Recipes for festive treats that don't put on pounds – Ideas needed please!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Recipes for festive treats that don't put on pounds – Ideas needed please!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bronx 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Recipe ideas are discussed in various threads, but with Christmas and New Year coming up, and birthdays, dinner guests, pleasing children etc. in mind:

Please suggest recipes for festive-worthy deserts using Truvia, Natvia, or altogether low sugar, low GI.

Maybe top of my wish list after reading posts by Amazon and HappyNow:

I am salivating at the thought of a chestnut meringue pie, maybe made with chocolate and/ or rum cream.

Or anything with chocolate.

A no-bake cake, and/or anything very simple.

Using almond flour or polenta or other instead of wheat flour.

Thank you!

Hi TryTry,

Have you looked through the recipe forum? There may be some ideas in there that interest you.

Most of the sugar free and reduced fat recipes I try come out just awful. It’s probably something I’m doing wrong. There is one recipe that’s fairly decent, a crustless pumpkin pie. I use Stevia in place of sugar and almond milk in place of whole milk. I make it 5 or 6 times a year and always enjoy it. I must admit I do miss having the whipped cream on top but can’t go there; too many calories for me!

2 cups pumpkin puree (15oz can)
    18 packets Stevia (3/4 cups sugar equivalent)
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/2 teaspoon allspice
    1 1/2 cups almond milk
    1/4 cup powdered milk (optional)

Spray a 9×9″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together and pour in pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree (F) oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Glass baking dishes without crust require a cooler oven, and in most cases, a longer baking time.

Personally, I use a Pyrex glass baking pan to make mine and bake it at 350. Haven’t had an issue, but your results may be different.

Bronx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.