Returning to fasting and needing support

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi there, I have joined this forum as I really need some support in being successful with my fasting. I lost 20kg a couple of years ago and that came off really easily over 6 months. Then I battled for another 18 months to get a further 10kg off. Last April, with only 3kg to go before my target, I tried to adopt a maintenance diet but that didn’t work and now the 10kg has gone back on. I am really worried that the other 20kg will go back on eventually. I need a routine that I can implement that will help me lose the weight and keep it off but I just can’t get started on my own.

I have tried all sorts of fasting and even managed three days once but I have done it unsupported and don’t think I have the motivation to do that anymore. I really need to be part of a community who understands the ups and downs of fasting and weight loss to help me as I think this is a long term effort.

I am planning on doing 4:3 rather than 5:2 so I get a routine going, a bit like ADF.

Really hoping I can make a success of this and get the 10kg off, and then the final 3kg would be amazing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Welcome, El. Have you read the Fast Diet Book, which describes how to to this diet? It is motivational. When you say you have tried ‘all sorts of fasting’, it makes me wonder if we are talking about the same thing. 500-600 quality calories/day for 2 days, then eating sensibly the rest of the week. In our house, we Fast Mondays and Thursdays and have done so for 4+ years. Doing a 4:3 is OK, until you get the hang of it. What you want most to do is to develop sustainable patterns of eating that you can maintain for the rest of your life. What are you choosing for foods on Fast Days? on Slow Days? what you eat everyday matters.
    Good luck. Keep us posted with your progress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.