup over apples. The tart can be served right away or it will keep in refrigerator until needed. Keep tart covered in refrigerator so it doesn’t pick up moisture. Top with a little vanilla yogurt if desired.
    Serves 8

Healthy Food Tip
    The Latest News About Apples

Apples are such commonly consumed fruits that it’s easy to overlook their amazing and unique health benefits. Apples combine certain nutrients in a way that sets them apart from all other fruits and makes them a food of choice for achieving several health goals.
    What’s New and Beneficial About Apples

The phytonutrients in apples can help you regulate your blood sugar. Recent research has shown that apple polyphenols can help prevent spikes in blood sugar through a variety of mechanisms. Flavonoids like quercetin found in apples can inhibit enzymes like alpha-amylase and alpha-glucosidase. Since these enzymes are involved in the breakdown of complex carbohydrates into simple sugars, your blood sugar has fewer simple sugars to deal with when these enzymes are inhibited. In addition, the polyphenols in apple have been shown to lessen absorption of glucose from the digestive tract; to stimulate the beta cells of the pancreas to secrete insulin; and to increase uptake of glucose from the blood via stimulation of insulin receptors. All of these mechanisms triggered by apple polyphenols can make it easier for you to regulate your blood sugar.
    Even though apple is not an excellent source of dietary fiber (it ranks as a “good” source in our WHFoods Rating System), the fiber found in apple may combine with other apple nutrients to provide you with the kind of health benefits you would ordinarily only associate with much higher amounts of dietary fiber. These health benefits are particularly important in prevention of heart disease through healthy regulation of blood fat levels. Recent research has shown that intake of apples in their whole food form can significantly lower many of our blood fats. The fat-lowering effects of apple have traditionally been associated with its soluble fiber content, and in particular, with its fat-soluble fiber called pectin. What we now know, however, is that whole apples only contain approximately 2-3 grams of fiber per 3.5 ounces, and that pectin accounts for less than 50% of this total fiber. Nevertheless, this relatively modest amount of pectin found in whole apples has now been shown to interact with other apple phytonutrients to give us the kind of blood fat lowering effects that would typically be associated with much higher amounts of soluble fiber intake. In recent comparisons with laboratory animals, the blood fat lowering effects of whole apple were shown to be greatly reduced when whole apples were eliminated from the diet and replaced by pectin alone. In summary, it’s not fiber alone that explains the cardiovascular benefits of apple, but the interaction of fiber with other phytonutrients in this wonderful fruit. If you want the full cardiovascular benefits of apples, it’s the whole food form that you’ll want to choose. Only this form can provide you with those unique fiber-plus-phytonutrient combinations.
    The whole food form of apples is also important if you want full satisfaction from eating them. Researchers have recently compared intake of whole apples to intake of applesauce and apple juice, only to discover that people report less hunger (and better satiety, or food satisfaction) after eating whole apples than after eating applesauce or drinking apple juice. But especially interesting was an additional finding about calorie intake following apple consumption. When healthy adults consumed one medium-sized apple approximately 15 minutes before a meal, their caloric intake at that meal decreased by an average of 15%. Since meals in this study averaged 1,240 calories, a reduction of 15% meant a reduction of 186 calories, or about 60 more calories than contained in a medium apple. For these researchers, “getting ahead” in calories with a net reduction of 60 calories was a welcomed outcome of the study, and an extra benefit to their study’s primary conclusion—the importance of whole apples (versus other more processed apple forms) in helping us manage our hunger and feeling more satisfied with our food.
    Scientists have recently shown that important health benefits of apples may stem from their impact on bacteria in the digestive tract. In studies on laboratory animals, intake of apples is now known to significantly alter amounts of two bacteria (Clostridiales and Bacteriodes) in the large intestine. As a result of these bacterial changes, metabolism in the large intestine is also changed, and many of these changes appear to provide health benefits. For example, due to bacterial changes in the large intestine, there appears to be more fuel available to the large intestine cells (in the form of butyric acid) after apple is consumed. We expect to see future studies confirming these results in humans, and we are excited to think about potential health benefits of apple that will be related to its impact on bacterial balance in our digestive tract.
    WHFoods Recommendations

