Restarting 5:2 after 4 months

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Boomer Sooner 10 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I am trying to get myself restarted on 5:2 after a long break. What happened was that I had a great start, ran it for four months and was feeling great. But back in November I had a bad flu with high fever and was in bed for the better part of a week. I lost another 2 kg that week, got a bit scared and decided to take a break in order to not get too skinny. That break got a bit too long though 🙂

Weighed myself this morning and I have gained 3 kg since the flue. No big alarm but I know that I will keep adding weight slowly unless I take action.

My weight is in the normal range but I got myself one of those scales that also measures body fat and that is a different story. Also, my main motivation are in the health area rather than only weight and this I find to be a more difficult motivator.

The current plan is to watch the documentary again tonight and run a fast day tomorrow. But yesterday my plan was to have a fast day today but that didn’t happen 🙁

So, if you have some good advice or other support to share I’d appreciate to hear from you!

Hi Ingrid and welcome back!!

just take one day at a time and go for it, you have done this before so you will know what to do 🙂

if you are able to exercise then maybe include some routine in your plan,even if its just walking, good luck and am sure you’ll get back on track in no time!

Take care 🙂 xx

Thanks a lot Angie!

Going “public” with my plan might help too 🙂

Am sure it will Ingrid, lots of support here and encouragement!!

go for it, you wont look back 🙂 x

Hi:

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Thank you for the link, Simcoeluv!

I am afraid that there are some special challenges for those of us who fell or (in my case) jumped off the wagon. When reading the tips for the newbies my brain goes “yeah, I know, could have wrote them myself…”

Motivation is the key here. I need to think back on the months I did IF, how I felt so much more energy, and had a lot of good things happening with both body and mind but also took a firmer grasp on life in general.

I have set the oolong tea out on the zink so I won’t make my regular breakfast tomorrow morning (am a bit of a zombie before I get my first cup in the mornings). Now I’ll watch the Horizon program and then go to bed. I’ll let you know how I managed tomorrow night – at least if I manage 🙂

Just celebrating a bit, I made it! And feel good of course.

My situation is similar. I had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery in September 2013. I had begun my 5:2 program in May 2013 and the Friday before my heart attack I marked 40 lbs lost. I know 5:2 works, I know I can do it but for some reason I have not been able to get back “in the saddle” ,so to speak. I am finding a greater sense of dread at the thought of fasting. Not sure why.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.