Apples belong to the Rose family of plants and are joined in that family by a wide range of very popular foods, including apricots, plums, cherries, peaches, pears, raspberries, and almonds. Foods in the Rose family are simply too diverse in their nutrient value to allow for any one single recommendation about the number of servings that we should consume from this family on a weekly basis. However, when focusing specifically on apples, several anti-cancer studies show daily intake of this fruit to provide better anti-cancer benefits than lesser amounts. So there may be some truth to that old phrase, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” Still, we don’t recommend that everyone eat one apple on a daily basis, given the wide variety of available fruits and the nutritional uniqueness of each type. But we do recommend that everyone eat at least 2-3 whole fresh fruits per day, or the equivalent of 2-3 cups’ worth of fresh fruit. Within this framework, if apples are a type of fruit that you strongly prefer, there would be nothing wrong with consuming one on a daily basis, and you may get some special health benefits by doing so.
    Health Benefits

Apples provide numerous health benefits including:
    Antioxidant properties
    Cardiovascular support
    Blood sugar regulation
    Lung health support
    Anti-asthma benefits
    For more details on apple’s health benefits, see this section of our apples write-up.
    Nutritional Profile

Apple polyphenols are standout nutrients in this widely loved fruit. These polyphenols include flavonols (especially quercetin, but also kaempferol and myricetin), catechins (especially epicatechin), anthocyanins (if the apples are red-skinned), chlorogenic acid, phloridizin, and several dozen more health-supportive polyphenol nutrients. Apple is a good source of fiber, including the soluble fiber pectin, and it’s also a good source of vitamin C. Apple nutrients are disproportionately present in the skin, which is a particularly valuable part of the fruit with respect to its nutrient content.
    For more on this nutrient-rich fruit, including references related to this Latest News, see our write-up on apples.
    Printer Friendly Version of The Latest News About Apples
    If you have any questions about today’s Healthy Food Tip Ask George Your Question
    What’s New on the Home Page This Week
    Breakthrough News The Latest News about Apples
    George’s Q&A Is it necessary that your foods provide you with plenty of the nutrient glutathione?

i’m going 2 try his recipe w/out the honey & apple juice but he has good stuff hope u like it

here is one dinner

Mediterranean Cod with Tomatoes

Enjoy this low-fat meal with cod as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating this week. It contains less that 200 calories!
    Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

2 medium onions, sliced medium thick
    3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
    1/2 cup + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
    2 cups fresh or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) diced tomatoes
    2 TBS fresh lemon juice
    *1/4 cup chopped black olives
    *1 TBS capers
    1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
    2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
    2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
    1 lb cod fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
    salt and cracked black pepper to taste
    red chili flakes to taste
    * optional
    Directions:

Slice onions and chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
    Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel pan or skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes in broth, until translucent. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
    Add rest of broth, diced tomatoes, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer on high heat. Once it starts to simmer reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
    Add herbs, olives, capers, and cod fillets; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cod mixed with tomato herb sauce.
    Serves 4

keep posting anything not just 2 critique 😀

eventhough i like that 2

have a fab weekend & what sugar demons?

★★DAY 6 NONFASTDAY W/ (wheatbelly)★★

MEDIUMCARB HIGH FAT DAY

LUNCH

pie

Apple, raw 1 medium 72
    Butter unsalted 1 tablespoon 102
    Fig, dried, uncooked 2 fig 95
    Flax seeds ½ cup 387
    flaxmilk unsweetened 1¼ cup 30
    Sour cream 2 tablespoon 56
    Walnuts ½ cup, ground 262

Eggs, fried, no fat added 3 medium egg(s) 190
    Bacon, pork, lower sodium, cooked 1 medium slice 43

DINNER ♨

soup

salmon wegman 1 medium steak (5/8″ thick) 220
    Black beans (brown or Bayo beans), canned no salt 1 cup 196
    Onion, mature, raw 2 cup, chopped 128

SNACKS

Almonds, unroasted 8 almond 55
    Cheese, Cheddar 8 crckr 226

Your Menu Total 2060

♥4 U ruthi the nutrition♥

Protein 113 g OK
    Carbohydrate 141 g
    Dietary Fiber 44 g OK

Total Fat 59% Calories Over

Linoleic Acid (g)*** 11 g 24 g OK

α-Linolenic Acid (g)*** 1.1 g 20.6 g OK
    α-Linolenic Acid (% Calories)*** 0.6 – 1.2% Calories 9.0% Calories Over

Calcium 1200 mg 1345 mg OK
    Potassium 4700 mg 3574 mg Under
    Sodium** 1500 mg 1460 mg OK
    Copper 900 µg 2931 µg OK
    Iron 8 mg 35 mg OK
    Magnesium 320 mg 633 mg OK
    Phosphorus 700 mg 2260 mg OK
    Selenium 55 µg 162 µg OK
    Zinc 8 mg 10 mg OK

Vitamin A 700 µg RAE 724 µg RAE OK
    Vitamin B6 1.5 mg 1.6 mg OK
    Vitamin B12 2.4 µg 31.1 µg OK
    Vitamin C 75 mg 35 mg Under
    Vitamin D 15 µg 31 µg OK
    Vitamin E 15 mg AT 6 mg AT Under
    Vitamin K 90 µg 28 µg Under
    Folate 400 µg DFE 390 µg DFE Under
    Thiamin 1.1 mg 2.4 mg OK
    Riboflavin 1.1 mg 1.9 mg OK
    Niacin 14 mg 17 mg OK
    Choline 425 mg 681 mg OK

goodnight

★★DAY 7 FASTDAY W/ (wheatbelly)★★

DINNER ♨

Chicken, thigh, roasted, grilled, or baked, skinless no bone 4 ounce(s) cooked, no bone 130
    Garlic, raw ½ clove 2
    kelp noodles gold mine nat fd 2 cup 24
    Pepper, red, cooked (with salt, no fat added) 1 medium pepper (2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ across) 32

SNACKS

pistachio no salt 30 nut 90

Popcorn, air-popped (no butter or oil added) 4 cup, popped 124
    Romaine lettuce, raw 8 leaf, romaine 20
    flaxmilk unsweetenned ½ cup 12

Your Menu Total 504 Calories

♥4 u ruthi the nutrition♥

Protein 50 g OK

Carbohydrate 41 g Under

Dietary Fiber 13 g Under

Minerals Target Average Eaten Status

Calcium 1200 mg 413 mg Under
    Potassium 4700 mg 1601 mg Under
    Sodium** 1500 mg 854 mg OK
    Copper 900 µg 1046 µg OK
    Iron 8 mg 20 mg OK
    Magnesium 320 mg 300 mg Under
    Phosphorus 700 mg 965 mg OK
    Selenium 55 µg 43 µg Under
    Zinc 8 mg 7 mg Under

Vitamins Target Average Eaten Status

Vitamin A 700 µg RAE 803 µg RAE OK
    Vitamin B6 1.5 mg 0.8 mg Under
    Vitamin B12 2.4 µg 10.8 µg OK
    Vitamin C 75 mg 229 mg OK
    Vitamin D 15 µg 6 µg Under
    Vitamin E 15 mg AT 3 mg AT Under
    Vitamin K 90 µg 265 µg OK
    Folate 400 µg DFE 419 µg DFE OK
    Thiamin 1.1 mg 0.3 mg Under
    Riboflavin 1.1 mg 1.2 mg OK
    Niacin 14 mg 9 mg Under
    Choline 425 mg 165 mg Under

Hello USA,
    I was interested that you are eating raw garlic. I read such good things about it – but the effect on a person’s breath 🙁 but more important is the good it does I guess. I have it when I’m not expecting to see anyone for a few days.

I noticed recently that my blood sugar was suddenly rather higher than it had been lately. Into the 6’s. Even one 6.8 after eating. I think what I’d been doing differently the days before was not having definite meal cut-off points. I’d been eating the same healthy, low GI things but grazing more than I had lately. So I suspect that this grazing way of eating is also not good and I need to eat then stop for several hours.

It’s a bit shocking also how tiny little bad habits sneak back in unawares. In this I think I’m going to have to do zero tolerance with frequent critical reviews.

Hope you have a good day 🙂

You depress me, USA. All those lovely links to articles that say how bad carbs are, and you still eat loads, plus hardly any vegetables. Carbs make you fat, and keep you fat. And while you stay fat, you’ll likely stay T2D. Popcorn FFS!!! not nutrients in there just carbs.

Dr Davis says max 40g carbs on a full eating day, Dr Mosley is advocating nutrient dense foods on fast days, which basically means lots and lots of green veg.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 861 total)

You must be logged in to reply.